Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Found this while looking for Huey Lewis performances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gth-C4PqBc
(Bizarrely shaped person singing for youtube.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Fucknag posted:

Hey now, I play bass sometimes and I'm not 25 percent of a brony.

I dunno, as a bassist you weight, what, 250 pounds? That's about 25% of a brony right there.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Bonus points if the re-enactors didn't know you were faking it either.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

N. Senada posted:

You guys like VIDEO GAMES and MUSICALS and DISNEY and FINAL FANTASY?

Well, do I have the lovely independent theatre production for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYJ0XqutMSE

This is from a couple pages ago, but it brought up a thing I keep seeing fandoms do, where they slap the word "parody" on anything as a free pass for "we don't own any rights or have any continuity to the source material but it's respectable because". Usually for a parody you need some kind of, you know, satire. In the fandom crowd, "Parody" is almost considered to mean "copied but in my style".

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

What happened here? Is this the body-builder equivalent of falling asleep in the green room and your buddies draw all over your face with a Sharpie?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Dunno why it made me think of Romney's orange face attempt, but you can't have a PYF Awkward thread without :mitt:

Anyone have the video that got posted a couple threads ago of a guy that looks just like a burnt-out Romney dancing like a mad man at a jazz concert?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

It could have been one of those "I was nice and said yes when my daughter offered to give me a makeover" situations.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Not to say there aren't many fedora-wearers these days, it's just that fedora wearers don't count as "people".

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

That's actually really skillful and awesome, except for the wedding part.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Grandpas a Racist posted:

I present evidence that some things never change.

That's "The Irritating Gentleman" by Berthold Woltze. She really captures the timeless correlation between awkward and Fedora.

Amazing, even without the "imitating a classier era" factor, it looks like facial hair, ugly accessories, and the ignorance to wear hats indoors transcends time as the hallmark signs of a douchebag in any century.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

A train car isn't indoors.

Aagh :doh: I thought it was the interior of a little chapel because of her mourning clothes and the bench seat.
Content:

This guy drummed for the Beatles at the height of Beatlemania while Ringo was in the hospital and there were booked gigs in Australia that HAD to go on.
The artificial superfame affected him just as you'd expect it to, he was immediately forgotten and went bankrupt and now hides from the public.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Pretty sure I fought this guy in Goldeneye 64.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

ACTION AMERICAN posted:

I'm a bit behind, but these guys are the ones that annoy me the most. They're just so smug about something they know nothing about. Having a hat doesn't give you class. In fact, you putting on a rediculous outfit with the sole purpose of looking different is no different from "swag" (god I hate that word.)

I wish that this world was inhabited by classier people. I wish these guys could hold a door open for someone without expecting a blowjob afterwards. I wish they would put more effort into their clothing, their speech, their manners, and themselves. Being classy isn't about pretending to read "The Sun Also Rises" and smoking cigars. It's a way of life, and if Jay Gatsby's shown us anything, it ain't loving easy.

Somebody amassed a bunch of these pictures in an earlier iteration of this thread and it became obvious that the photos are authentic, but someone else added the same text to each one as some kind of troll. I don't know why someone would bother doing that; it seems like wasted effort trying to make fedora-wearers look bad.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

pentyne posted:

Nothing says class like an unironed shirt with the sleeves pushed up worn unbuttoned over a plain white ribbed t-shirt (or whatever the gently caress it is)

I'll never understand the "wear fedora with anything" mentality this people have. It looks as stupid as wearing a tie with a tanktop or a belt with a swimsuit.

Let's kickstarter a fashion self-help book for redditors, full of suggestions like this.
Make them overdress themselves as far out of the gene pool as possible.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Or just desperate to stay relevant.
This isn't the first time a self-important internet pseudocelebrity has declared bronydom when views hit a slump.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

e: ^^^^ :argh:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hah hah! Loser!

A handy chart for this thread:

What a meta image, since we all know whoever made this picture is even worse off than anyone he's pasted here.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Rondette posted:

Oh so I spent too much time making this but here you go

Very well done. Hope that angers some predditors.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Something tells me this guy could be really fun to hang around with. He has comical proportions, but he's way better groomed than your normal ugly-fare and (presumably) knows how to work an analog synthesizer.

Or it's a fat nerd being photographed by his mother on a trip to the moog museum. We may never know.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

The Pride festival thing is today and while that isn't awkward at all and it's something I support, the awkward part is how every Homestuck in the north-west is taking it as an excuse to wear Homstuck cosplay. To these guys, every public event is an excuse to show off the ol Homestuck cosplay. Gay pride restival, Japanese heritage festival, everything, no matter how entirely unrelated, they just swarm it. So I guess at this point Homestuck is like Naruto for white people.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

That OK cupid is pretty transparently fake unless you want to believe a teenager who watches MLP makes $40k-50k a year. It intentionally goes out of its way to hit a different square of the bingo card with each paragraph. And I'm going to blow your mind by suggesting the photograph might not be the same guy that made the post.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Bill & Steve will always be the ultimate poster boys for awksome.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

My brother's a brony. :(
I was visiting my parents and went upstairs to say hi to him (he is 20 and still lives with them) and saw a rainbow dash hat with a long trailing mane thing and I said "why do you have a pony hat" and he said his "girlfriend" left it there. I asked Mom in private and she told me she's never seen this phantom girlfriend. Either way I gave him the benefit of the doubt and when I visited a few months later, there were now pony figurines lining his desk, and I found the same old hat PLUS some unicorn baseball cap with a big obnoxious horn hastily hidden in the minifridge. He kept his fedora in the open though.
Oh, WELL.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

This isn't so much awkward itself, but it's more than relevant to the thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0m-k6qZMx8&feature=player_detailpage&t=75
The Homestar Runner voice actors come back from the dead to make fun of contemporary nerds.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Since my browsing history almost never gets deleted, I sometimes run into the weirdest links that are greyed out to tell me I already visited the URL a long time ago. This is one of those times.

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Maybe I just get better pussy than you neckbeards.
Look how alpha this guy is on the something awful forums. That's like being the coolest kid on the short bus. :getout:

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

The metal bar makes it look like the smug mouth on a hairy little gnome with a green neckbeard.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Today I got a red flag from a girl I've been dating for a couple months. While I was at work today, she was doing volunteer work at Comicon and texted me:

My friend posted:

I might buy a legit loving katana, they're only $30 holy poo poo

Now, being at work and unable to answer the text in depth, I was only able to quickly punch back out of my peripheral vision "They aren't legit." But please, since I don't have any immediate sources or stories, can you guys give me at least a few points to bring up to help her understand that they are NOT "legit katanas" and just 2¢ pieces of prop metal mass produced to exploit weeaboos?
Normally she's pretty smart about navigating the pitfalls of pop culture, and we make fun of bronies/Homestucks/the like together, so this one came totally out of left field.

Orange Harrison has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Mar 30, 2014

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Got it. Buying a katana from Comicon is equivalent to buying and framing an "authentic" NES zapper from a United States Civil War Convention.

Zedd posted:

I'm not even going to watch these video's, but I sure hope those..things...aren't natural. Being born with that size would have to seriously suck.
If she enhanced them to that size...:stare:why

There's a fairly large and flourishing community that :nws:fetishizhes boobs expanding to preposterous size.:nws: She's literally taking donated money from these people to get doctors to keep making her breasts bigger with expandable implants and re-enact their fantasy IRL. She even points it out in her blog's description.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

This weekend is Sakuracon in Seattle. I have a pass (mostly to tend the Rock Band 3 stage and some busking, I hate anime). I've heard about how phenomenally awkward convention "raves" are and this year I think I'm going to pull a Jane Goodall and enter the rave with a camera looking for some distilled awkward for Youtube/this thread.
Pray for me, goons.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I made $200 for a fifteen-minute set last year, you can't keep me away from Sakuracon. So many nerds, so little financial control.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I said I was going to actually enter the Sakuracon "rave" to film it for this thread and here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvQtW7I5x_4
My SD card ran out of space before I could get any closer, but I really didn't want to walk through that crowd anyway.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

^^You were the 400-pound guy that walks into the conga line, right?

Here's some other stuff I photographed in the exhibition hall. I wanted to get a picture of this year's Everfree (local pony group) stand, but I felt there was no way to approach the stand without them engaging me and asking if I was interested, and immediately knowing what I was up to when I said no. The guy there was wearing an unfitted suit, with a short top hat with a leather strap and ~totally steampunk~ goggles, had plush ponies baby-pinned to the suit material, and was totally unshaven.

"♪Just glue some gears on it....♪"

"Guys I own a custom-built katana. No really. Which artisan made it? Harold from Idaho."

I don't even know what that is, some kind of plastic toy anime hammer sharing a rack with all the authentic katanas like "Blood Plus" and "Cherry Blossom"?

It's not that sign itself that is awkward, but when you realize that the merchant is asked these questions frequently enough to necessitate making a sign.

Orange Harrison has a new favorite as of 09:16 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

The best part about this thread is feigning ignorance about a spergy subject and seeing how many goons step forward to fill out all the details about spergy subject in a don't-ask-me-how-I-know manner.
Like when someone intentionally misidentifies a pony and the rest of the page is goons quoting and correcting that one guy.
It's the forums equivalent of that WWI "What's a German name? Stand up, Hans! *bang*" joke.

• Locked thread