Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Let's see... air soft gun.... real gun tarted up in total poo poo accessories.... fedoras...

Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrinkMoreBeer
Jan 23, 2006

by toby

Aintain posted:

Is this a serious post? It was awkward as hell, she was completely weird, he was playing along because she was the host. The clip was extremely uncomfortable to watch. How was this not awkward?

Personally I just assumed the whole thing was set up due to the dude being dressed as Top Gun on a game show. Or is this a normal occurrence on American TV?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

DrinkMoreBeer posted:

Personally I just assumed the whole thing was set up due to the dude being dressed as Top Gun on a game show. Or is this a normal occurrence on American TV?

He's in the Armed forces so yes, this a completely normal thing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Aintain posted:

Is this a serious post? It was awkward as hell, she was completely weird, he was playing along because she was the host. The clip was extremely uncomfortable to watch. How was this not awkward?

Yeah, it seems to me more like they were just being goofy. He does the whole 'ha ha let me show it on you' thing when he gets the wet willy question. I mean it's awkward in the way that parents act goofy to piss off their teenage children, but I guess I'm just jaded from watching too many videos of mumbling fedora-clad nerds trying to explain why watching My Little Pony is manly or going over why statutory rape is sexist. It puts a woman going 'I'm old and horny' into perspective, I guess.

this is a dumb derail and i'm dumb and we're all dumb

When I think about awkward this is the sort of thing I think about : A guy comes in to get interviewed for a job at the BBC, gets mistaken for an expert, and is too polite to say anything about how weird it is that he's being filmed for a job interview. Ends up doing a decent job despite clearly being shocked at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5evS-ApSNQ
(He was interviewed for the job later. He wasn't hired.)

Or even better, from a GBS(?) thread a little while back, have Snack Time with Fry and Friends. It's a final project for a media design and technology vocational school. Some of the projects that ended up being submitted were pretty good, or at least professionally put together. Some of them showed promise. Some of them just capture the sort of awkward anti-humor that Tim and Eric actively try to manufacture. This is twenty five minutes of awkward, from the voices to the acting to the stammering attempts at making conversation about popcorn chicken with Cleverbot characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK-qBAn8J-M
11:50 for chex mix for breakfast
15:00 for I do not like the dreadful woman

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

That's the best Hamtaro cosplay I've ever seen.

Marbs McWaffles
Aug 11, 2011

Friends Are Evil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7TeLdO4ZPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0sccVpENDg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYviG3dzZBI

A kid with a fedora doing a countdown of what he considers the sexiest women. His mom's in on it too.
I especially liked how excited he got about Aayla Secura around the 6:43 mark. I know that he's around 15, and I was an awkward, insufferable dork back then too, but even then I had some self-awareness, and would've been unable to comprehend what possessed him to compile a poorly defined list of the hottest cartoon babes (seriously, about half the list consists of animated women), with his mum of all people, and upload it to YouTube.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
A more recent photo of ADF:

I know that I've mentioned this before, but my first exposure to ADF was through an OKCupid profile. I assumed that it was a joke, partially because Mao hated gays and partially because I didn't think that anyone serious would admit to enjoying lolicon in a dating profile.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

The Monkey Man posted:

A more recent photo of ADF:

I know that I've mentioned this before, but my first exposure to ADF was through an OKCupid profile. I assumed that it was a joke, partially because Mao hated gays and partially because I didn't think that anyone serious would admit to enjoying lolicon in a dating profile.

Looks like a fat version of Rick from The Young Ones

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
How boring do you have to be to construct your whole identity on a outdated and possibly failed ideology? Especially one coming from a dictator who murdered millions during his rule? Really. Why not find a hobby? How does alienating everyone with your tacky clothes and poor choice in political theories seem like a good idea?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Glasgow Kiss posted:

How boring do you have to be to construct your whole identity on a outdated and possibly failed ideology? Especially one coming from a dictator who murdered millions during his rule? Really. Why not find a hobby? How does alienating everyone with your tacky clothes and poor choice in political theories seem like a good idea?

Because a little cartoon girl/horse told them to.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I can scroll past most posts here without cringing, because even though they're awkward as gently caress, they don't bother me. That guy, however, and the video of the two people getting foam and being 'random', are two of the most despicable, infuriating and punchable people I've ever seen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's got those Chris-Chan eyes and chin.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
So a poor diet and autism? Seems to be common occurrence in this thread.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
ADF's profile also talked about working at Wawa (a local convenience store) for eight and a half years until they refused to pay for hormone treatments. Why the gently caress would you mention something like that in a dating profile?

Well, we're getting into mock thread territory here, so here are some awkward pictures:

The Monkey Man has a new favorite as of 13:01 on May 28, 2013

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.
My whole brain is crying.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

That is the single most profound thing I have read in all versions of this thread. This needs to be brought up more often.

It really, really doesn't.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

I don't think I will ever get an erection again.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

The Monkey Man posted:

They wouldn't unless it was part of a plea deal.

Marbs McWaffles
Aug 11, 2011

Long-lost twins, perhaps?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marbs McWaffles has a new favorite as of 14:36 on May 28, 2013

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Sack of Orphans posted:

Based on his comment it sounds like he's in costume as Tito Merelli from Lend Me a Tenor, because like the guy said, the character is an opera singer in (really really bad) blackface for most of the play. Is he an actor of some sort? Because it seems like it would be really odd to just randomly dress as something that specific. Even if he is an actor it's still in poor taste to have that as his profile picture, but it's a little more excusable.

The comments however, are completely awful. :(

Yep, he's an actor. But that just makes the whole thing more awkward because now he's acting like he's morally justified in having a hilarious blackface profile pic.

And also, the comments.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Everyday is upperbody day.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

This only works if we can see that he has tiny legs. As-is it just looks like he's just an average-looking huge linesman or something.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Fat_Cow posted:

His head is so tiny :kimchi:

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

Glasgow Kiss posted:

How boring do you have to be to construct your whole identity on a outdated and possibly failed ideology? Especially one coming from a dictator who murdered millions during his rule?
Let me tell you about the D&D forum

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Palpatine MD posted:

My whole brain is crying.

Her other album on imgur is screencaps of her conversations from Grindr. Even the horrendously awkward can find love, in ten-minute anonymous intervals :unsmith:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

This is the single creepiest thing I've ever seen. If I had a vagina it would have shrivelled up and fell off.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fat_Cow posted:

This guy and that crazy disproportionate dude from page one need to team up as buddy cops.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ez posted:

This is the single creepiest thing I've ever seen. If I had a vagina it would have shrivelled up and fell off.

I don't think she is into women mate.

quote:

27 , Birthday 08.12.1985. MTF Trans* (Gender)Queer, Pansexual/Polyamorous. Astro sign: Leo. Preferred pronouns: SHE, HER, THEY, THEM. Living and making the most of it in Portland, Oregon. Very outspoken and does NOT shut up for anyone. Politically identifies as Marxist-Leninist-Maoist / Queer Insurrectionist. I am one of those 'Bash Back' Queers and I fully endorse 'Die Cis Scum' because I am fed up with Cis-ciety's Transphobia. I do not really believe in organized religion - but In terms of Deity/Life Forces and Cultural Values, and especially with the Love in Nature. I have more in common with Nichiren Buddhism and Shintoism. I am the Artist formerly known as ADF-Fuensalida, and its a chapter of my history I would rather forget. I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) , Anxiety Disorder, Dissociative Identity Disorder, and Fibromyalgia. I am kinda dead lately in art production as of late, dealing with other life problems and my Mental Health issues. I am a survivor of Sexual Assault/Rape, Transphobic Violence and Childhood Physical Abuse.

zoux has a new favorite as of 19:33 on May 28, 2013

PhantomBowie
Sep 3, 2009

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."

MinistryofLard posted:

The face of atheism is really, really gormless.

Oh poo poo. Where did you find this image? Someone I actually know has finally showed up.

And yes, if this is indeed my old classmate...he fits in this thread. He had two fist fights in middle school, one planned and another not planned. Planned fight: Him vs Cheerleader. Not planned fight: Him vs her boyfriend & friends.

During the tight jean phase he also accidentally wore his little sister's jeans. Or we assume so because we don't imagine boy jeans having yellow flowers on the back pockets.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

Tumblr.txt

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Twee as gently caress posted:

Started to watch this in the TV couch chat thread and gently caress this is painful:

'Shy Boy' documentary
https://vimeo.com/28466163

It's about Love-Shyness (when you want to ask girls out but you're too shy to) and Incel (Involuntary Celibacy, when you want to have sex but no one wants to) and it's just full of absolutely awkward and cringe-worthy moments of entitled people going 'Why won't anyone love me/have sex with me :qq: '

The PUA guys voice is incredible, I cant work out who he sounds like but he has this loping "lllladdiees??" tonality to everything.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

zoux posted:

Ahahahaha she's in my city. Oh god.

This guy was interviewed on TV via Skype about his awkward Christmas picture. He couldn't be bothered to put on a shirt.

Source Possibly :nws:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The Monkey Man posted:

I cut this guy's posts out of my facebook feed because he would not shut up about being friendzoned.

Personally, I view it as quite selfish to deprive the thread of nuggets like these.

straylightunity
Dec 20, 2005

Scapegrace.

Hasters posted:

Tumblr.txt

I'd love to see the mental gymnastics required to reconcile 'Die Cis Scum' and 'Bash Back' with Nichiren Buddhism.

e: On second thought, no, I wouldn't love that.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

PhantomBowie posted:

Oh poo poo. Where did you find this image? Someone I actually know has finally showed up.

And yes, if this is indeed my old classmate...he fits in this thread. He had two fist fights in middle school, one planned and another not planned. Planned fight: Him vs Cheerleader. Not planned fight: Him vs her boyfriend & friends.

During the tight jean phase he also accidentally wore his little sister's jeans. Or we assume so because we don't imagine boy jeans having yellow flowers on the back pockets.

Weird, I just thought that was a picture of young Josh Groban

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

straylightunity posted:

I'd love to see the mental gymnastics required to reconcile 'Die Cis Scum' and 'Bash Back' with Nichiren Buddhism.

That person has serious issues.

PhantomBowie
Sep 3, 2009

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."

snortpocket posted:

Weird, I just thought that was a picture of young Josh Groban

I looked up this person on Facebook and found that exact photo without the text.

Edit:

PhantomBowie has a new favorite as of 21:24 on May 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

am I the only one who finds nothing awkward, ugly or gross about this picture?

• Locked thread