Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

Trasson posted:

To all players,

You thought you were getting answers.

Maybe I'm just calibrating my expectations, but I thought this was quite a lot of information. We know that Ten is somehow involved with the Mars test (seems like whatever company he runs might have been involved) and a decent clue to the origin of Radical-6. At least assuming that Tenmyouji's reliable on that, which he most likely is.

This feels more and more like a Twelve Monkeys style set-up, where someone is trying to stop the outbreak by traveling to the past. We know Ten made a deal with Zero to be here, but it seems like that had more to do with Quark than fighting the virus. Maybe Zero turns out to be trying to find out what happened. (Non-time-travel option is that Zero is recreating the conditions somehow to get psychic solutions).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Atomic Spud posted:

When did we find out Tenmyouji runs a company? Maybe I need to re-read the updates, but I don't remember that at all.

Well, he at least has some sort of processing factory for rare earth metals. Maybe he's not running a company, but he's in a similar position - he might have been a supplier of materials for the test site. Although then again if he's a time traveler, it's entirely possible that his control of the factory came after the calamity.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The thing that strikes me is that in their discussion there was never a good reason for Ten not to choose Betray. Indeed, all that was argued was why Sigma was likely to choose Ally. And while we can surmise that Ten normally wouldn't want to leave Quark alone, his opinion might have changed: maybe he's willing to exit now rather than waste any more time, and trusts that the others can look after Quark until he returns. Indeed, if there's anyone they ought to allow to 'go out and look for help', it'd be him. He actually would have a reason to come back.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Naerylan posted:

The bit about how killing Sigma might still be on the table was inserted somehow in localization. And you can tell from the context because Sigma's next step is to argue down the idea that he would have any benefit from pushing Betray (rather than an argument against the risk of being betray-murdered).

This has been your translation footnote of the day. :spergin:
You may now return to your previously scheduled cliffhanger.
:suspense:

It certainly threw me for a loop; thanks for explaining that.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Fedule posted:

Well which is it?

Why the hell would I know?

Well, you did make a deal with the guy. Maybe you met him here already?

Previously I'd thought that Tenmyouji's entry into the game might have been because Zero already had Quark, but this last update suggests otherwise. Since he feels responsible for getting Quark involved, I wonder if it's something more like Zero saying, "I can cure the boy's Radical-6 if you agree to participate."

Kangra
May 7, 2012

My theory on why Clover's young and Tenmyouji's old is that he jumped back in time to get in the game. He did make a deal with Zero after all. I think there's an outside chance that Quark is actually his son, or a clone of his son maybe.

Option 2 is that this Clover is actually a Gaulem, and is not the original Clover. Alice can always be eternally young.

If Clover's been shown bloodied, then maybe not that one.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I was wondering if there was a fancy industry name for those things, but it looks like they just call them "kiddie rides".

He could have just had that one designed. I can't imagine it would be that much extra expense. These folks would probably make a custom one.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah, the game seems to have already confirmed that Ten = Junpei. Whether or not the old lady is actually Akane though is still a mystery.

No mystery, Tenmyouji directly stated her name. The mystery is technically the other way (he didn't give his name), but it seems really likely that he's Junpei. He does say that he's been looking for her 'for a long time' but not for romantic reasons (although Quark says differently).

Kangra fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 26, 2017

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Does dropping the scalpel violate the 'no littering' rule? I mean, it's probably a good thing Nagito saved her life, but we wouldn't want him to get penalized for it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm amazed they have a sedative that works on both humans and robots. You'd think the whole advantage of being a robot is the immunity to that sort of thing.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Luna literally explains that Sigma is probably still susceptible to injections in his arms when she scans his arms - for Realism.

My point is how did the person who injected him know this? It implies that K knocked him out, despite believing him to be a robot. Unless K is being deceptive and already knows the truth...

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'd be disappointed if Phi was just jumping around these timelines and simply has a bad memory. I'd prefer her to have just jumped in from the one where Clover was a sentient giraffe, K was pregnant, and Sigma's outfit had swastikas all over it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

^^^^^
I think that's a death threat in Japanese. (I'd call for a mod, but one already made the same comment.)

Maybe Sigma's seen his face plenty of times, but he just has autoproposagnosia, and didn't know it was him.

• Locked thread