Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hey, a lot of people have been asking about Mags on the irc so I'm dropping a link from PSO-World that has a guide for them here.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Anatharon posted:

How do worlds/dungeons/levels/whatever work? PSO 1 style or is it more seemless?

Each map is randomly generated occassionally being swapped out by another generated map after a certain amount of time.
There are 3 sections in each generated map. All of them connected, none are disconnect whatsoever.

Only in certain quests will maps be preset. They are namely time attack, story, and emergency quests.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Oh god I want that shirt.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

heenato posted:

You're not kidding. It took me nearly a day to download and patch it....

and then had to completely uninstall and repatch, because I'm bad at patch orders, and installed the translation BEFORE patching. Of course then it took almost another day to actually play the game, since my email address wouldn't actually recieve the authorization code, so I had to switch it which meant bumbling around with the captcha for a few hours.

When I finally got in game, I had quite a bit of fun with just the tutorials, so I think it was worth it.

There is a file check button in the launcher that allows you to regain any of the original files so you don't have to fully reinstall the game.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Aenslaed posted:

The pre-paid code has its own balance. You can use the code as many times as you want till it's balance hits zero. You do not need to make a webmoney account.

It's probably a good idea to have a webmoney account/wallet anyway, as any problems in obtaining AC means you're not getting any back unless you can claim it. Had a friend who lost money because of the AC problem that happened a month or two back.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Maybe you guys should spit at each other anywhere than inside the thread, hmm?

In any case, do we have anymore information on Braver skills? I know that Weak Hit Stance is one of them (or at least I heard it is) and was wondering what the other ones would be.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

As Protocol 5 said, Weak Bullet is limited to only the weapon you have equipped. You can tool around with multiple PAs and maintain your WB stock as long as it's on the same weapon. If you're honestly going to be running around with Killing Bonus (which is trash because it's limited to melee range, most rangers shouldn't be in melee range), you'll be needing ways to group enemies up.

Alternative ways to do damage while you have WB stocks: use techs, traps, or tools.

If you want a good position in staying in the fight while having weak bullet active majority of the time- you should keep the skill at 3. Keeping it at 3 gives you two stocks, in which you are able to offload PAs into one then regain your pp via normal fire once you unload the second one.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Well you could always grab one level in WB then perma slot Zero Distance, Crazy Smash, and Rodeo Drive onto slot for melee launcher antics. What I described is mostly meant for bosses anyway.

Which I honestly use if I'm just dicking around as a RA/TE. gently caress Additional Bullet, I'm punching poo poo with missiles.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 3, 2013

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Somtimes, you do want to do matter board stuff due to the campaigns that surround it.

Currently there's a campaign for completing MB10 with milestones at 3 and 6. It'll probably be over when Episode 2 comes out since the matterboard is how you unlock the story.

For grinding, best way to do low level grinding right now is through Border Break with CO fodder inbetween or the Burning Rangers event EQ. For higher level stuff (45+), you'll want to grind via BB, AQs, Falz, or if you're bored enough XQs if you're 55+.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Miijhal posted:

Well that's rather depressing. Looking up boss fight videos with different classes, and when I looked up Techer, I got a video of a Techer fighting Fang Banther/Banshee except they spent the whole time using a Dual Saber with Deadly Archer.

You won't find any Techer videos because literally almost every Techer plays them as a FO. Which is poo poo because I find wands and their gear fantastic.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

^A person who has never taken a wand and used wand gear into battle.

Also, I keep on hearing that people say that Wands have a longer cast time than rods which is complete bullshit. They're pretty much the same and I want video proof that they're different.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Fun fact: If you're not subclassing FO and all of their tech damage modifiers, you can subclass FI and boost all of your attacks with stances. Alternatively you can use HU and tank through everything or (not really sure on this, still investigating) have your melee and gear be affected by Fury Stance.

Alter-alternatively, you can be wierd like me and subclass RA for WB and Killing Field/Bonus shenanigans.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 5, 2013

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

What do Wand Lovers and Reactor do? Because those sound right down my alley.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Protocol 5 posted:

Wand Lovers description says it maxes Wand Gear but reduces PP to zero. If it's a cooldown, it could be OK, provided the cooldown is short, if it's a passive, it would be pretty terrible.

Wand Reactor adds a percentage of a wand's T-ATK to your S-ATK. Presumably a 10 pointer, it would have decent synergy with Wand Gear, but it would depend on the percentage whether or not it would be worthwhile.

Wand Lovers definitely sounds like an active skill, since complete reduction of PP at any given time is stupid bad, even for Sega.

Wand Reactor however sounds like a great advantage and firmly defines Techer as a battlemage since Wand Gear based or influenced by S-ATK anyway.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I see it as more of a boss use thing. Get 1 point in it, burn your PP on tagging the bastard if necessary then use Wand Lover to max out your Gear if you're running low or didn't get any gear gain.

With Wand Reactor, you're not going to be using much of techs outside of utility anyway.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Emalde posted:

Anyone got a bunch of cool pics of Mecha-Dressup? I want to see if it's even possible for people to do anything vaguely neat or creative with male casts in this game, because I haven't really seen much. :colbert:

Sooner or later, people are going to be able to make GaoGaiGar.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Unless they changed how charging for Namegid works, pretty sure it's just a flat damage boost with a charge cap.
Also you forgot or never knew that ALL of the 6* PAs drop from rare bosses or mobs.

Speaking of the new techs. Which ones drop from which enemy?

Anything that isn't Room or Lobby Action is character bound.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Protocol 5 posted:

I gotta hand it to them, they did a great job with Braver. The core gameplay is really fun, with cool animations and PAs, and you can build one to combo with any other class and get good results.

I need to get a better bow so I can see how well Br/Ra works. Weak Stance plus maxed out WHA and SS should make for some impressive headshots. Kamikaze Arrow is also hands down the best new PA. All problems should be solved by ramming into them headfirst.

Br/Ra is pretty great from what I'm doing. Despite the fact that I'm doing low damage against normal mobs with katanas, I'm dealing shitload of damage against bosses with the bow, weak bullet, and weak stance. Only thing I don't like about the bow aspect of Braver is the delayed start of rapid fire.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Protocol 5 posted:

Hey, I did the original level 45 SP COs for Fighter back when you had to kill 7/7/5 literally the day before it got reduced to 3/3/1. Anyway, the easy way to do it if you have at least one class at high level is to get an appropriate all-class weapon then run BB for Quartz and Fang, and wait for the Big V EQ to get him. As long as you're in a full room you shouldn't have any trouble actually killing them, just wait til they're almost dead to swap over to the weapon you need.

Vardha isn't even that hard to murder. :V

It should be noted that you can use your normal weapon for combating the bosses for those COs, just that you need to deal/have the killing blow with whatever you need for the boss.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hey at least you get a chance to have an stupidly expensive weapon drop from him :V

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Do you even have the r-atk reqs to even equip said rifles?

Also, yes. To the rifle thing.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Eh, it's not that much of a gap as you just have to continue leveling both you and your mag.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I would say primarily weak stance and all of the skills relating to it save for weak hit critical.
You also would probably want the pre-reqs for maxing out rapid shot mastery since that's at least a 15% damage boost.

You will definitely want to grab RA as a subclass though if you're focusing on weak point hits and weak point hits alone.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Just grab a pair of boxing gloves.

Those are common and dececnt enough.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I would actually import one and raise it as a flaming flag if that was the case.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Sounds like you're just timing it wrong dude.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

That thing has a fun little potential of overpowering photon flare.

(About like 350 t-atk boost at rank 3 when active)

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Buying XQ Units are also overrated. They drop in the XQs themselves.

*Look like Starscream erryday

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Kairinko posted:

I've been playing for a while, but I just realized SA has a thread for the game, so that's exciting. I play on Ship 10 (2 was full when I registered) under the character names Bella Noce and M4K0.

Hey another Ship 10er, I'll look for you the next time on I'm on. Player name's Saetri.

quote:

Entire maps of satellite lizards, poison lilies, and chaos sorcerers. A dystopian future where you can't walk an inch without getting poisoned and harassed by invisible iguana.

I love how this is episode 4 in a nutshell.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 7, 2013

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

No love for bows.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

If they're adding in new skills or overhauling stuff when 65 cap and super hard hits, we'll get the point refund tickets. If they don't, we're SoL.

Also, I don't think having more points in the dodge move would help anyone if they screw up the timing on enemy attacks.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Oh pssh, that's nothing.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Would YOU use GRENADE shell?

Sides, people dying left in right during that video.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Chibs posted:

That bug should have been ironed out, unless it's not working again. I'm certain that there are other points where it fight wig out though. The grammar and spelling is also nonexistant towards the later boards, and the language is... eh.

I guess I don't know what the point of this post was. :geno:

This is the story patch, of course there will be bugs. There will always, be bugs.
Flat out just don't use the story patch unless you really want to go through the story.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

The Singing Chav posted:

Gettem wants to punch things, Afin says aibou an awful lot, Lisa wants to shoot everything including you, and Matoi is... hanging out by the nurse station. THE END.

What the gently caress is Matoi's point anyway? Why is she even here? Even the most generic of retarded anime stories have points for useless characters.

To be honest, all I really want to know is when are we getting our Olga Flow fight remake.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

Since Sega did the same lazy rebalance thing for unpopular PAs with level 16 disc that they did with level 11 ones, the english patch guy datamined everything so you can see who won big.

http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/docs/pso2_2013_10_09_pa_stats.txt
Open this to get the PA/tech names that correlate to the charts

Raging Waltz only costs 20 pp now, a bunch of rifle and launcher things have get good numbers, and maybe that pretty meaty buff to Illusion Rave means Deadly Archer will have some compfft.

Maybe Rangers will finally get some lo-pfft aahahaha, nope.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

If they are doing it in whatever weird way they're doing poo poo, I hope so. Gunners are way too drat overpowered at the current and need a nerf.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Protocol 5 posted:

platypus Rappy.

Is that a sand rappy I hear?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Time Attack Client Orders (TACOS)

You get access to them at level 20 and more COs pop up as you level and gain access to free exploration areas, at level 40 you'll be able to access the currently highest difficulty (VH) tacos which give 100k a pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Someone told me before that with the 16 discs, RAs has become a close ranged class while GUs are now a long range despite ZRA.

• Locked thread