Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Yeah it's something that's happening with self ressing characters like Phoenix or Victor Mancha.
Sometimes it procs indefinitely.
Best bring a character or weapon with Despair and or Brutal Strike.
The Relentless Rapier from the last Spec Ops has Brutal Strike and is really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I had one defense so far and I got +20 to my rank.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Am I just lucky or is the Mandible's counter rate super high?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

slut chan posted:

When I use it it seems to counter 99% of the time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

slut chan posted:

It counters everything, including subtle effects. It's loving bugged to hell.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Literally every defense team I've come up against in vibranium is Nul and Kuurth. I'm confused how fatal fists is not an unarmed attack so it ignores Hugin's Eye.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

twistedmentat posted:

Literally every defense team I've come up against in vibranium is Nul and Kuurth. I'm confused how fatal fists is not an unarmed attack so it ignores Hugin's Eye.

Targeting effects like Staggered (from Nul's Level 9) and Rune of Ruin ignore the Eye's dodge effect.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Targeting effects like Staggered (from Nul's Level 9) and Rune of Ruin ignore the Eye's dodge effect.

A crap I didn't know that staggered worked on that as well.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Oh so now I get 1000 uiso

At least it gives me a chance to farm some more for the a-isos, though I haven't had much luck.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

If you are farming for them I think Mission 1 is the easiest.
But Mission 3 even on a full clear uses only slightly more Unstable Iso's. Plus you get the boss spin AND the epic boss spin so double the chances at A Iso's.
It's just that you have to do a painful boss fight with only Ant Man.
If you do have a thousand you could try killing Fixer first to make the boss figjt less painful.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I've been going through mission 3 for ages now. The fights aren't so bad with the Formican set and use of the Taco bug.

(Eating a Taco means you take two turns every round afterwards :ssh:)

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
So, who else is getting lockboxes at a rate to get Hyperion about ten minutes after the heat death of the universe? Wasn't there supposed to be side missions to throw extra boxes at you, like fifty boxes for using Shatterstar in combat or something?

(Or was I just spoiled at the comparative ease of getting lockboxers recently?)

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Jai Guru Dave posted:

So, who else is getting lockboxes at a rate to get Hyperion about ten minutes after the heat death of the universe? Wasn't there supposed to be side missions to throw extra boxes at you, like fifty boxes for using Shatterstar in combat or something?

There's a weekly mission, and I don't think we've had the second one yet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Jai Guru Dave posted:

SpOck had a crazy high drop rate for his Lockboxes.
He was my all time fastest Lockbox hero.
Covers 1 to 5 were done on my first opening.
Cover 6 took three openings.
Cover 7 took one opening.
Granted cover 8 took the full bar, but it was astonishing.

With Hyperion they are doing a weekly quest, the next round should be out tonight or tomorrow. Considering that quest gave 20 Lockboxes (where past ones just gave like 5 bonus ones) I think the quests will make it a lot more manageable.

PvP is insane this season with wins only netting a tiny number of points, I'm still stuck in Gold.
Any word on why that is?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

On the Playdom forum they reckon the matchmaking is borked between Gold and Silver. If you get to Diamond it gets better. I don't know if I trust that, but sure why not spend 40 of those five PvP match tokens to try and break into a higher league. That is clearly what PvP is about.

In other news there is some speculation that Chapter Nine is going to introduce some fundamental change to the game. Either level 15 for all the characters. (Get grinding boys! )
Or the rumour from that Latino MAA site about a possible fifth or sixth item slot for the agent.
The last one offers some amazing possibilities. Like being able to field a full 4 piece set (The Horseman) and still take an essential piece like the Cube or the Scroll.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet the 5th slot for the agent costs 100 gold or something.

If they are changing something about the game, then I'd guess we won't get it this week. Oh boy, a week of just pvp and dailies.

Black Roscoe works really well against Kul and Nuurth teams.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 6, 2015

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Trying to grind for A-Isos and I keep getting dupes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Got my last piece of Pym Tech to research the Mandible.

Game lagged and I accidentally clicked Carapace instead of Mandible. gently caress.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Ross Angeles posted:

Got my last piece of Pym Tech to research the Mandible.

Game lagged and I accidentally clicked Carapace instead of Mandible. gently caress.

Two options:

1) Submit a ticket and maybe Playdom will deign to help you
2) Quit playing and revel in your newfound freedom

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is a Invisible Women/Molly team still viable for defense ?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Is a Invisible Women/Molly team still viable for defense ?

It's okay, but not as good as it used to be. I don't see it that often, really. Most people now have something to break shields so they can exhaust or cause bleeds on Molly.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I decided to run like 35 fights to try and get into Diamond.

Jesus it was rough. Like wins were at best earning me 6 points. Many were only netting me only 1 or 2 points.
Upon hitting Diamond League, my wins were netting me 9 points so maybe it was worth the time.

What I will say I only lost 1 fight in all my fights. (Which lost me like 26 points. So that took a whole lot longer to get back up the chain.)

The team that beat me was Agent with Cosmic Cardinal, Union Jack and Generalist Rocket Racoon. Jesus that team was rough. UJ shooting dudes, which made Rocket shoot everyone, which then caused UJ to shoot everyone, and the Agent was also shooting people.
In short my team got shot to poo poo, and I could do nothing.

I hear Union Jack and Rocket or Union Jack (Team: Rocket Union and Spider-Man Noir (known as Team: Black Jack) are the new hotness in PvP.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
How did everyone do? I got: Ant-Man, a-iso for Blade and area attacks, The Pincer, The Stinger, The honor-whatever rifle.

It's nice having the whole Formican set, incredible one-shot potential with all the pieces. And all those counters!

Now, if only I could get more than 5 point wins in PVP...

Anyone know when Ch. 9 will hit? My guess is that between tonight and tomorrow.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm doing great with the Mandible and Stinger with Viglante Mask/Relentless Rapier

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I like the Formican set, but I don't know about using it without all four pieces, and that is a commitment I'm not ready to make.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Kal-L posted:

How did everyone do? I got: Ant-Man, a-iso for Blade and area attacks, The Pincer, The Stinger, The honor-whatever rifle.

It's nice having the whole Formican set, incredible one-shot potential with all the pieces. And all those counters!

Now, if only I could get more than 5 point wins in PVP...

Finished the weapon set. I got Nightcrawlers and Shannas a-ISO and two of the ones that make certain attacks catastrophic.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've been using Moonstone with her character's E-iso and A-iso in PVP along with snappy service. As long as a Quicksilver/Star Lord team doesn't knock her off in the first round before she gets phased, she'll demolish the entire enemy team in the second with her Big Bang.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Kal-L posted:

Usually they have a few forum posts stating the changes they're making, because usually chapters bring forth new gameplay elements they like to tout before they drop the chapter itself. I'd venture a guess we get some news in the next few days, and maybe sometime next week we get the new chapter...

EDIT: Really disappointed we didn't get movie FF costumes this week that actively make the characters worse than their normal counterpart :v:

GLOSS fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 7, 2015

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

GLOSS posted:

EDIT: Really disappointed we didn't get movie FF costumes this week that actively make the characters worse than their normal counterpart :v:

I don't think Mr.Fantastic can get any worse. :v:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Crap, I thought I still had some time left. I was one Pym thing away from the Carapace to complete the Formican set, but I had to drive all day. drat. I wanted to get Mr. F and Blade's aISO. I got all the others, though.

vv Oh yeah. Duh. Thanks.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 7, 2015

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Steve Vader posted:

Crap, I thought I still had some time left. I was one Pym thing away from the Carapace to complete the Formican set, but I had to drive all day. drat. I wanted to get Mr. F and Blade's aISO. I got all the others, though.

Pretty sure you could spend 3 gold for the last tech thing and still research it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i still have research for the staff of storms sitting around, along with other stuff I never got all the required items for.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Gonna buy a new hero but can't decide between Deadpool(I have his E-ISO) or Red Hulk.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rulk is already better than Deadpool but with Snappy Service he's one of the best characters in the game.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Rulk is already better than Deadpool but with Snappy Service he's one of the best characters in the game.

Deadpool is incredibly handy for group bosses if you set things up right though, he's usually my go to guy when there aren't easy modes like meteor swarm or Fixer's mines.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

He was everyones go-to about 4-5 group bosses ago, but since I think Arcade most of the group bosses have a way of clearing/preventing debuffs that takes a lot of his punch away. You can still use him to do a lot of damage, you just need to be careful about timing/team him with a character like ange or cable who can give an extra turn so the debuffs and debuff exploiting attack land one after the other.

I see both those characters turn up in PVP fairly regularly. All other things being equal I'd probably take Rulk over Deadpool, but obviously do whatever you like.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Given that there is a pretty good chance that Chapter 9 will drop tonight, I wouldn't buy a hero until after that drops. But hey, the choice is yours.

Oh and Grant, that tip about Moonstone was spot on. With Snappy Service and her own E Iso, it becomes very easy to get her phased and start stacking up Singularity.
Even with one or two stacks of it and being Phased (with the A Iso) she's hitting groups for 19k damage.
On Crits that goes up to 40K damage. Big Bang indeed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SiKboy posted:

He was everyones go-to about 4-5 group bosses ago, but since I think Arcade most of the group bosses have a way of clearing/preventing debuffs that takes a lot of his punch away. You can still use him to do a lot of damage, you just need to be careful about timing/team him with a character like ange or cable who can give an extra turn so the debuffs and debuff exploiting attack land one after the other.

I see both those characters turn up in PVP fairly regularly. All other things being equal I'd probably take Rulk over Deadpool, but obviously do whatever you like.

For a couple of bosses more you could use Spiral or some other Depower user to still Deadpool it up, but yeah it's mostly about whatever percent based DoT they forgot to nerf now.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

The Question IRL posted:

Given that there is a pretty good chance that Chapter 9 will drop tonight, I wouldn't buy a hero until after that drops. But hey, the choice is yours.

Oh and Grant, that tip about Moonstone was spot on. With Snappy Service and her own E Iso, it becomes very easy to get her phased and start stacking up Singularity.
Even with one or two stacks of it and being Phased (with the A Iso) she's hitting groups for 19k damage.
On Crits that goes up to 40K damage. Big Bang indeed.

Eh, if hes asking about rulk vs deadpool I figure there are still a fair number of heroes he needs to recruit to do the earlier season 2 chapter masteries, I'd be suprised if he turns out to be one 90 point hero away from Ch. 9 mastery. In theory what he'd be best off doing is seeing which chapters he is closest to mastering and who he still needs to get to complete them, but that is more efffort than just getting who he likes. From memory DP has a heroic battle in ch 1 or 2, unlocks a premium mission, and maybe a deploy somewhere, Red Hulk is a heroic battle in ch 6 or 7 and is a deploy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Deadpool is better than Rulk. Rulk is pretty easy to get around nowadays. Exhaust him, clear his buffs, put cornered on him, etc. Any of that and he's no threat at all. Deadpool still has the ability to hit you with a forced refresh off of any action you do. Then he can heal and resurrect, and his X-Force costume with boon buster does a shitload of damage with any of his moves.

• Locked thread