Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Bhodi posted:

Honestly, I don't know! It should work. Try going out of sector and docking it somewhere else?

Actually I figured it out, there's some minimum trade level threshold you need before you can use the software. I don't know what it is, but I screwed around with the stock market for awhile and when I went back it was unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Trying to get into this game and having a rough time. After a few buggy attempts and restarts I finished the controls tutorial, and now they've told me to go find missions to do to aid the war effort. Problem is I can't find a mission to save my life. I've been to 3 sectors now and checked a few of the stations and opened comms with random ships, but it's the same 3 chat options every time. The two directions ones and surrender. Am I missing something or am I just not checking enough stations?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
You can see missions by bringing up the sector map and seeing which stations (if any) have an icon next to them, like a crosshair for a kill mission or a money sign for a trading mission. These missions are both randomly generated and time limited in how long they are available to you.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Any way to grind getting disruptor missiles? I wanna work up the OTAS missions cause their ships are loving ridiculous. Like do any ships drop them more often? Should I forget about playing nice with the Yaki and burn their sectors in hopes that their ships drop them?

EDIT: Also trying to do this in a non modified game, so no mod solutions please!

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

MrBims posted:

You can see missions by bringing up the sector map and seeing which stations (if any) have an icon next to them, like a crosshair for a kill mission or a money sign for a trading mission. These missions are both randomly generated and time limited in how long they are available to you.

Awesome. Right after my post I found my first station defense mission. Thanks!

Galm
Oct 31, 2009

Leal posted:

Any way to grind getting disruptor missiles? I wanna work up the OTAS missions cause their ships are loving ridiculous. Like do any ships drop them more often? Should I forget about playing nice with the Yaki and burn their sectors in hopes that their ships drop them?

EDIT: Also trying to do this in a non modified game, so no mod solutions please!

Any ship that can fire it has a chance of spawning with disruptor missiles, faction doesn't matter.

I generally prefer to abort "Fetch this rare poo poo" mission, the rep loss is minor; somewhere between 1-5%. Just don't do it if it's your first mission or your rep with them is short.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
In AP, OTAS rep is tied to Argon rep and Aldrin is tied to Terran, which is a change from TC where they were separate. I too hate 'Fetch this rare poo poo' missions and won't do it unless it's super easy. Deliver ship missions I'll do if there's a shipyard nearby, otherwise it's combat, combat combat.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I played a shitload of TC with a slew of scripts back in 2011, what changed since then?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Seriously? Read the OP, second paragraph.

Here's some quick CODEA info, I also added it to the OP.
  • Bind CODEA carrier hotkey to something convenient. You'll be using it a lot.
  • All codea ships need pilots. Dock your carrier at a Military Outpost and buy pilots through the CODEA menu. This system is similar to EST.
  • TS and larger require lieutenant and higher pilot ranks. Yes. This is obnoxious.
  • Fighters need MK1 fight, MK2 fight, Nav, docking computer, shields, at least one weapon in cargo, and a pilot before they show up on the list to add to hangar. They can't have vid enhance goggles + seta + boost extension, but can have just one or two of the three.
  • Other ships need the same, plus generally a transporter device and supply comm software if they're a tender.
  • Your carrier should have an ore collector for "combat launch" aka teleporting just outside. That and docking computer on the fighters is basically the entire reason to use CODEA.
  • Ships can't be added to active hangars until they have pilots in them. Use "Transfer all pilots to free cockpits" once they are docked but before you try to add them.
  • Target Distance: Interceptors auto-launch at 10km. Attack Fighters auto-launch at 30km. When recon M5s deployed, increases 30km to 60km.
  • Pilots only gain experience when they are active. You need 6 hours of flight time to get to lieutenant from rookie, only around 2 if you buy them as warrant officer rank.
  • To quickly level up pilots so you can put them in your M6s, go into options, set patrol size to your number of ships, put all ships in the patrol group, "other actions", set patrol and recon to active in an out-of-the-way sector.
  • You should add your fighters to a wing as well, both for sorting on the sector map and so you can manage missile launch %.
  • Tender menu is useful for equipping ships and keeping them stocked with ecells/missiles. Ships are equipped on launch and land, or for m6+, on jump. Accept saves config for next launch but "Arm fighters" equips them now. Be aware it's inclusive - no weapons listed = no weapons on ship.
  • If you have more than one tender, one just acts as a cargo extension to your carrier and follows it around. Just use a single supply tender unless you really need that.

I also added a note for EST requiring at least "Trader" rank. Sorry about that, fatman.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 10, 2013

Stephen
Feb 6, 2004

Stoned
Does anyone have an alternate download link for the EST mod or the full package from the OP? It appears the links are down for both.

I'm also having issues with Universal trader in Albion Prelude. Even after getting my rep all the way up with the Terrans, they still have occasional red fighters randomly blowing up my traders whenever they wander into Terran sectors. Is this a bug, or do I just have to get EST and make sure I blacklist all those sectors?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The full package link is fine, I just double-checked. You can get it through here if you want the direct link.

You'll have to blacklist those sectors until you end the war through the plot.

Stephen
Feb 6, 2004

Stoned

Bhodi posted:

The full package link is fine, I just double-checked. You can get it through here if you want the direct link.

You'll have to blacklist those sectors until you end the war through the plot.

My bad, apparently mega.co.nz doesn't support the Opera browser and returns a dead page. Worked fine in Firefox.

Thanks for the download, by the way!

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Another newb question. I downloaded the SA script pack and installed it via X plugin manager(I think it worked anyway) but I can't really tell what installed, if anything. When I go to Artificial Life settings it says the Plugin detector is dependent on a plot mission. do I need to do a few plot missions before I can use the scripts?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
No, you shouldn't have to.

There's no easy way to tell what scripts are installed from within the game. The list in X plugin manager lite is as good as it gets, if they show up there, they're installed. You can also check in interface, there should be a whole bunch of new hotkeys at the bottom for you to bind (see the OP). Scripts are really just a bunch of files dumped in /t and /scripts directory, and since there's no master list that gets updated, the entire directory just gets read in at load time.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Huh. What IS the deal with the Detector, anyways? I've also got the whole "This plugin is controlled by a plot mission" message when I tried to activate it in the Artificial Life settings, but I figured that was due to the XRM mod which I've installed. If someone can tell me what I have to do in order to activate it, I'd be keen to know.

XRM is a pretty great mod, by the way. You folks who have moved on from the vanilla game ought to give it a look.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
A modified version of detector is actually in the shady business plot line, which is what you're trying to edit. The script itself is enabled by default, though; you can simply buy the ware "Detector Scanner Upgrade" to enable it on your ship.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Okay, I started a new game, have all of the plugins from the mega goon pack running, got the first three ships, and then said screw it and made about 18,000,000 on the Stock Market. I decided it was time to make a fleet of traders but the guide in part 3 of the OP is a bit screwy. The main problem is that there's no Trade Command Software Mk3 at the OTAS shipyard. According to some places online, it's only at Teladi shipyards. I'm I just screwing up here?

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

LP97S posted:

Okay, I started a new game, have all of the plugins from the mega goon pack running, got the first three ships, and then said screw it and made about 18,000,000 on the Stock Market. I decided it was time to make a fleet of traders but the guide in part 3 of the OP is a bit screwy. The main problem is that there's no Trade Command Software Mk3 at the OTAS shipyard. According to some places online, it's only at Teladi shipyards. I'm I just screwing up here?

Nah, you can find it around Argon and Boron sectors as well. The most "central" place to pick it up, at least that I can remember offhand, is from Terracorp HQ in Home of Light, but it's far from the only place to find it. If worse comes to worst, you can always check the in-game encyclopedia, which can be found in the Personal tab on the sidebar, under "Advanced." Software and ship upgrades like that are listed under "Ship Equipment," and when you check the entry it'll list the location of all stations that sell them, assuming you've passed by them at least once.

Valcione fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 11, 2013

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

LP97S posted:

No, that's right. Usually what I do to set up new traders is:
  • Buy some Mistrals (or Mistral Super Freighters) from OTAS in Legend's Home. Make sure to equip them with Jumpdrives.
  • Add them to a wing for easier management
  • Dock them at the Free Argon Trading Station in Legend's Home and max out the Engine Tunings
  • Dock them at one of the Solar Power Plants in Aladna Hill
  • Jump them to PTNI Headquarters to dock at the shipyard there and finish setting them up

It takes maybe 30 minutes for a batch to slowly crawl their way through the whole process, but the only way to speed it up would be either to build your own SPP in Legend's Home or keep a TL full of energy cells standing by, both of which would be a lot more work.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Umm, weird. I have trade command software mk3 offered at mine in my game. I wonder if it's another random script I installed or interaction that's specific to my own game. I'l change the steps.

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008
Thanks for the translation help earlier. I have most of the mods installed now and am happily building my homebase in pirate space. Just a warning using the Hcorp builder, though I might be doing it wrong.. Though you CAN buy a package of stations, the script doesn't lay down complex stations links for me, so it ends up laying down a jumbled mess that is impossible to dock with. For now I've been buying them one at a time and manually installing complex links. Again, if I'm missing something, my bad, but it set me back about 18 million.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

There's no way for a script to create complexes; it's just a limitation of the engine. The way you're supposed to use the Hephaestus corp thing is to lay down that closely-packed pile of stations OOS, then come in with your TL full of Complex Construction Kits and manually connect everything up into one complex. Complex tubes don't collide with connected stations, so it doesn't matter how messy it is or in what order you connect anything. Just be sure to place the complex hub far enough away that ships can approach it without coming near the stationpile.

edit: It should look kind of like this, where H is the complex hub.
code:
       ?$%89023!
       @1/5&@\2/
H------5@23\4/*?
       @_(!\\1/\
       /1)P(4\7/

Nomikos fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 11, 2013

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Nomikos posted:

There's no way for a script to create complexes; it's just a limitation of the engine. The way you're supposed to use the Hephaestus corp thing is to lay down that closely-packed pile of stations OOS, then come in with your TL full of Complex Construction Kits and manually connect everything up into one complex. Complex tubes don't collide with connected stations, so it doesn't matter how messy it is or in what order you connect anything. Just be sure to place the complex hub far enough away that ships can approach it without coming near the stationpile.

edit: It should look kind of like this, where H is the complex hub.
code:
       ?$%89023!
       @1/5&@\2/
H------5@23\4/*?
       @_(!\\1/\
       /1)P(4\7/

Or just use either Complex Cleaner (good) or FDN (better) from the OP. Because seriously, gently caress vanilla complexes.

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008
Okay, so reading the notes about FDN, it doesn't have any sort of functionality prior to getting some type of hub complex? I'm asking because I can't even find an interface with it other than the installer telling me that it is installed. Sigh, this means I'm going to have to hijack at least five more Orcas to pay for it all...

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You need a player owned station to act as your central warehouse. So, a player headquarters, equipment dock, or (my first choice because it's cheapest at 18 million) a trading station. Once you place it, you access FDN from Cycow's Plugin Configuration page (which has a hotkey you bind).

Once you load it, it by default auto-manages all stations you own. It also auto-populates the output resources but not the input ones. So you go to the list, add ware E-cells (for example), then go in for each resources and set each to 'Allow FDN to buy wares' and put a cap on your exports if you want it to auto-sell excess products back into the market. For example, if you're producing meatsteaks or space fuel or weed or whatever, put the cap at 100 (because you might need a few here and there for missions or something).

You won't ever have to dock or be in the same sector as the stations again. In fact, for your frame rate, it's better not to.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 11, 2013

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Bhodi posted:

You need a player owned station to act as your central warehouse. So, a player headquarters, equipment dock, or (my first choice because it's cheapest at 18 million) a trading station. Once you place it, you access FDN from Cycow's Plugin Configuration page (which has a hotkey you bind).

Once you load it, it by default auto-manages all stations you own. It also auto-populates the output resources but not the input ones. So you go to the list, add ware E-cells (for example), then go in for each resources and set each to 'Allow FDN to buy wares' and put a cap on your exports if you want it to auto-sell excess products back into the market. For example, if you're producing meatsteaks or space fuel or weed or whatever, put the cap at 100 (because you might need a few here and there for missions or something).

You won't ever have to dock or be in the same sector as the stations again. In fact, for your frame rate, it's better not to.

So wait, does the system still use TS and TP and the like? I was confused by the post on the eogsoft forums.

Also do you just plop a shitload of un-complexed stations in a sector then let FDN handle the rest?

EDIT: On the surface of things I like the idea of Complex Cleaner better.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright I got me a Truelight Seeker, how should I equip this thing? It seems it can use pretty much every weapon in the game, its shields aint too hot though so ideally I'd want something long range. I'm torn between throwing IBLs onto it or tossing PALCs on it. If controlled by the AI it wont interpret "Shoot this frigate with your 5km+ weapon" as "Drive right up to the rear end of your target while starting to shoot at 5km"?

EDIT: Oh it seems PALCs are ungodly rare. Guess I'll just slap IBLs on it.

Leal fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 12, 2013

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Overwined posted:

Also do you just plop a shitload of un-complexed stations in a sector then let FDN handle the rest?
Exactly.

Transports are still useful to both keep the NPC economy running and for trading goods at your main station. It becomes quite popular unless you disallow NPC trading, since it's a one-stop-shop for basically every factory.

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011

Leal posted:

Alright I got me a Truelight Seeker, how should I equip this thing? It seems it can use pretty much every weapon in the game, its shields aint too hot though so ideally I'd want something long range. I'm torn between throwing IBLs onto it or tossing PALCs on it. If controlled by the AI it wont interpret "Shoot this frigate with your 5km+ weapon" as "Drive right up to the rear end of your target while starting to shoot at 5km"?

EDIT: Oh it seems PALCs are ungodly rare. Guess I'll just slap IBLs on it.

It does not have nearly enough weapon power to use IBLs. Gauss Cannons, because they don't use/use very little energy are your best bet for anti-capital. PSGs only need to fire for a split second to kill all small craft in your front arc within 3km so get a couple of those too. That's about the best way to fit it the community has found, and even with it's gimmickry turned all the way up I wouldn't trust the AI to fly it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Gauss Cannons are terrible OOS weapons because like all other ammo-based weapons they'll use an entire crate of ammo every tick.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Read the OP but it didn't quite answer all my questions. I like to think I had the full experience with Terran Conflict (started back with Reunion then XTM) : completed the campaign, built entirely self-sufficient complexes, boarded ATF ships :getin:, all that good stuff. I gradually lost interest after all that and never came back.
Well, I said I had the full experience, but not quite. Sure, I had transporters and ships patrolling my sectors, but combat was always handled pretty much solo; guess I thought the AI would be a hindrance.

I was waiting for Rebirth to dive back in, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon; maybe Albion Prelude (never played it) + trying out wings/carriers/huge numbers of ships doing my bidding would be enough to keep me interested? That question might sound silly, but this isn't the kind of game where you can just play the drat thing and find out; acquiring a carrier and outfitting it with fully-equipped fighters is a massive undertaking. That's actually one of coolest things about the X series, but it can also suck since I'm not sure I'll have the will to work my way up there again, which prevents me from playing the game at all (i.e. what would be the point?).

(I'm not entirely sure that made sense)

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Yeah, the last one or two times I've picked up X3 I sort of get to the point where I can field one destroyer and maybe a few M7s, then I discover that destroyers are really boring to fly yourself, and they tend to be much more fragile than I expect. What do you mean, my single M2 can't singlehandedly take on three Xenon Js and a K? My M6 could take on any number of other M6es. So I'm at that point in my current game and am a little bit lost where to go next. Building a torpedo complex and outfitting a missile frigate might work, but also results in boring (and very expensive) fights. Do I really just have to have more destroyers than my enemy? Can carriers ever be useful except as a great way to waste money when your fighters get obliterated by flak turrets? Can the AI actually be trusted to use an M8 unsupervised?

My current setup is a Phoenix, fully equipped with Gauss Cannons and ISRs as a dedicated destroyer-destroyer. It's escorted by an Astraeus fitted with nothing but flak cannons and four PBCs (you can easily acquire these by dropping a lasertower and blowing it up before it finishes fully deploying). Any fighters that come within 4km just melt, but if I try to attack an M1 or M2 the Phoenix gets severely beaten up and has to spend like 20 minutes just regenerating its shields. Am I doing something wrong?

(I'm trying to avoid going the M7M route since that's kind of boring. It's an "economic victory", if you will.)

Nomikos fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 12, 2013

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Playing with massive wings of fighters was fun, but it slowed even my beefy machine down to a crawl. I don't know if it's CODEA, large combats in general, or just the game, but the end-plot fights with the xenon invasions were basically slideshows, even with all the settings turned down. I was a bit annoyed. So I never really got a fleet larger than 1 colossus, 1 destroyer, 5 or 6 M6s for escort and my M7M which can single-handedly take out every single enemy ship so I don't really use it.

As far as I can tell, unless you're piloting you're just going to lose destroyers unless you have overwhelming firepower. I wanted to equip a whole bunch of M6s with PBG and see if those worked, since they can tank the flak, and I've never tried M8s at all. Supposedly fighters with mass drivers work well but again you're going to lose a dozen to flak during every engagement so I'm not enthusiastic about it.

On equipping fighters:

Equipping fighters for one colossus for it isn't hard with scripts and the addition of AP's saved ship builds at your PHQ. What I did was (ab)use the advanced races shipyard commission thing; it sucks for larger ships because it goes into hours but fighters only take 15 minutes to "build" and the timers are all concurrent. I had a lot of money so I decided on Spitfyres. The tricky bit was getting enough e-empcs, because they have 8 front mounts but only come with 4.

I already had the hub and put my PHQ in it, so I gate-linked aldrin 2.

First, I commissioned 40 deca M5s, naked except for 4 e-empcs, commanded them all to dock at my PHQ via the 'all docked ships' interface, applied the "empty" equip that I had created thus stripping them all of the weapons, then recycled them all. This was a pretty cost-efficient way of getting them, because the hulls only cost I think 40k each and the guns themselves are something like 120k.

Then, I commissioned 40 equipped spitfyres with the CODEA req's, mk1 fight, mk2 fight, nav, docking computer, max tuning, turning, cargo, docked them at my PHQ, loaded an equip script to transfer 25mj shields (which I built myself) and extra weapons and missiles, plus drones for fun, then docked them all at my carrier. I would NEVER try and equip fighters without advanced races; even if you never touch any of the other stuff it offers, that one feature saves so much hassle.

No sweat! Of course, the spitfyres cost more than the colossus itself... With CODEA, as long as you have 'fighters attack big targets = no' (big=M7, M7m) and 'fighters attack huge targets = no' (M1, M2) they won't suicide themselves into flak cannon nearly as easily.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 12, 2013

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Back in the day I used to play X3: Reunion. I found a Mamba Raider in a terrible minefield, but it quickly became my favourite ship to tool around in and do combat missions because of the speed and small profile (once I learned not to fire missiles in it). Is there one hanging out somewhere in X3: AP? Is there a new and better version? And how would I get a hold of one if I decided to play this game?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

You can always buy a mamba raider. They are fast, but they are pretty flimsy. Personally, I always liked the Nova raider for an easy to acquire M3. Not quite as fast as the mamba, but it does have three times the shielding. There are definitely better ships than both though. The Venti is a badass ride, but tougher to get. 10 energy bolt chainguns is pretty awesome for an M3. Granted, you'll probably want a TM to use as a homebase and restock point.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 12, 2013

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The Venti also has those crazy 'Gatling gun' style mounts.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Hey, remember when hunting abandoned ships that you NEED to claim then before you start repairing. Especially with Kha'ak ships. That was a fun way to lose several hours progress.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Bhodi posted:

Playing with massive wings of fighters was fun, but it slowed even my beefy machine down to a crawl. I don't know if it's CODEA, large combats in general, or just the game, but the end-plot fights with the xenon invasions were basically slideshows, even with all the settings turned down. I was a bit annoyed. So I never really got a fleet larger than 1 colossus, 1 destroyer, 5 or 6 M6s for escort and my M7M which can single-handedly take out every single enemy ship so I don't really use it.

As far as I can tell, unless you're piloting you're just going to lose destroyers unless you have overwhelming firepower. I wanted to equip a whole bunch of M6s with PBG and see if those worked, since they can tank the flak, and I've never tried M8s at all. Supposedly fighters with mass drivers work well but again you're going to lose a dozen to flak during every engagement so I'm not enthusiastic about it.

I was looking forward to pilot a M6 or M7 while a billion fighters (coming from a Carrier, itself protected by a couple of M6) zip around the battlefield, or having a wing of bombers take out the capital ships while I took care of the trash. From what you're saying it doesn't sound very viable, though :/

Well, I'm still planning to give this a shot, currently looking through the OP's recommended scripts. I vaguely remember something that would improve the in-game universe map. Does something like that still exists? The deafult map (pre-AP, at least) was pretty bad.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Apparently one feature of CODEA is the ability to dock M6s and M8s in your carriers if you have a leveled-up Scientist and Mechanic on board? I could be misreading the post. That sounds weird and overpowered and really annoying to set up. But at least you'd be able to have a bomber wing without having to figure out a half-assed gimmicky M3 loadout for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
I played AP with only the official bonus pack mods and was able to field 15+ fighters, 2+ M2s, and an M1 in-sector with only small hiccups in framerate. That was with an old Q6600 @ 3ghz, 6 gigs of ram, and a Radeon 4870. I remember reading that the extra AI scripts could be real CPU hogs, so your mileage may vary depending on your hardware and the mods you're running.

It's definitely possible to field large fleets and still actually play, though honestly there's not all that much that can challenge large fleets like that, everything becomes pretty trivial. Only real threat was the increased use of anti-capital ship missiles AI fleets fielded in AP vs the almost none they used in TC. Even those can be mitigated by anti-missile orders on flak and bonus pack's mosquito missile defense script.

• Locked thread