Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cheston posted:

Just, all of you, stop now. The horse is dead.

And on someone's face!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Crafting is awful because splitting the stack sucks. Is there a way to hold 15 of an item in the cursor and drop it one-by-one with a click? I feel like there would be, especially with crafting how it is, but I haven't found it yet so I feel stupid.

Pretty sure if you right click with a stack in your cursor you drop down one unit, like in Minecraft.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zephonith posted:

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad about cheating on the investigation missions. To do them all without help, you'd need to be able to read musical notation, circuit diagrams, ISBN numbers, Futhark runes and Egyptian hieroglyphs, at a bare minimum.

The way I do it, I do the minimum of puzzling to where I get what the gimmick the mission wants you to know, and then I google it afterwards.

As an Illuminati, it feels fitting in-character. "Oh, okay, it wants this, I'll google it on my loving smart phone. :v:"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Floppy Dingo posted:

Hey I wanted to try this game for some time, but I don't want to drop money on it and find out I don't enjoy it, so could someone toss me a trial key please?

ASPCQNNXLK6UDRARXF3C

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yes, once you unlock an outfit, you can wear it whenever.

You should also check out Pangaea for more clothes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

They don't have any of their TSW tshirts here assholes.

If I knew any better I'd just say they're hiding them from you.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

At least I kept my ghostbuster pack. But seriously Issue 8 is just garbage all around.

Edit: I got my ban lifted just to be banned again an hour and a half later. I hadn't even got to post yet.

Sometimes I feel like they read this thread just for reasons to ban you.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

Well if they didn't make such lovely decisions I wouldn't have to get angry in their hugbox.

Yes, well, if Funcom didn't make lovely decisions they wouldn't be Funcom, now would they? :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You can hang in mumble without using the voice comm part of it. Hell, most of the time when I hung out in mumble, I didn't talk, just text chatted.

Most people will usually mention in chat what they say in voice, as well.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Brain In A Jar posted:

Literally the only bad thing about M-Tizzle is the bullshit Cleanup meta, other than that I love that fight like an adopted child.

I could do without the insta-self-gibs from "my attack was in midair and the shield went up, gently caress", but yeah, it's so much fun aside from Cleanup horseshit.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Pinely posted:

Admittedly, I've cheated several times. Morse code is involved at one point and I spent about a half an hour trying to learn morse code and just said gently caress it.

I used a morse code translating app on my smartphone for that. My character has a smartphone herself, why wouldn't she just do the same? :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nauta posted:

This is true but also applies to every other MMO on the market, too.

Not just MMOs, look at Terraria.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I said come in! posted:

MMO's that make most of their content soloable are poorly designed and completely missing the point.

No, they're modern. Forced grouping is a thankfully-dead relic of the late 90s/early 00s.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Frankenstein Dad posted:

You're justified, but they might also be justified.

I dunno, IMHO anyways, I'd feel a lot more good-will towards Funcom if they'd just outright come out and say "yeah look, we're aware it's broken, it's on our list of poo poo to fix, it'll be addressed as we have the time/manpower available for it". At least that's honest. Just adding my two cents. :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Having done 18s and even some of the later nightmares with some of the people that gulps is having a fit about, unless you basically act like gulps, they're chill people who are more than happy to explain poo poo to you.

It's when you act like a boneheaded idiot who is immune to criticism that they either have nothing to do with you or call you out for being a boneheaded idiot. :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Not mine, saw it retweeted by the official TSW twitter, but if this is any indication of the tutorial quality, it'll help a lot:

(sorry for the lovely small image, twitter :shrug:)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sekenr posted:

I'd go for a Polaris NM if 3 other people manage to get together

I could DPS a Polaris NM.

Also there was at least one other person logged in on the Illuminati cabal last night, unless TSW as a "auto-promote someone due to guild leader inactivity" function now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

May have been me. I signed in and talked to a guy for a bit last night while I slummed a normal Polaris with a scrub tank who ate every aoe. Dude isn't training for nightmares at all :colbert:

Nah, wasn't talking. It was probably Zeph.

Also I need to get Seal the Deal probably before I go a-nightmaring.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Out of curiosity, what was that accepted Transylvania quest rotation that was fast XP?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

All of the ones that funcom just gave 18 hour cooldowns.

It used to be any of the ones marked "hard" at ql10 but since they lowered the timers and difficulties it's the ones in those patch notes.

Edit: Or you could just do all of Transylvania. That's what I did every three days when I was unemployed and job hunting/doing homework.

Yeah, that's what I did, I just ran around and did poo poo in Transylvania and now I have Seal the Deal. :toot:

So dumb question, how decent is 1500 DPS? That's about what I'm doing in the training room according to ACT with a 10.3 AR/10.2 elemental focus.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I alternate between a labcoat and Carmen Sandiego cosplay. :3:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Morglon posted:

The world's your office and your job is to refile suckers under R for rekt. Nobody's gonna correct your spelling either 'cause holy poo poo you just cut that elder horror in half and now you're looking at me like that oh look at the time I left something in the oven.

I feel like this could be the tag line on a Lumi recruiting poster. :allears:

E: These are the two outfits I bounce between, and yes I know I need a hat for the latter of the two. Maybe when I give funcom money for issues I'll add in a bit more to get the red fedora to finish the look.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 23, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jesus, that all sounds completely awful, and is going to stifle it in the crib.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jesus, that sounds FlyFF levels of bad.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Exmond posted:

I don't think Secret World Legends will be as bad as SWTOR, maybe it will achieve Neverwinter levels of badness.

Ehhh, unless there's a massive duplication glitch that allows for the creation of absurd amounts of cash currency and Funcom refuses to do a rollback/wipe, I don't think it'll hit Neverwinter level bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

Like the Eblis BB one?

I must have missed this. Do tell. :allears:

• Locked thread