Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I finally did it with my level 9 Groot. I had him equipped with Reactive Chaotic Isos and a Focused Martial Iso on his level 1.

I started giving Goblin level 2 and level 6 attacks, 2nd round a gave him a level 1, and then I won on the 3rd round killing them all with the level 9 attack.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Grant DaNasty posted:

I finally did it with my level 9 Groot. I had him equipped with Reactive Chaotic Isos and a Focused Martial Iso on his level 1.

I started giving Goblin level 2 and level 6 attacks, 2nd round a gave him a level 1, and then I won on the 3rd round killing them all with the level 9 attack.

Until you posted that I didnt realise that the demons in that simulation arent technically flying, I assumed they were so that they would be immune to the level 9 until I grounded them. That does make this fight way easier. Didnt manage to kill them all at once with the level 9, but that just meant I had to eat 2 death explosions instead of one. Didnt even need to recharge to get health back or drop the debuff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Which alt is better for Gamora? I think I want to keep her tac

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Inf seems like kind of a waste, since her L2 is subtle and her L9 is stealthy already.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I might actually get Taskmaster, I'm only 2 covers short on iOS.

With alt costumes, I almost always get them as their native class. I am just used to using said character as a blaster or an inf or whatever.

Though I will often get an alt for someone I plan on using in PVP something less vulnerable. Like switching Blasters for tacts, and bruisers for scrappers. Infs, they can take the follow up like a superhero. Plus, follow ups and counter attacks are kind of meaningless against HIF.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

I might actually get Taskmaster, I'm only 2 covers short on iOS.

I'm in the same situation. I got my fingers crossed that I won't have to spend gold on him

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

Inf seems like kind of a waste, since her L2 is subtle and her L9 is stealthy already.

Nah, infiltrator all the way. Especially in PVP with Beast/Rulk/Tactician suit all really popular.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm in the same situation. I got my fingers crossed that I won't have to spend gold on him

Ha, I spent all of my saved up lockboxes on him yesterday. I rolled 10 times and picked up all 8 covers with only 2 duplicates. I think it's the first time I have not only not had to spend gold to finish the lockbox character off, but actually got him before the end of the season that was rewarding the lockboxes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just got my 7th cover this morning. I got 35 more lockboxes to earn, so I got my fingers crossed for the next week.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
EFTB

Kali11324 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 2, 2014

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there a easy way to level up ? Trying to level Groot but I'm wondering If there is a faster way.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ground out 200CP. Bought Emma so I could finish the Epic Boss fight. Fight won't load.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Is there a easy way to level up ? Trying to level Groot but I'm wondering If there is a faster way.

12.2 is the best general way. S2 or challenge mode for any levels that have it can be good if you need to grind them out anyways, but 12.2 is the best bang for your buck

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's a few heroics in season 2 that are quick to get too. And they're fairly easy.

I find the 12.2 battles just take forever. Though you get near 500xp per.

So predictions of what's next? Pvp beta? New spec ops? Chapter 7?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure it's the PVP beta, then either Real PVP or 7

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Grinding 12-2 is the fast way, using Leethax is the easy way. Usually I use 12-2 to quickly level characters to at least 9, and then get tired of grinding them and just let them get XP off of automatic missions for a while.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Opopanax posted:

Pretty sure it's the PVP beta, then either Real PVP or 7

Agreed, but I think we might get another Covert Ops hero before chapter 7. So far we had one for every chapter, except for chapter 6. So I'm thinking Beta, PvP, CO Hero, Ch 7, SO 21.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Liar Lyre posted:

Agreed, but I think we might get another Covert Ops hero before chapter 7. So far we had one for every chapter, except for chapter 6. So I'm thinking Beta, PvP, CO Hero, Ch 7, SO 21.

I don't know, that seems like a real long time without new PVE content. We'll probably get Chapter 7 or a covert op before the full PVP season.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
So I'm coming back after a good year or so of not playing. I got tired of the constant "DO THIS NOW" stuff but I have learned to not care, and just do my own thing. I used to play on Playdom which seems to be gone now. I also see that no account can go to the another device. So I can't get my old old FB one, that I abandoned for Playdom, on the android app. Does that all sound right?

So just wondering, how big was the fallout when Playdom closed their version and said "well all your poo poo and work is gone, seeya"?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think it was that big of a deal since they allowed people to transfer their characters over. Plus from what I remember it was super easy to get gold and everything on that site so yeah.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
I'm going to guess they don't allow the transfer anymore?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

General Wishy posted:

I'm going to guess they don't allow the transfer anymore?

Yeah, you had to send them a support message while they were shutting down the Playdom servers. They probably don't even have the data for your Playdom character any more.\

Anyway, if you join the goon group and get a bunch of random schlubs to friend you you'll get most of the benefits you'd get from playing on Playdom. You won't get the occasional random bit of gold or CP, but at least you'll have a nice quasi-anonymous way to not run out of essential resources all the time.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
drat, my PD character had lots of cool stuff too. Ah well.

Have they learned anything on how not to suck your wallet dry? Like do they bring old items and enemies back once in awhile?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sure.

For money.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Yeah, you had to send them a support message while they were shutting down the Playdom servers. They probably don't even have the data for your Playdom character any more.\

Anyway, if you join the goon group and get a bunch of random schlubs to friend you you'll get most of the benefits you'd get from playing on Playdom. You won't get the occasional random bit of gold or CP, but at least you'll have a nice quasi-anonymous way to not run out of essential resources all the time.

Also the goons I've FB friended seem to be pretty cool :shonbon:

No one ever posts about Ponies or Fedoras.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, IME they only ever bring really useful items back, so they can charge fat stacks of Gold for them.

I don't know why they don't put more and different old items into the random spins from PVP, Incursions, and other stuff. I'm sure that somebody is going to whine about those fuckin n00bs getting the Ionic Blaster he worked so hard for, but it couldn't be that bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Also the goons I've FB friended seem to be pretty cool :shonbon:

No one ever posts about Ponies or Fedoras.

Everyone either seems to barely use Facebook, or is constantly posting jokes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, IME they only ever bring really useful items back, so they can charge fat stacks of Gold for them.

I don't know why they don't put more and different old items into the random spins from PVP, Incursions, and other stuff. I'm sure that somebody is going to whine about those fuckin n00bs getting the Ionic Blaster he worked so hard for, but it couldn't be that bad.

It was way easier to get poo poo as a task than as a reward from a roulette. Yes, I really need 5 more battles, I don't have nearly 4k battles already.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
Alright, went through a big friend add!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I doubt we'll get a covert op for a hero next, considering they just put out Medusa for general release...what, two weeks ago? I think next will either be Chapter 7 or the next round of PVP pre-season.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

They've put the Sabertooth Lockboxes for sale, with them expiring on the 30th of September. So I'd say that they will do a new Spec Ops with a new Lockbox hero (maybe Klaw or Ronan as they were in Marvel Tactics) around that time. It's what they've done in the past.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't fixer the next lockbox character?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

We've just had 2 spec ops back to back, so I cant imagine another one is the next piece of content. It'll almost certainly be the new PVP season proper, although if it is anyone who took part in the alpha and beta pre-season will feel like PVP has lasted for ever. I'm hoping there is a new chapter in the near future, but if I had to guess its PVP and then new chapter when thats got 1-2 weeks left to run (with "complete 3 PVP battles" and "Win 3 PVP battles" being chapter tasks).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't fixer the next lockbox character?
Woah, really? Who was clamoring to play as the Fixer?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Woah, really? Who was clamoring to play as the Fixer?

I think it's less "people really want this" and more "this makes sense in the game's story and we want to make a blaster that supports people". I mean, AIM's trying to stop the Incursions too, they're side villains at best, Playdom's not going to have us fight Fixer again because he's just not that fun to fight, it'd make sense for him to be a lockbox character. He's just more like Constrictor and Avalanche than Taskmaster and Magneto.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope they leave PVP like the test one. I didn't have a billion defenses and matchmaking was pretty fair.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well, there are already more blasters than any other class, 3-4 of whom give buffs. If they want to put out a villain hero who's low-effort because they're already in the game, I can think of a few characters more interesting than the Fixer.

Give us Mystique Winter Soldier Bob!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I think it's less "people really want this" and more "this makes sense in the game's story and we want to make a blaster that supports people". I mean, AIM's trying to stop the Incursions too, they're side villains at best, Playdom's not going to have us fight Fixer again because he's just not that fun to fight, it'd make sense for him to be a lockbox character. He's just more like Constrictor and Avalanche than Taskmaster and Magneto.

I kind of assumed it was more "We already have a character model ready to go so gently caress it, why not?".

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is the last Groot one possible without his L9? because I am having no luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Well, there are already more blasters than any other class, 3-4 of whom give buffs. If they want to put out a villain hero who's low-effort because they're already in the game, I can think of a few characters more interesting than the Fixer.

Give us Mystique Winter Soldier Bob!

Yeah, but people really want those characters. They'd have to have a subplot about recruiting those character so it'd feel as cool as it should. Someone like Constrictor or Fixer, screw it, you can just toss them out there and no one really cares because their collection blurbs are all the plot anyone really wants from them anyway.

(Also, SiKboy's right, they probably just wanted to justify keeping Fixer's sprites around.)

Opopanax posted:

Is the last Groot one possible without his L9? because I am having no luck

Two things to keep in mind: One, if you give Groot enough health ISOs, the eISO that heals on a rest will heal more HP than Green Goblin and one demon can do in a round. Two, because of how the game models the demons blowing up, if you kill one of them with his level 6 the follow-up attack should kill it before it blows up, assuming it procs.

• Locked thread