Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Oh god, that guy with the fedora at the bottom right looks exactly like the horrible PUA-guy from that love-shy documentary that was posted in the previous thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

zoux posted:

I don't think she is into women mate.

What is it with tumblr-people and listing all of their illnesses in their bio?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Croisquessein posted:

Edited to fix wall of text

In that Incel-documentary there was a guy who was pretty outspoken about how he had even approached several women "below his standard". I guess they kind of telegraph their intent, or sends off a heap of nonverbal signals that the only reason they're talking to these women are out of desperation or something. And I know that I (as a bloke) would be offended myself if something like that happened to me.

Plus it's not like you're magically going to get laid just by walking up to someone and feign interest. At some point their lack of personality will become glaringly obvious, like around the 10 second mark or so.

But enough of that.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Yeah. Good lord, those are some crusted teeth.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Cats are portrayed as evil in cartoons because cats are lovely animals.

Oh hey, this guy looks familiar.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Peppi posted:

Dude is rich and a gigantic alcoholic. Here's his profile on a finnish social site: http://irc-galleria.net/user/T_A_U_K_K_I/album

Enjoy

Ofcourse he's Finnish.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Is that an untucked shirt with the lowest button unbuttoned? :psyduck:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Fat_Cow posted:

The Amish are coming

That's a hell of a get-up for Rumspringa.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I don't like receiving oral sex. What do they say to that? :smugbert:

Pro negging

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Powershift posted:

From the George Lucas school of facial definition. I can't imagine he could possibly look more goofy clean shaven.

Goodness, Jean Reno has really let himself go over the years.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

God loving damnit, parents like these pisses me off to no end. I wish I knew the name of this piece of poo poo so I could report them for child abuse.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Poe's law. :shrug:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I'm gonna assume that when she says "3 pairs of flats", she's not talking about apartments.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

zenintrude posted:

Flats are lady shoes that are not heels.
I learn something new every day.

content:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

72o posted:

Some redditor draws other redditors.

If I had to stare at some of those pictures for the time it takes to make a drawing out of them, I just... wouldn't.

I love the fact that they took the liberty of adding a cleavage if the subject was a woman.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I never thought it was possible for a wireless network to be awkward. Until today, that is.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I think it's a C-string. GIS at your own peril.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

darthbob88 posted:

Depending on how misogynistic you want to get, it's either a) the tendency to marry a spouse of higher class, b) gold digging, or c) The reason those women females all want sports stars and CEOs rather than pudgy goons.

I'll give them credit for trying to make "ladder theory" sound less deplorable before you dig into what it really entails.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm sure everyone will be surprised when I tell you a blue tie with a black shirt is the traditional local nazi garb from the thirties.

Even the old-timers belong in this thread!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

opposite day posted:

Behold the latest thing steampunk has apparently metastasized into: "Rococopunk"

...okay, so the last picture kind of owns. Still, nothing is more "punk" than romanticizing the pastimes of the leisure class, amirite?

If gawker honestly believes that pretending to be French aristocrats is more punk than anything else, then their knowledge of history is worse than I feared. And the bar was already set pretty drat low.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Here's another awkward people in Guy Fawkes masks picture:

The bloke in the mobility scooter is what really makes this photo.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Leper Residue posted:

Some of us didn't always hate it. Penny Arcade has been around for a long loving time, and I used to read it regularly, but they just kept getting worse and worse.

And as big of shitlords that they are, they are rather big powerhouses in the gaming industry thanks to PAX, so other news sites will actually cover news about them.

The fact that a stupid webcomic is considered a "powerhouse" speaks volumes about the gaming industry, really.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Intergortion posted:

Has this been posted? The BBC did a feature on bronies: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24939873

I love the fact that even the writer of the show is a greasy neckbeard.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Why you should never wear a double-breasted suit if you're under the age of 60, exhibit A, B and C.

Dynastocles posted:

And Sprolly is a goony Finn who dresses like either a newsie or an Edwardian gentleman.

Here's someone who's been watching Boardwalk Empire way too much and told himself "yeah, I should deffo dress like Nucky, that man has class!"

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Don't underestimate the difference a tailored suit can make, though. Which, by the looks of it, is something neither of the dorky ones have.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

SG-83 posted:

On the subject of awkward idiots in court, here's a guy that tries to be a smartass and push his way into a courtroom after repeatedly being told by court security to gently caress off. The real action starts at 2:00, and ends like a normal person would expect it to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7U5eJN3hLI

This is from a few pages back, but what on earth are these people trying to achieve? Videos like these pop up on youtube all the time, and I'm none the wiser.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

- People apparently walking around and touching other people's hair without asking: Yeah, definitely awkward.
- Wanting people to stop touching your hair without your permission: Not awkward.

There, now that's cleared up.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

This 30 minute "documentary" is about a man in Thailand. It's worse than you think. Much worse. :vomit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2noEIZsLk
I can't believe i watched this in it's entirety. People like Travis are the main reason I'm weary about visiting Thailand (apart from political turmoil). It's probably a stunning place, but I'm not too keen on being thought of as a desperate sex-tourist until I prove otherwise.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Calico Heart posted:

She also takes advantage of her fans in really disgusting ways. Last year she needed a brass section for her tour, and instead of, you know, hiring the brass section she needed for her tour, she said she would graciously let her fans play brass on stage with her. Without pay, mind you. She raised over a million dollars on kickstarter (for an album that was already in post-production), is married to one of the wealthiest authors writing in the English language, and can't afford someone to play trumpet. Or to pay the people coming out to play trumpet with her. In fact, if you were so lucky as to play trumpet on stage with her, you'd have to buy a ticket, still.

When she posted this on her site, dozens of professional musicians basically responded with "Oh, you want me to work for free?" and laughed at her. Sad thing is, she had a bunch of young fans so star-struck by the offer she ended up getting away with it.

Prime material for this thread.

There's also this TED talk, where she brags about both this and how she does couchsurfing from fan to fan, instead of getting a hotel like normal people, whenever she's on tour. And she acts like what she does ~is connecting with her fans~ rather than taking advantage of people with less money than her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMj_P_6H69g

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

In 5 years he'll be struggling through computer science trying to maintain a D average, whilst making :smug: "how's that humanities/social sciences degree working out for you?" comments on reddit and Imgur.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

step aside posted:

Gross.

Have a series:

These are the words of emotionally damaged people in dire need of therapy.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

:nws:Nothing to see here, I'm just using the hand dryer:nws:

ulvir has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Feb 4, 2014

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Guess they just wanted to add different ways of spelling it, taking into account personal preference, or something.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

ookiimarukochan posted:

Looks like he may be pals with Richard Stallman, so this is him making an effort I suspect.

"what, just because Stallman has a long unkempt beard doesn't make him that bad, right?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ ... :cry:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

People care way too much about Pokemon in general, really.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Creepy neckbeard e-stalks a Hot Topic employee, tries to woo her on facebook. http://imgur.com/gallery/g18ls

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Twee as gently caress posted:

Ever wondered 'Who the gently caress would be crazy enough to go spectate an 8 hour Billy Corgan instrumental improvisation based on the book Siddharta in 2014?'? The Chicago Tribune's got the answer, and its cringy as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J0_ekiK1Oc

40 seconds in, you are guaranteed to go :stare:

8 hour long concert, about a book that's just 152 pages? Guess all his ramblings about chemtrails finally did a number on his cognition.

And boy gooly, that's exactly how I figured Smashing Pumpkins fans would be like.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

This seemed awkward.

:911:

that child looks way too old to be sitting in a stroller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I just can't bring myself to hate on this. You just know that the little kid has the loving day of their life right there. :yayclod:

• Locked thread