Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Hm. Should I make a B/D control, or make a deck designed to be good against B/D control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Afgad posted:

Hm. Should I make a B/D control, or make a deck designed to be good against B/D control.

the latter is tough, but probably your best bet if it also has a good shot against gorefiend

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That self-milling Blessing the Fallen deck seems to go okay against B/D (or at least, I lost to it and it went undefeated that tourney);

Player: dmcAxle
Deck: Human Inspire
3 Angel of Dawn
4 Blessing the Fallen
4 Cerulean Mentalist
4 Cerulean Mirror Knight
7 Diamond Shard
3 Legionnaire of Gawaine
2 Lord Alexander, the Courageous
1 Phoenix Guard Trainer
4 Protectorate Clergyman
4 Royal Falconer
4 Ruby Pyromancer
7 Ruby Shard
7 Sapphire Shard
4 Shards of Fate
2 Shrine of Prosperity

edit; to be fair I am a very average player so beating me isn't a shining endorsement of quality

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Grim posted:

That self-milling Blessing the Fallen deck seems to go okay against B/D (or at least, I lost to it and it went undefeated that tourney);

Player: dmcAxle
Deck: Human Inspire
3 Angel of Dawn
4 Blessing the Fallen
4 Cerulean Mentalist
4 Cerulean Mirror Knight
7 Diamond Shard
3 Legionnaire of Gawaine
2 Lord Alexander, the Courageous
1 Phoenix Guard Trainer
4 Protectorate Clergyman
4 Royal Falconer
4 Ruby Pyromancer
7 Ruby Shard
7 Sapphire Shard
4 Shards of Fate
2 Shrine of Prosperity

edit; to be fair I am a very average player so beating me isn't a shining endorsement of quality

MythicFishmom put up an article on this deck concept so you may see it around a bit more.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Go RV! posted:

MythicFishmom put up an article on this deck concept so you may see it around a bit more.

I've been messing around with it a bit. I think the real problem is that you're short on removal and very, very vulnerable to solitary exile and Nature Reigns.

On the upside though once you get some card draw going with Dream Dance or Mirror Knights, it's surprisingly easy to at least draw all the cards for Triumvirate.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Error: This deck is private. The owner must 'share' it for it to become visible.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Thoom posted:

Error: This deck is private. The owner must 'share' it for it to become visible.

D'oh! My lovely attempt at a three color inspire deck is now shared.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Seems like a decent list, but I think I'd rather play some Hero of Adamanths over Triumverate with all these humans. Maybe keep one Adam.

e: With Benjamin/Dream Dance, you could probably add a 1-2 of for some of the other decent inspire stuff and throw it in the bin for Blessing. Flying and Steadfast are pretty good for beats. I guess it's not that necessary with Legionnaire, but still.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 25, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Go RV! posted:

Seems like a decent list, but I think I'd rather play some Hero of Adamanths over Triumverate with all these humans. Maybe keep one Adam.

So far I've only been trying it against AI but with 3 of each and Dream Dance running you actually can turn up all three of them fairly often, so it seemed worth it to make Triumvirate one of the wincons. If I were including a Hero of Adamanth I'd go a different route, probably go diamond/sapphire with buccaneers, Gralks, Time Ripples, and Yesterday (since Hero of Adamanth gets rebuffed every time he re-enters play).

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So far I've only been trying it against AI but with 3 of each and Dream Dance running you actually can turn up all three of them fairly often, so it seemed worth it to make Triumvirate one of the wincons. If I were including a Hero of Adamanth I'd go a different route, probably go diamond/sapphire with buccaneers, Gralks, Time Ripples, and Yesterday (since Hero of Adamanth gets rebuffed every time he re-enters play).
It's a pretty good shell, but I think Princess Victoria is easily the weakest card in the deck. You have less than a 50% chance of having one in your opening hand (which still dies to any removal) and it is terrible to draw one outside of your opening hand. Maybe consider dropping those 3 for some kind of removal (buccaneer!!!), as this is super non-interactive and I think every deck except straight up combo needs some way to take our opponent off their game-plan.

I think Hero of Adamanth having the potential to be rebuffed isn't a solid reason to go to more of a bounce tempo build entirely by itself, as if you're putting out a huge dude the first time you cast it, casting it again is just 'win more'.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Saw two dudes at the Cryptozoic board game demo zone at comic con playing proving grounds matches against each other on laptops.

There is absolutely zero Hex presence at the con so I have no idea how that got started but I admire their dedication.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Triumverate worries me because it straight up voids three cards (no speed inspire with blessing), and while it gives you a really fantastic dude, there's a pretty good chance of casting it directly into a murder/ripple whatever else. It's not exactly a stealthy setup.

Hero is a lot more variable, but he usually comes out 8/8ish, in my experience, and a lot less investment on your part.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Go RV! posted:

Triumverate worries me because it straight up voids three cards (no speed inspire with blessing), and while it gives you a really fantastic dude, there's a pretty good chance of casting it directly into a murder/ripple whatever else. It's not exactly a stealthy setup.

Yeah, that's a fair point. The nice thing about Triumvirate though is that you *can* bring him out straight -- you don't have to tap Adam to activate the ability, so it's completely possible to summon all three (or your third of the three) and attack with Triumvirate on the same round.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

In other news, don't forget that tomorrow is the testing for the no-limit tournaments.

Shaqattaq posted:

Hi all. We HEX Entertainment staff are calling you out! We're holding a Constructed Challenge on Saturday, July 26th at 11 AM Pacific (18:00 GMT). It's a four-round tournament with no entry fee, but there will be lots of prizes!

Cost - Zero platinum (FREE!)

4 Wins - 12 Shards of Fate packs, 20,000 gold
3 Wins - 6 Shards of Fate packs, 10,000 gold
2 wins - 2 Shards of Fate packs, 5,000 gold
1 win - 1 Shards of Fate pack

We're using this opportunity to introduce tournaments with no player participation cap, so tournaments larger than 128 players. We want to check the swiss pairing feature and server load. We also want to meet you and see what kind of decks you're building! If you do get matched up against one of our HEX Entertainment staff members, you'll get a code for 1 draft ticket and 3 booster packs, so best of luck! We'll see you this Saturday and bring your best deck to the Constructed Challenge!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Am I reading that right? You get a draft ticket and 3 boosters just for playing a Hex employee? Win or lose?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Go RV! posted:

In other news, don't forget that tomorrow is the testing for the no-limit tournaments.

I discovered this happens at my 2am. I am very sad about this. No love for Oceania. :(

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Some Numbers posted:

Am I reading that right? You get a draft ticket and 3 boosters just for playing a Hex employee? Win or lose?

Yes, but the odds of matching up against a Hex employee probably won't be that great. I'm still going to play in the tournament, I'm sure I can at least get one win :unsmith:.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

Yes, but the odds of matching up against a Hex employee probably won't be that great. I'm still going to play in the tournament, I'm sure I can at least get one win :unsmith:.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to tomorrow just so I can play a tournament for fun without having to worry about losing my $$$ investment if I don't play a perfectly optimized gorefeast or blood/diamond deck.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

About to start round 1 of another draft with a dumb midnight shepherd deck. Doing it so you don't have to!

https://www.twitch.tv/lightreaper

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Go RV! posted:

I'm taking a variant of this list into the unlimited tournament today. I ditched Lords Benjamin and Adam and the Angels for Royal Falconers and Soul Marbles as alternative wincons. I've also got a pair of Resurrections in the sideboard for slow control decks.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Free tourney queue is up.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I'm bringing a super jank "The Ancester's Chosen" and "Spirit Dance" deck because I can't play the entire time. It's gonna suck! I'm excited. :peanut:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hope I get into the tourney, I've been waiting for the final step for the last 30+ minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I hope I get into the tourney, I've been waiting for the final step for the last 30+ minutes.

Yup, same here.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

I'm playing my silly re animator deck because if there's one card I have a silly fascination for, it's midnight shepherd.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
They've delayed the tournament entry for another 20 minutes until 11:30AM PST

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

If you're still waiting for the tournament list, try disabling the radio buttons for Draft and Sealed, so only Constructed is active (it works even while you're seeing the spinning circle)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm either playing with the DS Human deck I wanted to play with, or the Dwarf Starter deck. and I'm not sure which. :v:

e: Extended another half hour.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 26, 2014

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
The amount of frothy nerd rage at the delay is loving hilarious. People are asking for compensation and generally being lovely.

Although someone suggested a closed beta players only sleeve for the blue loading wheel, which has me cracking up.

E: our Hex Employee Opponents are stuck blue-wheeling

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Compensation? For what? Expected value?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Gross Dude posted:

for our preeeecious time :bahgawd:

Sigma-X posted:

Although someone suggested a closed beta players only sleeve for the blue loading wheel, which has me cracking up.
earlier someone suggested they should replace the blue wheel with a spinning princess cory face and i couldnt agree more.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Gross Dude posted:

I have no idea.

This is great:

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I don't think it works.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sigma-X posted:

The amount of frothy nerd rage at the delay is loving hilarious. People are asking for compensation and generally being lovely.

Yeah, the first tournament with more than 128 players, designed as a server stress test, is clearly supposed to go off without a hitch and anything else requires compensation.

I'm really glad I've been ignoring the chat.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
On the bright side, there are two people with match wins. Good job to Dijo and Ravenclaw!

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Woah, my match started.

E: Kinda. It's full of stars.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Gross Dude posted:

Woah, my match started.

E: Kinda.

Same, complete with Kinda. Stuck at the starry night screen waiting for the coin flip.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

It's a pretty nice star screen!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Then it went straight to the deckbuilding screen for the next round. I wonder who won the first game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Then it went straight to the deckbuilding screen for the next round. I wonder who won the first game?

Please don't ruin the surprise for the rest of us.

• Locked thread