Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Oh man, that rabbit thing is amazing. I love its ENTHUSIASM. OH BY THE WAY YOU'RE GOING TO DIE IN A FEW MINUTES, HEEHEE! It seems to suggest VLR will have more humor than 999 (where the vast majority of the humor was Junpei's terrible, awful puns).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Clearly, Luna is secretly a Pokemon. A POKEMON CALLED FUNYARINPA. :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Hmmmm. So if we want to go through the magenta door, we take Luna, if we want the yellow door we take Tenmyouji, and if we want the cyan door we take Alice, right? That kinda sucks that you can't start out with any of the paired people, because K seems cool (I mean, no idea about who he actually is, if he's not a robot, but he seems like a rational, intelligent, easygoing guy). I would assume the system changes somewhere along the line, or we would only get to see the paired four when in the main room.
Also, interesting to note that only a cursory attempt was made to have them feel like they were in danger, and since they've been in the central warehouse room, they've had the game explained, but Zero III has not threatened their life or told them they were in danger. This may yet come, but it would be interesting if it didn't.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Let's go with Alice through the cyan door. I have nothing against Luna and Tenmyougi, but I'd really like to learn more about Alice first.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

What is this dot movement thing being talked about? I'm confused. :saddowns:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Well. HUH. That's interesting. What's a tenth person doing here? Obviously one of the others left her here. Actually...huh. The people that came out of the leftmost elevator were Clover and K. Clover being unconscious when she left the elevator, it seems likely either K is responsible for the dead or unconscious woman on the floor, there's an eleventh person cleverly hiding from everyone, or Zero III has robots at its disposal.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, "crew quarters" makes me think they're either on a spaceship, or they're supposed to think that's where they are. Or maybe I just want that to be the case because it would be cool.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I know it makes some practical sense to betray, but I would just Ally every time.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think K would talk like that about his suit if it were a containment suit. I think he's a soldier, and his suit is BATTLE ARMOR. :black101:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Maybe it's somehow spoilers for a potential third game in the Zero Escape series? That makes...a little sense.
Also holy poo poo what. SNATCHERS. :allears:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I thought the Luna dialogue was implying Luna has a thing for Sigma. :3:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I'd be furious with Clover if she hadn't already been established in 999 as dumb and paranoid. But seriously, goddammit, Clover, you're loving yourself and everyone that's not Zero over for the stupidest reasons. You don't tell people you know who the killer is and not tell them who the killer is. Everyone that does that in any murder mystery gets killed. COME ON.
So yeah, Clover is probably dead meat unless she's full of poo poo and is actually Zero.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Makes you wonder, is this even the same Clover? :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

All in all, K seems to be a pretty good guy. Sigma and Phi were being really stupid, about to get themselves killed because they weren't thinking straight emotionally (although, who would in this situation, really?), so K saved their asses.
Also, despite how obvious it would be for K to be a robot, there's no way he actually is for pretty much that reason.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I feel like the people who have played the game deliberately steered voting toward this outcome. Otherwise I can't explain why people wouldn't want to know what the deal with Alice is. :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Dio's an rear end in a top hat and we got no idea what K's deal is, but Clover has a proven track record of psycho killing (at least in an alternate timeline). Plus she's the one with an established motivation for killing Luna. Also, given the amount of time Clover, Dio, and K spent on the scene, it makes the most sense that Clover or K did it, not Dio. But Luna not moving into view after the confrontation with Clover seems pretty strongly to point to Clover. Which could be a red herring, but that's viewer logic. It makes the most sense for Sigma to say it was Clover even just given what he knows.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

What. In. The. Hell.
So it looks like Tenmyougi and Clover are both dead as well, and that they were handcuffed to prevent them from moving. Only Dio, K, or Quark could have done it. Unless Tenmyougi though Clover was the killer, and did this to take her down, even if it meant he would die as well. :psyduck:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Well, poo poo, so either K or Dio is a horrible murderer, it looks like. I'd hate it to be K, but Dio's...kind of too obvious. Maybe K went all Manchurian Candidate or some poo poo.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

This is more confusing than the submarine ending in 999. I guess theoretically it could be Quark or Phi, or K isn't actually dead, but still, what in the hell.
I guess I would say I suspect Quark is the killer, and is also a robot? As absurd as that sounds.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

aaaaaagh, Fedule, you evil genius.
Welp, I guess, barring a surprise appearance by the MYSTERY MURDERER, we're about to find out what K looks like under the mask.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

welp, this is the gently caress YOU YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY ANSWERS path. Just more and more questions piling up with no resolution to any of it.
And then an Ambidex Gate opening implies someone else is still alive. Which means either Quark or K (having shed his suit and made it look like he was dead). Quark is looking likely to be dead, though, given the bracelet. That or PARADOX VANISHED in a manner similar to June, which would be an insane theory in pretty much any other game, but within the context of this series is totally plausible. Given that this ending seems to be as bleak as the submarine ending in 999, it seems likely now that Phi and Sigma will get got without getting any answers. Congratulations VLR, you have succeeded in totally confusing me.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

OH. ohhhhh. That's how the paths work in VLR. That's actually really clever. While a To Be Continued is frustrating, obviously it's easier if you understand the flowchart, and that it means you're going to have to get the password from a different pathway. Being able to jump around sounds really handy, too, and having the game keep track of where you've already been so you don't go down that road again. 999 had a bit of a meta-puzzle figuring out how to get the correct ending, but this is an exponential leap from that. Hopefully the voters pick either going with Alice or going with Tenmyougi, because I want to see a radically different series of events.
Also, right now the flowchart seems to imply there are 18 different endings, but I suspect some of them converge at the same place.
Last, the flowchart seems to imply that betraying in the first Ambidex game with one partner locks you into a path for quite a while, while Allying with another does the same. Probably means that if you betray with one or ally with the other, you don't get a choice of which of the Chromatic doors to go through for plot reasons.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I am so glad for this LP as it becomes more and more clear to me many of these puzzles would totally stump me.
Also, I am so glad this path won, it's already paying off. Tenmyougi is awesome. :allears:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I think people find it hard to betray likable characters like Luna and Tenmyougi. Now, if it were Dio or Quark, the decision would be MUCH easier.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

huh. Well, this was a remarkably paranoid/vicious round. If I were in this situation, I would try, moving forward, to only go through the chromatic doors with Alice or Luna. If forced into a situation with anyone else, betray would be necessary for survival. Because, given that they betrayed once, there is no reason to ever trust them again. K, Clover, Luna, Tenmyougi, Dio, Quark, none of them could be trusted after that. Probably, none of them will trust each other either. So much betrayal from the get-go poisons the well. There's pretty good odds this leads to a bad ending, although you can never tell with this game.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Yikes. With that configuration, there's no way Ally is an option for anyone. But as I suspected, the assignment of color and pair/solo is different on this path. I wonder if it's also different if Betray had been chosen rather than Ally. aaaaagh, this is insane! :psyduck:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

So between this, Clover's bugged expressions, and Luna being an Audino, it's becoming increasingly difficult to take this game even remotely seriously. :v:

The resolution of the plot will involve robotic duplicates of Luna being beaten up over and over and over, FOR THE EXPERIENCE. All the time, the Lunabots will just say "I forgive you, Sigma" and "It's okay, I understand."

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

pssssh, this is an easy choice. Dio is not good at the blackmail thing. As people have said, given the assumption that Dio cannot be trusted to keep his word at any point, choosing Ally would not guarantee Quark's safety, and would probably get Sigma killed and allow Dio to escape. If we betray Dio, he might still keep the medicine for protection. Because should he break it, Sigma will tell Tenmyougi what Dio did, and WELP.
This is a play that most people in the game would fall for, but Sigma should be smart enough to see the flaw. So when the time comes, I will vote Betray and so should everyone else. :colbert:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Why the hell are people picking Ally? That's clearly a quick death path. I'd rather keep going on any path that goes forward, rather than ends in death. I also want to see what happens if we call Dio's bluff. There is literally no reason to vote Ally beyond naive hope. If we don't enable Dio's escape, he's still stuck with us, and he can't well destroy his only leverage. Do you want to see a Game Over scene that badly?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Welp we died. The end.

I hereby move that we rename the thread to "Dio Must Die" :colbert:

Yeah, I don't see what the point of this is. Unless Zero III was lying, Sigma will die really quickly, so even if interesting things happen, mostly we won't see them. Sure, Dio will get his head caved in probably, but that doesn't matter because this is a dead end route. And probably 99% of the people that voted Ally knew it and didn't care. I have no idea what the hell is going on. :smith:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Ah, okay, so he has five minutes. I thought it acted a little faster than five minutes. Also, very surprised Dio gave up the medicine.
As to what we see next, people wanted to basically savescum the dilemma Dio put us in, so eff em, let's go back to the beginning and go through the cyan door with Alice. :hehe:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I'm never going to try predicting anything again.
I guess Dio is exactly that awful. gently caress Dio, the only good ending is one in which he gets the poo poo beaten out of him over and over again.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Of course we're going to pick Ally. I was tempted by betray, it makes logical sense, but gently caress logic. Everyone acting in a logical, selfish way in this would be suicide. Let's vote with our hearts now. :unsmith:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I don't understand any of this, something really screwy is going on here. Was the discovery of the old woman the variable that altered the equation here?
Also, I believe Quark might have been the one doing the voting in all three pathways. BECAUSE QUARK IS ZERO SR. :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Zoe posted:

Didn't someone at one point theorize Ten was actually from some kind of post-apocalyptic future because of some comment he made about 'finding' a factory full of valuable metals? So let's not jump to conclusions, I'm sure all he meant is that a kid Quark's age should be in elementary school, but they're all closed at the moment because of the plague and robot takeover.

Other theory: Quark and Tenmyougi are the same person. :tinfoil:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

The biggest thing I got from this update is that whatever Clover is, she's very very bad at being it. :colbert:

Clover is....Clover is just dumb. Like, colossally thick. Thank goodness, the other three women are fairly smart, but goddamn, Clover. If she's supposed to be a spy, her spy agency must be ISIS.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

yeah, there's no way we can backstab an unconscious person. Plus, Luna, obviously, we love Luna.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Goddamn, Alice is evil. Clover, why are you friends with such an awful person? whyyyyy?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Of course we must go back and betray Alice. So that the game can promptly reveal that if you betray her, she didn't vote, it auto-allied, and you killed her. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I really, really hope Luna's as on the level as she appears to be. Having her be Zero would be too much like 999, in that she's got a somewhat similar personality to June.
We're all mad at Alice, but I think we should be equally mad at Dio, Phi, K, and Clover, who have basically ensured nobody escapes on this path, and they probably get caught in an infinite circle of betray until the bombs go off or everybody gets infected with Radical-6.
Alice is right that the selfish logical choice is to vote betray, but we've already seen the logical choice isn't always correct. Sometimes you have to Ally when betray makes more sense, and Betray when everyone is telling you to ally.

• Locked thread