Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.
The bigger problem I had noticed before (but is resolved now) is that the sim wasn't 64-bit, so it didn't use all the RAM available on the machine. Performance went way up since I got the 64-bit installer and run it natively now. YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.
Is there a multiplayer night for x-plane folks on any regular basis? If so, when?

Dalrain
Nov 13, 2008

Experience joy,
Experience waffle,
Today.
I can't speak personally on better or not, but I have a 5 with the pro clip, and I'm happy with it. It looks like the 5 is much higher resolution, they do have a comparison table here that says exactly what the differences are: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/trackir-product-comparison.html