Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GeneralYeti posted:

Clover seems to have a bloodied wrist without a bracelet. Maybe that one on the floor is hers?

She also looks like she has a bloody finger, so she might have been awake trying to do something. Unless her killer tampered with the scene, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well. That certainly is a thing. I guess Tenmyouji should be more agreeable this route, if nothing else, since the old woman didn't turn up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Huh. Dio allied this time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

But if Alice does have Radical-6, that would easily explain her death on the Magenta door route.

I was thinking the same, and went back to that route's updates to refresh my memory on how she was found dead... She was investigating the AB rooms and found the knife wrapped in the bloody handkerchief, Clover went to talk with her, and after Sigma and Phi had a chat in the pantry while looking for Quark, Alice wound up dead and alone. Radical-6 induced suicide once she had secured a suitable weapon seems to fit the circumstances more simply than a third party discovering she had it, wresting it from her, stabbing her, and leaving the knife with the body.

Dio did have the opportunity to just take the knife if he'd killed her, too, since he reported finding the body, but with how Alice is acting now, I'm feeling like that was less a bluff to draw suspicion away from himself and more to possibly suss out a culprit; he was called on recognizing it as a knife without seeing the full weapon, so I surmise that he'd seen it before. But if he didn't kill her, then he would be thinking that someone else is a killer and/or may be able to connect him with it (since he rejected the ideas of accident or suicide), and the only known prior corpse at that point was the old woman.

But so far we haven't seen her or the knife this route. And when Tenmyouji was making examinations with the Luminol, he was checking the backs of the bracelets, of which Dio's turned out to have a reaction. The specific location makes me think either he expected the blood there from stabbing spray or that the woman herself was wearing it; I don't remember seeing blood around her wrist, though, and if Dio killed her for the bracelet then how did he get it on this route? He hid her body better, maybe? It's just bugging me. But this is a long-winded explanation for why I'm thinking that if Alice killed herself, then Dio had to have killed the old woman, because that's the only other person's blood Tenmyouji could have been checking for.

Also, Tenmyouji said something about making a deal with Zero before, I wonder if it was to protect Quark from Radical-6?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well then. I don't think this one can be blamed on Radical-6. The hell is your deal, Alice?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I don't know what's going on at all but I predict Alice will be as angry at Sigma as usual. This has got to be as confusing for Sigma as it is for me, though; I wonder if there'll be an explanation next update?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, Sigma's doing a good job following similar trains of thought. I actually laughed that he just preempted Alice by getting mad at her for choosing Ally.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Welp. You're welcome, Phi.
I wonder if she'll have an explanation or just jump out the door.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
O-kay. So... either Phi's remembering a timeline where we betrayed her, even though we haven't done so (yet), or Sigma has some serious gap in his memory. As usual, it's nice to see him as confused as I am.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So... Sigma has 9 points. This is strange new territory.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Of course it wouldn't be that easy. Poor Sigma, he can't even remember that he got betrayed which caused him to go back and betray.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Now Sigma remembers betraying, but not betraying because he was already betrayed. I guess that means the timeline where the plot lock popped up won't ever stop Phi from escaping.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Dio's still present with a bracelet on the timeline where the old lady DOESN'T show up, though... and that's also the timeline where the bombs have come into play.
Looking back through the story in the thread, way back when it was Murderpalooza and Dio and K double-killed each other, Tenmyouji was using the luminol to check if the underside of anybody's bracelet was bloody- Dio's was.
It looks kind of like the old lady was his main objective all along and going through with the game is his only escape route, and the bombs are just insurance? Though I'm not sure how he'd get the bracelet if doesn't kill her.

And now we have the Gaulem Bay open when it shouldn't normally be. And what was of particular note inside that room's safe was K's key.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Fedule posted:

So did you and K go through the other door?

Yeah.

What was in there?

Nothing, really.

It appeared to be some sort of room for servicing...something.

That doesn't make any sense!
So what the hell was whoever opened that door looking for?

Who knows...
Besides grabbing K's key (which would have been the only unique thing in the safe), the room would also be able to provide necessary maintenance to a Gaulem, presuming one of the players is one. Neither Phi nor Dio fall for the possible trap of naming which other room was opened, so while they could be lying (Dio does all the time), it seems reasonable to believe them on this point. And by Phi's comment, it seems like Dio basically came right back to the Warehouse, anyway. Quark can probably be ruled out as the one actively opening the door that shouldn't be open and rifling through the safe. That leaves Tenmyouji, Clover, Luna, and Alice...maybe the old lady but it seems rather unlikely with Sigma and K's path. And I guess another person entirely if Zero Sr. really is wandering about separate from the group. The Gaulem that was in the room didn't seem like he was in any condition to waltz out on his own, at least.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If the old woman planned to die and is Akane (which seems all but a slam dunk with the rest of the circumstances), it may be that she planned to suicide by Dio - which still makes the route she's missing on all the stranger.
But it does also mean that she would at least know Tenmyouji, Alice, Clover, K, and Zero Sr., and probably Luna if we're rolling with her being Robomom. She'd also know OF Dio if that was, indeed, her death plan; at least of Brother and the Myrmidons. That would pretty much just leave Sigma and Phi currently as outliers in personal connection, and they're the two that are doing the timeline consciousness dance, yeah? Well, Quark, too, but he's a tag-along with Tenmyouji.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Dio still had his suicide capsule, didn't he?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Who's to say Radical-6 didn't fundamentally alter the way gravity works? Across all of space like some kind of messed up Ice-9? There's your raised stakes, Sigma's got to go back in time to re-correct natural laws!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So... uh, revelations and bizarrely uncommonted eyepiece choices aside, these developments have pretty much narrowed down this mystery completely. To the confirmation point, given noted foreshadowing about Sigma.
Quark and Tenmyouji came present-day in a rocket, Dio infiltrated from the outside, Luna's our GAULEM, Akane's been working here with Zero Sr., K's tale ends up being about growing up here, and now Sigma finds himself in a body far older than he recognizes, so unless there's another surprise person or the logs were tampered with, that really only leaves Clover, Alice, and Phi left in the cast to have been frozen.
...not that we're any closer to knowing much about Phi because of that, but this should at least affirm that she's from some point in the past.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Even in the successful ending, Sigma's getting murdered for daring to get enough points to escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm amazed that it's finally complete. A lot to unpack from all that. Seeing Akane in her Zero get-up is kind of rad, though.
Thanks and congratulations for getting through it, Fedule!

Now that I've seen it all I can finally play this.

• Locked thread