Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
You can screenshot and post in the IRC channel. The one I am never in anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

Come up with an appropriately goony name and I will make a team today when I get home from work (about 4 hrs from now)
Change the letters in this from Little Wing (Phantasy Star Portable 2) to

Little Wang :awesome:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Where's Andy? We came up with a bunch of awesome team names a while back (Red Ring Rico's Roughnecks was not one of them).

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Forming a team doesn't mean poo poo if you're not going to actually put in effort to collaborate together and level it up. Except for TEAM CHAT!!!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I hope 'Ultimate Natto' doesn't smell as bad as she looks.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Infinity Gaia posted:

I wish they'd bring back PSP1&2's racial super moves. It was hella neat how Humans and Newmans got summon beasts like normal, but Duman's got to TURN INTO giant monsters, and CASTs got summonable mega weaponry. As much as laser unicorn and fortress jellyfish are cool, being able to summon GIANT MECH FISTS was cooler.

Beasts were the ones that transformed (called Nanoblast). Dumans, introduced in PSPo2I, had super attacks that changed based on job and level.

CASTs had a ton of different SUV Weapons, but in practice only a few of them were very useful. Still, it's one more way to differentiate yourself from the crowd!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Chibs posted:

Time to turn BGM back on you assholes, motherfucking City Escape time.
Haha really? drat that kind of rules.

Someone let me know as soon as they implement CD items that change the music for everyone in your party to 'Dreams Dreams (Kids Ver.)'

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Prophets of Motav was an item in the original PSO as well, though I don't remember its effects.

In PSO it was a wand that cast lovely low-level Jellen/Zalure. It appeared in PSZero as Sarisa's signature weapon once you maxed your level. In PSPo2Infinity it's a wand with Ice boost by default. It's a book with the Seal of Algol on it, the one that sealed The Profound Darkness. The seal appears a lot in PSO, from the logo, when you summon Photon Blasts, and also what you fight Dark Falz on in the air. The three outer circles represent the three planets of Algol: Motavia, Dezolis, and Palma (Mota Dezo Parm, Muut Ditts Poumn). Palma was destroyed in PS2, leading to the weakening of the seal and the eventual release of the Darkness in PS4.

But I'm pretty sure it's just a wand now.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, for all the times Dark Force has been brought back, would it kill them to show us a little Profound Darkness?

Once every handful of games or so should be plenty. PS1,PSGaiden,2,3,4. PSO,PSU,PSZ,PSPo2,PSO2. You don't want to dilute the impact by having her show up every other game.

While we're on the subject of unearthing ancient plot devices, how about we retread some goddamn mechanics? Bring back team combination attacks! Certain Photon Arts and or Techs chain together to create area-of-effect offense.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

My initial reaction, having played so much PSOBB, is to report you to the GMs for hacking. :colbert:

NextTime000 posted:

It's always a great feeling to find a hyper-rare item for a class you actually use :unsmith:

I have a feeling that I am going to find Guld Milla or Flame Visit long before I find any of the others, much less an Elysion...:negative:
if there is any justice in the world, neither you nor anyone else will ever find/complete Guld Milla.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 14, 2013

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Guld Milla < Twin Bird < Mille Marteaux :tfrxmas:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

MR. J posted:

I never liked the Mille Marteaux or the Heaven Punisher.

I would probably have hated it if I never had one, too.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Talk about mud flaps, boy, she's got 'em.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Hahaha and it wouldn't be a PSO game without bath towels and sandals. :allears:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I hope they announce the release of the PSO2 OST soon so we can hear all of those tracks we forget as soon as they stop playing. Because they're bad. Unless some of the new areas introduced in the last year somehow have music as good as the previous Phantasy Star soundtracks (besides PSU).

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I'd put Falz Hunar above some of the original PSO's music.

Kink in the Wind was the weak point of the PSO OST, maybe, but I haven't heard a single thing from PSO2 that comes close to Empty Space Out of Control, Revolution to the Origin, Abysmal Ball, or Underworld Chaos. I'm leaving Tricktrack out because it's actually from Phantasy Star 2, and because it's not fair to compare anything to it.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I was looking for proof that PSU's OST was not complete poo poo, and I found a couple gems at the bottom of that wet garbage can. I also found this

http://www.pso2luna.com/hottest-phantasy-star-online-2-female-characters/

which is hilarious for the title alone. GONNA BUST A NUT OVER THESE SPACE ELVES!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Br/Va became one of the four main classes (alongside Hu/Ra/Fo) in PSP2/I. It would absolutely be a step in the right direction is Sega made it available straight out the door. The only thing better would be if this version of Braver could use Techs, too. And traps. Where are the traps, Sonic Team? :mad:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Traps, specifically the two EX Traps, were hilariously overpowered in PSP2. There was a skill called Burst Bomber that increased trap damage, and the EX Traps which dealt area damage over time also contributed to the combo count. You could kill some bosses in seconds with traps alone. This, combined with the unholy Evasion modifier that Vanguards enjoyed, made them hands-down the best class.

Trap damage got fixed in PSP2Infinity, and all classes got some fixes to make them all better. Evasion was lowered a bit too, so Vanguards could actually take damage sometimes instead of just ignoring everything from the front.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
In case anyone is wondering, 'repuka' is 'Replica'. You see it at the end of costumes based on character outfits from PSO or other collab.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Listen to this Phantasy Star related video for good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TllBhOLT3bc

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

kirbysuperstar posted:

Why would you do this to me.

It turns out that phantasy star fans can be almost as bad as megaten fans and pokemon fans.

Still not as bad Sonic fans, though.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Protocol 5 posted:

I play on ship 1, where like 99% of players speak Japanese, and you get a bunch of extremely creepy, irritating, or obnoxious autowords. The worst by far are the ones who do cut-ins for literally everything, so they're spamming you with the image window right in the middle of your field of view. There are also a lot of people with autowords in English that are either totally incomprehensible, or full of hilarious mispellings and mangled grammar. There are also plenty of totally cool people who will hang around after you finish a run to just bullshit about stuff, of course.

Photon no Jutsu!!!!!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Cheap Trick posted:

Holy poo poo

In PSP2 you could only set one autoword per instance, and the phrases people put for when they used Photon Arts.... that, and 80% of the rooms up were people looking for girlfriends/boyfriends.

e: in case andy or goggles speaks up, yes my autowords were also annoying, but at least they were not from anime. :colbert:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

kirbysuperstar posted:

Last I checked (about 5 weeks ago) there were only two rooms with "LOOKING FOR GF".

Dang, I didn't even know people were still clinging to PSP2. PSP2I's population dropped off severely less than a year after release, probably because of a monster hunter game or something.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Sonata Mused posted:

Is there a good IRC client to grab? All I've ever used are web clients.

I used xirc, it's functional.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Stelas posted:

I've been tiptoeing around trying this out for ages, but then I found my PSP in the last couple of days and blasted through some PSP2i and it's just brought the craving all back. I don't know anyone who particularly plays it though - when are goon groups usually active?

Are you talking about people who play PSO2, or PSP2I? I still play PSP2I, but I got banned from online. :sweatdrop:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Protocol 5 posted:

Sure, it really only goes with Ride Slasher

Umm Temjin Blue Slider, anyone? God dammit why hasn't Sega put any Virtual-On collab in PSO yet. What the hell is Border Break, anyway?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Cheap Trick posted:

It's an arcade mech shooter with controls like an FPS (movement stick on the left, mouse on the right). Border Break was fun enough for me to waste $20 of yen on, but the chances of the game making its way out of Japan are slim :smith:

I agree with the want for Virtual-on collaborations. Let me dress up my character like Fei-yen.

I do know what Border Break is, but I was implying that it's nothing next to Virtual-On. At the very least, give us an Apharmd the Hatter hat!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Geek U.S.A. posted:

:whatup:

where is this vid you fellas are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI0tNZCsrY8

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
One year later, this is pretty funny.

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Found the keys to my old account (Lv11 Hunter from over a year ago) and logged in, turned braver and did some client order that sent me from Lv2 to Lv9. Now to find some weapons I can use and remember how to play the game.

Where do I find you jerks?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

AndyAML posted:

If you're still using your character from Ship 9, none of the SA players are there anymore, barring myself. Everyone's moved to Ship 2 instead.

Braver seems pretty fun so far. Katana Gear is pretty great and will definitely be helpful against bosses, and it's much easier to get started off now that you're not sitting around doing emergency codes for 200 exp while waiting for the next client order to unlock.

I have two accounts, so I booted up my Ship 2 character. Block 20 was full though, so I just played with pubbies.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Um Katanas fairly rule. I'm not a fan of Bows just yet, though. My ship 9 char is much higher level so maybe it'll be better to start with Braver.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
My main complaint atm is that every single motherfucker is running Br/Hu, which means no one in parties is buffing or healing. On the other hand, iaido flashes everywhere and bosses die in seconds.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Braver compliments every class pretty well. I finally have all classes unlocked, and it sure makes levelling up to about 10-12 go by much faster. The mag probably helps too, though.

Now to mess around with Fighter, Gunner, and Techter and find out which one is right for me.!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Just never go on Ship 2 to begin with :smugwizard:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Goddamn, all of the female characters have some serious pathological lordosis going on. I know it's supposed to be unconsciously perceived as an 'attractive' posture by males, but that's a bit much.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
While levelling Braver to 30 does unlock the Client Orders from Orza, Lisa, and Marlou that will, in turn, unlock the Client Orders from Coffie to unlock the Fighter, Gunner, and Techter classes, you need to have Hunter, Ranger, and Force at Lv20+ to complete those orders, since the items that drop or kills that are needed are available only in Hard mode or higher.

All of the classes are pretty fun in their own way, though! :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Surprise Noodle posted:

You can do all these COs with all-class weapons, so no, you don't need to level the base classes at all if you have access to the right equipment.

That's a good point, I didn't realize the all-class weapons were so strong and easy to find. It should be simple, in that case.

• Locked thread