Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I voted ally and I could not be more pleased with the result. Sigma dies and Alice escapes, all because we didn't want to disappoint Luna or betray someone who was unconscious on a hospital bed. And now it's pretty much guaranteed that the collective goon consciousness will never trust Alice ever again and will always vote to screw her over at every conceivable opportunity. No matter what path we're on or what choices are made. It's going to be amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't understand why everyone is mad at Alice. Since she and everyone else voted betray, it means we were the only ones who voted ally. And therefore we have the moral high ground. :smuggo:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we chose ally, not because we trusted Alice but because we thought she was unconscious and thus would not be able to pick betray. We never actually trusted her to pick ally herself. If we had any reason to believe that Alice was going to vote, rest assured that choosing betray would have been far more popular.

And with the revelation that Alice falling unconscious was genuine and not an act to convince Sigma to ally, it makes her decision to betray a somewhat less dickish and manipulative thing to do. Not entirely though mind you, because Sigma did save her life and if he chose ally he would have died (as we saw). But still, the simple fact that Alice did not manipulate Sigma into picking ally means that I consider her less of a douche than Dio. Only a little less though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Voting Ally is the correct choice because it has the highest potential for maximum drama. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

legoman727 posted:

I am so loving confused right now.

Watch, if we betray Phi, she'll have allied and we'll get a bad end when she murders us because we're trying to escape.

I'm pretty sure that's what this update implied. Minus the murder that is. Didn't she basically just outright say that in an alternate timeline or some such we betrayed her and so she's just betraying us right back? I like it because that's pretty much exactly what the goon hive-mind decided upon after getting betrayed by Alice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I should be more upset at this but I like the fact that Phi's reasons for betraying us before are the same reasons we're betraying her now. Namely "I trusted you and then you betrayed me. So i'm gonna go back in time and instead betray you. Because gently caress YOU!!! :argh:"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

One does have to wonder, though, how she knew that she'd end up in a timeline where he'd choose ally.

It'd be pretty awkward if she went back and chose betray at the same time he chose betray, putting her plan for revenge on ice.

I don't think she did. Stopping Sigma from getting 9 points was probably good enough. It just didn't end up working out that way because of time-travel shenanigans. The only reason she betrayed us, is because we betrayed her. And the only reason we betrayed her is because she betrayed us. So therefore, when she chooses betray Sigma must choose ally and when Sigma chooses betray Phi must choose ally, because otherwise the cycle would be broken and then we'd enter a time paradox or some poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clover's ineptness at lying about her job has become almost endearing at this point. :allears:

Although, that may just be because her inability to even contemplate whether she should not give out secret confidential information is leading to fairly important exposition.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

On one hand we'd have to be idiot's to not pick Betray (Clover's totally going to pick betray) but on the other I get the feeling that picking Ally will be more interesting. If only to see whether Phi will do anything to stop Dio. After all she seems set on escaping with Sigma for some reason.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Watching Dio's stupid smug face as he leaves us to die would suck, so sorry Clover, you're collateral damage.

Unfortunately, there's no way we're escaping this game because there is no chance that Clover is going to pick Ally. We're doomed either way but if we betray Clover she may try to kill us so I say we vote Ally, because then she might kill Dio or something. :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huh. Clover actually picked Ally. That was unexpected. But there's still no way we're going to be getting out of that door. Clover will either stop us or Dio will sneak out in some confusion and the door will shut behind him.

Hopefully Phi will actually explain some poo poo to us though, and I wonder if this decision will be used to earn Phi's trust in another timeline. It's totally going to be used to keep Clover from trusting us ever again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

They picked exactly the wrong character to try and guilt trip us. See ya, Clover!

To be fair I don't think Clover has done all that much wrong this game. Other than just being generally incompetent at her job, I guess. And we just threw her to the dogs right after her best friend died and after we suggested to ally. I guess it just prove's that the title of this game is correct. :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait, we're actually on the loving moon. Okay... I suppose.

Also, Dio is clearly fall of poo poo. Or possibly delusional.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

theshim posted:

So, is Dio

- a psychotic ringmaster?
- the leader of the Myrmidons?
- a hero sent from far away?
- an alien?
- a giant bag of dicks?

Who knows?!

I'm going with delusional insane man, possibly being manipulated by someone into thinking he's actually a hero.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You're all gonna feel stupid when it turns out we're on Pluto.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

alcharagia posted:

It's Dio's ego.

Not large enough.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huh, I assumed Dio was just some huge rear end in a top hat but it turns out he was actually the guy who set the bombs. Or one of them I suppose, he doesn't seem to be Zero and I doubt Zero would just let him do that.

Also, why aren't more people voting to hang with Tenmyouji. He punched Dio that one time, he's cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

xeose4 posted:

It's also interesting to note that, unlike Alice back in her path, Clover did not suffer from Schrodinger's Vote in this branching path.

That's actually kinda interesting, I mean a vote hasn't changed every time we've split paths but still. Alice and Phi are the only characters who've done that though, right? For Phi it made sense since she can dimension-hop, so i'm wondering if maybe Alice can too and like Sigma she just can't remember doing it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But I don't want to betray Ten because he punched Dio that one time. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've probably just forgotten since it's been a while but do we have any idea why Ten trusts Clover? I think he also allied with her in a previous update despite betraying pretty much everyone who is not Quark and Clover was just as surprised.

It all seems pretty suspicious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Knowing this game Quark is going to somehow betray us and if he doesn't, us being tremendous assholes may anger Ten and get him to blurt out why he trusts Clover. So it's probably the best option especially since we might escape from it.

But we'd have to betray Ten's trust and take advantage of a sick kid to do it and that would be really mean. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Voting Ally because Ten is a cool dude and punched Dio that one time, so I don't want to betray him. Also, voting betray inevitably means we'll win but be stopped from escaping or something because everyone hates us, but voting ally makes it more likely for a sudden twist to occur and Quark to somehow betray us while unconscious and near dead. So that'll be fun.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everything turned out okay? Nobody died? The only thing that went wrong is that Dio was an rear end in a top hat?

This is pretty much best any vote could possibly go. And we weren't screwed over for being nice. I am so confused, this goes against everything the game has done up to this point. :psyduck:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mycelia posted:

Not to mention if Dio had allied anyway, K would have been at 9, right? Dio was never going to let that happen, and I'm sure Alice and K knew that.

But hey, look at us, one round of allying away from getting out of here! :toot:

Nah. K'd only be at 8. Dio's just a huge jerk.

Edit: Actually. No you're right. Since there's no way Alice wouldn't choose to betray in her situation.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This information about Neostigmine should remove the plot-lock on the path where Dio betrays and makes Sigma hit zero right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Could someone else have gone through that door? It's worth a shot to try I think because this info just seems too perfect a solution to that lock.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

legoman727 posted:

And this is why you take the win.

(Prediction: Alice was stupid enough to ally in this path, dies, Clover goes nuts and axes everyone.)

Clover hasn't even murdered anyone this entire game yet, even after that one time we brutally betrayed her after Alice had died or whatever and she had no-one else she could trust. She just doesn't seem to be the murdering type this game, kind of an rear end and incompetent in regards to her profession, but not a murderer.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We just betrayed an unconscious child. I hope you are proud of yourselves. :mad:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

xeose4 posted:

Considering that child is the clone of a terrorist leading some sort of world-cleansing, I don't feel too guilty about it.

No he's not. He's just a kid who seems to be way more susceptible to Radical-6 than everybody else.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

So, taking bets... Gaulem that can't leave the facility, brainwashed clone, knowledge that we're stuck on the moon, just received something psychically, or just boring old emotional?

Come on man, it's clearly the last one. Not everything is going to be an out of left field plot twist. She just had that big story monologue about how she is not very good at her job and that Alice is her role model so her freaking out about being ordered to get out and save the day by herself is expected.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

legoman727 posted:

Ahahahahaha, they'll loving trust K and someone as hysterically incompetent as Clover, but Sigma? No, he'll never come back for us. They're listening to DIO.

To be fair Sigma is practically bragging about betraying the unconscious near-dead child.

And the only one who seems to trust Clover is Alice, not even Clover trusts Clover. She just got pushed through the door.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aren't the only people who have really been manipulative and complete douche's been Alice and Dio?

Like, K will betray if he thinks it'll work and if it doesn't outright harm the person he's betraying, Phi is pretty much the same, so is Clover except she's a bit more obnoxious about it and kind of votes depending on if she likes the person she's voting against, Ten will vote for whatever option makes Quark better off, and Quark usually gets knocked out before he gets a chance to vote but he seemed like he mostly wants to Ally with everyone as well.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RelentlessImp posted:

Goddamnit, Clover.

Clover may be an idiot but she hasn't even killed anyone this game. (At least from what I remember)

I'm almost thinking this has to be Dio's fault just on principle, because pretty much every thing that's gone wrong in this game has been on him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RelentlessImp posted:

Never forget...

Yeah, but that didn't even happen canonically.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It is utterly impossible to trust Ten when he's in a position where he can save Quark. I really doubt he's not going to at least send Quark through the doors the instant he reaches 9. Still voting ally though, betraying a kid is a little messed up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

To be fair in this situation someone's probably getting to 9 no matter what we pick. So even if Ten doesn't break his promise this path is coming to a close. There is pretty much no way we're coming out of this decision with a victory.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zyla posted:

amazing all the people that vote to be good people when the game's name is literally "good people die"

We can time travel though so we won't die even if we are good people.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zyla posted:

no, we just have hundreds of doomed alternate universe us'es :(

THINK OF THE OTHER SIGMAS

There are also hundreds of doomed alternate universe everyone else's so it really just balances it out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well that betrayal was surprisingly cordial all things considered. Clover and Ten explain why they betrayed and why they're leaving with at least decent reasoning, didn't kill anyone, and do seem to be concerned about those they're leaving behind. And Quark spends the whole time apologising and ends with a pretty sweet story about him and Ten. Honestly, i'm not too mad at anyone right now, but perhaps that's just because this is pretty much exactly what I expected to happen.

Also, maybe i'm forgetting something about what was revealed in an earlier path but it is super loving weird that in Quark's town the movie cinema is on a travelling wagon that comes once a week, that there's only one kid in the whole town that has a mother and that a Root Beer Float is the most absolutely amazing thing ever. It's really strange. Quark hasn't been in too many paths but do we know if he's said anything more about this stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad Ten still betrayed because it would have been completely out of character for him not too, even with alternate dimension shenanigans. Still not really mad at him though, he just picked the option most beneficial for his grandson.

RelentlessImp posted:

Tenmyouji so very needs another loving betrayal after pulling that poo poo. Him and Quark can rot in this place. And Quark's poo poo is just annoying. "I know grandpa is condemning you all to a slow death, but he's a good guy, really!" gently caress off! If you assholes had just agreed to all Ally we'd be out of here already! Die in a fire, Quark! Get hosed, Tenmyouji! "Good People Die"? How about "Irredeemable Assholes Die"? "I want to be a good person"? Like hell! You all want to be backstabbing chickenshits! Beat Dio into a mass of twitching flesh barely covering nerve endings! Stomp Clover's ribcage into her heart, if it even loving exists! Butcher Tenmyouji for food! Take Quark's hat away and claim his powers for your own! Sigma, wake the gently caress up and realize the power you wield and use it to make these people's lives as miserable as they've made yours! ALL OF THEM DESERVE DEATH! REAP THE CRIMSON HARVEST!

tl;dr: I did not care for this at all.

Why are you so mad at this path in particular? Honestly this felt like one of the most cordial decisions yet. At the very least I feel like everyone's choice was fairly logical considering their motivations and such.

• Locked thread