Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

GEMorris posted:

No, that build is pretty awful and more than one goon was rudely awakened when they tried to start doing group content and no one wanted to group with them.

That skill point plan is literally the worst advancement plan I have ever seen for this game.
What level group content? I tanked all of Solomon island with 4 buttons (that are on that suggested guide), agitator and fluid defense. If a DPS showed up in like QL 8s-10s I just let him tank the mob for me if he happened to get aggro. I did pretty much every instance and quest on Solomon island which left me at like ~150AP so you should be able to branch out perfectly fine from there. Honestly that guide is really AP cheap in the grand scheme of things so I'm kind of wondering how people were rudely awakened if they're any decent at MMOs already.

Push comes to shove, the normal mode group content is brain dead easy and tuned very low as long as you don't stand in fire regularly and keeping aggro as a tank is brain dead easy in Solomon Island if you have Escalation or Blade Torrent + agitator unless a QL 10 DPS comes along for the ride. DPS can practically do anything too.

Personally I don't think it's the best advice to just give a flat build but I am sure there are people who want it. You're probably better off mentioning the search tool, and how if you want to use an ability like Blade Torrent you should identify the properties of Blade Torrent and search on that to find abilities that go well with it. Blade Torrent -> Frenzy -> Leeching Frenzy. Do that type of practice if you want to assemble builds on your own. Otherwise hit the Google machine and jut type your favorite two weapons and solo build and look for forum posts in 2013 and use common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread