Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Handgun Harlot posted:

Kink in the Wind was the weak point of the PSO OST, maybe, but I haven't heard a single thing from PSO2 that comes close to Empty Space Out of Control, Revolution to the Origin, Abysmal Ball, or Underworld Chaos. I'm leaving Tricktrack out because it's actually from Phantasy Star 2, and because it's not fair to compare anything to it.

Dang I love Tricktrack. Those are all good even although I'd put the Crater's battle music above Empty Space Out of Control for my top 5.

I'm going to disagree that there's nothing comparable to PSO's best though, Dark Ragne, Big Varder, Quartz Dragon, and the Ruins battle music all stand out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Protocol 5 posted:

Today's news:
• Anyone who played with the back side of the bingo card unlocked since the emergency maintenance last Friday will get 50 A caps

Ahhhh aghhhh yes thank you this make everything fantastic.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You just plug the Japanese name into the first search bar, don't bother with any of the drop down menus.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Buy Gouboid parts.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A caring and compasionate god exists somewhere in the depths of space.

Satan is also out there though.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nabarta is an ice flamethrower and is also pretty poo poo.

I'm really getting into mechguns now since the roll bonus is so beefy and Heel Stab gives them the AOE I've always wanted since I used the katana's knockdown circle slash PA.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know about the Umblla Stick but they definitely buffed the Magical Wand, I remember the patch note.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you like numbers, it looks like the stat modifiers for deumans ended up being different than what was data mined at release or whenever:

H.P Satk Ratk Tatk Sdef Rdef Tdef Dex
96% 107% 104% 105% 100% 100% 100% 105% Male
95% 106% 105% 105% 100% 100% 100% 106% Female

So their HP is slightly better than their respective newman genders, both of them have better S-atk than male casts, female deumans are tied with female casts for best R-atk, they have the best T-atk behind newmans, and to compensate they don't get a 5% bonus to a single defensive stat which puts them at the same total as casts when you take their t-def penalty into account. That's kind of bonkers.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Seabed might be cool but a part of me knows it will never be as good as PSO with its dissonant nightmare soundtrack and also the big invisible robots that freeze you so that the li'l baby robot heads can OHKO with their buzzsaws.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You don't get the +45 to all attack stats that the 10* sets give you, though.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Elf Bowie used his goblin king magic to conjure them from his labyrinth into a reality where they were there all along.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Get Female [EX] Voice A03 it's the best.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sort of pissed because I got the first set of EX voices, left them in my inventory for like half a year because they were worth poo poo, ate all of them for storage space after support partners came out, then found out that the catgirl one is a million bucks and the others are trailing behind a little.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Azanami's client orders don't have required levels so you can slap him around on normal if you need to.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Also the only launchers, wired lances, and double sabers in the rare stone shop have 10*s as their base weapon, although I guess you could use the Falz stone launcher/dsaber and be weaker than the high-end 8-9* alternatives :yum:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Piss-yellow cape, go for it.

Edit: Changed my vote to blue.

fuepi fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 24, 2013

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I guess news travels fast since people are hiking the gently caress out of 10* weapon prices, which I checked because I immediately decided that this would be a great time to buy a Calux Gun since they are swanky, but as it turns out everybody else thought the exact same thing and the only one on the market is 15 million meseta.

To deal with this I decided to do something stupid with my +30% affix booster and managed to get Shoot III, Mizer Soul, and Panic II on my Surukurai. If that went poorly I would have probably stopped playing forever until the quarry came out.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That'll probably happen with the junk that could be burned for synthesis, but I think there is a new retarded market for those rarer weapons that are slightly stronger/look cooler than common trade-ins. Like the Calux Gun trade-in version is not a whole lot stronger than the other stone store mechguns and has no potential, but now that it can get 50 element easier and at the very least compete with them it's going to be hilariously expensive solely for aesthetic purposes.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar posted:

That new Lilipa field has some pretty great music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lLyaOj4lw

I'm assuming that's the Bird-Centaur's theme instead of field music.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
White Day is choking the poo poo out of the EQ schedule.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's the middle of boost week and now that I want to pal around and do AQs and XQs and all the other Qs, everybody disappears. What the gently caress.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Looking at the new scratches, they're putting in tickets that give you a set of an accessory in different colors.

Also there's a Lilipan voice for women :catstare:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a clone mechgun so that I'll be ready when they give it a stone upgrade and amazing new potential.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Over-end is dumb because like 50% of the damage is in the final hit and I assume every pubbie that uses it is a retarded animal that will ruin Falz should they get the chance.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I played tech classes exclusively for a year and the first thing I get to 60 is gunner.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo I just loaded up the game and and slammed down a cool million meseta for a Humpty mag, I didn't realize how hosed up that thing's face was jesus christ.

Also meet the 4th Naura sister.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Protocol 5 posted:

I'm still a bit concerned about the lack of any mention of new rare Braver PAs, lack of which is one of the biggest problems facing the class for high-end content.

I'm guessing they might be waiting for Seabed's two rare bosses and maybe another rare normal enemy if they don't count Barbalilipans, so that they can release all 3 of both braver weapon's discs between that and Quarry. All of the new PAs have been in pretty big patches.

Also looks like they sent out a +100% grind booster for what I assume is their continued apology for the wiping thing, wooo.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Freeze breaking if you take too much damage probably mean we will not be having a true Abyssal Ball in PSO2. Also this Seabed is ruins instead of a laboratory. I really hope the Black Photon Institute that is loving things up in the story ends up with a science-gone-wrong field at some point.

Does anybody have any advice for a Ra/Hu gunslash build? It's the only thing I can do with a pure ranged mag besides mechguns that wouldn't make me vomit blood. I mostly need to know what the Ranger skill tree would look like and if it's worth getting Step Attack as a shooty gunslash type.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've though about using Braver instead of Hunter mostly because of the extra perks in their Step tree but Fury Stance is too disgusting to ignore.

I really wanted to like bows but I can't stand using them because of a combination of expensive PAs, charging stopping PP recovery, crap PP recovery from normal attacks, and normal attacks being so inaccurate. Projectiles that you have to take gravity into account for should not have variance that is serious bullshit, loving up a headshot on a monkey from like 10 meters.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The game heard me badmouthing bullet bows and gave me all three of the new sub-10* ones from the Quarry.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
PAs are primarily Kanran-kikyou for mobs/CC and Sakura-endo for dps. Asagiri-rendan is good for closing distance and okay dps against aerial stuff since timing Sakura can be difficult for that.

For skills get Average Stance/Up, all the Katana Combat junk, and Katana Gear plus the step stuff up to Just Reversal if you subclass doesn't have it (which it optimally shouldn't since you should use Hunter with Fury everything maxed out). Doing this leaves you with 21 points, which you either use to max Weak Stance/Up if you want more situational damage, or you can get Braver Mag if you have dex on your mag and the gimmick stuff in your step tree plus maybe just maxed Weak Stance.

I don't think Average S Charge applies to your two good PAs yet but they say it will eventually so consider that.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If being a Gunner makes me a mongoloid that is killing fun for everybody else than gently caress the world.

That said, I finally caved and bought a second Hunter skill tree on my main for sword gear and just guard when my Rosso Ringer ground to +10 real smooth. If you're new to the game and thinking about getting into melee I highly recommend swords. They're tons of fun, are easy to use, and at least 5 of the PAs aren't crap and they all either come out real fast or can be guard canceled.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I did not have Ranger leveled past 10 until Arks Bingo made me do it, and I did not consider playing Gunner until I used all the forest stones from bingo to make a +10 Surukurai during boost week, aka the week before SRoll JA was put in :twisted:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nerdz posted:

It's ridiculous how a single unbalanced skill suddenly makes it one of the best classes/subclasses. Let's hope they do something about it when adding the new skills in october.

Yeah man let's nerf cool fun class Gunner back into the dirt so they stop subbing Hunter and go back to being additional WB dispensers for the real damage dealers *sets the PA autoword to a goku symbol art and then spams over end exclusively*

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

:smithicide:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mechgun Jesus is real and knows I am faithful and has taken pity on me for my mag disaster.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It'll have to be a pretty sexual gun because right now I'm shooting things with Obamacare.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bgm: I'll Face Myself -battle-

I wish I didn't play on toaster setting on occasion.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
PSO2 makes my display drivers crash sometimes but that's not new.

What happens with the exp being used for excubes when they raise the level cap, does it get absorbed into your normal exp pool or do you lose it? I haven't been at the cap since it was 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What you have to compete with for the Bal Rodos interrupt rankings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fImOcJFUiLI

• Locked thread