Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I would assume New Orleans is verse 7, and that it's hidden somewhere in Armstrong Park. It's the closest "big" park to the river (except for Audobon Park uptown). And because of the mask imagery and the word "Preservation" I think it's close to the French Quarter.

EDIT: Preservation hall is at 726 st. peter St.

I bet the jewel is hidden on the corner of st. peter and N rampart., right where the park starts.

"Preservation Hall. Now that's where you'll find all of the greats." — Louis Armstrong

Maguro fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

It's turquoise and it's the inset below the moon. And the hunt STARTS at Preservation Hall I'm sure of it. The lat and long I posted earlier are correct. We just need to figure out what the 19 stands for. As for parks there is Louis Armstrong park to the north and east on google maps.

https://plus.google.com/116787422002015701047/about?gl=us&hl=en

I suspected the same thing on the 2nd page of this thread. And the quote I posted further solidifies our theory.

The treasure is almost certainly at the corner of St. peter and N. Rampart.

Right where armstrong park begins.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

I live in uptown New Orleans, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to go check out the spot. Also anyone interested in the New orleans cask go read my post on page 2. It solidifies that it's in Armstrong park in my mind.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Dude! Print out the picture and the verse and walk the route. You know you want to! I think just being there with the picture and the verse may be all you need to finish this thing off. You might also find out who does the ground keeping for the park so whoever wants to dig can get permission.

Edit: I really like the "giant step" being musical. Look for something at the park like that.

There is a Giant trumpet statue there, but I'm not sure how old it is. I also think it is surrounded by concrete.

I need to find a really long metal rod (probably just get one from the Hardware store.) But even if I hit something I would need to dig kinda far down pretty quick, and there is a fair chance that It might be a rock or an old brick or something. The park is located right next to a very active police station.

What law would I be breaking if I was searching for treasure in Armstrong park? They would probably just cart me off to a mental ward.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Bloke posted:

New Orleans

Ok so running north toward the mississipi gets me to here

I think these objects are on the clock hand, which is next to a telegraph pole

Google maps http://goo.gl/maps/kjbsT

I think that's it....I live some 5 thousand miles away so can't do any more.

Side note, further down the path is a lamp post with 19 on it. 19 is in the picture but other than the number there is nothing special about it as far as I can tell

I think those are the newer bike-locking places that they are putting all over town.

I actually live about a block away from Audobon park. If you guys can narrow down a location I would feel a lot more comfortable poking around there rather than Armstrong park. Way less police walking around.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

justsomedude posted:

NEW ORLEANS

Okay, here is an illustration of what I am saying. The cask would be buried in one of the four subdivided lawn quadrants within the outer sidewalk ring. I pointed to one of them in your photo, but of course, I'm not sure which of the four it is! The way you would determine it, if my hunch is correct, is by standing at the base of the flagpole, facing in the general direction of Preservation Hall (I'm aware that you can't see it from there), and choosing the lawn quadrant on your right (or 3 o'clock). That is exactly where the second-hand is pointing in the image! Each of those lawn quadrants is a literal "giant step" away from the "giant pole!"

If those sidewalks looked about like that in 1982, that is where that fuckin' cask is buried! The signs are right! Every clue is explained! I'm a crazy person!

e: It is also possible that the second-hand is just there to look like a "shadow" cast by the minute-hand's "pole," helping the viewers understand that the minute-hand represents the flag pole. If that is the case, you'd step to the grassy quadrant in the direction of Preservation Hall. This might actually make more sense, as there are literally two arrows pointing to the word "PRESERVATION" in the image.

ee: That said, my gut is telling me you step to your 3 o'clock. The thing I really like about that is that the circle literally falls into the grassy mid-section of the concentric circles, pointing exactly where you are supposed to dig.

I'm gonna try this out on monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Bloke posted:

Great I can forget audubon park.

http://goo.gl/maps/3dHGO

The place where jewels abound has a park called harlequin park, that figure in the clock is a harlequin.

I have a feeling this is going to involve reading up on gemology.

That park is waaaaay on the other side of town. There is no way it's hidden there. It's not even a notable or large park.