Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Blade plus Fandrall using his level 9 to put trip bleeds AND tenderised on enemies hits for a ton of damage. Doubly so with follow ups. Try it, it's fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, I've been getting a lot of mileage with Fandraal/X-23 and the Cybernetic set on my Agent. Very fun.

Anyone have tips for the Skadi Epic Boss?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, I've been getting a lot of mileage with Fandraal/X-23 and the Cybernetic set on my Agent. Very fun.

Like to beat her? Daredevil (particularly Tac Yellow Suited) is good as he is immune to all her fear effect stuff.

Otherwise the Cybernetic Set plus a bleed heavy team should let you murder her.

If you are talking about beating her with a Score, I haven't gotten that far on the Challanges yet. (Due to the Red Skull fight constantly crashing if you don't kill his minions before you finish off Schmidt. And the sheer number of tasks which are "Kill X number of dudes. These dudes are random spawn and we will give you none on this run through.") But you probably can't go wrong with running the Warriors Three. Counter Kills are amazing for racking up scores.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Halloween Jack posted:

I used Rescue and mk 42 Iron Man although I suspect any Iron Man costume would work. I only attacked using unibeam and my agent and Rescue were there to spam items to give Iron Man more turns to fire, even with the nerf to unibeam it was enough to beat the score required.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Scrapper Quicksilver, Magneto, Tact Agent. Spam Chronos and you should kill everyone without taking any damage. Think I got like 85k with that.

Quicksilver has to go first.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Looks like Leethax is working again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat the Hank^2 heroic is annoying. You can only beat it if the turn order puts Pym after Beast and you manage to get everyone down to low enough health you can take them out with one of pyms attack all.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just spitballin, but do you think there will be a Big Hero 6 crossover of some kind? I'm thinking probably just a weapon or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

God drat the Hank^2 heroic is annoying. You can only beat it if the turn order puts Pym after Beast and you manage to get everyone down to low enough health you can take them out with one of pyms attack all.

So long as the turn doesn't come up for the one remaining you're fine too. That fight is pretty simple since the Hanks hit hard as hell after a few rounds. Pestilence Beast makes it even easier.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay, tried both strategies listed above (IM & Rescue, QS & Magneto, and didn't break 80K on the Skadi fight. Last one, I KOed everybody with only one attack being launched by a goon, and still only 77K. Hmm.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

New iOS update that doesn't break everything and doesn't fix a lot! Supposedly scrolling is better, but I haven't switched to iOS 8 so I don't know how it is.

EDIT: No Playdom logo on startup. Hmm.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 21, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Double posting because it's pretty significant, the next major release is a Spec Ops. So you might want to hold off on the Horsemen costumes if your CP is low.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How soon? I could see a Halloween one starting this Friday.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

How soon? I could see a Halloween one starting this Friday.

It's coming out before the new Pre-PVP, so I would guess this month.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
poo poo, now that I've blown all my CP, I reeaally hope this one doesn't require Nico and Sunfire.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

Halloween Jack posted:

poo poo, now that I've blown all my CP, I reeaally hope this one doesn't require Nico and Sunfire.

I made the decision to buy Beast and his Pestilence costume but figured I would have time to grind for any heroes I needed for the spec ops. If they throw in Covert Ops/Limited Edition guys I that would throw a serious monkey wrench into my plans.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Liar Lyre posted:

Double posting because it's pretty significant, the next major release is a Spec Ops. So you might want to hold off on the Horsemen costumes if your CP is low.

To be fair, those 4 Horsemen costumes are awesome and really worth getting. They are a marked improvement for all characters. (Even Iceman, who sucks otherwise.)

I myself bought Infiltrator Beast, even though I had Tact Beast. I haven't gotten Scrapper War and Almost Blaster Rogue as they don't seem worth getting if you had the other iterations.

In other news, I noticed that the expired Lockboxes have a message saying they Expire on the 1st of November. Should we start taking bets as to what Playdom are about to do with Lockboxes?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I'm a sucker for themed costumes, and have seen Rogue Famine in enough PVP matches to know it's worth the buy, so I got her.

As for the lockboxes, I'd say Playdom will either start selling the characters by gold only, or sell the covers directly at 10 gold each.

Edit: A quick lock at the Brazil page says that the boxes will be available at 16:00 hours. So get ready!

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 21, 2014

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
I've gotten really lucky with the roulette weapons lately. Got a Crooked Grin over the summer, 3 Seductions in the previous break and just got Twisted Gift today. This thing is nasty! Drops Soulfire, Deathfrost and Dark Void on everyone, and it's a 100% hit weapon, AND it hits everybody!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

They just put all expired Lockboxes for sale until the 1st of November. (Not for discounted prices, just at the normal rate.)

It will be interesting to see if they do anything interesting with them after the 1st of November.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there only one Alpha Predator in 2.7.3? God Dammit.

Is there an easier way to do the Hank^2 heroic? Neather does that much damage, and the turn order always puts one of the dinos between the two so its hard to finish them off so there's no summons.

If there is a Blade Spec ops, who would be the villain? I honestly only know Blade from the movies, what he looked like in the 70s, and his brief appearance in Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. I'd think Dracula, because the only other Marvel vampires i know are Jubilee and MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE!

Actually Vampire Jubilee would be kinda awesome as a spec ops reward. She could switch between vampire and her mutant powers, maybe like Vision where she's a blaster as a mutant, an infiltrator as a vampire.

EDIT: Did it as a challenge mode and there was a group of 3 alpha predators.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Heroic has 3 Alphas sometimes.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Pretty sure the non-heroic has a chance of 3 Alpha Predators too, I only did the heroic once and I'm pretty sure I managed that task in 2 runs of the level. Edit: I know the task is 4, but I remember doing that fight twice.

And if you think thats fun, when you get to "Defeat Hydra Judicators" rerun the level you have just completed dont move on to the next. When it says "You can find them in Missions 4 and 5" it means "There is one in mission 5". And then when it tells you to defeat maggia assassins in mission 6, I ran through without finding a single one.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 22, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, as I said I went back and did it on challenge mode and I got a red group of 3 Alpha's.

Has anyone figured out what the point of the DD aISO? It feels like it should have another aspect, like it should apply disoriented so the attacks can hit their allies. The only thing I can think of that it's good for is to get them to bleed more.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

twistedmentat posted:

Is there only one Alpha Predator in 2.7.3? God Dammit.

Is there an easier way to do the Hank^2 heroic? Neather does that much damage, and the turn order always puts one of the dinos between the two so its hard to finish them off so there's no summons.

If there is a Blade Spec ops, who would be the villain? I honestly only know Blade from the movies, what he looked like in the 70s, and his brief appearance in Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe. I'd think Dracula, because the only other Marvel vampires i know are Jubilee and MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE!

Actually Vampire Jubilee would be kinda awesome as a spec ops reward. She could switch between vampire and her mutant powers, maybe like Vision where she's a blaster as a mutant, an infiltrator as a vampire.

EDIT: Did it as a challenge mode and there was a group of 3 alpha predators.

Remember that the Hank^2 enemies only summon reinforcements when they're alone, so you can go ahead and kill one. The others I just wear down with Pym's weak AoE and trade off attack from Beast between the remaining ones until I can either stomp them or kill them both individually before the next one get a turn.

There were 5 Alpha Predators in my first run, it's probably completely random.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Wow a lucky day and I got 20cp from the daily bonus. I feel like I should sacrifice a goat to Disney or something

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll keep that in mind next time I fight it.

Oh god the Heimdal and Valk heroic is a million kinds of bullshit, especially since there is a bug that Heimdall with interrupt your teams actions, including recharges. And Kurse can one shot a full health character if you're in the Dark World.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Just a friendly reminder, don't spend gold on lock boxes unless you just need one cover. I jumped at the chance to try to get the last two covers for Juggernaut that I missed out on. I just spent all 80 of my gold and could only get one of the covers I needed.

I guess I'll never get Omega Sentinel since I don't have any covers for her, and I'm not spending $500 on the gold it would take to try to get the covers.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Even bought the Scrapper Quicksilver alt to try and see if that made a difference. Nope. Can't break 80K on Skadi, much less 82K.

This is annoying. I don't even want the Luke Cage alt that much, but I just want to clear the drat task.

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

Even bought the Scrapper Quicksilver alt to try and see if that made a difference. Nope. Can't break 80K on Skadi, much less 82K.

This is annoying. I don't even want the Luke Cage alt that much, but I just want to clear the drat task.

They'll patch it in a couple of days, like they always do.

I still spent the 10 gold to skip it, before remembering I can't use Luke in that set of missions. :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know, I think the Heimdall interrupting your parties attacks may be a general bug with him, as I figured I'd level him to make that heroic a little easier, and he keeps stopping my agent from attacking.

I finally beat that heroic, the trick was not have Valk die before Kurse does.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

What worked for me was actually a blend of the previous two tactics mentioned--Scrapper Quicksilver (I didn't use the alt) and Iron Man, plus dropping Chrono items on Iron Man. You need to get the Perfect Strategy (no damage taken) bonus to make this work, though.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

twistedmentat posted:

Kill the one between the Hanks, as was said above - that will make turn order more amenable. Beast also has plenty of moves to avoid Mental Anguish that increase damage down the road.

Also, and this is me being an idiot, but this one is a lot easier with up-to-date Iso-8 slots. As opposed to no Iso-8 slots, because after I got the two I almost never used them. Army of Anting them to death almost works all by itself if your Iso matches your current level. Thanks, ants. Thants.

Thanks, Hanks. Thanks.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

MagusProject posted:

They'll patch it in a couple of days, like they always do.

I still spent the 10 gold to skip it, before remembering I can't use Luke in that set of missions. :v:

I think they already did patch it - I thought it was originally 90K.

Halloween Jack posted:

What worked for me was actually a blend of the previous two tactics mentioned--Scrapper Quicksilver (I didn't use the alt) and Iron Man, plus dropping Chrono items on Iron Man. You need to get the Perfect Strategy (no damage taken) bonus to make this work, though.

Did this. Got 78K. Blargh.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 22, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish you could trade one kind of lockbox for another :(

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I wish you could trade one kind of lockbox for another :(

I wish we could trade at all in this game. I have Falcons soap and I'm never going to have him unless I need him for a deploy .

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 22, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I hope they plan on making Lockboxes something you can earn in the future. Make them prizes after deploys in Chapter 2.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Huh, Gorgon is the new 90CP hero. His thing is Paragon buffs and debuffs--debuffs on your enemies, immunity to the same and Rising Up for your allies.

I think I'll wait on this until I'm sure I don't need other heroes I don't have for an impending Spec Ops.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Twitter confirmed that Black Bolt will get a little update in the future. Probably just a new passive to put him inline with other Inhumans. Maybe Thane will get one too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Finally got 82.5K by using QS with Hawkeye, who just unloaded until Skadi was almost dead right off the bat. Ta-da.

• Locked thread