Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Vision's Level 9 a-iso doesn't seem to work with his new alt. The Level 2 one does, though.

On the plus side, X-23's a-iso now DOES work with her alt.

Jeabus Mahogany fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I appreciate the subtle touches, like the Helicarrier flying over the White House on the 4th...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

I appreciate the subtle touches, like the Helicarrier flying over the White House on the 4th...

Thanks Obama!

How is the full set from this spec op? I'm wondering if its worth just buying the last few superior tech I need to make the sensor thing.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Thanks Obama!

How is the full set from this spec op? I'm wondering if its worth just buying the last few superior tech I need to make the sensor thing.

From my experience, it's okay, but not the new hotness. I have everything but the big kid sword, but if you equip everything you get a decent passive buff to attack, accuracy, and evasion.

As said before, the sensor is nice if running team Hawkeye because it is a cheap pinpoint target with no cool down that gives you a minor buff. I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the Fatal Blow buff doesn't go away for the whole battle after you use it, if you like fatal blow.

I'll wait for the more experienced hands to weigh in before I contemplate dropping gold myself.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've got the full set. The sword is the best thing, because it follows up your allies single-target attacks quite a lot for huge damage, although I'm not sure if you need the other pieces of the set to make it hit that hard, since you get Attack bonuses for having the rest of it. But I had just the sword and the mask for a while and it was hitting pretty hard. I've been cleaving through PVE pretty easy with it. The other two things, they don't seem to bring a lot to the table... but I might not be getting exactly how they all interact.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
The Rapier's definitely the best part of the set. It does good damage, it follow-ups attacks, it's stealthy with another piece of the set, it's just a really nice weapon.

The Vigilante Mask has a decent passive and makes the Rapier do way more damage, so if there's one combo to get from this spec op it's that. By itself the passives aren't really good enough to bother with, but you get it as part of finishing the spec op so who cares.

The Superior Sensor is honestly complete overkill most of the time if you're using it with the Rapier and Mask, but it's also the piece I can see being the most useful outside of the set. After all, it should combo well with any high-damage single target weapon.

I haven't researched the Bio-Electric Pistol yet, but it seems like the most skippable part of the set. Still, I'm probably going to buy one or two more tech components and research it anyway. It's just the easiest source of Skirmisher I've seen so far.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A minor tangent, but I wanted to complain: Neutralized is a lovely status effect. It neutralizes Infiltrators and Paragon stuff, but doesn't work against special buffs that increase stats (such as, for example, Inheritor's Power).

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Halloween Jack posted:

A minor tangent, but I wanted to complain: Neutralized is a lovely status effect. It neutralizes Infiltrators and Paragon stuff, but doesn't work against special buffs that increase stats (such as, for example, Inheritor's Power).

Neutralized doesnt do anything to infiltrators, are you maybe talking about Disadvantage which applies neutralized if the target is a bruiser? I use Ares in PVP with his iso that puts Disadvantage on his lvl 2, and I havent noticed there being too many stat increasing effects on bruiserrs that it doesnt stop. I know it works on hulk up and warbound at least.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, I meant Bruisers. It works fine against most status effects that other players can bring to bear in PVP, but you can't use it as an anti-boss strategy, usually.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I got a few more CP than I expected this week.

If I could only buy one of the on sale costumes, which should I get? Scrapper Steve?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

slut chan posted:

I got a few more CP than I expected this week.

If I could only buy one of the on sale costumes, which should I get? Scrapper Steve?

I'd go for Tactician Steve Rogers, myself. That alt's main strength is the variety of status effects it can put out and Tactician's extra turn gives you way more flexibility in applying them than Scrapper's follow-up.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I'd go for Tactician Steve Rogers, myself. That alt's main strength is the variety of status effects it can put out and Tactician's extra turn gives you way more flexibility in applying them than Scrapper's follow-up.

Okay, thanks. I was only thinking scrapper to give him more class options, but that makes sense.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Seconded. Definitely get Captician Rogers over Scraptain Rogers.

(I eventually bought both, but Captician is better.)

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dagnabbit. LET ME GET MY 5 FIGHTS. Stop "game has been updated'ing me.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Steve Vader posted:

I have trying to grind to get Visions new costume and it seems like that happens only when I hit commend points.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So two interesting bugs I came across.

I was rocking the Cybernetic Cannon and Blade in PvP, when I discovered that Malignant Ice is supposed to make enemy quick actions into normal actions. Only that was multiple Spec Ops ago and I don't think it was brought into line with the recent QA/Free Action changes. Because currently in PvP it has no effect on enemy Quick Actions. So as a result of that, I put them aside, and I've been using the Relentless Rapier from this Spec Ops along with the Mask for the 2 set bonus. But I may swap it out for the Pistol as that grants Skirmisher.

The other more annoying bug isif you have snappy Service in your Tactician Suit, it can use up the Quick Action on the suits Free Action to take two turns.

So if you go Free Action to take a second turn, you only get two actions after that and no Quick Actions.

If instead (and you have to do it in this order) Quick Action (a buff or other Quick Action item) THEN free Action to take two turns, you can get two actions after that.

It's annoying but worth noting if you are using the Tac Suit with Snappy Service.

In other news, I'm finding PvP really easy at the moment. So much so I'm just bringing along other heroes (like Deathlock or Superior) just to get bonus XP on my PvP wins and level them up.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Something odd I noticed, with the superior combat sensor and a scrapper agent, even though its a free action, I'm getting my follow up attack on it against infiltrators (with 2 other spider set bits).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

Oh good I thought that was just me. I blew 9 gold to get the superior tech to make the sensor. I figured the game was nice enough to give me 5 of them today i can give a little back.

Probably won't see the Ant-man spec op for 2 weeks, I can't see them starting it before the movie is released. Hopefully we'll get the next AoU suit between then, which is it Hawkeye?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Oh good I thought that was just me. I blew 9 gold to get the superior tech to make the sensor. I figured the game was nice enough to give me 5 of them today i can give a little back.

Probably won't see the Ant-man spec op for 2 weeks, I can't see them starting it before the movie is released. Hopefully we'll get the next AoU suit between then, which is it Hawkeye?

Don't be so sure.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-marvel-games-ant-man-20150630-story.html

quote:

(t)he Marvel gaming universe will receive a large update on July 9 to celebrate a small addition.

So maybe it'll be out on Thursday?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just got stomped by someone in PVP so I decided checked out his armory. I'm not sure if he's cheating to get gold or just a dumbass with a lot of money.

25x - Staff of Storms
21x - Legion Pulse Rifles
14x - Hi Tech Gauntlets
7x - Relentless Rapiers
1x - Vigilante Toolkit
1x - Magnetic Pulse Cannon
1x - Iso-saur Whisper
1x - Munin's Eye
1x - Hugin's Eye
1x - Scroll of Rutamarroth

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That would be awesome. I wonder how they make Lang different than Pym.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Some more info about the upcoming SpecOps

Ugh, them making A-Iso available for mission stars, I could skip the weapon research but having limited time ISO that could make Nova worthwhile?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

An A-Iso for Juggernaut?
I'm in!

Plus even from the barest of description, Scott Lang sounds thirty times better than Miles Morales.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Any word on fixes for the Infiltrator Battle Suit?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

Any word on fixes for the Infiltrator Battle Suit?

None that I've heard of, and since they're going to have an interview at Comic-Con on Friday they're probably going to be focusing on making big, cool announcements and not announcing fixes to things that should have been fixed weeks ago but haven't because the game's code is a mess and they have a content schedule to stick to. Still, here's hoping they sneak it in with the Ant-Man patch or something.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Ant-Man Spec Op just dropped! I'll be posting again in five minutes to complain about game-crashing bugs.

No pun intended.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

And Quake is up for recruitment for 90 CP.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SiKboy posted:

And Quake is up for recruitment for 90 CP.

How much does she look like Chloe Bennett? She looks exactly like Chloe Bennett.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Finally, someone to dump all those extra Kinetic A-Isos on!

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Her recruit text is pretty awesome.

Hey. If you need a vacation. Don't go to Tahiti, okay?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I recruited her and the game immediately went down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PicklePants posted:

Her recruit text is pretty awesome.

Hey. If you need a vacation. Don't go to Tahiti, okay?

Yep, I loved that. I'm really hoping May and FitzSimmons show up in game as well.

If anyone cares their SDCC panel is at 5pm left coast time.

Sefer posted:

I recruited her and the game immediately went down.

Yea i"m getting errors whenever I try to start combat.

def person
Jan 14, 2007

From what I read,looks like you need Cyclops, Moon Knight, and Victor Mancha for epic boss.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Curious what they'll show at the panel in a few minutes. Hoping they'll give us some clues about the next chapters, like who is the other Worthy.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

def person posted:

From what I read,looks like you need Cyclops, Moon Knight, and Victor Mancha for epic boss.

How are Moon Night and Victor ?

I need a ton of points. I still need to get Vision :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Justin Woods is on the feed right now, and of course they asked about character releases and he said Spider-Girl both Anya and May, Silk, SPIDER-GWEN and SPIDER-MAN 2099!!!

Next Worthy is Nekrod (sp?)
Winter Soldier will return
They will do costumes for everyone, being a spec ops, lockbox or covert ops. Its only time.
Of course they want Spider-Ham, everyone wants Spider-Ham!

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 11, 2015

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It will be interesting to see how they make all those spider characters stand out from one another.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ugh I should have gotten Moon Knight when I had a chance with 91 CP but I wanted Quake more :negative:

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
If we get Spiderham, we better be getting Throg at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Starsnostars posted:

It will be interesting to see how they make all those spider characters stand out from one another.

They did a pretty good job making Superior and Ultimate different from regular Spider-Man.

• Locked thread