Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

GreatGreen posted:

The only reason I had so much trouble with the abortion minigame is because I was laughing so hard. That said, from a purely gameplay mechanics standpoint, it really is pretty obtuse and bad.

I actually found the mechanics pretty simple and just enjoyable enough to not make me hate QTEs and button mashing. I always disliked button timing sequences in attacking or blocking but the normal difficulty setting of this game proved just enough of a challenge that I had to do about 60% of them correct to not have to chug potions every turn, as a Warrior with Butters as my wingman. This is coming from someone that never got into Super Mario RPG, or Paper Mario because of my annoyance with the timing attacks in those games.

That said, this game was loving amazing otherwise. Easily the best use of a different medium I've ever seen. Everything feels exactly where it should be, the game plays out like an episode in all the right ways. Actually this felt like the a second movie because of all the cameos and references. Granted the game isn't particularly long, and there's not quite enough that I want to go back and do a second playthrough just yet. Still I just came off Thief 4 and after that load of garbage, this was solid gold. Everything from the Dragon Warrior style Canada setting, to the opening lines of "You have to wait your turn Craig, like they did in the old days." was just fantastic. There was only one bug in the game I found, the game never crashed, and the pathing was completely fine as well.

Top to bottom this game was perfect. 5/5 Chinpokomon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread