Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Kill, Rover, kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I was waiting for the punchline, but it never came

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

The Monkey Man posted:

I cut this guy's posts out of my facebook feed because he would not shut up about being friendzoned.

Personally, I view it as quite selfish to deprive the thread of nuggets like these.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Guys stop making reenacting sound neat :smith:

I am history-illiterate

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

hahahah no.
It's just foam wrapped around his leg.

also he's not freakishly long legged to be using the stilts.

Wouldn't this make the dude's arm longer than his legs?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

There's a lot of unfortunate decisions that led to this picture being taken.

How is it possible that not one in five guys has clothes that fit?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

You know what? Give this guy better hair, a nicer suit and lose the feather and I think he could actually pull that fedora off. It's a shame he won't ever do any of that and has a rancid personality.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Fatkraken posted:

Nope!

A good rule of thumb is, unless you are a male model AND are currently on a catwalk, or are over 75, just don't wear a fedora. I suppose there might be like 0.1% of the remaining population who wouldn't look completely terrible in one, but even then it's just not worth the risk.

I actually agree, I mean the thing with my statement is by putting "nice hair" in there I'm essentially saying "was better looking and also had nice clothes". I which case, yeah, duh. I also said he could pull off simply wearing it. He still shouldn't because it's weird and nerdy.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Here's a video where awkward and ugly Maddox argues that women aren't represented right in video games, where the subtext is essentially "men can't empathize with women":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJGkG1g-Lk

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Moddington posted:

That may be the subtext, but the text itself is "actually it's the womens' fault :smug:".

:stare:

This should be expected, but I posted a youtube comment pointing out how terrible his views were and got downvoted into oblivion. Who says Reddit is worse than Youtube?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

LateToTheParty posted:

I know Bronies are :effort: but here are some Bronies.

Wait, is that the Natural History Museum? Are there UK Bronies?!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Rondette posted:

Oh so I spent too much time making this but here you go

Aw man I get to 6 and all those guys way, way, way out-handsome me.

How is the second in row 6 only somewhat attractive? :negative:

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Jun 26, 2013

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

-Atom- posted:

What is it with awful YouTube videos and dumb jump cuts.

STOP IT.

It's not a stylistic choice, it's because they can only remember one or two sentences at a time and cut out the time where they're blankly thinking/staring. It's funnier when you know that.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

"Chav" is British for "Lower Class than I Am"

At my old school (bad violent lower class school) you could kind of use it this way, but there was also a specific "Chavvy" way of speaking and acting that didn't always coincide with being from a less well off family. A lot of people a whole lot better off that me where called chavs.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I made it up to right before he could finish saying "hello"

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

The title says all.
It might be more awful than awkward, ugly or gross, but with all those redditors I couldn't not post this.

gently caress. Okay so this may just be the worst thing I've ever read on the internet. It's like if "A Modest Proposal" wasn't satirical. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

In Drywall posted:

To be fair, everything before the break actually is satirical. It's dumb satire, but his point is about the lack of any support network for male rape victims, which is actually pretty real. Everything else that guy has to say is total bullshit.

edit: to be clear, I in no way support anything on that website or pretty much anything that writer says. Just pointing out that the title and the first few paragraphs actually are satire.

Yeah, i's satire, but it's done in the worst way imaginable and devolves into outright hatred.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

RazorBunny posted:

Horrible country stories

I've lived in one of the most crowded, rude and noisy cities in the world my whole life but my God I would never ever ever trade it for ten minutes of being behind that tractor. You have my condolences brother.

Cool wildlife though! All I had were foxes that make terrifying screaming noises at four AM.

Anyway.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

diarmuidqq posted:

I was liking "sexy anesthesiologist" myself.

The thing that's stupid is the word "sexy" means sexy. The word doesn't mean "potentially sexy" - we have "potentially sexy" for that. You can't say something like "Wet floor? No way, that doesn't sound wet to me".

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I just love this thread so much

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I love those old mugshots because they all literally look like a collection of old batman villains. Every single one of them.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Robohobobro posted:

Is this why people think we're all crazy?

You know, back when I first heard the word being used (I think it was like 2007 or 08) I remembered thinking "Haha! I totally am a hipster!" And telling my friends and us all laughing. It didn't seem like an insult or something to deny, just a kind of funny label because we listened to a lot of indie music and tended to wear shirts with collars. Seriously, it's kinda crazy how a word can change to mean so many different things in such a short amount of time. In the 60's it was used as a put-down for white people who played jazz.

And now, I suppose like all cliques, it has reached critical mass and become a cartoon of itself.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I wonder how many women he's brought back to his place and have told him that his wall of fedora's is really cool and sexy and given him a handjob because of it. Probably dozens.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

You can't understand how much joy this brought me

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Sorry, I don't see anything particularly bad about these two. Sure, blue jacket needs to straighten himself out a bit, and shorts isn't at a yacht club where that look might fit a little better, but they're both pretty well put together.

Scruffy jacket guy I think is CLOSE to working, he just needs to straighten himself out a bit and maybe get some better fitting clothes? A bit hard to tell from the picture. On the other hand, would look like a bit of a doofus walking down the street like that. I think it's the shoes that are tipping it in that direction.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Frankston posted:

I came across this t-shirt today, I thought it was pretty awkward:

It was a child's size.

My old flatmate had a shirt that, no joke, said "retard fight" in big block capital letters on it. He was a really nice guy, and was also actually really sociable and normal, but for the love of Christ he just did not understand why that was not an okay shirt to wear. I cannot believe anyone could ever have such little shame or self-awareness as to wear a shirt that said "RETARD FIGHT" on it. We would be going out somewhere and if he said he needed to change his shirt or was ganna shower beforehand, I just prayed and prayed he wouldn't wear that shirt.

It's not even like I was the only one who cared either! Dude got looks when he wore that shirt. Man.

Retard fight.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Dusseldorf posted:

Sounds like a cool dude with at least one wet blanket friend.

I guess if you can be a fully grown man and walk around in a t-shirt with the word "retard" on it and not feel like you're fourteen years old then more power to you I guess

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Ez posted:

It must be fun being you

Sorry I won't impede on your fun time of wearing a shirt. Go hog wild.

content:

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Aug 26, 2013

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

This is planned right?

No way. I can't believe it - this is too perfect a storm. I can't imagine someone treating someone else like that and then the person uploading the image doing them the favour of removing their name.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Oh to be the person in the car that rolls up at the end.

"I'd... uh, like a... I'd..."

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

JULIAN ASSANGE posted:

On the subject of things that aren't Spirit Hoods, Here's a video of a Japanese TV show making GBS threads all over an American otaku living in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwRObqxUQ8

The guy is a weirdo, no doubt, but I kind of felt uncomfortable watching him get bullied on national television.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Okay so I saw this video of a brony "coming out of the closet" to his dad via Skype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3shsnVtpE

It's beautiful, but a part of me wants to call fake just because it's too perfect. Why would you want your dad to know about clopping? Why would you tell him while he's at grandma's?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I just put my jeans in the freezer after about a month of wear. v:shobon:v

Sorry buddy.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2011/11/the-myth-of-the-frozen-jeans/

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

In my head those pictures are all the same person at various stages of their life

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I don't know how you can go on living the rest of your life knowing you dressed like that even a single day.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

He made $55 million last year.

If he got paid to dress that way, then this would be a reasonable argument, but no. He chose to dress that way.

Edit: I hope. Maybe he is getting paid to dress like a melting clown.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

English isn't my native language, although I did know that it's a serious swear word.

I think some women see it as misogynistic, but I know others that don't, so I'm not sure there.

Over here in the UK it's still the "worst" swearword, but we swear so much that that still doesn't really mean anything.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Sorry for harping on, but I'm confused as to why if someone didn't actually have cancer, why would you use that word as an insult? Surely the response is "I don't have cancer"?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Dr Scoofles posted:

I find these ones worse than the total loving pig slob, flies all over the arse fatties. This though :sigh:; She's trying so hard to be pretty and it's all for poo poo because nothing can hide the fact that she is uglier than a bag of bashed crabs. No amount of fancy clothes, make up, giant burgers or hair accessories will salvage that mess. The harder they try the more depressed I become.

Ugly people... aren't allowed to wear nice clothes? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

There are plenty of people with these opinions in Europe. Thing is, in North America it coincides with the general phenomenon of identity politics spiraling completely out of control. The result is tumblr and whatever the MRA equivalent is. It's a cultural thing where poststructuralism has come to completely dominate the way Americans think about social reality, meaning that everything is interpreted in terms of symbols, identities, categories and discourse, while physical and economic reality has almost fully disappeared from view.

Sorry, I'm a tad confused - wouldn't postrstructuralism gaining popularity mean that people would be less likely to put weight into symbols and identities? The way I understand it, Poststructuralism is about viewing things from multiple viewpoints without any one taking precedent? Granted this isjust my dumb interpretation of a dumb Wiki article.

• Locked thread