Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Yeah, this is gonna be an expensive cash-in on the brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Has there been any preview interviews or anything about how much poop humor will be in the game? Because the the political statements and racism jokes are not really funny, but I'll be on board if there's enough funny too-gross-for-kids-poo poo-and-dicks humor. Will there be Terrance and Peter? Will Mr. Hankey have a role in the game? Why is "The Jew" a class? Why isn't there a "Canadian" class? Jew isn't funny at all as a class, or if it is I don't get the joke, the South Park Canadians are actually really funny and I want to play as total unclefucker.

Grats on having the comedic sophistication of a 12 year old.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

Seriously though it takes zero effort to say something that will offend someone while crafting a funny poop joke actually requires wit and talent.

The joke of Cartman calling Kyle a Jew is that somewhere in the world someone is offended by it and that lends you a sense of superiority that is personally gratifying.

If you think the joke of Cartman calling Kyle a Jew is that you're supposed to empathize with Cartman and laugh at the people who are offended by it, you aren't getting the joke.

(Hint: Cartman is a monter.)

(That said, South Park definitely has lots of Bad Fans who take the joke in bad faith and find it funny for exactly the same reason. So did Dave Chapelle and it's literally a large part of what drove him off the air, when too many people found him funny because he was reinforcing their rear end in a top hat stereotypes when what he had set out to do was make fun of them.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pixeltendo posted:

I don't know, its hard to top a movie where they sing songs about blaming Canada and uncle loving while being catchy as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKl0e8jALY

CHECKMATE.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bilperkins2 posted:

edit: I had to make a gif of it for Age Rating so I'll post it next week if people care. You would not believe the gifs I had to make for Age Rating on this title. I have a PPT presentation with slide after slide of terrible terrible things. :)

You can't say a thing like this and not be ready to post a (redacted as needed, obviously) copy of this slideshow next week.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, are the QTE's in this game broken, or are they supposed to be borderline loving impossible?

I've been stuck at the anal probe mini game for half an hour now. I literally cannot push the A button fast enough. The toilet game routinely takes me half a dozen tries, and I usually have to put the controller down and two hand the A button to stand a chance. This is absurd. Please tell me there's some kind of fix?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dolash posted:

Sure, but that may just be for the preorder stuff. Considering the difficulty and delays they had making the game they may not have much appetite for making more, but everything's certainly in place for them to do so if they want.

Preorder stuff doesn't show up there.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Which Chinpokomon or missable? (Or rather, which areas should I not leave until I get a Chinpokomon from inside of them?) It hadn't occurred to me to worry about this, but now I'm terrified that I'm already screwed.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bilperkins2 posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. It wasn't that it was garbage, sorry. It was incomplete and THQ was pushing to get it out the door incomplete. It was garbage in the sense that it wasn't balanced and many areas were devoid of content. I definitely don't want to imply that Ubisoft did all the work here, the guys at Obsidian worked tirelessly. THQ execs were pushing to get the incomplete product out ASAP in order to save themselves. That's why it was garbage at that point.

Glad to hear you guys have learned the lessons of Obsidian Publishers Past.

It's nice to see what happens when they're given time to finish a game with real QA. :)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, what's the deal with the stickers and gear that provide a boost to one/two handed weapon damage? Is there any way to tell whether a weapon is either one or two handed for that matter?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pimpmust posted:

I find it bizarre that some QTEs are impossible to complete with my Xbox controller, yet works okayish (if hard) with the keyboard :iiam:

I found the mash one button QTE's (Toilets, the start of night one, the final battle of day two when you need to fart back an attack) to be literally impossible with my game pad and still nearly impossible with my keyboard.

I gave up and made an Autohotkey script to mash 'A' or 'S' as needed.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Valen posted:

It might be some weird edge case with different hardware or software, at least on the PC.

I am pretty convinced at this point that something like this is going on. There's too much variation for it not to be, and also I'm normally pretty good at QTEs.

Additional unrelated question: for a high level Jew with maxed out plagues, is there an optimal combination/order to summon them in?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I think the game works so well for the most part because of that. They're just doing "kids are kids" with a few wild crazy things thrown in and it works really well. The nature of it as a game also basically prevents any real Current Events things with a few exceptions. (And even the Al Gore thing probably only got in because of Manbearpig and is pretty far from Current Event at this point.) It plays to South Park's strengths.

There's a pretty cutting (by Jimmy's Stand Up standards) Obamacare one-liner if you take him to Mackey's storage locker.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

GreatGreen posted:

So what kind of fantasy archetype does the Jew class fall under? How does the class feel to play?

AoE debuffs, and a super strong single target minus-armor attack will be your bread and butter. The various class specific gear is mostly garbage that let's you do more damage at low HP or wih various debuffs on you.

It's not a paladin, and doesn't feel like a paladin at all. Butters is a Paladin.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

beedeebee posted:

So, I'm at the end of day 1. I'm getting abducted by aliens and I have to clench my rectum by mashing A really fast. I can't mash a button that fast, I get 3/4th of the meter. Max. Is there a way to skip this?

The button mash QTEs blow. (Whereas, personally, I had zero issue with the various fart tutorials or the abortion or DDR mini games that people in this thread have complained about a whole bunch. I have a suspicion that the former in particular is much easier with a gamepad.)

After spending like two hours on and off trying to get through the abduction I got fed up and made an AutoHotkey Script that mashed 'S' 15 times in a row instantly and got past it with one button press.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

He does not. He says he wants pelts to make robes, but no quest. My most recent quest is still telling me to show him the documents.

That's not working right then. Might want to reload a save from before you walked into Winnipeg. You're supposed to talk to him, get a new quest to go kill the dire bears in town, do that, and then go back to him and get told about your next step.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Is there an easy way to tell if a weapon is 2 handed or not? or are all melee 1 handed and its only referring to bows.

On the equipment screen, if the bottom of the weapon is resting on the ground, it's two handed.

Alternately, you can exit the equip screen with a weapon equipped and walk downwards do the New Kid is facing you. You'll see if a weapon is being held in one or two hands.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

bilperkins2 posted:

Putting together the wishlist for the next patch so if anyone has any egregious bugs they saw let me know so I can try and include them, or any little annoyances. I've already got PC K&M stuff (tutorial/minigames), QTE difficulty and overall difficulty on my wishlist.

My absurd wish list item: some way to double back and chase down the few missable collectibles/achievements.

drat you alien ship chinpokomon!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
What are the bonuses on the class Armor/Weapons for each class?

I know for the Jew it's all bomus damage at low HP or when debuffed, but I have no idea what the 'theme' for other classes is.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WarLocke posted:

So how do people use ability points on Jews? I put my first one in Jew-Jitsu because the later level bonuses looked nice, but the button mashing for it is annoying - The sling is easier to pull off IMO but the additional level perks don't seem as nice.

It's important to Max out circumcision and plagues. You'll have enough points to Max one other ability. I went with Jew Jitsu because I found the shield and stun useful at low levels, but the sling might be better if you're going for the achievement where your buddy never dies (inflicts Pissed Off).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ironsolid posted:

Game was hilarious. My contribution to this thread's productivity ends here.

Grats on contributing more than the last four pages of incredibly dumb arguments.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ImpAtom posted:

He friends you.

And you have to spend a bunch of money to get one more weapon towards 100%.

Otherwise, yeah, that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WarLocke posted:

Circum-scythe inflicts bleeding on the target (and maybe gross out too?) and can be upgrade to gross out every other enemy on screen when used. :black101:

Also Doom Dreidel can be upgraded to cause burning and bounce a fuckton.

Basically Jew is the best class.

Circumscythe also cuts enemy armor in half. It owns.

• Locked thread