Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
The answer's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's drugged up, the bracelet is stuck to his arm...

The solution is to RIP HIS ARM OFF :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Ha, so he dresses like a circus ringleader because that's exactly what he is. That just amused me after seeing someone comment on that. I was all, "Oh, he does dress like one, doesn't he?" And it turns out... yeah.

Oh, I'm not so sure.

After all, he didn't even mention that he had a daughter did he?

Also, re: Sigma's face...None of you have played Ever17, have you? Because a pretty big plot point in that was that neither of the player characters were who you thought they were.

Also also, I find it interesting that Ten skirted around the topic of Quark's schooling. I get the feeling that the kid's never actually been to school...Why? Iunno.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 24, 2013

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Welp, looks like Sigma's vision was right. This place is rigged to blow.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Smiling Knight posted:

The Latin on the tombstone says "I was you, you will be me."

So when we combine this message that Zero left behind with what we know the morphogenic field was used for in the last game, and this quote:

Fedule posted:

Wait...
Then... you're saying...
Zero is one of us?

Well, yes, I guess that's one way to put it.

...we get time travel. Probably. Bets on Zero being one of the characters from the future?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So, should we place bets on who the people in the cryo chambers were?

Clover and Alice are shoe-ins (I get the feeling that Alice's corpse would have frozen if she really was All-ice). Sigma's probably the third guy.

Either way, it'd probably be a good idea to ask everyone what year they think it is...

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

And More posted:

While this may technically be true, there is compelling evidence in 999 like that random document called ALLICE written in hyroglyphics, and also this:

I'm sure the explanation will involve some ridiculous retconning, but still.
I'm pretty sure that hitchhiker is Alice. Like, the one in this game.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Adnor posted:

Is there's anyone we can trust in this game!?

(Please don't answer that)

Luna, of course!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
What were the symptoms of Radical-6, again?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Jagged Jim posted:

About the only thing we know about the actual symptoms comes from that journal we found on the Yellow path.

Things speed up, something something suicide.

...Well thats interesting, since the people who were affected didn't seem to be talking at 4/10th speed.

Maybe everyone is infected, and are seeing things at a fraction of the speed they're actually happening at? :tinfoil:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So Ten seems to know Clover, well enough that not being trusted by her hurts, but she doesn't recognize him for some reason. Furthermore, he's able to reveal something to her that causes her to trust him implicitly. He also knows about ALL-ICE.

This probably has something to do with those cryo pods.

And Dio has a thing for Luna.

Hmm...

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 11, 2014

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Sentient Data posted:

I think a lot of it might come from the same source as nostalgia - just hatred-colored-glasses instead of rose. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who think Alice is absolutely vile are the same people who took this path first on their own run-through (and probably allied with her as their first major decision). Similar stories for people who adore Luna to no end and those who have feelings that would line up with the third major path we haven't explored too deeply yet; basically a case of people latching on to the first attachment, positive or negative, that the game gave them

I've never played this game before and I think Alice is a total oval office, and on the rear end in a top hat tier list she's second only to Dio, mainly because his assholery is almost cartoonish (I'm fully expecting Clover to be third) Her incompetence and her completely unapologetic hypocrisy really rub me the wrong way. Especially since she happily murders Sigma without a second thought.

And also because she, a supposedly competent superspy, causes Clover to murder Luna. I mean, I think its pretty obvious what happened back there now.

She's basically more of a burden to the group as a whole than a boon.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 11, 2014

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

flatluigi posted:

Good job dude you took it even further than everyone else! :waycool:

I'm Australian. Calling people cunts is a national pasttime for us, regardless of gender.

Ya oval office. :v:

Mister Roboto posted:

What's a little creepy is that about 80% of the thread have revealed they played the game, so this means they're getting RE-angry again at a fictional character when watching someone else play. The first time was not enough, gotta tell all 30 people here how much I hate her this time around!

That's...something. I'm not sure what.

Thats not creepy - its either pathetic or just plain human nature depending on the viritol involved. Its only natural to want to share your experiences with others, after all.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Fedule posted:

Why would you care? You've got what, maybe five years left? Maybe less?
I'm not like you! I'm still young! I want to live a long life!
There's so many things I still want to do!

Like what?

Well, let's see...
I want to wear lots of gorgeous clothes...
I want to eat tons of delicious food, and fall in love...

What an idiot.

Excuse me?!

I was going to take your side, but after that load of horseshit you're on your own.
I reckon this segment sums up an awful lot of peoples feelings on Alice.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ApplesandOranges posted:

That would still raise the question of how they're smuggling them around til they're being planted. Dio would be my first peg because his coat looks like it could fit something of that size, and because it's Dio.

However, there's a much tighter timeframe to plant the bomb in the B. Garden since Phi says she's the first one there. That implies Phi, or one of Tenmyouji, Clover and Dio, who could have done it while exploring. I'm going to discount a delirious Alice since she wouldn't have been able to plant the one in the Lab in the alternate path.

All Dio had to do was be the last person out of the room. Its him, I'd bet money on it. And him actively trying to murder everyone would explain a lot about both his rear end in a top hat behavior, and that little murder spree way back when.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Penakoto posted:

Tenmyouji must be pretty ripped for an old guy, if he can knock out Dio in one punch.

Well according to him, he hauls junk around for a living. That probably involves lifting a lot of heavy things.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Hogama posted:

O-kay. So... either Phi's remembering a timeline where we betrayed her, even though we haven't done so (yet), or Sigma has some serious gap in his memory. As usual, it's nice to see him as confused as I am.

Looks like we're gonna have to make a self fulfilling prophecy and betray her so the timeline she remembers happened exists.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Dio probably cuts our throat when no one is looking.

Now that we've betrayed Phi and so have experienced what Phi accused us of doing, lets go back to the same branch again and ally with Phi. Maybe we can talk her down if we say we do remember.

:10bux: it was the bombs.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Onmi posted:

From all this, I would assume that Phi is Zero. the message in the computer room of "I am you, you will become me. She knows everything" is a Sigma of an alternate world who finished the Nonary game telling his past alternate world self that eventually he will become him, and that Phi knows everything.

Could be wrong though.

But how the heck would he have been able to get that message there in the first place if it was an alternate Sigma? Sigma can only jump to his own body, and planting that message there would have required him to have access to that place before his alternate self (our Sigma) inhabited his body.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Glazius posted:

Okay, so Phi and Sigma are from an alternate future where the waveform collapsed and blew up the earth?

I mean, we've seen that explosion in flashes before.

I'm pretty sure that explosion is the antimatter bombs going off.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Onmi posted:

We don't retain all memories when we jump, so obviously Sigma jumped and forgot he ever completed a Nonary game? Potentially because he didn't find the answer at the end of it. It's like how Phi knows Sigma's name but not enough to know how she knows Sigma's name. Or Sigma knows enough to know he chose betray but not enough to the exact circumstance that lead to him doing so.

No, I mean, at the start of the Nonary Game, Sigma was in the box. He was, presumably, there since he was kidnapped, and after he left the box he's controlled by us.

At what point exactly did he have the opportunity to place that message?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Onmi posted:

Okay fair enough. That message was still obviously foreshadowing, so unless he was never meant to see it (unlikely, the entire focus of the game seems to be around him and his abilities) someone who is, or was, or was in a similar position TO Sigma left him a message.

But who, and how?

If it was a message from future Sigma to past Sigma, that'd heavily imply that he had access to the facility before the game started...

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The bloody murder weapon was wrapped into a handkerchief and shoved between [DQ] and [L]. Then sometime after that, [L] was moved to the left, and Alice found the now revealed evidence.

So just to be clear the weapon was found next to [DQ] after [L] had been moved to make it look like [DQ] was actually [L]?

Thats not suspicious at all!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I'm half-convinced that Dio started off by killing Tenmyouji and Phi, K walked in, killed Dio and left to find everyone else, and one by one other people walked into the room, saw the carnage, and had their latent Radical-6 infections get triggered before killing themselves.

Rinse and repeat with every member of the cast except Quark (who's god knows where) and K (who's still trying to figure out where everyone went, much like Sigma).

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lokesin posted:

I think one explanation for this ending is that 'Zero' noticed that someone had figured something out that they didn't want them to, and as such decided it was time for a really radical party in the treatment center.

The curious absence of Quark and K from The Party Pile would put them rather high up on the list of suspects.

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify it in my head because what the gently caress that was sudden.

Eeeh, that seems kind of out of character for this Zero. Considering the circumstances (two powerful espers with time travel powers locked up alongside a couple of of lesser espers - which Clover states would result in the lesser espers powers being 'eaten' by the more powerful espers) I find it believable that the entire point of this Nonary game is to get the players to figure things out - especially considering how many blatant clues have been left lying about the facility - and/or force rapid development of Sigma and Phi's esper powers - possibly in an attempt to replicate Akane's stupidly powerful abilities?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Sentient Data posted:

Seems like a possible bit of insanity, but it can't be a case of finding a cure since one already exists (the bottle Dio used to blackmail Quark's life). Maybe something about using the cure, but it seems to be just a simple shot. If you want to subscribe to the far future theory then maybe learning how to make the cure that now exists could make sense, but if that were the case then I feel like there would have been a puzzle or notes about manually creating the cure from scratch instead of finding a bottle of the completed product

Maybe its not about the cure, but rather about Free the Soul. I mean, thanks to Dio happily blabbing anything he feels like when he feels like he's already won Sigma and Phi now know an awful lot about how the organization works. Significantly more than the secret agent bent on destroying it does at least. Maybe its about Sigma and Phi getting the information back to past Alice and Clover? It'd certainly explain their presence beyond maybe being esper batteries.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Phi is confusing since the only people she seemed to actually show concern for are Sigma and Quark, and even then she's ready to ditch them in at least two paths. I mean, the level of refusal to believe Quark could have killed anybody in that first path is almost suspicious.

She's a pragmatist like K, but the way she goes about doing things is far more sneaky.

Don't forget - she's a time traveler like Sigma and Akane. Letting someone die/be humiliated is fine when you can just jump back to a time where it never happened.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
If there's any 'Patient Zero', I fully expect it to be that wanker Dio. He probably brought a vial of the stuff in for the express purpose of infecting everyone. Its not like he'd care about getting infected himself after all.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I still think K is the Gaulem. Hiding the robot guy under the robot suit would be quite the double-bluff. Also he has part of his memory missing, right? It's easier to wipe memory on a machine than a person.

Yes that's my entire justification.

Anyway, nothing says that someone looking to make a robot that can imitate a person so perfectly that you'd never be able to tell wouldn't also make that robot bleed when cut. It'd be a pretty lame infiltrator otherwise.

edit:

God dammit Tenmyouji Junpei. Clover didn't tell you anything about Ice-9 and Alice at all.

I love how, sixty years later, he's still utterly convinced that nonsense is true.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Fedule posted:

I will grant that the LP format makes this a bit more drawn out than it might otherwise have been, but there's not much I can do about that.

You could crack open a guide and only allow votes for things that'll advance the plot and come back to the dead ends as bonus content or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like this is probably the intended result of any of Uchikoshi's games.

*pointed look at Remember11*

• Locked thread