Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

guppy posted:

- A tip for newbie deck building: don't ever base your build, either solo or group builds, around exploiting Hindered or Impaired. In group's you can't use them at all because they prevent the tank from interrupting, but even in solo play, Hinders and Impairs are either unreliable (e.g., proc chance) or on long cooldowns/Elites.
A good thing about Hinder is that it will proc even if the target is resistant to it, but that's getting removed in 1.7 I think. I've seen a few builds which use the Close Quarters passive and rely on that. I found Hinder (mostly Whiteout/Coldwave/Sticky Drone) useful for soloing until Transylvania, where a lot of mobs are resistant to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
From previous thread:

Zhaan posted:

Can I ask what the rest of the build is? I'm already gathering gear for a leech build, I might as well use it in more than dungeons.
It's AR/Ele, relying on Blaze-spam for damage and AR for healing and building.

Actives:
1. Safety Off
2. Anima Burst
3. Three Round Burst
4. Transfuse Anima/Shot of Anima
5. Lightning Manifestation
6. Blaze
7. Whiteout

Passives:

1. Extra Bullet
2. Anticoagulant
3. Ferocity
4. Aidelon
5. Insult to Injury
6. Healing Sparks
7. Forged in Fire (before I had this, it was Contortionist)

It's not the most practical of builds, because you need an Outer Ring Hammer elite and Outer Ring Elementalism elite, but it's pretty drat unkillable, no matter how much I try. The only real issue I have is that sometimes with the long range of AR, I hit Safety Off one time too many and pull a second mob, but it has enough healing that I can survive that as well. Every now and then I switch out the passives depending on what I'm fighting.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Oh yeah, this is a link of all the crafting recipes available. The game doesn't really tell you what the deal is with some of these (gadgets I'm looking at you), so I found this really useful for reference. http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:craft-patterns

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Zhaan posted:

Thanks. I have all of those unlocked already (except Forged, but I have Contortionist), so I might give it a shot while I'm grinding up the AP for some other skills.
Others have posted far more practical looking leech builds in thread already! Try those too!

Also thanks for the Darkness Wars info Cheston. I could never really figure out what was going on there.

A wiki would be nice I think. I've got some folklore/location/lore info I could contribute.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I like to combine this with the Assassin's Creed Templars, and say that the Moon Landing was a Templar plot.

While poking around, I found this comparison of the real life New York location that someone on the forums did:

More at the link. There's a bunch of other places which are based on IRL places too, which I've been meaning to find out more about. Would that sort of thing be worth adding to a potential wiki?

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 5, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I did an elite today using my solo Ele/AR build (which I used in Transylvania).

I wouldn't recommend doing that precisely, because the group I was really bad and kept wiping at the Primordial Dweller so at one point I just said "gently caress it" and switched to my solo build. But yeah, totally can be done.

Edit: You do need different builds for solo content and dungeon content, but the combination of AR/Ele can be used for both at least until Nightmare level.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 5, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I just like setting things on fire :shobon:

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Not So Fast posted:

I'm kind of curious if Ealdwic is based on anywhere in London.
The station itself is based on Covent Garden station:

And the photo on the Wikipedia page for Aldwych does look familiar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldwych

I'll look into it some more, but my character's an Illuminati so I might not get around to doing Temple Court.

Also Zephro: are you also Zephro in-game? Cos I'm Zepho, so I can see some confusing fun times if we group :D

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Also, remember you can repeat missions. There are a fair few in Kingsmouth which offer good XP for minimal effort, and you can make a quick cycle out of them. The one I had was from Agartha, Bullets for Andy (from truck) -> Missing Person Quest (from board in Sheriff's office) -> Courier mission (Che) and RC helicopter -> Danny's flamethrower. Then from the dump you can run up towards the church, pick up the laundry lady side quest from the car crash and finish up at the church. I probably spent more time typing this up on my phone than it takes to finish those missions, and most of them just require you to take item A to point B (the courier one makes you kill a wendigo).

Also ask around in #awful (type "/chat join awful" in the chat window) and see if anyone's around who can help you out for a bit.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Horse Head Office
Pyramid Head Scheme
Just plain old "Awful Incorporated"

HughGRect posted:

Geary's Army
Geary's Goonsquad

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

We could go all current events and be "Prism Surveillance".

Actually, that works a little too well with the pyramid and all seeing eye stuff that it makes me a little :tinfoil:

Edit: though if we're going conspiracies, The Build-A-Burger Group

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 9, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Pfft more like DERPA

My favourite area is the Roman era Sol Glorificus in Egypt from the Last Train to Cairo mission chain. Running through there with an assault rifle on your back ruins the immersion a bit, but the whole thing is lively, interesting and fun. I guess it's not in the "modern MMO" spirit and has more of an Assassin's Creed sort of feel to it though.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

xanthan posted:

Is it just Funcompetence applied to a taco eating animation?

Also, I guess really mundane uses for Chaos magic.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Fewd posted:

unless you chew lsd and shrooms all day every day

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Cheston posted:

I'm definitely gonna make a wiki now. Please suggest domain names/titles, because I can't think of anything to register and I don't want to wait and see if the obvious domain names expire.
The Secret Wiki?

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Wicker's Wiki is a bit esoteric, silly and roundabout, but I enjoy it as a name.
Wickerpedia? E: probably already belongs to a basket weaving wiki or something though

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

The Secret World is 50% off on Steam today at $15, tell all your friends to visit.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I'm on Cerberus, and Fusang is Illuminati dominated virtually all the time. The faction buff for questing and dungeons is nice at least.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Found someone in London who had happened upon the only good use for any of the new cash shop clothes:

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I've been meaning to practice tanking (and maybe even testing out this heal set and build) so I'd totally be happy to run people through elites or normals if I'm around.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

orcane posted:

Also wow, they want 1280 points for that princess outfit, with lifetime discount, so 1600 without it :wtc:
But it's such a nice tiara :allears:

If you buy one of those outfits account-wide, does it get unlocked for both female and male characters or do you have to buy the versions separately? Because now I want to make a Jaime Lannister Templar alt...

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Allatum posted:

So the horse head mask is still amazing. I'm redoing content just to see it.
Is there some sort of goon horse hivemind or something? I took these screencaps before you posted this, honest.

I found out recently that the shrooms effect persists in cutscenes.

Also, I redid the entire Issue 6 mission chain today and my new favourite is the cutscene at the end of The Prisoner. Couldn't get a screencap because it goes too fast, but imagine this headbutting someone:

edit: Oh and today we managed to bug out the Flagellatrix Superior in Hell Eternal somehow, which resulted in the entire party wiping and the quest updating anyway, so we just skipped her and went straight to Iscariot, Cassius and Brutus.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 27, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Fun fact: Tokyo literally has a gate to hell. Though it has sort of already appeared in-game. Anyone wanna take me through Hell Fallen again so I can take a closer look?

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I bought about 100 of them. I got set on fire a lot and now have a lot of tacos. I got a bunch of those toolkit upgraders though. It's funny, if those had existed a month ago I never would have bothered to start running dungeons with goons.

Is there any indication as to when issue 7 is coming out? It would kinda suck if all this content was just sitting there and we had to wait another month for it to activate... That new Ca d'Oro vendor has things I need dammit.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

JayJay posted:

Anyone got a trial key I can have? Preemptive sorry for making GBS threads up the thread.
Don't apologise! They give us veteran points for referrals, which you can use to buy a sombrero! I'm always sad I don't get in here quick enough to post one.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Slig posted:

Dawning of an Endless Night - Players can now enter the Blue Ridge Mine
Yeah alright that one's pretty important.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Yeah I noticed earlier today I was getting my rear end kicked a little harder than normal on a Transylvania quest with Nightmare mobs, despite using the same soloing build as usual. Figures that it's a patch issue.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I was actually doing a little better than usual soloing, but that might just be having more luck with fighting the Romans in the bathhouse than usual.
Haven't done any Carpathian stuff yet, but the particular ones I was having trouble with were the werewolves. Didn't really fight enough vampires to be sure

Cleretic posted:

I was actually doing a little better than usual soloing, but that might just be having more luck with fighting the Romans in the bathhouse than usual.
I really need to start parsing poo poo or something because after doing a few more Transylvania missions, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm imagining things. The nightmare werewolves in Besieged Farmlands felt harder but the fungi in Shadowy Forest felt normal, for example.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad about cheating on the investigation missions. To do them all without help, you'd need to be able to read musical notation, circuit diagrams, ISBN numbers, Futhark runes and Egyptian hieroglyphs, at a bare minimum.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

New page, new horse adventures

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Well yeah, while it's possible to solo all the investigation missions without guides, personally I'd find that really unfun hours of frustration, so I don't. I'm playing a game, after all.

Not to mention guide usage isn't all or nothing - at least one site has different tiers of hints, and I know sometimes I just need a nudge in the right direction or confirmation that I'm just not doing [particular thing game wants me to do] right.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Nombres posted:

If that's fun for you, I'm delighted - I legitimately liked the Egypt investigation quest where you had to puzzle out the hieroglyphs, since I had taken a very short open course on Middle Egyptian when I was younger and I was happy I finally got to use that crap.
:hfive: useless knowledge buddy!

Basically yeah, that's my original point. Don't feel bad about having to look poo poo up or use guides. That's it, really.

My least favourite investigation mission is The Red Thread in the Carpathians, because the puzzles themselves were kind of poo poo and tied together extremely loosely, while the payoff was just dumping large amounts of exposition on you lazily with emo diary entries. Plus the title doesn't make sense in context because it's a Japanese saying. :spergin:

Frindevil posted:

If anyone has a trial key that would be great thanks, I'd love to try it. Even though it's only $10 I want to see :)

frindevil at gmail dot com or PM or message if you can help.
2YBD2XGMNDCN2DN2K25S

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I admit, trash talking Templars is fun. I spent an hour on Fusang doing it once and it was pretty entertaining. Which is probably why I was sorted into Slytherin picked Illuminati in the first place.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

We just had a condenser drop in Hell Eternal at the final boss!

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Cheston posted:

I hadn't realized that Luminata (the girl in the Romany camp) actually says she's been told that so many people with magic powers are showing up because Gaia is protecting herself. It was an ambient line, has that always been there?
Yeah I heard that when I was hanging out there the other day. She also mentions that Zaha likes girls :j: Don't remember if it was pre or post-patch though.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

The1DevoidoName posted:

I wanted to try this world of surreptitious sorcery.

Can someone be so good as to PM me a referral key?
Key: 3G5YJMD7V99ZK22XC776

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Daddar posted:

I'm trying to register for the trial that I got through the email but it keeps telling me to retype the password. I've tried about 6 different passwords and it's rejecting anything I try. How do I make a freaking account for this dumb game?
I think it only accepts letters and numbers, no special characters. I seem to remember having a similar problem when trying to sign up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there a way to do an in-game ticket? I took Bring It Bach but when I used the camera to pick it up I never got it, and since I can't drop or restart the quest at will, and I've completed the other side missions I have, I can't pause it. So how the gently caress do I fix this?
/petition

I got a Golem of Water pet today, after the clusterfuck that has been the guardian of gaia event so far

• Locked thread