Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
N-n-n-n-necropost! But there's no other good web design critique threads out there so...

I just rewrote my website and would love any opinions on it. I'm actively looking for work so I need to put my best foot forward here.

https://jered.io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel like the spacing of things is off, too big and spaced out. The thumbnails for each project are not exciting, and it might be worth having some glanceable way to know what you did on it. If I was hiring you I would probably care about your skills before your clients but that might be subjective and also not super important.

What kind of role are you looking for? You seem to put UX design first when talking about your skill set, but you don't really show off prototyping, iteration, or research, and I get more of a front end dev vibe.

Also fwiw mobile design kind of seems like an after thought.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Anony Mouse posted:

N-n-n-n-necropost! But there's no other good web design critique threads out there so...

I just rewrote my website and would love any opinions on it. I'm actively looking for work so I need to put my best foot forward here.

https://jered.io

Echoing the above post, you list yourself primarily as a UX designer, but your portfolio honestly doesn't communicate to me that you have ever done basic UX process. You're not telling a project story that shows user research, ideation, iteration, etc. — you just talk about the technology choices you made. The "Currently Loving" mystery meat navigation thing is also kind of confusing, and mostly comes across as a way to show off CSS transforms instead of communicating something useful.

Coming to your portfolio blind, I would 100% assume that you're a developer who likes cool design, not a designer.

• Locked thread