Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Thrustmaster is about to release some "cheap" rudder pedals that I'm pretty excited about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

COOL CORN posted:

I really want the A2A C172 Trainer... the super-involved pre-flight checklist gets me all hot and bothered.

This is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvdZ-aVwlZ0

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

COOL CORN posted:

I've done that :unsmith:

The A2A 172 is brilliant. I've still got plenty of flying to do in that.

Does this ever go on sale? $50 for one plane, man ...

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Daimo posted:

Sounds fun, post a how to because I hate my Saitek panels.

What's so bad about them? They look really nice.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Dovetail games needs a mission designer:

http://www.dovetailgames.com/vacancies/2016/jun/30/mission-designer

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Does anyone use VORs and such anymore, or is everything just 100% GPS these days?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
You folks know any good aviation podcasts? Pilot stuff, student pilot stuff, general aviation stuff, whatever.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

hogmartin posted:

You might want to ask over here too:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3276654

I'd be surprised if Sporty's hasn't got something going, might be a video series and not a pure audio podcast though.

Thanks, I'm trying really hard but I haven't caught up to that thread yet.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

e.pilot posted:

I decided to get mine because "that would be a fun thing to do" now 4 years later and here I am sitting in my first airline ground school after quitting my job, finishing up a degree in aviation, being a CFI for a year, lol.

e:

Depends how quickly you learn, how dedicated to studying you are, and how often you can fly, but anywhere from 8-15k seems to be the average.

Is 40 years old too late to do this?

:/

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
These dudes and these dudes do good things.

Also our own Kilonum ^^^ has good streams, too.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Colonial Air Force posted:

You don't want to use a default Cessna anyway.

What? Why?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Carth Dookie posted:

That means I'm about ready to start doing some "serious" simming and begin my caravan world tour. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

Are you going to stream?

Please stream.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

tater_salad posted:

edit: Play music.

There's a catch with playing music - Twitch has to mute the audio in the saved videos (all of it, not just the music) if it's copyrighted. It's not an issue for streaming, but it is for the saved files.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I've got FSX:Steam but haven't spent anything on addons yet. My framerate isn't great even though my computer is really good, and the sim is just all around ... old.

Should I stick with FSX and build my library (orbx, activesky, planes, etc.) or switch over to P3D? X-Plane looks nice but it seems like it's in it's own little quirky world especially as far as addons are concerned.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm glad you like them. I do worry that I'm spamming this thread a bit, but on the other hand :justpost: and let the block list sort em out.

Please keep posting these.

One of these days I'm going to get that comanche, but I'll be out of town all this week and I'll be playing the crap out of My Summer Car when I get back.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Streamer chat: https://www.twitch.tv/theskylounge is excellent.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Are you streaming/recording any of this?

Would watch.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

lobsterminator posted:

- They had their first night flying lesson and one pilot had forgotten to unlock his artificial horizon and outside was pitch black so you couldn't see anything. He thought he was flying level but was in fact heading for a stall and crashing to his death.

Why would one need to lock an artificial horizon?

e: VVV thanks!

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 22, 2018

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
All these old game posts and not a single mention of KoTS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqRupI48myY

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a bad idea to get it from steam instead of directly from the X-Plane folks? Is the steam version crippled in any way?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Videos!

It's okay for me to keep popping in and do these FSXX drivebys, right? Y'all don't mind? I'm not a big flight simmer up to now but I'm very into the tech of FSXX and totally gonna start when it comes out.

Yes!

As a lurker I'd like to invite everyone to post more of this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I used to play Test Drive with this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!