Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I'm glad the gameplay seems good, because the flavor is three kinds of rear end in a lot of cases. I mean, the Shin'Hare are a near clone of the Skaven. The Dwarves are Goblins. There's a race of peaceful, spiritualistic furries with nary a trace of irony that are shaping up to be the Mary-Sues of the setting. The humans are the exact same humans we've gotten in every setting. The elves are the exact same elves that we've gotten in every setting. I mean, it's still early, and Magic's flavor wasn't so enthralling when it was first released, but goddamn.

The Vennen are a bit cool though. Spider-Orcs is a legitimate thing I haven't seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Karnegal posted:

To those complaining about cliche races, what about the most awesome race of all: Shroomkin!

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Korak posted:

A giant gently caress you to every 'collector' type of person?
Nah, collectors go apeshit over things with limited availability. It's competitive, non-collector players (such as myself) who despise things with limited availability.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
"Mono-Wild deck" just sounds so dirty to me. I really hope they go with Emerald soon, because having the colors be Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, "Wild", and "Blood" (which is black and not red), is just so bizarre. But the gameplay on the stream really made me wish I had the spare cash right at this moment to jump on some of the really cool KS stuff.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
At this point, if the guild doesn't split down the middle into a thousand, tattered shreds over how to consume cooked cow, I will be severely disappointed. That being said, I am still a "well-done with ketchup" guy, so I will be trying out most of these suggestions.

In more related matters, has the full card list been spoiled yet? This thread exploded since the last time I looked, and I fear I've lost the link to whatever it was that the fans were putting together regarding a database of cards.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I play pet decks in Magic all the time, Alloy. You can do raids with me.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
God the Shin'Hare look like complete rear end. Like a parody of a Saturday morning cartoon or something.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Oh god yes. Everything I've heard about PVE is making me really want to see what they've got so far.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Blazing Zero posted:

In that gencon deck list thing, I noticed a most foul and horrible of horrors! The mushwocky is *gulps* no longer hungry! How many shin'hare did it take to satiate him? We must know!
Where is this Gencon list?

Edit: poo poo, nevermind. I literally took a half second to click a thing and found it. For some reason I thought it was squirreled away somewhere.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I'm going to go into this game as a perfectly normal user, since I apparently missed the KS. I guess this isn't too bad, since it'll give me a pure beginner's perspective and I'll be able to make a guide for anyone looking to get into the game in the future. Also, I really wanna make a RB Blood-Ruby Escalation deck. So many big numbers...

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
All of these are based off jokes I don't get except for Basement Dwarves. :saddowns:

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Evernoob posted:

I hope Hex won't include denial/land destruction decks like MTG has in the past decade.
There, now you have a non-lovely opinion.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
l think that is a compIaint that could be filed with the alphabet in general.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

katkillad2 posted:

This is starting to sound like the official Hex forums, I thought we were better than this.
Oh man, let me tell you about a little game called ~Starbound~...

Edit: Though it does suck seeing someone else play with a toy you were also promised. At least Starbound doesn't have a small group being able to play while a the rest wait outside, but Hex is doing it for a good reason, I think.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
I cannot wait to play a version of Magic where Red is a good color (ignoring that Red has been pretty good lately in MtG). Heart of Fire is just so awesome.

• Locked thread