Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«252 »
Which version of Dark Souls 2 are you going to buy?
This poll is closed.
360 330 9.19%
PS3 824 22.95%
PC 2436 67.86%
Total: 3590 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

As the OP is updated, I'm adding tags to all the new stuff. Second post also has update logs.

quote:

Prepare to die... Again
Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & fx forward like never before

A labyrinth of monsters & bosses
Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of from software

Sensory assault
A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias - auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc.

Deeper and darker
More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style

Evolved multiplayer
Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play

Go beyond death
Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system

Release Date: March 11, 2014 (360, PS3) (PC release date tba)
Confirmed Platforms: 360, PS3, PC
Official Website: Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 1 Threads: Consoles, PCs
Demon's Souls thread
Come chat with spergs and scrubs: #FROMGoons on irc.synirc.net.

Collector's Edition Preorder
Warrior Knight Figurine
Hardbound Art book
Full-color Microfiber Game Map
Original Game Soundtrack

Armored Edition Includes:
Collectible Metal Case
Game & Original Game Soundtrack

Strategy Guide
Future Press Strategy Guide
- Apparently EpicNameBro from YouTube worked on this, and says DS2 is better than both Dark and Demon's Souls
- 400 pages
- Hardcover

Achievement List
- Link (thanks Pankratoss)
- TEN covenant achievements
- Start reading from this post for rampant speculation

Screens:

Click here for more screens
- 27 new screens up on the Facebook page
- Another 23 new screenshots up, you guess it, on Facebook.
New screenshots on this imgur album
New screenshots full of engrish up on Facebook

Trailers:
Announcement Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY

E3 2013 Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asgxfHZlQGk

Aching Bones Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIb8lkAxc

Curse Trailer aka SPIDERS loving CONFIRMED TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SJqRpvebCY

Gameplay Videos:
IGN Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal - 12 minute playthrough
IGN Live E3 2013
GameTrailers Dark Souls 2 First take (dude talks about his experience with the E3 2013 demo, no actual gameplay here)
GameTrailers E3 Demo (skip to 4:44)
ProJared @E3 (lots of info)
Developer interview (mostly the same footage except for the end where there's a brief clip of multiplayer stuff)

Thanks to Kieyen for posting the following clips:
Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmY86i0ZH8
Sorcerer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9vgT13MV8
Temple Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDBt00Z9iIg
Dual Swordsman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKZfVnaooqc

Hands On Articles:
Edge Online

quote:

Improved AI animation means enemies now launch straight into multi-hit combos of their own that do a lot of damage. One of the Mirror Knightís combo enders is a thrust designed to catch you as you backroll to safety. They backstep now. Some kick to break your guard. They donít dumbly commit themselves while you sit there with your shield up. A backstab isnít necessarily a done deal; itís now a multi-hit attack that begins with a quick whack to your foeís shoulder, and if that attack misses, the backstab will too. Dark Souls IIís new engine also does away with the first gameís canned animations: if youíre surrounded by a group, you canít game the animation system and buy yourself time with the invincibility frames of a backstab or riposte.

Polygon

quote:

Dark Souls 2's E3 demo takes place inside and among the exterior of a crumbling, medieval structure; not quite a castle or fortified, but a broken fortress that looked largely abandoned. Its inhabitants included low level dreglings, a type of undead creature armed with sword and shield or bow and arrow, and heavily armored creatures with bulky tortoise shell armor. Those bulky shelled enemies wielded heavy maces capable of smashing through walls and could crush a player with a backward fall if they attempted a backstab.

Eurogamer

quote:

One neat environmental touch is a chamber littered with more candles than Nick Andopolis' basement. The more people die in that section, the more candles light up. Much like the ringing bells in Dark Souls, this is an effective way of integrating others' experiences into your own without the need to stop and activate "bloodstain" holographics replays (though you can also do that).

PC Gamer UK

quote:

While not a generational leap in visual quality, DS2ís new engine does look better. Textures look clearer, and more details have been added to character models. The two-handed fighter, for example, has small patches of cloth alongside the leather armor pieces. These visual upgrades extend to the enemiesóDark Souls was filled with rotting skeletons and zombies, but the initial enemies in the sequel look more human, but clearly dead. Their heads loll back at an unnatural angle as they lurch forward and swing their ancient weaponry. Itís frankly more unsettling than most of the enemies from the first game.

Someone translated a bunch of stuff from the JP website, and it has a ton of info in it: http://imgur.com/rwqk3yX

NEW MECHANICS
- Brand new graphics renderer, with cloth physics and way better lighting. The beta looked NICE.
- Dual wielding is much more a focus than in previous games. From the beta, it gives weapons a nice damage boost, and unlocks additional movesets.
- Backstabs are much harder to land, and not guaranteed just because you're behind an enemy.
- Ripostes are slightly different. Parries knock your opponent to the ground, and you have to time the next hit to "riposte" them while they are laying there.
- Revamped character creator, not based on predefined stats.
- Three weapons in each hand instead of two.
- No kick! It's been replaced with a shoulder bash. This can break someone's guard if their shield is up.
- New weapon system lets you combine powers (this screenshot shows fire + poison)
- Player HP reduced while hollow (a la Demon's Souls). Apparently it will decrease total HP slowly when you die, stopping at half of your HP.
- New stat, Agility, that governs "swiftness of movement" whatever the gently caress that means
- Dexterity now boosts poison and bleed damage
- Weapons in your left hand have their full moveset available, as do shields in your right. Lefties rejoice!
- Hexes are a new type of magic, on top of sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies.
- Human Effigies are used to turn human now.

COVENANTS AND MULTIPLAYER
- Way of Blue: Covenant with devine protection of gods of Blue. When apostles of Blue are invaded by dark spirits, they can receive assistance from other Way of Blue members.
- Blue Sentinels: Covenant to protect the blue apostles from the merciless beings. Let players be automatically summoned in the worlds of Blue apostles who have been invaded by dark spirits.
- Brotherhood of Blood: Covenant of immortals haunted by blood. Its purpose is to sacrifice blood for Nahr Alma, god of war. through repeated invasion to many player's world.
Heirs to the Sun: Worship of the sun, now a lost belief, was once widespread amongst great warriors. Its purpose to help other players.
- Bell Keepers: The twin bells symbolize the bond between two lovers who could never be united. The bell keepers are their eternal guardians.
- Heirs of the Sun: Heirs of the Sun appear wrapped in a golden aura to support the lost players. (Praise the Sun gesture is confirmed!)
- Invasions can occur while hollow! Git gud scrubs
- Summons in your world for a limited amount of time, based on enemies killed. In the beta, there were two soapstones to drop you summon sign, one gave you more time in a host's world.
- People rating your messages will cause you to recover HP.
- Invasions are based not just on SL, but also the amount of time you've played the game. (source)
- Offline mode will be supported, but obviously no summons/messages will be available.

LOCATIONS/PEOPLE
- Name of the world is Drangleic
- The woman from the first trailer is called the Emerald Herald, who wears the "mysterious Emerald Robe". People on tumblr are already creepy about her.
- Lucatiel of Mirrah: He is from the land of Mirrah, the far east, known as a land of knights.
Although he was born in an underprivileged social rank, his skills on the battlefield let him became a knight. But then the accursed sign appeared on his body. (All stolen from FB, image of his sweet hat here
- Majula is placed at the extremity of Drangleic. There is nothing here except for the small tower at the end of cape. People who have nowhere to go drift to this place. (image here, check out that open space!)
- Maughlin the Armourer: A merchant from Volgen, a region far in the west. He is depressed because his business is going bad. He wandered in many countries then drifted to Drangleic. (image here)
- Merchant Hag Melentia: He is one of the few Drangleic survivors. He is slowly loosing his mind wandering furnitures on his back. (not my description, obviously, see this line)

PLOT
- Ahahahahaahahah

Let's talk about spoilers
At this point in the game's life, I think it's ok to post rumors, speculation, gameplay videos and just about anything else we can dig up on the game. Obviously if you were afraid of spoilers you wouldn't be in this thread almost a year before the game is released. As we get closer and closer to release and people get their hands on more in-depth videos or the full game, we should start being more careful with what we post. The Souls games are best experienced as blindly as possible, and we should respect that.

THAT SAID, I think if you're going to talk specifically about the boss fights or enivornments (traps, areas, etc), you should put that in spoiler tags. For example, it's been revealed that the boss fight showed off in some of the gameplay trailers has an invasion mechanic similar to the Old Monk fight in Demon's Souls, and not everyone would want to be know that before the game comes out.

Lore spergin'
Personally, I find that analyzing two minute trailers and 12 minute gameplay videos in an attempt to pull out lore tidbits is dumb. For one, there's no guarantee that anything in these videos will wind up in the game. Second, it's all speculation and supposistion which makes it the worst sort of circle jerk. That said, if you want to link the various YT videos and go through all that, do so, but keep in mind that all that poo poo will need to be put in spoiler tags as we get closer to release.

Frequently Asked Questions
Should I play Dark Souls 1 before playing Dark Souls 2?
- I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

Differences between console and PC versions
- The only announced and confirmed difference is that the consoles will run at 30fps and PC will run at 60fps. The PC version isn't a port like Dark Souls 1, so you can expect it to run much better without the need for mods. Hopefully.
- So far, it hasn't been confirmed whether or not Games For Windows Live will be required. The logo doesn't appear anywhere on the website, so I'm hopeful that they'll drop it. With Microsoft doing everything BUT announcing GFWL is going away, I think we can safely assume it won't be in Dark Souls 2.
- The release date for PC is still not confirmed, while the console releases are confirmed for March 14.

Why isn't this on PS4 or Xbox One?
- Right? I know. It seems weird that a game coming out a good four or five months after the new systems wouldn't be on those systems. The only confirmed platforms are the 360, PS3, and PC. I would venture to guess that they are banking on the huge installed base of these systems to generate more sales. Maybe one day we'll see an HD-Re-remix or whatever

Yo I heard that this game was gonna be super fuckin easy now that Miyazaki isn't on it
- That's not a question. But anyway, here's a good quote from co-director Tomohiro Shibuya (source) that clears this up:

Tomohiro Shibuya posted:

"What we meant by that was, based on feedback we got on Dark Souls, we got a lot of feedback that said that it was challenging and that the satisfaction was there, but there were a couple of areas that were a little bit tedious or a little bit time-consuming," Tanimura said through a translator. "Those are things we want to sort of streamline ó to sort of cut away a lot of the fat, to make some revisions and enhancements so that we can really deliver the pure essence of the challenge in the Dark Souls experience."

Shield winners have been announced!
- FROM ran a contest awhile back, asking fans to design their own shield and submit it to their Facebook page. There it was voted on, although apparently those votes don't mean dick and FROM picked their own favorites. Here's a link to all 9, the first six to be included in Dark Souls 2 and the other three being the fan vote winners. My personal favorite is number 8, but unfortunately that won't be in the game.

Update: Here are all the winners. Top row will be in the game, bottom row will NOT be (thank god).

Dark Souls 2 Comic Book

quote:

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and From Software have decided to work with some of the most exciting comic writers and artists to produce an exclusive comic book for one of the most-anticipated games of 2014: DARK SOULS II.
The comic book, titled "DARK SOULS II: Into the Light" takes place in the thrilling universe of the game. The story is written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby.
Free digital publication of DARK SOULS II: Into the Light will begin on January 8th 2014 on this Facebook album (http://bngames.eu/ds2comic)

I have zero hopes that this will be good but at least the art looks alright from the preview.

EC fucked around with this message at Jan 29, 2014 around 21:23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Reserved.

I used the 360/PS3 tag because I couldn't think of a better one. I doubt we'll need two threads this go 'round.

Edit: also, let me know if I'm missing any bits of info that are out there. I'll be updating the OP on a regular basis.

Revisions:
- 6/18: Added Eurogamer article, added bit about combining weapon upgrades
- 6/25: Added more gameplay videos, PC Gamer UK article
- 7/18: Added shield contest stuff
- 8/26: Added shield winner images, beta info from Erotic Dad, and link to the developer interview which has some MP footage
- 9/5: Added links to beta for EU and Germany
- 9/28: Updated release dat info, added info for special editions, new NEW section from that polygon article, added Aching Bones trailer, updated beta info
- 10/31: Updated beta testing info, some gameplay mechanics, added link to new FB screenshots, other minor changes.
- 11/10: Updated beta info, by which I mean completely deleted it since there are no more announced beta periods.
- 11/14: Added new FB screenshots
- 1/6: Removed beta info stuff, added links to new screenshots and stuff about the comic book.
- 1/15: Added new trailer "cursed"
- 1/17: Added link to new FB screenshots
- 1/18: Removed "new stuff" section, split it between "mechanics" "covenants/multiplayer" and "locations/people". Added all the recent NPC and location info.
- 1/19: Added link to strategy guide
- 1/20: Added link to achievement list
- 1/27: Added link to translated JP website image
- 1/29: Added new PVP stuff from here

Thread History:
- After 75 pages of spiders and arguments over PVP, actual Dark Souls 2 info is leaked at the end of page 76. If you're sensitive to spoilers, you might want to start skipping posts. Lots of info about new spells, mechanics, and even NPC dialogue.
- Although stuff leaked from the Japanese beta early, the NA beta went live around page 87, and for awhile goons had access tot he game before FROM realized they had forgot to shut it down.
- After a very limited beta test, Namco announces that there's 90k slots for the next round, but FROM completely loving trolls their fans by bailing on the announced times. Heh.
- Around page 115, the 11/10 beta starts, and there's a bunch of posts/videos from people playing it.
- Achievement details were leaked (or posted?) around page 139.
- Just ignore pages 140-146. Trust me.
- Someone broke NDA and dumped a mass of new info on Reddit starting here, most of which was confirmed when embargo was lifted the next day

EC fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2014 around 17:20

Mighty Dicktron
Sep 1, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Dark Souls 2: Die Harder

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Bring me some men who are stout hearted men.

Trusty PatchesShibuya won't possibly dumb it down right

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.

Do we have a solid release date yet or is it still all speculation?

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
I HAVE A MAN CRUSH ON YOU TOO, YOU LOVABLE FAGGOT!

Cannot wait to curse a lot and hate this game while continuing to play it against my better judgement. You know, the casual Dark Souls experience.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Anony Mouse posted:

Do we have a solid release date yet or is it still all speculation?

March 2014 is confirmed.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

hellfire blast~

PS3 for life. This game will probably rule.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Fuck you Nintendo

ARACHNOTRON posted:

PS3 for life. This game will probably rule.

Same here. Although if it did come out for PS4 I could easily see myself double dipping.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

That Edge online quote about enemy AI just got me all excited. I cannot wait to die over and over again

edit: Hey EC I enjoyed your guest spot on bonfiresidechat :3

blackflare fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2013 around 21:16

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yo dawg
I herd you like tea

I see no reason not to get this on PC now that it is the primary platform. Unless your computer sucks, I suppose.

Ilustforponydeath
May 28, 2011

Hope they remove the obscure "you have to read a goddamn spreadsheet on gamefaqs before even playing the game to be aware of this" bullshit once and for all. Dumbing down be damned.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Fuck you Nintendo

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Hope they remove the obscure "you have to read a goddamn spreadsheet on gamefaqs before even playing the game to be aware of this" bullshit once and for all. Dumbing down be damned.

What spreadsheet?

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

No more invincibility frames on backstabs/ripostes is pretty much going to make them useless, isn't it? Unless the animations themselves are much faster.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

"They can't use swords in their mouths, so we're gonna tape the lightsabers to their hooves instead." I answered quite reasonably. "Problem solved."

EC posted:

Frequently Asked Questions
Should I play Dark Souls 1 before playing Dark Souls 2?
- I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it.

Excellent use of an Arrested Development quote!

I'm in on day 1 of DS2. I'll probably take that day off of work. I've never considered doing that before now.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Lord Lambeth posted:

I see no reason not to get this on PC now that it is the primary platform. Unless your computer sucks, I suppose.

There's a few reasons I'm leaning towards 360 right now:
- Most of my DkS friends are there already
- I can easily capture video on the 360
- While the 360 has had issues with hacking, it's nowhere near as bad as the PC version
- I prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 (quiet, MrLonghair)
- It's fun to kill console kiddies

I own all three versions (technically two 360 versions since I bought the GoD version as well as the disc), so I'll probably pick them all up eventually. I'm seriously thinking of starting on the 360, though.

Ilustforponydeath
May 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

What spreadsheet?

Ahem, world tendencies, upgrade paths i.e do NOT upgrade with this stone, upgrade with that stone, and all the other stuff that would have made both games much more enjoyable had they been known by the player from the get-go. I'm not talking boss tactics here, just stuff left out of any in-game explanation because japan.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

"They can't use swords in their mouths, so we're gonna tape the lightsabers to their hooves instead." I answered quite reasonably. "Problem solved."

Colonel Pancreas posted:

No more invincibility frames on backstabs/ripostes is pretty much going to make them useless, isn't it? Unless the animations themselves are much faster.

They'll still be useful against single enemies or enemies you can pull away from a group.

They won't be useful if you're got two or three scrubs chasing you down.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Ahem, world tendencies, upgrade paths i.e do NOT upgrade with this stone, upgrade with that stone, and all the other stuff that would have made both games much more enjoyable had they been known by the player from the get-go.

World Tendency wasn't in DkS, and the stone stuff wasn't either. There's not too many upgrade traps you can get into in DkS ( raw ).

If anything it's the level ranges in invading/summoning I hope they clear up.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Colonel Pancreas posted:

They'll be just as useful 1v1, the point of backstabs is the crit damage, it never should have had such ridiculous invincibility frames.

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.

I want to play this game with an Oculus Rift.

maybe I'm just crazy, but I really want even more of that stuff in the game. The Souls series is all about being able to overcome any obstacle and win any encounter through superior tactics - and the idea of a bunch of things I don't even know about having possible negative effects on me really adds to the mystery that these games have in abundance. I want as many arcane secrets and erudite 'challenge' options as possible so I can spend even more time not knowing what the gently caress, fearing the world around me, and learning new things.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2013 around 21:18

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

I'm happy the backstab mechanic is becoming more of a high risk to use, and I hope it carries over to pvp as well. Maybe if you're skilled enough you can break out of a backstab if an invader isn't fast enough.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Aw man, I can't just riposte 6 dudes in a row while the rest swing uselessly anymore? I can't believe From Software decided to make a baby game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Invoking fairy dust is not a crime.

The lack of canned animations also means that you should be able to back stab anything that has a back. Which will obviously lead to lots of really angry giants.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

So that boss they showed off, the Mirror Knight. The way those who played the E3 demo described it, it's like the Old Monk and Super-Ornstein had a baby. Frankly, that is beautiful.

So, something I wonder about the PC version. It's being designed again as PS3/360-compatible. Given the specs there, I'm hoping that if your PC runs Dark Souls 1 just fine, you won't have to do much upgrading to get Dark Souls 2 working well either.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I keep looking. Why do I keep looking?!

Probably going to be getting this on the PC, unless they stick with Games For Windows Live, since that will probably kill the multiplayer fast. Then I'll just go with the PS3 version.

Overall I'm a bit worried since there is so much that can go wrong with the game. Biggest concerns are the the environments, the difficulty, and whether or not it will keep some of the silly bullshit.

The environments for the trailers so far aren't terribly eye-catching and maybe even a little bit dull, so I'm hoping the whole game doesn't look like that. Areas like New Londo Ruins, Ash Lakes, and dark Anor Londo were pretty breath-taking, and the game wouldn't have been nearly as memorable without them.

As far as difficulty, I'm not particularly worried that it'll be easy, I'm just worried that they may screw up the balance that the original had where it managed to be hard without feeling cheap and restricting (at least until Lost Izalith and the Four Kings). Too many one-shot kills, especially poorly telegraphed ones, obstacles that have to be tackled in certain ways that restrict what builds are actually playable, or excessive amounts of stunlocking could really sap the fun out of it.

Also, as great as the grittiness was, I think the stupid bullshit was really what kept Dark Souls enjoyable even after all the tension was gone. After like a dozen playthroughs, you're not exactly going to be surprised by anything and you know most of the tricks and shortcuts to get around the worst of the worst. It's doing things like gimmick invasions and dual shield runs that keep things interesting, at least for me.

Making the game less about backstabs is a nice touch, though. A really, really nice touch.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2013 around 21:36

TombstoneTromboner
Dec 26, 2012

the original

This is currently my most anticipated game. Very excited for it. Demon's and Dark Souls are probably my two favorite games ever though, so that's not really a surprise.

I've been liking what I've been hearing a lot so far!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

BUDDHA'S A BRO
296 Fuckups and Counting!

I'm curious if we'll get any limited editions.

Mighty Dicktron
Sep 1, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Ineffiable posted:

I'm curious if we'll get any limited editions.

There was one for both Demon's and Dark Souls 1, so this is very likely and I will eat that poo poo up.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Bear Witness

So excited for this! A little disappointed that after finally mastering Parry/Riposte, I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. But on the other hand, It's going to be great familiarizing myself with the new melee system!

Good Riddance to invulnerability frames

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ugh, March 2014 is so far away. This game looks amazing. From Software really knocked it out of the park with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and this sequel looks like it'll do the same.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Bear Witness

As long as you can parry multiple blows as once like the coolest dude I have no complaints about invul frames being gone.

HenryEx
Mar 24, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...

I'm now imagining Dark Souls with a Batman-like counter system.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Is there any more info on the hallucinations and stuff?

To me that sounds like a really cool alternative to World Tendencies. Go all evil, go a little crazy and start seeing things coming after you. Go all goodie two shoes, hear god talking to you and you turn into some weird Solaire like guy.

Hopefully there's more to it then what Amnesia did.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yo dawg
I herd you like tea

I doubt very much the PC version will have GFWL. They seem very aware that everyone hates it, judging from the interviews.

MacGyvers_Mullet
Sep 5, 2006

The guilty pay the price.

ConfusedUs posted:

Excellent use of an Arrested Development quote!

I'm in on day 1 of DS2. I'll probably take that day off of work. I've never considered doing that before now.

No lie, I'm going to have about 3 weeks of vacation time saved up by next March, so I'm going to take the week off. Not just to play Dark Souls 2, but mostly to play Dark Souls 2.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Oh god it's like a whole year away. I'm going to die with anticipation before then.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

BUDDHA'S A BRO
296 Fuckups and Counting!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

There was one for both Demon's and Dark Souls 1, so this is very likely and I will eat that poo poo up.

I'm so excited that I might preorder every limited edition from every region

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

I'm not really sure why the poll has ps3/360/pc options because when this inevitably ends up like DeS/DaS everyone who posts here will own at least two if not all three versions.

e: Ineffiable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

I hope they fix the character creation so your guys don't always look Bethesda Fugly no matter how hard you slide the bars.

I could not for the life of me make a proper Sterling Archer or Pam for any of my playthroughs.

«252 »