Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Fedule posted:

Mostly (as observed above) this is down to the very immediate threats and the constant reminders thereof - the sinking ship and the gut-bombs (even if both of those things were lies) - both of which were very directly and very forcibly introduced early on in the plot. This is less of a factor in VLR where the big threat as imposed by Zero is being trapped in the facility - the threat of death comes from the other players.

It's also partially down to the reduced gore factor which came at the request of the publishers - you'll note that even in the Darkest Timeline where everyone except Sigma, Phi and possibly maybe Quark is dead the scenery is miles cleaner than in 999 and Sigma's internal monologue is more about shock and adrenaline than how everyone looks like lasagne and vividly describing the smell.

In the middle of the *blank*, like an island of *blank*,
were *blank*.
They were a *blank* tangle of *blank* and *blank*,
with too much *blank* and chaos for me to tell *blank* was
*blank*.
Had they *blank*? Or *blank*? I couldn't tell. All the *blank*...too much *blank*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

alcharagia posted:

You're literally going to code Zero III, aren't you.

That's ridiculous - next you'll say he's posting from the moon or something like that.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
It's simple - just sing this at the other players, and they'll be too busy jamming out to vote, so will default to "Ally". Then, just hit "Betray".

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Just remember the hundred motorcycles, Fedule. We all want you to go northeast, but if you go northwest, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

lotus circle posted:

I'm glad we all agree that Luna is a good girl and that you are all careless monsters for picking betray.

Quit giving me that look, Luna - I already told you that my finger slipped! It must have been because of the...milk.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Wake up, escape the elevator, ambush Dio and incapacitate him, show the bombs and detonator to everyone else, agree to Ally the whole way through, done.

If only it was possible to remember this plan...

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I wonder what everyone’s reaction to Sigma’s white blood will be now.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Donno. Sigma likely jumped timelines involuntarily due to the shock.

...although come to think of it, choosing the “Betray” timeline right on the heels of this does seem like the actions of someone in severe denial.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Zero stole Sigma's face and replaced it with a flat screen monitor open to this LP.

Well, it explains why people have been calling him old. :rimshot:

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I cannot remember how they're going to deal with everyone having Radical-6 when they gave the only two vials of medicine to Quark and Alice.

I guess the only possible solution would be...

...seriously, dawg?

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 27, 2018

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm not sure what it says about me that in this game of extremely specific brain time virii, moon bases, time travel, and Clover's outfit that the pseudoscience thing that bothers me most is the "antimatter reactors". That's a complete violation of the laws of thermodynamics no matter how you try to spin it!

My personal headcanon is that they’re actually Mako reactors, and AVALANCHE is just operating under a different name and an even more extreme ideology.

...ok, not really. But it explains so much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
If you’re a proponent of multiverse theory, you could argue that the statistical likelihood of such a series of events occurring is 100% in some reality; if that is true, then you don’t necessarily need to follow the exact same series of events like a diagram, as long as you know what the start and end parameters need to be.

• Locked thread