Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

What title is that? One of the "wings over ____" series? I loved Wings over Europe, but that was a few years ago.

Have an old-rear end video of me landing an F4 phantom with a section of wing absent. I have no idea how this didn't explode on contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8j_pGfRjjI

Also, it got alot of negative votes because people thought they were going to see a real F4 land without a wing.

Jesus christ people get mad at stupid poo poo. Why did I read those comments :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see that happen with a well established company. I really wish there was a good replacement for FSX. X-plane is good, but it's just not the same to me at least.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That's really the only reason I prefer FSX over X-Plane, because of third party support. Maybe more companies will switch over to X-Plane but I really doubt it :sigh:.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If it wasn't Oleg game, the idea of having a spiral-bound manual is :krad:.
I still have my old manual and stuff for EF2000 for Win95, and I still love reading it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Fuuuuuuck I should have bought it earlier. Oh well :(

Edit: Just read a steam discussion where Wags said he's contacting Valve about it, guess it shouldn't have been changed to only 10% off.

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 10, 2013

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Huey is back to 80% off!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine - 'Krokodil'

"Since the home-made mix is routinely injected immediately with little or no further purification, "krokodil" has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users."

I had a reply typed out talking about Krokodil, but then remembering how awful the pictures are of people's flesh literally falling off and bare bone exposed....Saw a video of a guy where all of the muscle on his calf had fallen off and the foot was dead. They took a little band saw and just cut his leg bone near the knee and the foot fell into a trash can. :barf:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I guess I should have crossposted that, because I mentioned it in the IL-2 thread.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's showing $19.99 for me.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Even in my shopping cart it's showing the correct price. Maybe delete your cookies for the site or something, I don't know.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It's almost like the second America episode of top gear where they had to say they were only filming for educational purposes and weren't allowed to have fun whatsoever.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots Real World Training is the book that actually got me into civ flight simming. I'm no expert, but I'd say it does a fairly good job of teaching you the stuff you need to know in an easy to understand way, and the lessons are pretty straight forward.

Edit: haha typo, I'm no expert.

:negative:

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 27, 2013

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Other than the Flaming Cliffs 3 key that is. Ubisoft fuckery and all that.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Did KSP get 6DOF support with the .23 update? Never saw anything about it mentioned anywhere. Then again I mostly skim the KSP thread here.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Same here, got it off amazon for the same when I started sperging about planes/sims.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If I recall correctly the bis is just that specific variant of the MiG-21, and I think it's the most up to date variant.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I never really played much of it other than loving around on one or two missions, but Wings of Prey was always pretty fun to me. I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it before. I don't know what level of realism it is but it seemed on par with il-2 and is made by Gaijin, same guys who made war thunder and is essentially their precursor to it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Welp, didn't know that. I've just had it on steam since forever ago. :shrug:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Mud Hens and multi seat planes drat it :argh:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
AVSIM is the source, but their site is hosed right now or something.

http://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/27n53f/avsim_microsoft_sells_license_to_fs_franchise/?sort=confidence

e: beaten

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Why aren't there any modern combat flight sims with nukes anyway?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Flight Sim Megathread: No Fun Allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed