Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

It says in the article it'll be the Dethlok from the current comics run, not the AoS one

Rats. Next spec op will probably be something Secret Wars related, or maybe just one of those filler ones because they don't want to have two huge ones in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Opopanax posted:

Dethlok is going to be the next PVP hero,
also we're getting mechs for the agents that will work like the Hulkbuster :hellyeah:

That is one lame Deathlok. It's this guy:

or NOTHING.

Evilgm
Dec 31, 2014
PvP Season 21 is about to start - Patch Notes: https://www.playdomforums.com/showthread.php?235981-Forum-Patch-Notes-2015-5-22

And Kate Bishop is an upcoming hero: https://twitter.com/MAAInsiders/status/601809368259039232/photo/1

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

And that must be why I can't log in.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

They've made a load of actions Free Actions. (Most important ones are BP's Panther Stance, Enchantress two quick actions, Squirel Girls Nuts to this and bizarrely only one of Loki's actions.)

But amazingly enough they have made Colosus Steel Curtain a Quick Action. So if you have his A-Iso and his E-Iso he's an absolutely amazing tank. Thing still sucks.

Oh and they've also released Angela for sale. No sign of an AoU costume and Widow runs out tomorrow.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Also known as Hawkeye, unless you're in Jersey. Then she's "Lady Hawkman."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's weird that we're getting Lady Hawkman, but soon we'll be getting Hawkdad instead of Hawkguy.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011
Playdom being Playdom they haven't worked all the bugs out yet, my Tac suit says it's both a free and quick action.

Edit: OH SWEET they changed Stalled so that it makes quick actions normal actions instead of locking them out.

Mister Chompers fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 23, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The best Hawkeye according to Deadpool. Glad they're using her current costume rather than her awful original one.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I cannot loving believe I just paid CP for Angela, the gooniest wank fantasy that was introduced to the Marvel universe like a goon would introduce his wank fantasy into his lovely D&D campaign.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So currently there is a gold sale on. And the gold item is one of those items that would work perfectly in the set which gives your Agent debuffs.
And that set is also on sale.

On a completely unrelated note the rumour is that you will be able to buy a fifth item slot.
http://www.reddit.com/r/MAA/comments/36xkyn/leak_fifth_gear_slot_on_sale_soon/

So begin with the conspiracy theories.

:tinfoil:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

So currently there is a gold sale on. And the gold item is one of those items that would work perfectly in the set which gives your Agent debuffs.
And that set is also on sale.

On a completely unrelated note the rumour is that you will be able to buy a fifth item slot.
http://www.reddit.com/r/MAA/comments/36xkyn/leak_fifth_gear_slot_on_sale_soon/

So begin with the conspiracy theories.

:tinfoil:

The smart thing to do would've been to release the 5th gear slot, wait a month, and then do the Quick Action changes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Eddain posted:

The smart thing to do would've been to release the 5th gear slot, wait a month, and then do the Quick Action changes.

No then it would have lead to all manner of janky/broken combos (five QA item agents etc...) for a month before the fix.

Like in WoW whenever they release new talent trees before they balance stuff out for new expansions.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I would like if the new gear spaces are used for custom counters, like a guy said in The Helicarrier podcast half a year ago.

Other good use would be to get weapons passives, like the cube 20% dodge, finally leaving one of the active slots free.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

Leethax seems completely hosed since the update. With it on the game won't load.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Kali11324 posted:

Leethax seems completely hosed since the update. With it on the game won't load.

Its working fine for me. I updated it this morning and havent had any issues with it today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So what's the en vogue team to use in PVP this time around? I've sat out the last few seasons.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AoU Widow and Hulk have worked pretty well for me. Widow counters the poo poo out of everything you do and Iron Fist can't stop her.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Defiance Industries posted:

AoU Widow and Hulk have worked pretty well for me. Widow counters the poo poo out of everything you do and Iron Fist can't stop her.

Which Hulk?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you're using Age of Ultron suits for one hero you want to use them for the other, too, so AoU Hulk as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's what I'm going to try. No fear of IF, and no worries about using a tactician Hulk since Widow makes it so nobody can counter. I just need to finish research on the rifle and I can start bashing some heads in

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

So what's the en vogue team to use in PVP this time around? I've sat out the last few seasons.

Nul and Kuurth are immune to a bunch of things, counter a ton, and Nul's 'nerf' actually made it easier to get stacks of Meteor Swarm, which when fully stacked and combined with a signpost means you can do nothing but drain their life and recharge through the second half of a fight and still win. You'll have to have completed the chapter masteries though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm experimenting, and found AoU Widow and Hulk work really well together, and switching over to the newer tact suit with the widow iso to make his attacks stealthy and the tbolt love/eugin's eye combo still works great.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Since Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are the days when Playdom release most of their new content, I'd say that we will get AoU Thor tonight.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Man, gently caress fratricide on IOS. I'm fighting Selene and Sebastian Shaw for task 23, and it keeps freezing during the second phase. I have to hard close the app, and I lose my ISO points.

Also, I haven't received any gifts for a week, and it's letting me send more than 10 per person, so some sort of communication is broken. It also won't let me send out ship upgrade help requests.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

Yeah that's what I'm going to try. No fear of IF, and no worries about using a tactician Hulk since Widow makes it so nobody can counter. I just need to finish research on the rifle and I can start bashing some heads in

So far they have lost every single defense.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Where would be the best place to try and grind for the USB sticks?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Mission 1 worked for me. Iron Man deploy, one easy battle, collect your USB (hopefully), abort, and repeat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Shouldn't the new suits be Mandroids?

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Shouldn't the new suits be Mandroids?

That would be very cool.

I am still so pissed I missed out on the God drat CUBE!!! I really hope they release it again somehow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did once. I think it was like 120 gold.

Evilgm
Dec 31, 2014
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/marvel-avengers-alliance-updates-producer-tony-sherrill-talks-spider-verse-spec-ops-444881

Next SpecOp will apparently be Spider-Verse. Thor is the next costume, as predicted

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hopefully Hawkeye's AoU suit makes him much better. I want to use Kate but if a lot of her utility comes from pairing with Clint, well...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hawkeye is really good with the recent iso. So hopefully his new costume can make him top tier.

I also want to run Team Hawkeye nonstop.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Just need one more USB stick and I can make the legion pulse rifle. Only took me two thousand unstable ISO.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

""I don’t want to get into the specifics of the release dates, but I’ll tell you that Thor is next, followed by Vision. The “Avengers: Age of Ultron” Vision will not be a disappointment.""

I like the implication that the Thor suit is terrible

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

A Superior Spider-man costume?

I look forward to this, but it sounds like another attempt to make Spidey a top tier character. That's like the fourth, fifth attempt?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Question IRL posted:

A Superior Spider-man costume?

I look forward to this, but it sounds like another attempt to make Spidey a top tier character. That's like the fourth, fifth attempt?

I'm guessing he'll be a separate lockbox character since they mention Miles as the main unlockable hero

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Opopanax posted:

""I don’t want to get into the specifics of the release dates, but I’ll tell you that Thor is next, followed by Vision. The “Avengers: Age of Ultron” Vision will not be a disappointment.""

I like the implication that the Thor suit is terrible

Get this! With his AoU costume, Might of Mjolnor stacks up to 4 times! Totally worth 70 CP's, right guys?
Guys?
Where is everybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
AOU Vision better not be on a time limit because that would be some bullshit

• Locked thread