Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yeah, the article could be a double bluff. I'm really not a fan of "Surprise, while you were sleeping, the apocalypse happened!" stories, though. I find those just too depressing to make me care about the surviving characters.

A 100.000 dead worldwide while certainly a large number is hardly the end of civilization. Even if it was just the US it would hardly put a dent into the total population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

I just realized that K's got 9 BP now. Even if we picked betray, there's a chance we would have gotten a Game Over anyway. It all depends on what K would have done.

Yeah the decision probably didn't matter, we were screwed the second K got into a situation where he wasn't a 100% sure the opposing part would vote ally.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

legoman727 posted:

In the meta sense, Ally still makes more sense when we look at the other routes. We know Ten's going to backstab anyone but Quark, and K and Clover have betrayed both times, leaving them all stuck at 3. Luna's gonna get screwed over by Dio, but if we ally with Alice, that at least leaves us with only one person at 1BP and a lot less risk of murder.

I think one important thing you're forgetting about this route is that we currently have no stakes. In both of the other routes the seed of mistrust was already placed by finding the dead lady and then further expanded after the first round when it got revealed that getting 0 points means death. In this route nothing has happened yet, it has yet to become a life and death situation.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Changamer posted:

Wow, I did not see that coming. Pretty sure this is the first time Dio actually aliied. Also, why did Tenmyouji ally with K and Clover but not us?

Someone had died the time he betrayed us.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mindblast posted:

So everyone feels physically out of it? I don't know what it could mean but I doubt this is the last we will hear about it.

I'm calling it, they're all robots. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kgummy posted:

Well it was the only thing that I could think of that makes about to die from the bracelet different from about to die from the bracelet but with a plot lock that stops it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it has something to do with the bombs.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well it's not like Alice is the only hypocrite, considering the Magenta path where Tenmyouji Betrayed Clover just to get Quark to 9BP.

I'm assuming the pair shufflings are the same as last time? If that's the case, we're still paired with Luna, and we'll be going up against Clover or Phi.

Looking back the pair shufflings do indeed seem to be the same. Although that gif is kinda confusing because of how fast it moves. I'm assuming though that Alice will go with another pair since we betrayed her.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah 999 was never a good old murder mystery.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I find it funny that people still think that sprites are cheaper than 3D models. If you're working at a very low resolution, maybe, but either way, 3D models only have a big initial cost of making and rigging the model, and animations (at least, VN style animations) cost barely anything after that, while sprites have cost associated with each unique animation frame.

In AA5 they put that fact to really good use. One of villains in one of the cases puts on masks of other characters whenever he panics in court and of course he starts using that respective characters animations as well despite still having his own lower body. :3:

I don't even want to imagine how much work that would have meant if they used sprites. 3D models with decent rigging makes such things so much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nagna Zul posted:

I really hope this LP doesn't end here. Stopping after reading through half the game would be enough to make me buy a 3DS just to finish the story.

It's not like there aren't alternatives. If you don't like waiting then you should know that Supergreatfriend has been streaming VLR for the last 6 months and so far the stream has reached 3 of the endings. All the parts are up on youtube and the stream has mostly been picking the same choices as the LP so finding a place to start shouldn't be that hard. Just look between part 30-40 until you find one where the flowchart is similiar to the LP.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB3tJdWbJO03p1UbDz0DtNX-

At that note jesus is this game long. The current combined length of the streams is 32 hours. I don't even want to imagine how much time you've spent working on updates Fedule seeing as you started in May last year. :stare:

• Locked thread