Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, I just finished both reading through ALL of the 999 LP and getting caught up with this one in three days.

I regret nothing!

Also, normally, I'd listen to the dialogue in Japanese. Normally.

This game has made me rethink that idea entirely. Psychotic bunny AI? Cockney robot? Amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Clover, did you pass on your psychotic breakdown to Quark for this game?

Oh, you! :allears:

I have no idea who did any of the killing. Clearly, the goons who deem it a spaghetti binge are on the right track.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Here's my theory.

Quark absorbed some of Clover's potential insanity and killed Alice.

Now Clover is going to kill everyone else.

This is clearly a path that results in player death.

I can't wait to see how many ways we can die :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Zoe posted:

I have to say this game isn't doing Clover any favors, she was sooo much more likeable in 999.
She also wore clothing in 999. However, her hair was more ridiculous.

You win some, you lose some?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, this is an unexpected twist.

I wonder how many people we can ensure get killed before we hit the ending for this route? :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, another round with Luna.

This is the "Maximum Ladies" path, isn't it?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Green Intern posted:

You "could be stuck," in that there's a chance you wouldn't make it through the door, based upon the rules of the game. There really isn't anything indicating another door.
There wasn't an indicator in the first game, either. Zero never said there was only one door, but also never said there were two. Just said the number 9 door was the way to freedom.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Still voting Ally for Luna.

Because now she scares me greatly :ohdear:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Welp.

... Still voting Ally, because ghosts :ghost:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I was too late to start voting when it likely mattered.

But I would've voted Luna/Ally if I was playing this game for the first time, too. Going with such a Visual Novel style of gameplay would've been easier to understand if you had the ability to fast forward/skip through everything that didn't matter for the purposes of altering paths, though. Also, being able to start the game at the first decision would be nice, too. I can't imagine playing the first few bits of the game over and over for each ending is fun.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Pidmon posted:

Wait, who said you have to start the game over?
Having never played this game, I figured it was like 999 in that you had to start over from the beginning each time. If I'm wrong, good.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm not worried about the most mathematically efficient route to the True Ending (or whatever is considered as such).

I just want everyone, Fedule especially, to have fun on the ride there :allears:

Seriously, Fedule, you must LOVE cliffhangers, because you kept ending updates on them and driving me crazy :argh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Fedule posted:

Technically, our team is Sigma (7BP, Magenta Pair), Phi (7BP, Magenta Pair) and Luna (7BP, Green Solo), but unfortunately Luna can't join us today because somebody murdered her.
All I could think of when I read this line was :smith:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
What? Clover? Dio? K?

Clearly, the game won't let us choose the REAL culprit!

It was the old woman. :tinfoil:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Y'all are a bunch of Clover haters :colbert:

Canonically, she never hurt anyone before!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, I leave the thread for a few days, and everyone ends up dead.

Way to go, goons. I'm blaming you all for this. :colbert:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Clearly, the killer is Mist.

Someone told her they were all evil people, and we know how powerful she is.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I choose to believe that nobody is actually dead and Alice just shared the spaghetti with everyone and they had a food fight.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm disappointed that there's still survivors at the end of that arc. :colbert:

I also like how going with Luna and being nice to her got so many people killed. "What's that? You're a nice guy and you pick the cute doctor who is also a nice person (that we can tell so far, although she may have killed someone, but hey, who hasn't in this game? :v:), so we're just going to make sure EVERYONE ELSE DIES." Shows what I know about people.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Fellis posted:

I got so impatient with the cliffhangers that I borrowed a friend's 3dsXL and bought the game to play through it.

I hope you are happy Fedule :argh:
Now you need to buy your own 3DS so you can play more things!

Also, to potentially replace the one you borrowed from your friend in case you ended up throwing it through a wall in frustration.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I always listen to the voice acting. When there's no voice acting, I listen to the music.

Doesn't quite work to try doing both at the same time.

Also, good to see Sigma's still a doofus :v:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Fedule posted:

Radical-6

Wow, now that's a way to gently caress with someone.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Goddrat :stare:

That's lopsided!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Ahahahahahaha every group had a betrayer.

That's beautiful!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Hells yeah, we ditched Phi for Clover! Nothing can go wrong, now!

Everything will go wrong.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well. That was an infodump. And, as always, it raised more questions than it answered.

This game :argh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Zero is obviously Quark's hat. Just look at it sitting there, laughing calmly to itself as Sigma and Tenmyouji watch unsuspecting.
Oh gods, who is it going to latch onto next? :ohdear:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
... This game continues to gently caress with my mind. :stare:

I can't WAIT to see how else it messes with my thoughts and ideas!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Nidoking posted:

I could probably bookmark this as an ironic post and just quote it after every update. I don't think Fedule would appreciate it if I did, though, so please try to make ironic statements that are more specific to actual situations that will arise over the course of the game. Only if you don't know what those situations are, of course - I remain spoiler-free and make sure that everything I say about the game is so absurd it can't possibly be mistaken for truth. This, as you can imagine, is particularly difficult.
... Except the post isn't intended to be ironic. It's genuine. This game keeps loving with me and going in directions I can't predict and I love it, because it doesn't seem to be doing it just to gently caress with the player and be contrary. Hindsight lets you see most of it possibly coming, especially with the multiple routes. That's why I like it messing with me that way. It's because they're actually being clever about it.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Aw, come on, everyone. Stop trying to make sensible decisions and vote to drag the unconscious child with us! Last time we tried to make sensible decisions, we got most everyone killed.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Sentient Data posted:

(also, FF thinks that "contrarian" isn't a word?"
Firefox thinks lots of things. They're not always right.

Also, I was totally wanting to see what would happen if we decided to take the unconscious viral incubator with us.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Wow. Dio's actually much more tactful in the English dialogue. He flat out asks Sigma, "Is she an idiot?" in Japanese.

Still, Clover's puns are rather bad. And by that I mean physically painful.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It was the manner in which he said it. Asking if she's "simple" is basically the most tactful way of asking if she's stupid. Asking if she's a moron is rather less tactful. Also, he isn't whispering in the Japanese dialogue. He's at least lowering his voice in the English track.

I never once said he was being polite, however.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Fedule posted:

Is that a cat playing with a ball of yarn?

Uh... what?

Sorry. It's sort of a tic I picked up when I was a kid.
Whenever I talk about cats, I kind of... Well, you heard.

Th-That's pretty weird...
Seriously, Clover? After all the stuff you've been saying, you say that is pretty weird? :doh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Color Printer posted:

And that was the sound of most of the dramatic tension being sucked out like a vacuum. "Chocie".

I probably wouldn't have harped on it if it wasn't in a critical scene like this, honestly. :v:
I was going to comment on the same thing, actually.

It must have been an amazing chocie to get mentioned in such a dramatic moment, though.

Sentient Data posted:

I know it seems like an extra rule just for the sake of a rule, but it seems like a lot of the people in the thread are making their decision pretty flippantly.
Goons do nothing flippantly. We do it because we either think it is funny or because it makes the LPer suffer. At least, that's what I've seen when it comes to the Goonmind voting. Sometimes, though... sometimes the Goonmind makes something beautiful.

But only sometimes.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I saw it coming, and I still voted for Ally.

Because I wanna see what sort of fallout is going to happen for Dio before we die.

That, and I wanna see just how much of an rear end in a top hat he can be :unsmigghh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

klaphark posted:

What the gently caress K/Alice? That actually caught me totally off guard. This has to be K's doing right? I wonder if he expected Tenmjouyi to betray for some reason. Don't be evil mr robot :(
Well, I don't know if we've seen K vote Ally in any paths, yet. I honestly can't remember.

Also, Betray got him to 9, so perhaps he could use that to chase after and strangle Dio for being a giant dickbag.

Finally, Luna was betrayed in the first round this time, so she might have voted instead of K.

The final explanation is that K is a robot and was programmed to be nice to everyone except when voting.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't believe there's any question with what Sigma should do with the last five minutes of his life. I mean, the answer's so obvious.
:allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I've been waiting for the Morphic Field Theory to kick in again.

And it kicks in with a vengeance :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Looks like the Goonmind is going towards Ally again.

I just thought that, for once, we should Betray. If only because Alice needs to put on a goddamn shirt before we Ally. We can't just encourage her to walk around dressed like that!

• Locked thread