Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I was excited for this, and I got in on the 500 level before it sold out so yay for free drafts.

I do have a question I haven't figured out anywhere else, what are the rarities? I noticed that a lot of cards have colors for their collector level, but I count something like 4-5 of them. Is this right?

Grey - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Rare
Red - Legendary
Yellow - ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They've said a draft is about 7 dollars: 2 for a pack and a 1 dollar entry fee.

For people worrying about card interactions, remember that equipment is PvE only, and that Dream Bear is a PvE only card anyways. You can tell which is which because PvE cards have a yellow mask next to their collector number, PvP do not. The fact they can errata cards digitally is kind of neat, but I am a little leery of them changing the text post release.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

From what I understand, Set 1 focuses on 4 races, 2 on each "faction:" Shin'hare, Dwarves, Humans and Orcs, but I'm not entirely sure if that's true. After all, we did see a legendary Coyotle card and several necrotic troops.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Producer is a ton of value, though I dunno if you'd want it if you're going to be doing the PvE thing. Getting every card and all equipment means that there's no point to do PvE for loot or whatever, but you'd be really well positioned for any PvP tournaments.

I'm spending way more than I thought I would on this, but it looks great. I wonder what the last 2 stretch goals are? We might hit the 1.8 million one by tomorrow, I dunno if we have too much more gas in the tank, especially once DC sells out.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Still 600+ Collectors, will we see a run on those too? On one hand it would be nice to get extra copies of the AA PvP cards in the system, on the other hand it makes the existing Collectors and above able to ask for more if those cards are worth anything. Also, by my math, we are at 2 million so far, only 100k off from the stretch goal.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

It depends on what type of draft you're doing. They've already announced that they'll have 3 types of draft, I'll use MODO lingo - 8/4 drafts, 4/3/2/2 drafts and Swiss drafts. First off, whatever cards you pick are yours no matter what. Second, your prizes depend on what kind of draft you do. In an 8/4, it's a single elimination where 1st place gets 8 packs, 2nd place 4 packs and everyone else nothing. A 4/3/2/2 gives 4 packs to 1st, 3 packs to 2nd and 2 packs to 3rd and 4th. It's also a single elimination. Swiss is 3 rounds, no eliminations, and it's usually a pack per match win.

They may have different prize payouts, but they said they'll have all 3 types. Swiss is better if you're new to drafting since you play in all 3 rounds regardless, but 8/4 is great if you're decent because of the high payout.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

It looks like the phantom draft is part of a dungeon. Cory was mentioning it today, but he did say that they didn't want it to be abusable.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

We know of at least 2 producer pledges that are real. One person has "claimed" one and another was done on Paypal. I wouldn't be surprised if the fake ones are around 50k or so, because Producer is a pretty crazy value if you want to be competitive fast. 4 of every single card released for life will save you money in the long run in buying packs/cards if this game takes off.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Man, that makes me nervous. I got in on Grand King before it sold out, and Pro player recently (it did go back to 0 since then), but I hope that they keep track of who got it last and it isn't random. I would hate that.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They said they're going to include shirt sales and slacker backers to the KS total, so if they're only 100k off it's still possible. Still, this is 5000 shirts sold and thus is pretty unlikely. I'm ok with not reaching the final stretch goal.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

So, I was kind of shocked no Producers dropped at the last minute. They got really close to 2.5 million.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

On the other hand, they can fit a treasure chest in them. That's kind of a neat incentive, and it looks like it takes the spot of a basic resource in the pack since they don't need to have those in there.

Speaking of resources, I'm sure we'll see some nonbasic ones. I'm thinking the most likely is a 0/1 resource that gives two types of threshold, since it acts like a land coming into play tapped. Other things that would be neat is an 0/2 resource that doesn't give threshold or a resource that charges twice.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They did say there would be an update today with final totals. I'm curious myself.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Looks like it's time for the weekly update! They just updated the main site with two new cards. One of them is an interesting card that voids out everyone's hand, graveyard and in play, gives everyone an additional 0/10 resources and 5 of each threshold. It costs 10. I...dunno about that one. It's definitely a build around me, but anything that also benefits the opponent is a little sketchy to me. On the other hand, it will basically destroy an aggro/reanimator deck, and if you've got lots of card draw, you might come out of it ok.

The other card is a 1/1 for 1 (ruby threshold) that gets +3/+3 if you have no cards in your hand. A fun little aggro beater.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

It's definitely a good counterspell, tacking an extra 2 on to every single spell with the same name is pretty sweet. On the other hand it's not 2 CMC and it's the only counter we've seen so I think they're trying to make it balanced.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'm glad they've been keeping up with the weekly updates, I feel like they've been pretty up front with everything. Still wish there was more PvE info though.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'm really more excited about the PvE part, since there's no way there's enough of a card pool yet for PvP to be as deep as, say Magic. Of course, this is something you can't hold against them yet with just 1 set at release, but if the PvE stuff is good I'm even more happy to play.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

So, there's new card previews today. The one I'm intrigued by is Hideous Conversion (3, 1 blood thresh). If you sacrifice a troop, you get 1/0, so you can turn your troops into 1 mana, basically. In a Shin'hare deck, this might be pretty big, and an interesting build around card.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Hopefully they figure it out eventually, I didn't understand what the symbol meant at first. At least they can edit every card with the new symbol.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

It's also a Common, from what it's worth. Yay for not having the rare in your pack be a resource.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

This is true. It's not like an Unlimited Dual (which would be something like a 1/1 resource that you can choose from Diamond or Blood threshold), but it's not terrible in a 3 shard deck. I'm sure we'll start seeing different resources as time goes on.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

It may be that, we might have to merge later. They might also let you "merge" when you create your account. There's a lot up in the air, but having a solid date is great and I'm looking forward to it! I was lucky enough to get into Hearthstone, but this was always what I wanted to be doing with my CCG time. This and maybe Magic.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'm terrible at deckbuilding, so I think a mono ruby burn deck will be easiest for me to figure out. I'm interested in Blood too, maybe a Blood Sapphire weird deck.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I don't know if there is a sealed tournament, it seems like there is only draft. It's also the highest rarity, so it won't be in every game.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Alpha status: Sausages currently being made, some issues with launcher/patcher and hopefully the invites will go out later today. I'm pretty amazed they got it up this fast anyways, so holding onto my butt here.

Edit: Cory is making sure to let everyone know what exactly an alpha is like. I appreciate this but I feel bad about the people that are expecting a fully polished game and will take it out on him.

Captain Capitalism fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 8, 2013

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'm guessing that invites will not be out until late today, if not tomorrow. Reading between the lines it sounds like they're still grappling with some major issues and that'll probably take a bit to fix.

It's certainly an alpha!

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

For an alpha, it looks pretty impressive. I'm still really excited, and I wouldn't let the people that were going to bitch either way get you down. I did notice Cory trying to talk people down himself, but I doubt it'll help too much.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They just updated their Alpha Notes thread, looks like they have all hands working on fixing the two major issues that are stopping them:

1) Instead of a Keep name, it's displaying email addresses
2) EULA isn't properly displayed.

They'll have an update in 60-90 minutes, so hang tight! Here is what I think the offices are looking like now:

On one last note, they have the current spoiler ready and going live in 15 minutes or so. Any card that isn't coded yet isn't on it, so it's a WIP.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

The guy that voids your resources is interesting. Basically once you drop him you're guaranteed to hit nothing but spells afterwards. I'm not sure what kind of deck would want him most, an aggressive curve topper or a control deck with lots of spells.

Edit: Wasn't there the doppelgadget spoiled? It might not be in yet, but it copies an artifact when it comes into play.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Blinkman987 posted:

It begins. Noon.

That's awesome news! I can't believe how much work has been done over the last few months, you should all get some sort of medal.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'll keep checking, now it's time to make sure that everything charged correctly. (it did)

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, I'm still waiting on my email to arrive but I'd like to get the client started if possible. I just doublechecked that my Grand King did go through and I was successfully charged...so I'm just hoping it's delayed a touch.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I just got my email, so yay! Downloading now.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, unfortunately everyone's downloading it right now. Ah well.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I agree that having public downloading was not the best plan. I know that they kind of rushed this out there so people could get in, I hope this doesn't hurt the overall image. I'm afraid that the people who are most vocal will get in, realize it's an alpha and go "I waited hours for THAT?"

I'm trying to think of ways to speed this up...can we just put the files on your computer? If so, maybe we can set up a file system to share out the files, but would that be :filez:?

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I finally got in, just one problem:

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, I created a mono wild deck and played against AI, but it's not really smart. On one hand, I have already found a couple of bugs (Crossposting from bug forum)

1) Crash of Beasts does not create a rhino, but it does escalate!
2) Lifedrain doesn't work, seemingly at all.

On the other hand, the following does work (and is awesome)

1) The 3/3 speed for 2 creature that shuffles back into your deck does become a 6/6 speed for 2 when you redraw it
2) Crazed Squirrel Titan is a cool card.
3) The ramp you can put out is pretty insane. You can go T2 Chloroblast or whatever and have 5 W threshold and 5 resources at the start of turn 3. This is not that difficult to do.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'm trying to figure out a deck based around the 5 cost BB 3/3 that destroys all of your resources when he enters play, but my deckbuilding skills are pretty bad. Would he make more sense in an aggro deck to make sure you hit gas, or in a control deck? If control, I assume we'd need a good amount of ramp. Luckily, there is artifact ramp and Wild ramp.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I don't think the chosen is that broken. It's only a 1/1 for 1 and that's fairly easily killed. Dropping 2/2 flyers for 1 and cantripping is pretty strong, but it also dilutes the rest of your deck by doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I agree with you that not being able to play as many matches are causing issues, but that's not a server load issue most likely so they'll probably try to jam in a few more players soon just so they're meeting "expectations." Even if you can't play a match out you're still in!

I actually have finished a bunch of matches, so I'm pretty surprised with how much is already done.

• Locked thread