Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

slut chan posted:

Do we know if this will be overturned with the recent change in video game management that prompted our benevolent overlord being shut down?

Doubtful.

I have so much gold and CP right now but literally nothing worth while to spend them on. I guess i'll go blow it on a boss spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Somebody asked when the news first got announced and I assume the answer is "no" but is there any chance of someone somehow saving the actual game and just letting people play what's there now without updates/support? I'm really going to miss logging into this dumb little game every day.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

We got like two days left

I'll miss playing this

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Me too.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Me three.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yep, what else am i going to do while watching TV?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

thebardyspoon posted:

Somebody asked when the news first got announced and I assume the answer is "no" but is there any chance of someone somehow saving the actual game and just letting people play what's there now without updates/support? I'm really going to miss logging into this dumb little game every day.

Warning: longish post with my own theories for Playdom's possible plans for content.

I saw a preservation project on Reddit, but I guess it's more of saving the assets than the game itself.

I also thought of playing an "offline" version, but that would get boring quick. Part of the draw for me was the story, then getting the new items/weapons, playing in the PVP tournaments and getting new characters via release/Spec-Ops.

With no new content, and having recruited Adam Warlock two weeks ago, I haven't had much motivation to keep playing, except to level up some final characters and finish S2Ch11 to complete the game, which I did yesterday. This game really needs the online component and constant updates to keep my attention.

Going from the Stark Summer sale, Playdom did have tons of content left to which tide us over until they started a third season: the e-isos, the flight suits, weapon sets that exploit different kinds of attack types (Psychic/Cosmic energy), the Vortex suits...

The Mighty weapons in particular seemed designed to keep us busy grinding for a couple of months to get their Iso-infused upgrades. Looking at the past, I have the feeling that PD´s original plan was to release the Ch11 as it was, but hold Ch12 until December. Something like: Chapter 11 > Spec Ops with some other character > Spec Ops for Dr. Strange movie > Chapter 12 > Spec Ops with Adam Warlock > Season 3 for 2017.

And Season 3? Who knows, maybe it would have brought merged realities and the Avengers efforts to try and put everything back in their place. That way they could've added more characters like Maestro Hulk, Zombieverse heroes, the Squadron Supreme. Add in some stuff about Thanos using this state of things to collect the Infinity Gems, and it could lead up all the way to the third Avengers movie/related Spec-Ops.

Yeah, since the game's cancellation notice I've been thinking a lot about this. I'm really going to miss this game and talking with you guys about it.

Hopefully, in another Earth we are talking about how the new PVP favors energy attacks, the upcoming Dr. Strange SO, and how to get more Yondu lockboxes. Oh, well!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'd love to play an offline version for awhile, just to use Adam Warlock, all the lockbox characters I just got, and play around with the new suits and gear sets.

I mean, AA PVP is literally the worst strategy game I've ever seen; it's a manual of how not to design a game.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah personally as of now there is enough that a non updating version with slightly more generous drop rates on gold/command points would be just dandy. Seems nigh impossible though so oh well.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I can't believe they didn't give us access to a poo poo-ton of silver so we could level people up before the end. MAA2 gave us unlimited gold for everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have 62 million silver, I seriously wish I could transfer it all to you, Steve Vader.

And If i was going to perdect how the game was going to go.

White Tiger released
PVP reward Wiccan
Spec ops New Avengers, reward Sunspot, maybe Unbeatable Squirrel Girl outfit
PVP Hulkling (mentioned as missing during the spec ops)
Halloween/Doctor Strange spec op, Reward Clea Movie outfit available
PVP Reward Current Power Man
X-mas Spec Ops, Reward? Someone Asguardian maybe.

Even more wishlisting stuff, I'd hope they did Chapter 3 either Secret Wars based one, or an Space one. Like Locations would be battleworld places, or Nowhere, Xandar, Hala etc. Chapter rewards would be outfits based on either location, like getting one of the Space Iron Man Armors, or Binary; if battleworld Thor versions of characters.

Characters I'd hope to see in future events would be basically Alpha Flight, as they're pretty much the only major characters currently that aren't in the game in any way. I'd also hope to see the missing Mutants, especially Jubilee and Dazzler, especially Alison because then they can have an A-Force spec ops and get Singularity.

Somewhere Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur should be in there too.

Ah what could have been. I guess Future Fight and Avengers Academy can scratch my Waifu collecting itch, but they lack Mutants. I guess I could go back to playing Conquest of Champions, but god drat that game is a real time sink.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm upset we never got Man-Thing. A man can dream I guess.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
D-Man for me. :(

I get the wanting to play the "as is" version offline to get the characters that you missed, but since last year I had hit this stride where I could get any lockbox character with no problem, had just to recruit Shanna and Volstagg with their Covert Ops prices, and grabbed an extra two characters every SO, not counting the SO character and extras like Moondragon and Knight America.

If not for all the gold and CPs, I would've needed about three months to finish Chapter 11, just playing with no heavy grinding.

I wouldn't want to start over with an offline version that is not receiving more story updates, and I say that as someone who has finished Final Fantasy 7 about a dozen times from scratch.

The Iso infused Mighty weapons seemed like they would've changed PVP in a big way, along with PD's new focus on improving various attack types/effects, but now we'll never know.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I never managed to get Ronan, Adam Warlock, White Tiger or Martyr to even 9.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

21 million silver, 2603 gold, 937 CP, and 13,997 SHIELD points. All characters at least to level 9.

Gonna miss this game. :(

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
So who were everybody's favourite characters? It's funny how I found myself actually liking comics characters more or less based on how much fun they were to play in this game.

Captain Rogers was boss.

Taskmaster was the best, just like in the comics.

Moon Knight is the Batman we needed.

Union Jack was a death machine.

Oh Vision and Wonder Man, you were underrated, just like in the comics.

Actually Squirrel Girl was of course the best.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

My favorite was X-23, Red Hulk.

Also I took some screenshots of the game, gonna feel weird not having a spec ops to look forward to or logging in every day :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would usually wind up using Anti-Venom and Hybrid for big points, or if I wanted to clear a level quickly I'd go Team Hawkeye

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
62 Million silver, 662 Cps, 2185 gold, 103k shield points.

As for characters, Loved that Ms Marvel got her Captain Marvel costume and she became really good. Also big fan of Thor, Herc and Hulk just being wrecking machines if they were built well with costumes and ISOs.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I actually loved Mr. Fantastic, once I got the thing that let his Bifurcator eat the poo poo out of the entire opposing team. Plus, every once in a while his rolling thunder thing hit hard.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure Kang was the worst character because of that one Heroic Battle I needed to get through even though I didn't have him on my roster, so it was an awful time with a raw L9.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I used Iron Patriot and Daken Wolverine in literally every PVE I could and it all worked well

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://twitter.com/MAAInsiders/status/782112841855823872

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

So who were everybody's favourite characters? It's funny how I found myself actually liking comics characters more or less based on how much fun they were to play in this game.

Captain Rogers was boss.

Taskmaster was the best, just like in the comics.

Moon Knight is the Batman we needed.

Union Jack was a death machine.

Oh Vision and Wonder Man, you were underrated, just like in the comics.

Actually Squirrel Girl was of course the best.

Cap Rogers was great. Taskmaster too. Vision with his L9 a-iso was incredible, even more with his L2 a-iso that gave him the phase/charges right away.

I liked Knight America. Concept, abilities, design... I'm kinda sad this game is all we ever saw of him.

Agents, it's been an honor. :patriot: See you in other games!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

No matter what the enemy was if I absolutely needed to win my all time favourite team was Hogan and Voltage or Fandrall. Particularly when you got the A Iso so Hogan could use his level 2 every round and you got the tankard so the ad gent counted as a member of the Warriors 3.
There was something so satisfying about playing a group of guys who just wandered into a fight, got drunk and without fail riggidy wrecked the enemy team.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, this was a mostly terrible game but I still played it nearly everyday for 4 years and met some cool people from here doing it. Goodbye

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Well, this was a mostly terrible game but I still played it nearly everyday for 4 years and met some cool people from here doing it. Goodbye

Yea this is what I was thinking off.

drat I'll miss this game, as it was perfect for playing while having breakfast or lunch, or while watching tv.

I kind of want to try out the star trek game, but I'm thinking like most FB games, you need to hoodwink a ton of people into playing in order to get anywhere, which is bullshit.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What is that comic from ?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fit em all up in there posted:

What is that comic from ?

Ewing's Captain American and the Mighty Avengers (but start with his Mighty Avengers run).

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea this is what I was thinking off.

drat I'll miss this game, as it was perfect for playing while having breakfast or lunch, or while watching tv.

I kind of want to try out the star trek game, but I'm thinking like most FB games, you need to hoodwink a ton of people into playing in order to get anywhere, which is bullshit.

Same, I've been desperately trying to get that same turn based fix from mobile games, but nothing grabs me like this did for some reason.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes came close but I lost interest.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
As suggested by a redditor, my final acts as an MAA player were 1) Five star mission 12.2 and 2) send 8 of my favourite heroes off on a 24 hour quinjet mission, sending them into the void to never be heard from again.

Man, I'm gonna miss this game.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
gently caress, I missed the chance to send Angela to a farm upstate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just noticed that spammy, probably a scam MAA Rewards page is still up, and they're still posting links for free Cps and gold.

• Locked thread