Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Does X3AP still poo poo on your patrol missions and such by jumping in large defense fleets all over everything so you can't get any kills? I think that was the main reason I stuck with TC when I last played X3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Giggily posted:

You poor fool. Why would you do anything besides run Taxi missions?

Skipping every entertaining part of the game is an interesting suggestion. If I ever pick this game up instead of TC, I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. Thanks!

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Well, from the looks of it I hate every single thing about X:Rebirth except graphics. And I'm guessing those are flawed also if the game isn't running properly of average computers.

gently caress Egosoft.

Might pick up this one day if it's on a Steam sale for under 5 bucks though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

BastardySkull posted:

Just give up playing this poo poo loving game.

It'd be great if it was just a slightly simplified X3 with a working map, no station insides, one contact point for each station. Oh and if it actually ran on decent machines.

How long did they work on Stillbirth? They could've just taken X3AP and spent that time on a small graphics update, UI work, complex chassis (as opposed to spiderweb), even bigger universe and I dunno... draw a unique cockpit for every single drat ship during the leftover months/years and everyone that matters would've been happy.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Don't bother buying it now. Steam summer sales are coming and it's the best opportunity to pick up dubious most potentially terrible games like this.

Five bucks. Five bucks, Egosoft, and you have yourselves a deal good sires.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

You know looking at the recent space games in development, seeing the amount of progress they're making in such a short amount of time... we all are really desperate for space games, x series is seriously awful.

I can't even compel myself to reinstall AP to get my space fix, who wants to navigate 6 deep nested menus.

Seriously enemy starfighter, elite: dangerous, eve valkyrie, that other game...

I kinda feel bad for egosoft.

I think Egosoft could've easily stayed in the niche they were in with the pre-Rebirth X games. While they had "deep nested" menus, there were more than enough people who were fine with it due to the complexity and options the game offered in exchange. With Rebirth they seem to be aiming for the same less complex mainstream that all those other space games are also gunning for.

And now in hindsight as we can say Rebirth is a big turd, I don't think they'll fare too well in that crowd.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I take back my earlier comment. Don't buy this thing even for five bucks, people.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

insidius posted:

Its reddit I know but the guide is comprehensive and it is what I used:

http://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/1t7ft0/howto_real_captains_dont_use_keyboards/

I was already close to the edge but this poo poo just... nngh. Wonder if my AP is still installed :stare:

Now I know what I'm doing next weekend. Any suggestions for a decent mic that's not integrated to headphones? I'm thinking some light mic with attachment around an ear might work well. I wonder if my neighbors will wonder why some rear end in a top hat is yelling in the middle of the night "COMPUTER rear end in a top hat SQUADRON LAUNCH SHOOT EVERYTHING gently caress COMPUTER WEAPONS LEFT TURRET SET MISSILE DEFENSE"

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

insidius posted:

Its so worth it. Now I just wish I could last longer than an hour in the game to experience this whole fleet thing that seems to be going on.

Then I could command my fleet from afar with the silky tones of my voice.

It is pretty fun, although I'm having slightly differing opinions with Windows Voice Recognition. Getting phrases of wisdom like "Can host boils" on "scan hostiles". But I just put enough misinterpreted phrases into the macro file and things are smooth.

Now I'm starting to think voice recognition combined with Rift. Just imagine a space game like Elite:Dangerous with Rift and supported voice commands so you can just forget yourself into space and talk to your computer until you starve away in real life :allears:

I would be okay with that death.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Dongattack posted:

Edit: You plonk them on Military Bases apparantly :)

And wait... and wait... and wait... and wait... and...

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Did Rapid Response Fleets in X3:AP ever get toned down? If not, can anyone recommend a mod that does so? Either completely disabling them or toning them down is fine. I don't mind somewhat sane RRF's, as long as they're not massive overkill fleets that destroy every single thing, including all my mission/invasion targets, in a matter of seconds.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

If they only took X3AP, updated the graphics and added cool looking complex chassis of various sizes which house stations instead of me having to make spiderwebs, I'd be happy. I'm sure they're gonna let Rebirth bleed in and poo poo up the proper X4 game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Bernardo Orel posted:

Station are modular, you don't plop down "solar station L" but let's say a dock module and you add a storage module, a living quarters, and whatever... you know few modules at the start and discover more of them over time.

No more laggy space spaghetti? Amen to that.

See Egosoft? This is all I wanted. X3 with prettier graphics and better stations. All I wanted. But no, you had to go make that one loving diseased rear end in a top hat of a game. Better late than never tho!

• Locked thread