Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Fred is on posted:

I spend my gold on magnetic lockboxes. It's a frustrating gold sink (I've been sitting at 7/8 for a long while now) but as far as I know it's the only way left to get Magneto, and it prevents me from making dumb impulse buys. I did the same thing for Omega Sentinel and got lucky enough to get few duplicates, and honestly I think it was worth it.

Okay, I'd like to add on to that thing I said earlier. Using gold to buy old lockboxes is like throwing it down a goddamn black hole. I wish they'd just make it so that opening 300 lockboxes together gives you the whole set, or sold individual comic covers for 50 gold each, or something like that. Christ.

Someone said the recent gold nugget bullshit is worse than lockboxes, but I disagree. This obvious money-grabbing scheme I can mostly ignore, because it's a weapon and even if it's good, I don't need every single one of these. But heroes? I gotta catch 'em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

The base number of battles required have been shortened, too - you only need 50 to be in the running for Angel.

That's nice. Its slightly easier to get a decent reward. But when I say slightly easier, I mean its easier to climb Mt Everest with shoes than in bare feet.

And I switched around Kitty, paired her up with White Crown Phoenix and owned bones for 3 matches, then the 4th I got one shotted by a Phoenix Flare combined with Cosmic Power in the first turn.

I find when I lose PVP matches, it more that I couldn't do anything, more than losing because my build is bad. I very rarely lose and have the other team in bad shape, showing It was close. No, normally I lose and the other team is barely touched.

Something I really hope with season 2 pve is they open up new research, and maybe let us finally research the power armors. Its been what? Half a year since those were pvp rewards?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 22, 2013

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
Well, I've done all the Constrictor lockbox tasks & I'm still one cover short. I should get 2-3 more Red Skulls so there's still a chance of getting it but I'm not confident. Boo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I need two more covers and since then I've gotten 7 duplicates.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Wonder Man is a piece of poo poo and it's like Playdom specifically designed him to always die in every spec op boss fight. He's a weak, paper-thin Bruiser with a permanent Protect and lovely single-target attacks.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Eddain posted:

Wonder Man is a piece of poo poo and it's like Playdom specifically designed him to always die in every spec op boss fight. He's a weak, paper-thin Bruiser with a permanent Protect and lovely single-target attacks.

Always use Wonders Never Cease as you first attack. That way he heals when he protects, while your Agent & other hero can wail on the enemy. Or just use him as an item mule (I just kept him munching Shwarma while Hawkeye arrow'd the bosses to death)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Eddain posted:

His attacks are actually pretty good for ruining class benefits. His first one prevents Blasters from getting their bonus, second gives winded which ruins any Infiltrator's counterattack bonus and Scrapper's followup attack bonus, and the third skill is good for preventing tacticians from getting spare turns. Provided you're running him in a team that can keep his health up (essentially protecting him from himself) he's a decent way of dishing out solid damage while buffing himself up and preventing the enemy from being able to get their class bonuses. I ran into a team of him and rescue in PVP and they destroyed my rescue/omega sentinel team because he kept getting healed up and I wasn't dishing out enough damage to destroy him before he got healed up a bunch and my team got destroyed by the enemy agent.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Always use Wonders Never Cease as you first attack. That way he heals when he protects, while your Agent & other hero can wail on the enemy. Or just use him as an item mule (I just kept him munching Shwarma while Hawkeye arrow'd the bosses to death)

Problem is that's his level 9 & it's not easy to get him there if he throws himself in front of everything.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Deploys, man, deploys. I have pretty much never used Wonder Man in a single battle and he's already level 5.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!
Is it me or is Rescue insanely overpowered in PVP. I just had to abandon one of my daily matches because all that was left was their Rescue and my X-23. Between all the sheilds and healing we both still had pretty much full health after five rounds of just the two of us.

Also, just unlocked Constrictor. It didn't take nearly as many boxes as it did for Juggernaut for me. I still need 3 comics each for Omega Sentinal and Magneto, I'm thinking of going for them.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Whargoul posted:

Is it me or is Rescue insanely overpowered in PVP. I just had to abandon one of my daily matches because all that was left was their Rescue and my X-23. Between all the sheilds and healing we both still had pretty much full health after five rounds of just the two of us.
She's loving ridiculous. This really shouldn't be a surprise because this company loving sucks poo poo at doing anything remotely resembling balance. Right now Rescue has completely invalidated every single Infiltrator in the game other than Shadowcat. She also makes it extremely risky to run a Blaster, although this was alreay the case thanks to Magneto and Emma. Combine this with the fact that her level 1 still hits for 6-9k depending on gems and she can do it twice a turn, she can heal, protect, bubble, scroll and automatically makes her team essentially immune to stun. Bascially we're back to season 2 where if you didn't run Emma Frost you could not play pvp; the only way I can even stay top 3% is to run Rescue.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Omega Sentinel can ruin Rescue, but yeah she can make for some tedious fights.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
I never have a problem with rescue, like ever. For the record I run a team of wolverine and x23.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
I know the iOS and Facebook versions each run in their own separate universes. That said, is there a way to share my game between my iPad and iPhone? Doesn't appear to be.

That said, is anyone playing the new iOS version, or is everyone just too invested in the FB game? I'm looking for allies (GC name is Duranki). Hell, if there's a way to friend me via FB, I'm cool with that, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Duranki posted:

I know the iOS and Facebook versions each run in their own separate universes. That said, is there a way to share my game between my iPad and iPhone? Doesn't appear to be.

That said, is anyone playing the new iOS version, or is everyone just too invested in the FB game? I'm looking for allies (GC name is Duranki). Hell, if there's a way to friend me via FB, I'm cool with that, too.

I think it looks at your FB friends for the allies thing and sees if you're playing it there as well. I need more ios friends too, its really painful to not have any SP.

Thing about rescue, is she doesn't seem to her scroll thingy every turn, she does it first turn, and I never see the announcement of it or have any debuffs removed. I don't have any issues dealing with Rescue once I discovered the mk42 unibeam is a shieldbreaker.

I also just realized if you have a Red Skull that is a little higher in health than you can normally handle when taking him down, just take Mockingbird and the Punisher, as they can switch classes to deal with his class switches.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Omega Sentinel and Rescue is - as basically everyone has noticed/noted by now - just gross; I completely forgot about PvP for the last day of Season 8, left somewhere in the middle of Adamantium... and came back to a Savant's Spear because I was running them + a Generalist Agent with mediocre-ish gear. The worst thing I could say about that team right now is that some fights just take for/ever/, especially if Omega gets blown up early.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Duranki posted:

I just got this on iOS and need allies badly. I'll add you and anyone else can add me, my GCid is Debaser91

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Emma + Iron Patriot still blows up the field most of the time. Much thanks to the goon recommending it last season. With bologna scroll and hot shot, it gives a good chance against most rescues unless the stats are ridiculous or I have exceptionally poor luck with the lineup.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I found that running Emma+Iron Patriot worked great on offence but always netted me so many losses on defence. I don;t think the ai quite understands Iron Patriot and will do stupid things with him like Overcharging then using the blade move. Assuming things so your way though I think it's the team that goes through pvp fights the fastest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

I just got this on iOS and need allies badly. I'll add you and anyone else can add me, my GCid is Debaser91

I tried to add you but it says invalid id. Anyone who wants to add me on iOS my id on there is the same as my fourms username.

I swear, I cannot get anywhere near the top without the Balonga Scroll, but I never won it during the spec ops. I also noticed since the change in ratings, you need much, much higher numbers to get anywhere.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

I tried to add you but it says invalid id. Anyone who wants to add me on iOS my id on there is the same as my fourms username.

I swear, I cannot get anywhere near the top without the Balonga Scroll, but I never won it during the spec ops. I also noticed since the change in ratings, you need much, much higher numbers to get anywhere.

Does capitalization matter? Try a lowercase D. Well what's your id?

Edit: Didn't read! Request sent

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 23, 2013

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Pvp is a loving joke this season. It really is now who spends the most money wins.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I just do my 5 wins per day to get the bonus stuff and thats it. That usually lands me in gold.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Apparently the boss reward CP drop rates have been dropped for chapter 12 specifically. Hopefully season 2 will introduce new ways to make CP, because drat if getting it isn't a grind enough already.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How can you start off a match with everyone shielded? And it just has the name "shield".

And I'm getting lots of weird stuff today; Pyslock used mental shield, and then did an normal attack, she also got combat tactics off my generalist agent. Then I just had an Emma get tac bonus turn attacking a tactician.

Playdomtxt.com.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 23, 2013

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

twistedmentat posted:

How can you start off a match with everyone shielded? And it just has the name "shield".

Savant's Spear

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

twistedmentat posted:

Pyslock used mental shield, and then did an normal attack
It's a quick action if she has Psionic Shadow, no?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fallin1 posted:

Savant's Spear

Ah, I'd never seen that item before.

But now I'm facing a guy who I nearly killed his entire team with 21gun salute. Consistency is not something they are strong on.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

It's a quick action if she has Psionic Shadow, no?

It was the first thing that was done during the match, so unless there is an alt outfit that gives Psionic shadow from the start, it was something hinky.

I just reported a guy who's name was Agent Spook, and the agent was Black.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 23, 2013

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

twistedmentat posted:

Ah, I'd never seen that item before.

It's last season's PvP item, and it's pretty neat. It can apply Generalized too, so keep that in mind as you'll likely be seeing more pop up.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Fred is on posted:

It's last season's PvP item, and it's pretty neat. It can apply Generalized too, so keep that in mind as you'll likely be seeing more pop up.

And it's another reason Scrapper Omega Sentinel (who exploits shields) is just sick right now. Against any team running the spear, a fast Plasma Torch - Plasma Blast results in one dead hero, the survivors on fire, and your whole team strengthened.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mary Annette posted:

And it's another reason Scrapper Omega Sentinel (who exploits shields) is just sick right now. Against any team running the spear, a fast Plasma Torch - Plasma Blast results in one dead hero, the survivors on fire, and your whole team strengthened.

I think I need to work on Omega now.

I worked it out it will take 25 days to get all the gold nuggets you need to make the cane. Hopefully you can get the other 2 items via roulette. The staff looks like another in a long line of op items that you will only get if you are a spendtard or lucky.

Though I have been pretty lucky with lockboxes. Getting Cps from nearly ever batch of 10 I've opened. Though Are there any must have costumes I don't have? Is Hawkeye, Black Cat or Storms alts worth getting? Or should I just hoard my cps until Rulk is available.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

twistedmentat posted:

I think I need to work on Omega now.

I worked it out it will take 25 days to get all the gold nuggets you need to make the cane. Hopefully you can get the other 2 items via roulette. The staff looks like another in a long line of op items that you will only get if you are a spendtard or lucky.

Though I have been pretty lucky with lockboxes. Getting Cps from nearly ever batch of 10 I've opened. Though Are there any must have costumes I don't have? Is Hawkeye, Black Cat or Storms alts worth getting? Or should I just hoard my cps until Rulk is available.

If you like using any of those characters, their alts are worth while (I'm fond of Black Cat's ability to kill just about anything on turn 2, though I tend to stick to Havok's ability to kill just about anything on turn 1 these days), but it depends on what you want to use them for. None are PVP heavyweights even with the costumes.

I tend to get more CP from running a character through 12-2 to level them up than I spent on them, so I suspect you could buy a costume and still have enough CP for Rulk by the time he's available.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm really liking using the Ionic Sledge while I have Omega in my group. Her giving me all the buffs makes the sledge real powerful.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Is there an actual good defense team at this point? I figure the only way to get above gold in PVP now is defense since there's now a giant wall.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
How good is the current spec ops set? The genetic engineering set. I got the thing from the daily roulette but I dont know if I can realistically expect to grind out the epic drop.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Um, the set is not that great, unfortunately, unless the gold weapon brings it all together.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Diabetic posted:

Is there an actual good defense team at this point? I figure the only way to get above gold in PVP now is defense since there's now a giant wall.
Rescue and Omega seems to be the de facto defense team. You can also try Rescue and Emma, Rescue and Cap, Rescue and Luke Cage, Rescue and Deadpool, Rescue and my loving balls basically gently caress Rescue forever

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Diabetic posted:

You aren't kidding about that wall, the change since last season seems unreal. I'm getting +100 on defense overnight, and I don't even HAVE a defensive team. On the other hand, getting the daily 5 has suddenly become an unbearable grind.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've always sucked on defence, and in PVP in general :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"
Yeah, something about the matchmaking is bonkers. I wake up every morning now to a steady increase due to low point wins (and a huge increase if there are no losses), and just now during my attack I got someone 500 points lower than I am, for a whopping 2 point win.

• Locked thread