Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Am I the only one who prefers the Japanese voice for Zero III for his "NONAAAAAARY GAME" line? The English voice for him is still fantastic, don't get me wrong, it's just that one line sounds better in Japanese to me.

klapman posted:

gently caress yes. This game is absolutely excellent, and i'm looking forward to reading the reactions. I actually ended up reading this before I read 999, and honestly it's not a huge deal. 999 was still really entertaining even though I knew the twist, although some of the backstory stuff from 999 does make reading this a lot more fun. Looking forward to getting to re-experience this, you guys are in for a treat.

Same here, the reactions are going to be a blast, although it will be the first time I hear it in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Having gone out of my way to clear every puzzle room on Hard, I've never seen any of the easy mode dialogue, so part of this'll be new to me too! :eng101:

Same here, anyway, was that baby conversation only on Easy, because I've never seen that before either.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Color Printer posted:

Of course, you should also probably play through all of it ASAP since this game will probably spoil most of the first one, and also allow a much better experience if you've played the first one, like a certain other Japanese visual novel about trapped characters. So...pace yourself, I guess is what I'm saying here.

We know that, we were told in the OP to have either played or read the LP of 999 first. Did you even read it?

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Clover's model bugs me, but not for the "caveman Barbie" reasons (though is that ball on her head SUPPOSED to look like a skull or am I just morbid).

I think the balls on her head are supposed to be eggs, I could be wrong.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yea, I have a question. What does the rabbit mean by "primary doors", and where are they?

Was Clover abducted on her way to a costume party where she was dressed up as Pebbles Flintstone?

Who knows about Clover, she might just be weird like that.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 27, 2013

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Go through magenta with Luna.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

TaxEvader posted:

Also, am I wrong in thinking that Sigma's bracelet is different to everyone else's? It seems to have two white buttons extra, one at the top and one at the bottom. Wondering if this has been mentioned in the game already and I have missed it? The buttons don't seem to be there on Zero III's illustration of the murder system.

You're right, Sigma's bracelet is different. I can't believe I've never noticed that before. I'm pretty sure that this oddity was never mentioned by anyone.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

I look forward to seeing this.

Same here, this will make their reactions all the more amusing to watch.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

So what's Gaulem, precious?

Just wait, it'll be explained.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

I don't remember having too much trouble with this room, but there was one observable thing that I kept clicking because it seemed like Sigma just wouldn't shut up about it, and that was wonderful.

Ah yes, that thing. I wonder if Fedule will show off all the dialogue for that.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

I think the problem Wolpertinger was pointing to was the fact that the doors only unlock if a puzzle's solved, so even if the bracelets come off, they're still stuck between the doors.

I fail to see how this would be the case, three people aren't necessary to solve the puzzles. Unless I misinterpreted what you're saying.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Speedball posted:

Okay, the power armor is understandable (well, maybe not, but...) but why is K wearing clothes over his power suit?

I don't think that ever gets explained. Then again, I haven't played this in a long time, so I may be mistaken.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Because he feels comfortable in the robot suit, but not that comfortable.

It's like Alphonse Elric's loincloth in Fullmetal Alchemist. You have to preserve some of your modesty, even if it's covered.

I think that was part of the armour actually, and not something he did himself.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Penakoto posted:

Dio calls an astronomy magazine 'dirty', but doesn't follow up with a joke about Uranus?

A gentleman would never stoop so low, you see.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Hey guys, do you remember when Quark went missing? Hehehehehehe! :unsmigghh:

But seriously, this freaked me out the first time I saw it. And this was my first route as well.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Speedball posted:

Ahh, what the hell. Who here's for giving Tenmyouji a second chance?

I am. Also Dio does make a valid point, the machine could be rigged by Zero Jr to give that result.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Fedule posted:

Yeah. When I move one row, another row moves wiht it. It's driving me nuts.

There's a typo here Fedule, you mispelt "with".

Anyway, that water redirection puzzle was stupid with how simple it was. Also, I wonder who writes these files? Some of them are just plain silly.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Spatula City posted:

Why the hell are people picking Ally? That's clearly a quick death path. I'd rather keep going on any path that goes forward, rather than ends in death. I also want to see what happens if we call Dio's bluff. There is literally no reason to vote Ally beyond naive hope. If we don't enable Dio's escape, he's still stuck with us, and he can't well destroy his only leverage. Do you want to see a Game Over scene that badly?

Yes, yes we do want to see a Game Over scene that badly.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Time to get our reward.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 31, 2013

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Quark was the one who voted betray.

Somehow.

There's a mini-Quark under Dio's hat, and that's how Quark pulled it off.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Extra Koos posted:

Has the playthrough reached the place yet. If so, please tell me the page where it happened. Also, the other place.

First off, try not to double post in the future, the edit button is there for a reason. Secondly, no to both the spoilers.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 3, 2013

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Spatula City posted:

Of course we must go back and betray Alice. So that the game can promptly reveal that if you betray her, she didn't vote, it auto-allied, and you killed her. :smith:

She wouldn't die, she has 6 points before she betrayed the second time.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Kgummy posted:

Luna's dead as well. Share the fate of person who you're paired with and all that.

Uh, no that's not what that means.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

That said, a lot of people in this thread are getting really overly mad at a video game character and it's kind of funny.

Yeah, it is, and yet it's also getting kind of annoying.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Funny story: I was a counseller at a summer camp with my friend, and when we were in charge of the big camp games, we ran something that was effectively a cheap version of the prisoners dillema for candy. It was... pretty interesting.

Can you tell us more?

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

basically instead of dying, the kids just got candy if their group allied, and one kid got extra candy if he alone betrayed them. It was pretty entertaining, but we got in trouble because kids pretty quickly got upset and started hitting eachother over it.

How many of them started fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Color Printer posted:

I hate this room. I hate this room. I hate this room.

The puzzles are too complicated and it's not fun. I hate this room.

I hate this room too, but at least it isn't that room.

• Locked thread