Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

katkillad2 posted:

The theory is that they are contemplating if there is anymore compensation required than normal for the VIP tournaments from what I gather on the forums.

You got a link to anything pertinent to that discussion on their forums I can't find anything personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Here is Stovetop posted:

You got a link to anything pertinent to that discussion on their forums I can't find anything personally.

It's just a 25 page thread full of bickering, the only detail worth knowing is like you mentioned that people have heard back from support on other tickets but nobody has got a reply from support if they bugged in a VIP tournament yet.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

revengeanceful posted:

I'm having the exact same problem. Posted on the Hex forums and nobody knew what I was talking about. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, nor did repairing the install. What sort of machine are you running? Can you play games against live opponents?

I haven't tried playing live opponents since this started (super carebear) but I'll probably try a random game sometime with my lovely starter deck just to see if it is limited to AI.

My gaming PC is Windows 7, NVidia GPU, Intel quad-core CPU, pretty much a stock middle-of-the-road 2013 era setup.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Open but not open beta is here. https://hextcg.com/beta-keys-no-longer-required/

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Will be interesting to see how much of an impact moving to not open...open beta will have. I feel like sending out that beta invite to everyone who had registered on the site might have reached the largest amount of people trying to get in.

Also I wonder if this is or isn't the step before set 2. They said they wanted open beta before set 2 but they aren't calling this open beta so who knows.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I don't get it, when they do go to open beta, how will it be different than how it is now?

Gross Dude fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 28, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Marketing I guess? "Real" open beta would be saying they're "feature complete" as it were, and they aren't yet. Also they may want to continue to say they're in "closed beta" for legal reasons (Just guessing).

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Looks like the VIP reimbursements are starting to roll out. Looks like folks are being fully re-imbursed for all required packs/plat and tickets needed for entry.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I had a artifact deck going and I opened an argus in pack 3, but I couldn't select it because of the lovely display bug in drafting. Normally, when I want to pick a rare/legendary I have to resize and span the image across two screens because I can't draft cards on the third line. It was a real kick in the dick because the argus would have been so fun :(

EDIT: That said, I'm going to polish up my new op and post it in games since anyone who wants to play can get in now. I'll be closing this thread when the new one goes up.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 28, 2014

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Karnegal posted:

I had a artifact deck going and I opened an argus in pack 3, but I couldn't select it because of the lovely display bug in drafting. Normally, when I want to pick a rare/legendary I have to resize and span the image across two screens because I can't draft cards on the third line. It was a real kick in the dick because the argus would have been so fun :(

EDIT: That said, I'm going to polish up my new op and post it in games since anyone who wants to play can get in now. I'll be closing this thread when the new one goes up.
What's the tagline? Most important thing tbh

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Karnegal posted:

Are you talking about the bug where the cards show up large and also miniature versions? If so, for me clicking the 4 block option thing to make the cards larger usually fixes it.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Going to be guesting on MythicFishMom's show on the main hex twitch page this evening, playing some constructed and poo poo. Watch it! Or whatever.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

katkillad2 posted:

Are you talking about the bug where the cards show up large and also miniature versions? If so, for me clicking the 4 block option thing to make the cards larger usually fixes it.

Thanks for that. I'll try it next time

LightReaper posted:

What's the tagline? Most important thing tbh

I'm going back to 30 pages or so to where we talked about it. Probably something about fish hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Now that the game is open to the public, we have a new thread in games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676920&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post436923282

• Locked thread