Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

twistedmentat posted:

That's what I figured, but wanted to make sure there was nothing else I was missing.

20 gold is worth it for the eISO that gives a bruiser free turns when it protects on Groot. I'm trying to make the most annoying defensive team ever, but I could of sworn I had that healing staff, but I don't. I ran the drat boss enough to think I had gotten it.

I really cannot get over just how insanely good of a bleeder Blade is. Hemorrhage and fatal blow on his level 6? Hell ya.

Did they fix Dracula in mission 3, or does he still bug out and get infinite attacks if you kill his little buddy first.

It's been fixed.

I used Rulk to STOMP Mephisto's head at the first chance I get. Works pretty nice just cleaning up Drac afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PicklePants posted:

It's been fixed.

I used Rulk to STOMP Mephisto's head at the first chance I get. Works pretty nice just cleaning up Drac afterwards.

Nice. I've 5 starred everything else save that because I didn't want to have to go through that again. Whoa, they changed the forums again.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Davedog posted:

Also: Mighty Thor and Iron Man MK42 are also on sale which is super exciting because those were the only two I have been waiting for!
Which one is the best for Mighty Thor? Scrapper or Bruiser or does it not matter?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scrapper has an edge if you don't have the a-iso for MoM, but if you do bruiser's probably better so you can add Enraged to it and kill everything

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Opopanax posted:

Scrapper has an edge if you don't have the a-iso for MoM, but if you do bruiser's probably better so you can add Enraged to it and kill everything
Yeah I just got Thor (grinding can be a hell of a thing) and gently caress me I need to get Emma Frost to get that a-iso for Thor.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I was having issues with the Dr. Strange vs Doctor Voodoo simulator fight (Because I kept losing, not just that I get irrationally irritated that one of them is Dr. and the other is Doctor). Should have been fairly straight forward, I have a level 14 strange with his iso, but I'd get him down to about a third of his health but the DoT and Dooms would be taking their toll and his healing is more efficient than mine because his also does damage, and I'd end up (eventually) losing. If anyone else is in that situation, heres my advice; Remember that ionising e-iso you bought a while back because Rocket Raccoons simulator missions were a pain in the hoop without it? Well, Bolts of Balzac or whatever stranges lvl 1 is called is also an energy attack, and Voodoo doesnt reduce damage from radiation. Breezed through Voodoo in about four rounds.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

SiKboy posted:

I was having issues with the Dr. Strange vs Doctor Voodoo simulator fight (Because I kept losing, not just that I get irrationally irritated that one of them is Dr. and the other is Doctor). Should have been fairly straight forward, I have a level 14 strange with his iso, but I'd get him down to about a third of his health but the DoT and Dooms would be taking their toll and his healing is more efficient than mine because his also does damage, and I'd end up (eventually) losing. If anyone else is in that situation, heres my advice; Remember that ionising e-iso you bought a while back because Rocket Raccoons simulator missions were a pain in the hoop without it? Well, Bolts of Balzac or whatever stranges lvl 1 is called is also an energy attack, and Voodoo doesnt reduce damage from radiation. Breezed through Voodoo in about four rounds.

My strategy was more basic since I only have Strange at level 9: spend the, like 40 CP, and buy his tactician alt I was meaning to buy anyhow and laugh my way through the next two simulator missions. The last one I lost once because I haven't bothered to buy Voodoo or Hellstrom since I have come back to playing again and didn't really know their strategies. Once you figure out Hellstrom has a succubus that prevents healing Dr. Strange gets his face smashed in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd say get the eISO that heals you every time you use a magical ability.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Davedog posted:

Once you figure out Hellstrom has a succubus that prevents healing Dr. Strange gets his face smashed in.

Ahh, man, I forgot about that. I ended up taking like 20 rounds to smash him in, since my team could out-heal anything he did and his healing kept bringing him back from the brink.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Sefer posted:

Ahh, man, I forgot about that. I ended up taking like 20 rounds to smash him in, since my team could out-heal anything he did and his healing kept bringing him back from the brink.

I'm missing Daimon still and it took forever to realize he can summon the succubus with despair since I've never used him.

In other news I'm fighting the urge to both buy gold and also get the Stake Thrower. I'm at 273 and I just can't justify getting any gold items until I'm 300 and don't have to worry about out leveling stuff. The reforge costs are still ridiculous.

Must...not...be...whale....

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I'm missing Daimon still and it took forever to realize he can summon the succubus with despair since I've never used him.

In other news I'm fighting the urge to both buy gold and also get the Stake Thrower. I'm at 273 and I just can't justify getting any gold items until I'm 300 and don't have to worry about out leveling stuff. The reforge costs are still ridiculous.

Must...not...be...whale....

If you are even tempted to get gold you may as well do it while the sale is up. You get more Gold plus you will get a cool Scrapper Trench coat with two E Iso slots. And you can bet they won't ever be re released.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Welp looks like I won't be getting Mobius. Simulator kicking my butt. It's so obnoxious how they release these characters. I spent nearly 2000 uiso and still only had 5 Oozes until today - just spent gold on the rest. Think I'm throwing in the towel in this game. 2.5 years, had a good run.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

commish posted:

Welp looks like I won't be getting Mobius. Simulator kicking my butt. It's so obnoxious how they release these characters. I spent nearly 2000 uiso and still only had 5 Oozes until today - just spent gold on the rest. Think I'm throwing in the towel in this game. 2.5 years, had a good run.

You're trying to cast your virtual chains away? Not so fast! :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7bE-TBEUvc&list=UURfpCSwSFj9WxL_PHQO2Y1Q

Edit: Just to clarify, I watched the video well in advance of doing the simulator challenge, did pretty good until the last enemy (bruiser), then the lv. 9 gave me sudden death just before killing it, and still managed to win.

I'd like to put in an official request that the Kingfisher745's videos be put on the OP. Dude provides some really good info that is useful for everybody.

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Nov 25, 2014

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Is tanking in PVP still a thing? I'd hate to harsh someone's day who was expecting my agent's four digital spotters and Luke Cage in the Doctor Doom slot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Is tanking in PVP still a thing? I'd hate to harsh someone's day who was expecting my agent's four digital spotters and Luke Cage in the Doctor Doom slot.

Rulk and Groot can do it. You'll need a better load out than that one, though.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

Rulk and Groot can do it. You'll need a better load out than that one, though.

He's talking about purposefully putting a weak team in so that it's easy to beat him and his score goes down so that he gets matched to other teams that are easy to beat. It's so you have an easy time getting your 5 wins a day for boxes, at the cost of your score.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jai Guru Dave posted:

I'm not deliberately trying to tank my score, but if your agent is wearing a black trenchcoat I think I just fought you. I did really well in the beta, and I'm getting my wins every day, but I'm losing more score than I'm gaining on average. The weapon this time looks crappy though so as long as I get my lockboxes and my fights dont take to long I'm happy enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've found this pretty painless so far. I'm gaining on defenses (something I've never done before) and most attacks are fairly easy. Every once and a while I face someone who just wrecks me, but the majority have been easy.

I do feel bad when I fight the guys who are clearly low level and all they have are starter gear and 15 cp heroes and Spiral can take them out with just her sword dance.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Sefer posted:

He's talking about purposefully putting a weak team in so that it's easy to beat him and his score goes down so that he gets matched to other teams that are easy to beat. It's so you have an easy time getting your 5 wins a day for boxes, at the cost of your score.

I don't think that's a thing personally. The Match making system is crazy at the moment. Sometimes I'm fighting people with half my health or teams that I can completely one shot. I think even if you try and tank your rating, there's a chance you will fight Rulk/Pestilence or Groot/Gamora Guardian teams that will likely kill you. (As in you, the player.)

But hey, your mileage may vary.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, since Captain America's Steve Rodgers outfit is for sale until December 2, I think I'm finally going to grab him and get it while I have the chance. The question is, should I get the Tactician or Scrapper alt?

So, uh, you know how Captain Steve Rogers, Mark 42 Iron Man and Mighty Thor were on sale until December 2nd? Well, they aren't there any more. I don't mean they expired a week early. I mean Captain America had seven costumes yesterday and now he only has five. They're just gone without a trace. I bought Tactician Mark 42 Iron Man yesterday and now Blaster Mark 42 is nowhere to be found, so at least costumes you bought haven't disappeared. I swear, this better be either a really bizarre glitch on my end or a Thanksgiving sale that they accidentally unlocked a week early that they're trying to put a lid on.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My tank team is GEN Agent with Kang, no ISOs. I don't drop that much in rank every day but today I lost 50pts and fought a bunch of easy sub-6000 HP teams.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
So, a couple of tips:

I finally got Rocket Raccoon to 13, so with the Phased Frequencies e-iso it makes sure he can hit even when the enemies have the Cube.

Want Morbius to hit like a truck against robotic enemies? Remember that Shred counts as Bleeding! Perfect excuse to take the Lightning Needle out of mothballs.

I'm very tempted to start using the Corned Beef scroll with a high healing item like the Staff of Asklepios, not just for the chance to take down 100% health from an enemy, but because taking down the last 25% in one go sounds pretty sweet. Even more if Star-Lord gives me an extra turn. :getin:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I thought I might actually be competitive in PVP this season, since I did very well in the pre-season, but then I remembered that PVP isn't for dirty cubeless like me.

I don't understand how PVP damage works at all. I've had matches with people whose armory bonus was very similar to mine, and sometimes they're one-shotting my characters with ease and sometimes I'm doing the same thing to other players. I don't know where that comes from.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I thought I might actually be competitive in PVP this season, since I did very well in the pre-season, but then I remembered that PVP isn't for dirty cubeless like me.

I don't understand how PVP damage works at all. I've had matches with people whose armory bonus was very similar to mine, and sometimes they're one-shotting my characters with ease and sometimes I'm doing the same thing to other players. I don't know where that comes from.

In addition to armory, there's also hero bonuses, which can make a big difference. Level of characters, level of weapons, and level of ISOs also have an effect.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Halloween Jack posted:

Hero bonuses?

I can generally hit Diamond (or Vibranium if I really struggle), but since starting the game I've taken a few, several-month-long breaks from it- breaks that tend to align with things like "The Cosmic Cube" and some of the best Spec Ops characters. I'm missing about 6 Spec Op Characters (only 3 of which I can currently recruit), and 5 Lockbox heroes, but am otherwise caught up on everything and its a real struggle to stay competitive sometimes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah so they reduced the amount of bonuses you get from the Armoury because it was getting ludicrous. And it can be telling.
For instance I have an offensive armoury bonus of about 150K. That's average, but if you hover over that the breakdown is like about 600 attack or something.
I ran into a guy with full Offensive Heavy Armoury bonus of like 200K. I figured that the fight would be a curbstomp.
It was, only in my favour. That Armoury bonus translated into only like an 800 attack bonus.

Meanwhile Hero wise all my dudes are level 14. That gave me an Attack bonus of over 6,000. He only had like 3 or 4 Blasters. For like a score of 200.

In short my huge Hero bonus completely eclipsed his Armoury bonus and I annihilated him.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

I concurr with the Hero bonus being the most important thing to watch for in PVP. Prior to the Pre-VP seasons, I had like 4-5 heroes in each class at level 12. Now I have double that number, and it makes a world of difference.

The other way I made up the power difference is in that now I have a team with good sinergy. Star-Lord gives me extra turns, Rocket joins in counters with the ionizing a-iso in his lv. 1, my agent has the Guardian Insignia that gives everyone survival training, a hard-hitting weapon, a counter weapon to get more Rocket help, and the Cube in the last slot, mainly for debuffs/healing. If I didn't have the Cube, I'd substitute with the Scroll of Angolob/Psychic Amplifier.

The only teams that have given me trouble are Guardians Groot/Gamora, and only if I had really bad luck with the proc order. Also, Groot/Havok, since all my energy attacks didn't affect Havok as much.

In the second Pre-VP I made Adamantium, finally. I guess that in this season, I might get to Vibranium with some effort.

I guess that the lesson is that we should always have someone training for a higher level. It will take a while, but there's still like 20 days before PVP ends, that's like 20 characters training from lv.11 to 12, if you have the necessary silver, of course.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
One-shotted Epic Boss Skadi with Unibeam, didn't get the overkill :argh:

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
It took someone pointing out the budget option with Skadi is the Damage Amplifier for me to finally beat the score. White Iron Fist, and Quicksilver, agent with Damage Amplifier/Neurotrope/Vampire Sword/Hallowed Flamethrower. Managed to get a huge overkill on Skadi and both infiltrators, ended up with 97,000. I had to restart the battle a couple of times to make sure QS went first though.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?
Looks like all of the prior PVP heroes are on sale for 50 gold a pop until Monday. Trying to decide if I should snag anyone at that price.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Unlocked Moonstone and Omega Sentinel five minutes apart. Praise to the Turkey God

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What's the trick to the Dr Voodoo Heroic? I feel like I'm missing something

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You want to use the L1 and the L6 Vodoun Crows to apply those magic DoTs, then use Spirit Possession so you can stay phased for a couple rounds while the DoTs burn away. It really helps if you have the Recovering ISO so you can recharge and heal while they futilely punch away at you.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MaximumBob posted:

Looks like all of the prior PVP heroes are on sale for 50 gold a pop until Monday. Trying to decide if I should snag anyone at that price.

Spiral is probably one of the top infiltrators, especially if you get her eISO that lets you use all her dances as a regular action.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

You want to use the L1 and the L6 Vodoun Crows to apply those magic DoTs, then use Spirit Possession so you can stay phased for a couple rounds while the DoTs burn away. It really helps if you have the Recovering ISO so you can recharge and heal while they futilely punch away at you.

In the alternative if you have the A-Iso that adds Radiation Exposure to your energy attacks (or Doctor Voodoo's that makes his Level 6 a Quick Action. But that one took me months to farm, so I reckon it's a tough one to get.) that also helps as more dots are your friend.
The basic idea of the fight is you need to kill both guys with Dots.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wow, Puffin is a lot better than it used to be. I can actually play on my iPad without using the crappy iOS app.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who do you think will be the next Worthy character? based on Characters who are crummy I'd say Spider-Woman is the most likely candidate. Unless they start giving people who actually had it in Fear Itself. I would love Hawkeye or Widow getting all glowy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Who do you think will be the next Worthy character? based on Characters who are crummy I'd say Spider-Woman is the most likely candidate. Unless they start giving people who actually had it in Fear Itself. I would love Hawkeye or Widow getting all glowy.

I think Gambit for sure, and maybe Panther. Sif would be a good candidate if they want to use asgardians

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It kinda bums me to get Luke Cage and Black Panther alts, but not the ones we would like.

Thing, though, I just want him to not suck.

They could give one to Squirrel Girl, I could even see that happening. But it would be kind of pointless; I mean, that's like if Galactus got the Uni-Power, it would be too insignificant to matter to an entity of that power level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

I think Gambit for sure, and maybe Panther. Sif would be a good candidate if they want to use asgardians

Gambit would actually use his hammer as well. I'm actually surprised they have not released a Jamie Alexander Sif costume. Maybe they're saving that for Thor 3?

• Locked thread