Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Wow so I saw this thread and the comic sounded interesting! I caught up with it and uh :stare:

Now that this monster is gone, will just another pop up? Kinda like a "monster of the week thing" but way longer then a week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dogbutt posted:

Wow so I saw this thread and the comic sounded interesting! I caught up with it and uh :stare:

Now that this monster is gone, will just another pop up? Kinda like a "monster of the week thing" but way longer then a week?

What makes you think the monster is actually gone? It's a ghost/spirit/monster/undead thing, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back, pissed at you now, because it had to reattach its head. You thought it was bad when it just wanted your eyes? Now you're its target and it wants you dead. It's not going to make it easy or quick, either.*

*Note: Pure speculation. It could be gone forever!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Onean posted:

What makes you think the monster is actually gone? It's a ghost/spirit/monster/undead thing, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back, pissed at you now, because it had to reattach its head. You thought it was bad when it just wanted your eyes? Now you're its target and it wants you dead. It's not going to make it easy or quick, either.*

*Note: Pure speculation. It could be gone forever!

Yeah, but it's blind, so it'll have trouble finding you.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Dogbutt posted:

There's still the huge tower-like ghost he saw in the rearview mirror when leaving the hospital.

Plus the secret society that seems stricken with amnesia when faced with tough questions.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Well, now Wadsworth has someone that the townspeople know and trust to corroborate his story. Thatt's good. That's one step closer to blowing the lid off of whatever the hell is happening in this town.

If those bones are gone by the time that the police get here, well, at least the 3 muscle guys will know that something fishy is going on, and will therefore be more willing to play along the next time Wadsworth tells them about something strange.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2013/06/28/latecomers/

The Bottlefly Boys are pretty great. I hope they stay nice.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2013/06/28/latecomers/

I can't help thinking that Maurice is French, Morris is British, and Maris is Russian. So I'm waiting for a rival team consisting of a German, an Austrian or Hungarian, and an Italian. I'm probably reading far too much into it, though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ariong posted:

Well, now Wadsworth has someone that the townspeople know and trust to corroborate his story. Thatt's good. That's one step closer to blowing the lid off of whatever the hell is happening in this town.

You mean the someone that just had a nervous breakdown and forgot her father was dead for over a month?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I really hope demon-wing Wadsworth in the sixth panel there doesn't symbolize or foreshadow anything.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

My question is, how did they even know to go there? The Bottlefly Boys seem to know how to show up in just the right places exactly after something strange has happened. This could just be for plot convenience, but for now the Bottlefly Boys are a bit too good to be true for me. Maybe Switchwater has something to do with it? I'm not sure, that's really just wild speculation on my part.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

My question is, how did they even know to go there? The Bottlefly Boys seem to know how to show up in just the right places exactly after something strange has happened. This could just be for plot convenience, but for now the Bottlefly Boys are a bit too good to be true for me. Maybe Switchwater has something to do with it? I'm not sure, that's really just wild speculation on my part.

poo poo, it probably is all the switchwater.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm really starting to think that Maggie might not actually be either the "good guy" or the "bad guy". Wadsworth is probably just some pawn in the game of creatures beyond reckoning.

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dr. Hurt posted:

I love this idea, and I definitely hope it's true.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Now that I think about it, who is going to believe them?

Wadsworth is a guy who's suffering from all kinds of mental stress.
Iris forgot her dad died for a month.
The Bottlefly boys are drunks.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2013/07/01/perchance-to-dream/

And you people thought they would believe him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(last panel) Awwww....

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of this cop and his mustache.

Asgerd fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 4, 2013

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Osgood's up to no good, he wants the house all to himself.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2013/07/05/a-stitch-in-time/

That's a sick tatt, Zane.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Another update

Looks like this motley crew of heroes is finely on the same page (or something)

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

poo poo, he's marked by Harker now!
I don't think we have seen the last of him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Another update

That, or he'll end up being the 'sensible' one who goes way, way off the deep end halfway through.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Another update

Well, kinda on the same page. This is less of an 'I'll believe you' and more of an 'I'll pat you on the head and humour you'.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I read it more as a "I can't explain any of this. Trying your interpretation/story is a good enough starting point to figuring out what is going on. Even if I don't believe it."

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Or he thinks Zane is crazy enough to stitch patterns into his face to try to get his doctor to believe his delusions and doesn't want to egg him on any further...

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

New comic

That's an interesting silhouette in the final panel.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Tenik posted:

That's an interesting silhouette in the final panel.

We've seen something like it before, only then I thought it was a towering ghost-thing in the distance. If it's not taller than a tree, I'm guessing that ghost must have followed them out of the hospital pretty fast.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I've nicknamed it the barad-dur demon.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
:suspense: Holy poo poo, this is a good comic. I like how the Cadavre filler strips aren't viewed perfectly straight. Planchett's design reminds me of Pheonix Wright for some reason.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
A new update.

And I already see something of note.

The stitching is now normal, not the fancy red threaded stuff. I doubt that's a mistake.

Which means something happened in the week gap. Or the remnants of the tailor ghost's influence went away. Or it has to do with everyone forgetting. Or even more mundane, someone took out the stitching and replaced it.

Hold on.

Looking back, the stitching is normal stitching back when the Bottlefly boys found 'em. And it's entirely gone when he's talking to the cop, only to return when he's asleep.

So either it's entirely in his head, some artist error, or Zane has some sort of subconscious power over reality. Or something that I'm not even thinking of.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Interesting that the card game is called Oubliette, considering it comes from the French word for forget, something that everyone in this drat town seems to do constantly.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also an oubliette is basically a dungeon-hole you drop prisoners into and forget about. Generally it was designed to be a small, high cell that tapered to a trapdoor at the top.

Can't think of any other sealed underground places where forgotten things reside in this comic, nope.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Today's page is up. Seems Wadsworth has truly arrived, now. :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh, well. gently caress.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

If you haven't seen it yet, Kris Straub is doing a Kickstarter to print the first Broodhollow collection. There are some neat perks, like postcards and posters from Broodhollow, as well as perhaps a Mercy pin. I wish there were more options at a lower tier of money, but hey for 6666 dollars a character based on you will be extremely important in a future story.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gee I wonder if the not-alcohol alcohol everyone drinks has something to do it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Hurt posted:

I wish there were more options at a lower tier of money, but hey for 6666 dollars a character based on you will be extremely important in a future story.

If I were a millionaire, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm a sucker for decent stories and plot-twists :(

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Gee I wonder if the not-alcohol alcohol everyone drinks has something to do it.

I was thinking that, but if you look at the most recent page it seems like Wadsworth isn't drinking Switchwater. Instead my theory (which is entirely speculation) is that it has something to do with the holidays. Perhaps what the town thinks are just traditions is really something that slowly leeches away their memories? This would explain why everyone in town seems to be stuck with about a two week's span worth of memories, and why the nurse at the hospital outside of town could remember what happened to Iris's father while Iris herself forgot. Of course, like I said this is entirely speculation based off crumbs of information so I could be completely wrong.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
My own theory on the traditions and holidays is that they're culturally ritualized manifestations of what Wadsworth calls the Pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Notice the half-open medicine cabinet, though? By ghost-free real-world standards, it's very good that that doesn't bother him anymore, but in this comic it kind of invites question, for all that Maddy turned out to not be the real threat. There's a fair amount to wonder about here!

• Locked thread