Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Blind Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Before you ask, yes, Max will have an Australian accent:

But no, he won't be voiced by Mel or Donal Gibson.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mad Max film discussion thread here

My life fades.

The vision dims.

All that remains are memories

I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land--but most of all, I remember the road warrior, the man we called Max.

To understand who he was you have to go back to another time, when the world was powered by the black fuel and the deserts sprouted great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze that engulfed the world. Without fuel they were nothing. They built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked. But nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. Cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting. A firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. On the roads it was a white line nightmare; only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of "juice."

And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything, and became a shell of a man. A burnt out desolate man. A man haunted by the demons of his past. A man who wandered out into the wasteland.

And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again.

Good news! An open-world Mad Max game has been announced!

Hold on a tick, haven't we already had a Mad Max game?

Well, not counting games that heavily reference or ape Mad Max's style (eg., Fallout), no, not really. Well, there was this for the NES, but it wasn't very good. Ambitious, but not fun at all.

Okay, fine, who's making it?

Avalanche Studios. The same people who brought you Just Cause. They understand cars, car combat, and open-world games. Also, fun. Warner Bros. Entertainment are publishing. This is a good sign. This probably isn't going to wind up being some shite mess meant to promote the new film.

That's nice. What platforms will it be on?

It's going to be on the PS3, XBOX 360, and PC, as well as the XBOX ONE and PS4 when they are released.

Alright, I'm mildly interested. Anything I can look at?

Absolutely! Here's the official website:

http://www.madmaxgame.com/

Here's some trailers:

E3 release trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBpDO45cJms
"Soul of a Man" trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cym9KaH_hO8
"Magnum Opus" trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4vOWZeM8oA

Here's the Official Facebook and Twitter pages:

https://www.facebook.com/MadMaxGame/

https://twitter.com/MadMaxGame

And when might this "Mad Max" game be available?

(Thanks Captain Swing!)

It's coming out sometime in 2014 2015.

Still not excited? You should be! Hideo Kojima is excited. He even wore his Lord Humungus shirt to the press conference!

Blind Sally fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 17:00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Official Plot Summary posted:

Play as Mad Max, a lone warrior who must embark on a dangerous journey
after his Interceptor is stolen by a deadly gang of marauders. A reluctant
hero with an instinct for survival, Max wants nothing more than to leave
the madness behind and find solace in the storied “Plains of Silence”.

Gameplay

So far we know it's going to be an Avalanche Studios game and that it's going to be open-world. It'll feature your expected open-world things and have typical open-world combat. No word on whether or not ammunition will be super-scare. However, they are making a big deal about your car being a weapon--one that you can customize to your particular preference.

Concerned that they're going to try to shoe-horn in a multiplayer mode? Sounds like Avalanche confirmed this was a single-player only game (http://www.webpronews.com/e3-2013-n...mad-max-2013-06). The downside? No Max and the Gyrocaptain co-op.

There is a gameplay demo out in the wild, but Avalanche is keeping a pretty tight lid on it. It was available at E3 for press to play, but no photography was allowed and no footage has been released. vg247 has a pretty solid write-up, though (http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/mad...rs-on-next-gen/):

vg247 posted:

[...]
Mad Max plays out like a standard open world game. As Max, you traverse the hostile wasteland – in a car, of course – collecting and scavenging for goods wherever he can in order to survive. These goods can be used to upgrade himself, or his car.

Like most open world maps, the one in the game shows the player activities, landmarks, and general things of interest and of course, as expected of the game’s genre, it’s respectably expansive and worth developers bragging about it.

Combat, while controlling Max, is also fairly standard. Max has a variety of means to take down his enemies, be it with his fists, a knife, or his trusty shotgun. There’s also a sniper rifle that’s stashed away in his car to be broken out for emergencies, or whenever the player feels like driving a virtual bullet of a terrifyingly high caliber through some pixels.

For the most part, Mad Max features things that we’ve all seen before, and I think Avalanche is well aware of that. A large portion of the demo was spent showing Max blowing various things up, something that the developers got quite the kick out of.

In fact, Rooke even declared “stealth is not really a factor in the game” and that they didn’t really “encourage it.” Essentially, going in guns blazing is the way to play, and I’m glad that it’s something they’re rather upfront about.

However, what did stand out to me about the game are the vehicles. Well, of course, that’s rather obvious. This game does bear the Mad Max name. Interceptor is no more, and Max is left with a car that’s a lot less pretty. In any case, his vehicle is almost a character in this game, and the player must take care to upgrade the car.

Of course, anything that a player does to Max’s car will change up the way it performs and handles, allowing the car to be unique in customization to the player. “It’s important to note though that handling and performance are very subjective to a player and that’s the way we like it,” said Rooke, “so maxing out on every upgrade is not necessarily the best way to get the best car. But you sort of tune the customization options to build your own personal preferred vehicle.”

This makes car combat rather interesting. One of the features that Avalanche touted was the car physics. The car serves as a weapon in the game and upgrades help hone it to make it a much more effective destruction machine. The developers demonstrated this aspect of the game with some car-on-car combat.

Besides the usual car-ramming that’s so often seen in games, the player has a variety of options available to them to fight off enemy cars. Max can duck out of his car briefly to use his shotgun to fire at enemy cars, or shoot down enemies that have leapt off their own vehicle onto his. There’s also a harpoon that players can take advantage of to pull off bits and pieces off an enemy’s car … or, for an easy few kills, the enemy car’s driver.

The amount of detail put into the physics is evident even through the simple act of driving. When driving over rough terrain, the suspension will bounce realistically depending on the weight of the car.

Cars are also a useful tool to destroy certain parts of the environment. At one point in the demo, Max comes across a gate that’s impossible to tear down given the current condition of his car. In order to bring it down, the car must pack a heavy-duty demolition grill.

Once Max has the proper amount of supplies for an upgrade, his companion slash mechanic sidekick, Chumbucket – who rides along in the back of the car – will fit the car with the new upgrade.

Adding the demolition grill to the car is where things get a little more interesting. The grill changes the weight of the car, which impacts the performance. In order to compensate for the extra pounds and the car to revert to how it handles pre-makeover, its engine and tires must also be altered.

Like Just Cause 2, Avalanche isn’t looking to deliver a hugely sophisticated experience with Mad Max. Instead, it’s more about giving the player the satisfaction of simply being able to blow things up and have fun doing so, all while staying true to the Mad Max franchise.

Screenshots

Miscellaneous

A motion comic prequel was released. Watch it here: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38458

Also--

Mad Max The Game is teaming up with West Coast Customs to build a replica of the car in the game, the Magnum Opus. I know, crazy, right? It's teased here in the trailer:

Caustic posted:

Finally a new trailer released showing gameplay. A real-life build of the Magnum Opus will air 7PM PST Sunday (April 27th) on West Coast Customs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4vOWZeM8oA

Edit: Aaaand the game has officially been delayed until 2015 (not surprised, since that's when the new movie's coming out).

And there's a link on the website to click on the car and see who provided parts for what. Is this totally stupid, or the most excellent thing to happen? You decide.

Blind Sally fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 17:03

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

It's weird that I'm more heartened by knowing that this is by the creators of Renegade Ops because that game was loving fantastic and showed off a real capacity for versatility.

Also more explodey car action.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world

Hopefully the combat is better than in Just Cause 2 and it lacks the repetition, otherwise I loved that game.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'd like to think that WWIII in the Mad Max univerise began and ended with the US and Russian Pacific fleet skirmishing over a misunderstanding off the coast of Australia, but at the end of it all no one bothered to check to see if Australia wasn't a nuclear wasteland.

I'm looking forward toward the game, if anyone could make a good Mad Max it's the guys who made Just Cause.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

I'm surprised that this looks like it's going to be it's own thing and not have anything to do with Fury Road.

Fonzarelli
Aug 15, 2004

Jumping the Shark

Is everybody in this game gonna be super aussie? I'd love if they had an all australian voice cast, but if there is even one american faking an accent I'm gonna hate it.

Smug Amoeba
Jan 8, 2010

Single-celled and self-satisfied

Unlikely, we're in a more generic wasteland now according to IGN:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...face-in-mad-max

I do hope the Interceptor is in as an easter egg vehicle or something. I love that loving car, the sound alone makes it special.

Smug Amoeba fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2013 around 18:06

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

They'll probably make the Pursuit Special pre-order DLC, which would make it the first time I've pre-ordered a game in a long time.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Just Cause 3 in a post apocalyptic scenario? I'm sold. Can't wait for this to come out for the one true gaming platform.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

This, for me, is one of those dream games that I never figured would ever actually get made. That the developer previously made Just Cause 2 is the icing on the cake.

Blind Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Smug Amoeba posted:

unlikely, we're in a more generic wasteland now according to IGN:

I do hope the Interceptor is in as an easter egg vehicle or something. I love that loving car, the sound alone makes it special.

That's kind of a bummer, though not necessarily a huge deal. The Aussie outback really has its charm. I hope the more generic settings means we might see characters from the three (four?) films make cameos throughout, though I'm glad it's not directly tied to Mad Max: Fury Road. I think the generic Mad Max character model is a good idea though. He looks like a cross between not-quite Mel Gibson and not-quite Tom Hardy. It'd be nice to have some classic DLC skins. I'd be up for that.

M.Ciaster
Feb 28, 2013

Smug Amoeba posted:

unlikely, we're in a more generic wasteland now according to IGN:

According to the video description of the teaser trailer, the Interceptor being stolen from Max kicks off the game's storyline. So yeah, I'm guessin' we'll probably get to drive it during a climatic fight with the final boss or something.

Also, in an ideal world, this game'd have an Aussie language version and an American dub you could switch between at will, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

M.Ciaster fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2013 around 15:06

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

"You're so cool I'ma call you culo..."

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

This is probably going to be the first video game I'll be playing in a few years. Holy poo poo.

Blind Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

Is everybody in this game gonna be super aussie? I'd love if they had an all australian voice cast, but if there is even one american faking an accent I'm gonna hate it.

Good news, bad news?

Good news, they probably aren't going to have American's faking Aussie accents.

Bad news, sounds like they're just gonna go with American accents.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/th...ooks-great-but/ (it's Kotaku, take from that what you will).

I mean, they're showing off a gameplay demo, so who's to say that they won't get some Aussie VAs to re-record closer to release date. For all we know, the American accents are just place-holders. Kind of a bummer, but the fact that it's an "open-world Mad Max game being developed by Avalanche Studios" has earned them a lot of good will from me.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Just reading the thread, my interest went in a U shaped arc. Started high with "Hey, a Mad Max game would be awesome!", went down some when my cynicism reminded me it would be a game based off an old movie license and probably be some half-assed cash grab, then back up when I read who was making it and that it would be single-player focused and not stealth oriented.

This could be good.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

As long as the car combat is actually fleshed out. I felt like Rage promised the same kind of stuff but fell short in my books. But JC2 is a good sign. But then again Doom was a good sign. I'll probably see where this goes and get it when I decide which next gen to get; Cause I'm a sandbox Junkie.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

As long as the car combat is actually fleshed out. I felt like Rage promised the same kind of stuff but fell short in my books. But JC2 is a good sign. But then again Doom was a good sign. I'll probably see where this goes and get it when I decide which next gen to get; Cause I'm a sandbox Junkie.

JC2 is much closer to an open-world Mad Max game than Doom/Quake were to Rage. JC2 was all about giving you a huge world full of fun little toys to play around with, which seems to be similar to what Mad Max is doing, so I'm not overly worried there. Similarly, Rage was at its best when it played like a modern-day Doom, but fell flat when it was trying to go outside of what id had experience with. JC2 made the open world fun, whereas Rage totally failed to do that.

On the other hand, JC2 never had much in the way of car combat, not in the Twisted Metal sense anyway. So, that's something that they haven't necessarily done before, but they don't need to make the car combat incredibly deep or mind-blowing, just make it FUN.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Great Rumbler posted:

JC2 is much closer to an open-world Mad Max game than Doom/Quake were to Rage. JC2 was all about giving you a huge world full of fun little toys to play around with, which seems to be similar to what Mad Max is doing, so I'm not overly worried there. Similarly, Rage was at its best when it played like a modern-day Doom, but fell flat when it was trying to go outside of what id had experience with. JC2 made the open world fun, whereas Rage totally failed to do that.

On the other hand, JC2 never had much in the way of car combat, not in the Twisted Metal sense anyway. So, that's something that they haven't necessarily done before, but they don't need to make the car combat incredibly deep or mind-blowing, just make it FUN.

This is all true. But I would really like some juicy car combat, and I hope this delivers. Probably 60% of my just cause two fun was getting high Heat levels and just driving around running from the terrible motorcycle AI. The other 40% was other random fuckery involving helicopters and grappling hooks.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

One of the media previews mentioned that the car combat felt a little bit like the old crash mode from Burnout, which instantly shot my excitement up by a considerable amount.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Great Rumbler posted:

One of the media previews mentioned that the car combat felt a little bit like the old crash mode from Burnout, which instantly shot my excitement up by a considerable amount.

Over the Ramp I go, hopefully right into the tanker truck! Gotta love it. I'm the kind of gamer that enjoys over the top fun. It's why I enjoyed bullet-storm as much as I did.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

Whats the point of a Mad Max game if it isn't set in Australia or has Australians in it? Why not just call it, oh I dont know, Rage.

The setting is kind of important and its also a place that doesn't get a lot of coverage in games.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

Fonzarelli posted:

They'll dub over it Mad Max 1 style.

Wrageowrapper posted:

Whats the point of a Mad Max game if it isn't set in Australia or has Australians in it? Why not just call it, oh I dont know, Rage.

The setting is kind of important and its also a place that doesn't get a lot of coverage in games.

Yeah, I don't want to be jump on the game without knowing a whole lot about it, but this is really disappointing. It's a huge warning sign, as far as I'm concerned.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

I didn't ask for this Coyote myth.

Wrageowrapper posted:

Can we quantify how much of all of the Mad Max movies had recognizably Australian parts? Aside from the fruity cop with the sweet mustache, most characters in the movies overall had American accents and I don't feel that the ratio of cans of Dinki-Di was that high, compared to more generic repast overall.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I just hope they improve over the combat and destructible environments in Just Cause 2. That game fell apart after 4 hours when you realized all you could blow up were water towers or explosive containers, the weapons felt like paperweight and the entire game was about looking at the world's most intrusive BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL while looking for collectibles to increase your awful health bar.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

Doin Work

Wrageowrapper posted:

It was never about Australia, or not based on the book I read of Mad Max, which was either the original story or a copy of the screenplay of the original movie.

It was about the US, the 'transcontinental highways' were stretching across the US major cities and coasts. The first movie I think was just shot in Australia and besides ole Mel, the Toranas and Kingswoods were about all that movie's budget could afford. The original movie is really pretty lame comapred to this book too, for instance the Toecutter was a 6 foot, built-like-a-machine psychotic maniac in the book.. he was a fat loser bikie in the movie.

But yeah.. from what I know about the story, its got nothing actually to do with Australia at all. I'm Australian and live in Australia right now, by the way

Ok thread.. out-sperg me and describe in detail how I'm wrong

JoshVanValkenburg
May 20, 2007

We don't need another hero!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Tony Montana posted:

It was never about Australia, or not based on the book I read of Mad Max, which was either the original story or a copy of the screenplay of the original movie.

It was about the US, the 'transcontinental highways' were stretching across the US major cities and coasts. The first movie I think was just shot in Australia and besides ole Mel, the Toranas and Kingswoods were about all that movie's budget could afford. The original movie is really pretty lame comapred to this book too, for instance the Toecutter was a 6 foot, built-like-a-machine psychotic maniac in the book.. he was a fat loser bikie in the movie.

But yeah.. from what I know about the story, its got nothing actually to do with Australia at all. I'm Australian and live in Australia right now, by the way

Ok thread.. out-sperg me and describe in detail how I'm wrong

Never heard of it being based off of a novel and I can't find anything that reinforces that. All novels of it seem to be novelisations of the film, they might take their own spins on it though, I guess. The team behind it were Australian and got their ideas from working in Australia and the studio was their own creation that, even today, is in Australia.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I wonder if they're going to fix the vehicle physics and collisions?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I really really really hope this game is good. I am a huge Mad Max fan and just the idea of traveling the wasteland shotgunning fools gets me excited.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

Doin Work

Bat Ham posted:

Never heard of it being based off of a novel and I can't find anything that reinforces that. All novels of it seem to be novelisations of the film, they might take their own spins on it though, I guess. The team behind it were Australian and got their ideas from working in Australia and the studio was their own creation that, even today, is in Australia.

I'll have a hunt for the book tonight, I still think I've got it kicking around because it was that good and holds a special place in my teenage brain.

So was it set in Australia?.. as in the original team that were Aussie.. they set it in Aus? That kinda takes an edge off it for me.. yeah hundreds of miles of untamed wasteland where criminals and lowlifes eek our their measly lives.. head inland and AUSTRALIA IS LIKE THAT NOW, no 'post apocalypse' needed!

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

Tony Montana posted:

So was it set in Australia?.. as in the original team that were Aussie.. they set it in Aus?

Mad Max is indeed set in Australia.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

Doin Work

Do you have a source or something? I'd just like to see the original story, if there is such a thing.. now that it sounds like whatever I read might be an interpretation.

'Just having fun' and 'over-the-top action!' translates to not having to spend too much time on things like that. See Saints Row. I could be wrong, open world games can have really different levels of effort put into this and how the playerbase then sees it (like people were crying online about the cars and driving in Sleeping Dogs.. and yeah it was no iRacing but it fit the open world vibe fine). GTA games I've found to have decent enough driving and physics that you can get really into it.. while games like Saints its really just like driving around and smashing up RC cars.

JC2 if I remember rightly was pretty stupid, while Mafia 2.. man Mafia 2 and the driving. I remember just doing a proper donut with smoke peeling off the tires (I think there was a 'stoke' button, like in Sleeping Dogs) and combined with the car modification element (Saints but with driving and effects that were actually good) meant it was basically a car-loving-with-sandbox that was brilliant.

One thing I will not loving forgive though.. if I ever see it again.. I saw first with Saints. Then I noticed Sleeping Dogs do it. The cars have no gears, as in the sound effect of revving up to a point and then changing gear is just looped, travel flat out down a straight road and the car will just keep doing this.. until it's changed gears something like 50 times (all upshifts). It's so obviously 'haha who cares about this poo poo because you're just playing a silly open world game and it's all over-the-top so who cares?!' but I care and its just so cheap and stupid. Get the gear shifts right.. have weight behind the cars so they slide and feel like they're heavy and big.. I'd say radio stations are a staple of this genre but if it really is in Australia then it would be best just to leave those out

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

Do you have a source or something? I'd just like to see the original story, if there is such a thing.. now that it sounds like whatever I read might be an interpretation.

'Just having fun' and 'over-the-top action!' translates to not having to spend too much time on things like that. See Saints Row. I could be wrong, open world games can have really different levels of effort put into this and how the playerbase then sees it (like people were crying online about the cars and driving in Sleeping Dogs.. and yeah it was no iRacing but it fit the open world vibe fine). GTA games I've found to have decent enough driving and physics that you can get really into it.. while games like Saints its really just like driving around and smashing up RC cars.

JC2 if I remember rightly was pretty stupid, while Mafia 2.. man Mafia 2 and the driving. I remember just doing a proper donut with smoke peeling off the tires (I think there was a 'stoke' button, like in Sleeping Dogs) and combined with the car modification element (Saints but with driving and effects that were actually good) meant it was basically a car-loving-with-sandbox that was brilliant.

One thing I will not loving forgive though.. if I ever see it again.. I saw first with Saints. Then I noticed Sleeping Dogs do it. The cars have no gears, as in the sound effect of revving up to a point and then changing gear is just looped, travel flat out down a straight road and the car will just keep doing this.. until it's changed gears something like 50 times (all upshifts). It's so obviously 'haha who cares about this poo poo because you're just playing a silly open world game and it's all over-the-top so who cares?!' but I care and its just so cheap and stupid. Get the gear shifts right.. have weight behind the cars so they slide and feel like they're heavy and big.. I'd say radio stations are a staple of this genre but if it really is in Australia then it would be best just to leave those out

YES!
It got to the point that in SR:TT I was trying to either obey traffic laws ao I wouldn't have to hear that janky shifting or I'd just spawn a hoverbike and go fool around on zombie island.
Seriously brought the game down in my eyes.
Also gotta second the love for Mafia 2. That game has flat out, the most fun car physics for any open world third person shooter. I got the DLC only to pop a supercharger on a car that looked like a Hudson Hornet and drive loops around the dirt roaded area watching the dust build up on my windows.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Really disappointed about the lack of an Australian Mad Max. The films are very uniquely Australian and the dusty outback settings are inextricable from them. Super disappointed about it becoming America/"generic".

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

I see nothing wrong here.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I see nothing wrong here.

that's not as bad hilarious as driving off the top of the mountain stronghold, off a cliff in the Reapers jeep.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Adding a WHOP WHOP WHOP sound as your vehicle flips and tumbles through the air is the most genius decision ever in a game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Really disappointed about the lack of an Australian Mad Max. The films are very uniquely Australian and the dusty outback settings are inextricable from them. Super disappointed about it becoming America/"generic".

What makes it uniquely Australian besides everyone having a nickname instead of a real name and Goose calling someone a drongo instead of a loser? I'm a huge fan of the movies but I feel like the tone can be achieved as easily in Idaho as it could in Melbourne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youracrybabypah
Jun 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Blind Sally posted:

Screenshots

Wow Red generic explosive barrels already, in the promo screenshots. This is going great.

«5 »