Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

a spooky ghost posted:

Do you have a projected estimate of how long you expect this LP to run? Six months? A year?

This game is a veritable behemoth of content. My clear file has nearly 37 hours on it, and I never got stuck on a puzzle for too long at all.

drat, I don't know much about these games or games like it but at face value it seems like it'd have maybe 5-10 hours content tops mostly because the format would begin to feel a little tedious or repetitive for me. That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying the LP so far and that Easy Mode dialog is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

whitehelm posted:

Did you play or read the LP of 999 like the OP warns? The length of this game really shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

I have neither played the game nor read the previous LP. I probably should but I'm not too heavily vested in the game or series. I might go through it in the time between updates here.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I appreciate the suggestions to read the previous LP. I almost feel like I'm being rude by not going back now. I'll probably go back and read it but I was rather enjoying watching this thread and it's discussions develop.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Well I don't doubt for a second that Fedule's Dragonatrix's 999 thread isn't great but reading on this screen for extended periods really hurts my eyes something terrible so I might watch SGF's stream VODs so I can quickly catch up and continue to take part in this thread. I probably will at some point go over the previous LP and catch some of Fedule's Dragonatrix's great quip, though.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 25, 2013

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Excuse my ignorance, then. Like I said I don't know the first thing about these games or really any LP relating to them, I was just enjoying this thread for what it is. I probably should just read the other LP instead of continuing to make a fool of my self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Waffleman_ posted:

This is what happens when you don't read the OP.

I read it before anything else in the thread, actually. I just didn't heed the warning at the top. I first saw this in the Sandcastle and after reading it I wanted to see more so I just stuck with this thread. It wasn't immediately pertinent to me to have seen the previous game as I was just curious about what else happened in VLR from where Fedule left off in the Sandcastle.

• Locked thread