Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I have maybe an odd request but not sure where else to ask.

I bought a Thrustmaster Hotas X for Elite Dangerous and my son who is four just loves using it to fly the spaceships around.

But he's really obsessed with airplanes, are there any casual flight games that would use that Hotas that he could just casually fly around in if I get him setup? I've been out of the loop since Janes USAF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Gonna try a couple of these! And yeah it sucks MS Flight never caught on. I enjoyed the beta of that.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I have a Ryzen 3600 and a 2080ti and am averaging 45-55 FPS on a 3440x1440 monitor currently most settings on high or ultra.

I’m a bit worried about load times. I have it installed on an NVME and loads are 60-90 seconds even just returning to the main menu.

Also if you try to buzz a smaller town like say the town you grew up in. Don’t expect it to look great. In fact be prepared for it to look pretty meh.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
And then we finally get Janes World at War!

I remember that issue of PC Gamer so clearly.

https://archive.org/details/PCGamer199904/mode/1up

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
I know COVID is greatly impacting supply chains (I work in grocery retail) but I’d also be curious how much of it is, oh poo poo an actual massive new game, backed by a major company, in the genre is coming out for the first time in ages and companies weren’t ready for the additional sales.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006

V for Vegans posted:

In the second training mission, the instructor tells you to set you plane to a certain RPM, but I could not for the life of me find an RPM meter in the plane, so I had to switch to the external view which has the RPMs. Am I just blind or do they want you to find RPMs by feel? It’s whatever default plane the tutorial is in.

I had the same issue! Would love an answer. I just had to keep guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Is there a PDF of keyboard controls yet for a 2nd monitor or has anyone started doing like Elite Dangerous and posting PDF's for the most common Joysticks?