Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I do want to get this game but I'm waiting for the reviews since I normally don't like paying $60 for games based on licensed properties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Memnaelar posted:

Yeeeeeeah. Has anyone dropped a line to Steam that that should read 9 hours, not 22?

Again, the steam countdown thing is known for being inaccurate. I confirmed with my Valve guy we're set for midnight EST tonight for the North/South American version.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

strategery posted:

When is the embargo up for this game? It is a bit strange there are no reviews yet. Or is it one of those things where there is an embargo on the embargo and nobody is allowed to know? Please dont be horrible.

Midnight tonight.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Scorchy posted:

Midnight tonight.

I don't have any confirmation on when the embargo's up but if it's midnight, I wouldn't expect many reviews to be posted at midnight due to traffic being so low at that time. I would expect them to start coming out at maybe 8am launch day. Again though, I'm not in the loop on that so this is just my guess.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

bilperkins2 posted:

I don't have any confirmation on when the embargo's up but if it's midnight, I wouldn't expect many reviews to be posted at midnight due to traffic being so low at that time. I would expect them to start coming out at maybe 8am launch day. Again though, I'm not in the loop on that so this is just my guess.

Thanks for being so amazing. Not too often you get someone so close to the product in here that just answers questions. I'm pre-loading it right now, I was just curious regarding the reviews.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

strategery posted:

Thanks for being so amazing. Not too often you get someone so close to the product in here that just answers questions. I'm pre-loading it right now, I was just curious regarding the reviews.

I'm just glad no one here's taking anything out of context, posting it elsewhere (at least that I've seen) etc. I posted a little bit on Reddit, nothing that wasn't public knowledge or common sense, and then was greeted with this in my google alert:

http://www.thirteen1.com/2014/03/02/south-park-stick-truth-censored-scenes-fully-removed-discs-avoid-hot-coffee-situation/

They quote me directly but leave out that I was responding to someone asking how to re-enable the censored content on the disc. They made it seem like I had confirmed the censorship was done BECAUSE of us wanting to avoid a Hot Coffee situation, while in fact I was just pointing out that the files themselves were removed from the disc for that reason, not that we had done the censoring in the first place because of it. I ended up deleting my reddit account and all my posts because of that. :(

Stuff like that is what scares us away from saying anything at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bilperkins2 posted:

If an embargo is up at midnight, it goes up at midnight. Traffic may be low but there's no benefit to be gained especially since sites like Metacritic take time to put the reviews up.

bilperkins2 posted:

I'm just glad no one here's taking anything out of context, posting it elsewhere (at least that I've seen) etc. I posted a little bit on Reddit, nothing that wasn't public knowledge or common sense, and then was greeted with this in my google alert:

http://www.thirteen1.com/2014/03/02/south-park-stick-truth-censored-scenes-fully-removed-discs-avoid-hot-coffee-situation/

They quote me directly but leave out that I was responding to someone asking how to re-enable the censored content on the disc. They made it seem like I had confirmed the censorship was done BECAUSE of us wanting to avoid a Hot Coffee situation, while in fact I was just pointing out that the files themselves were removed from the disc for that reason, not that we had done the censoring in the first place because of it. I ended up deleting my reddit account and all my posts because of that. :(

Reddit is a cruel place.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Midnight PST is when the embargo is up.

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/440581085064605696

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Has anyone determined how long this game is? I already have it paid for and preloaded, but I want to know how much time to set aside for it. Have any of the streamers given a number?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

Has anyone determined how long this game is? I already have it paid for and preloaded, but I want to know how much time to set aside for it. Have any of the streamers given a number?

Most people are saying 12-15 hours.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Holy poo poo that's a lot longer than I was expecting. Hot drat. Also, does the PC version have controller support? Steam doesn't seem to list it...

EDIT: Never mind, Ubisoft says yes. Whew.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That's kinda short considering it's an RPG. On the other hand though, that means it's not too long either.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm wondering if that's with doing all the sidequests and stuff, because there was one streamer that hadn't even finished the first major plot quest after 4 hours because he was doing so many sidequests around the town.

Still, I'm at the point where 15 hours is the sweet spot. I don't have 100 hours to dump into rpgs anymore, so this is perfect.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Starhawk64 posted:

That's kinda short considering it's an RPG. On the other hand though, that means it's not too long either.

Yeah, not sure if I want 30 hours of South Park. :v:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anything between 15 and 30 hours would satisfy me. Hopefully there'll be a poo poo ton of side stuff to enjoy.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ghetto Prince posted:

I had no idea that people outside of America watched south park. :psyduck:

Yup, it's actually one of the most thoroughly-dubbed shows on a worldwide level, and it's impressive what they manage to do given how language-sensitive some bits are (like the episode "It Hits the Fan" had to match the new swear word with the counter in the lower-left, which is easier said than done in some languages. Of course, outside of the States no one gives a gently caress about swearing so the kids have been full-on swearing from Season 1. And the show is still rated 10 and up in France).

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

$45 from Green Man Gaming with voucher vrw14x-m2yveu-b0c9ot

Activates and pre-loads on Steam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

univbee posted:

Yup, it's actually one of the most thoroughly-dubbed shows on a worldwide level, and it's impressive what they manage to do given how language-sensitive some bits are (like the episode "It Hits the Fan" had to match the new swear word with the counter in the lower-left, which is easier said than done in some languages. Of course, outside of the States no one gives a gently caress about swearing so the kids have been full-on swearing from Season 1. And the show is still rated 10 and up in France).

Even Japan watches it and has made references to in a few shows.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

univbee posted:

The German dub is unimaginably poo poo. Fortunately it's also available in English.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Even Japan watches it and has made references to in a few shows.

Even Arthur, a kids' show that targets the 6-10 crowd, referenced loving South Park.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This *has* been a great thread and, honestly, been the difference between my pre-ordering the game and otherwise waiting to see how it turned out. Very excited to see it unlock tonight.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Behonkiss posted:

Do you know the 360 version's file size?

Missed this question earlier. It's about 5GB or so on all platforms.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bilperkins2 posted:

Missed this question earlier. It's about 5GB or so on all platforms.

Can you describe what separates the different classes? Is it effectively aesthetic given the style of combat, or does one class suit a particular playstyle more than others?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Are there any early reports about the game's length? Just curious. I don't expect and kinda hope it isn't crazy long.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Timett posted:

Are there any early reports about the game's length? Just curious. I don't expect and kinda hope it isn't crazy long.

Not to be a dick but this was literally answered on this page.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
You should be a dick. I deserve it.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

Pivit posted:

Not working!

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Just finished the game. 17 hours. Play on hard if you are a veteran gamer, otherwise fights will be too easy once you get the hang of them (it'll be quick).

Butters and Jimmy are the best buddies :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Simple Simon posted:

Not working!

Are you sure you have it entered right? It works here.

God, I'm awful tempted to preorder but deeply afraid it's going to end up being a fizzle. I'm not the biggest South Park fan in the world but I love Obsidian games.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

ImpAtom posted:

God, I'm awful tempted to preorder but deeply afraid it's going to end up being a fizzle. I'm not the biggest South Park fan in the world but I love Obsidian games.

If you like both South Park and RPGs, you'll like this game. If you don't like either, you probably won't like this game. Simple as that.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Decided to watch the South Park movie in preparation for tonight, still the best drat thing to come out of the show, seeing how much they progressed from the art now since then is also pretty phenomenal, through I prefer the more simple look they had in the early seasons when there were less dynamtic shots and poses.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can you describe what separates the different classes? Is it effectively aesthetic given the style of combat, or does one class suit a particular playstyle more than others?

They're not SUPER different but they all have different abilities that aren't just aesthetic in difference.

Furism posted:

Just finished the game. 17 hours. Play on hard if you are a veteran gamer, otherwise fights will be too easy once you get the hang of them (it'll be quick).

Butters and Jimmy are the best buddies :allears:

How much of the side quests did you do? How many Friends did you end up with in the end? Always curious how long it takes people to play through it and how much they finished.

BTW for future reference, number of Friends is a good indicator of Side Quest completion, as pretty much all of them end up with you getting a Friend. Not the best indicator as there's a lot that are literally "talk to the person, get a Friend", but whatever.

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 3, 2014

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah, I think I'm going to get this. I've spent $60 on worse things. *cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough* 12-15 hours is a good length considering I don't have as much time for games anymore and the gameplay and humor seems pretty rock solid.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pixeltendo posted:

Decided to watch the South Park movie in preparation for tonight, still the best drat thing to come out of the show, seeing how much they progressed from the art now since then is also pretty phenomenal, through I prefer the more simple look they had in the early seasons when there were less dynamtic shots and poses.

Really wish they'd get off their arses and come up with a proper second movie.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I heard Imaginationland was supposed to be the second film, but things weren't working out.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Steve2911 posted:

They consider this their second movie, I've heard them say it in interviews.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bilperkins2 posted:

They consider this their second movie, I've heard them say it in interviews.

If I can't go see it in a cinema it's not the second movie. Boom.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Why go see a movie when you can play and experience it better in a videogame? :v:

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Pivit posted:

Awesome, thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

socialsecurity posted:

Anyone who hasn't been watching the show too closely, should watch http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s17e07-black-friday and the two episodes after it, it's a trilogy that actually introduces the Stick of Truth and shows the kids in their game outfits.
Or just watch them all here:

http://beta.southparkstudios.com/collections/368/the-black-friday-trilogy

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh man oh man I wasn't going to say anything specific but I just hit my favorite part of the game so far. Spoilers for the third act of the game: Goddamn Canada is so amazing. Everything about it. Just literally everything. This entire third act is being amazing so far, the second act was kinda weak until the very end.
Glad people are enjoying this. Canada was the one of two parts I worked on.

Eddain posted:

Everything is affected in Australia.
We were told the PC release is uncensored everywhere, but I haven't seen the censored versions firsthand.

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 3, 2014

• Locked thread