Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

Fred is on posted:

I spend my gold on magnetic lockboxes. It's a frustrating gold sink (I've been sitting at 7/8 for a long while now) but as far as I know it's the only way left to get Magneto, and it prevents me from making dumb impulse buys. I did the same thing for Omega Sentinel and got lucky enough to get few duplicates, and honestly I think it was worth it.

Unrelatedly, I've been sitting at Spec Ops task 17 for nearly three days now. At this rate the last Red Skull I need to fight will be my own. Any way to force a refresh of the allies bar, come to think?

I don't understand how people get stuck on that task. Just fight your own red skull 3 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Moreau posted:

Having some good luck in PVP with Rescue, Generalist Agent and Generalist Quicksilver so far. Not enough to get Angel, but its nice to do win all my matches for a change!

If you guys have War Machine's newest suit, pair him with Rescue and I think that's the best AFK team currently. I was getting defensive wins against players rated above 2000 last season.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sefer posted:

Do you only get the nuggets for the first 5 fights of a day, or for every fight?

First 5 fights you win, I believe. Each day.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Blaster is probably the worst thing to have in pvp right now because you don't see that many bruisers and there's lots it tacticians running around.

Why I'm hoping Wanda gets a new outfit soon so you can make her something else. Probably a tact, maybe inf. Hah! If she was an inf she would counter with hex spheres.

TONS of people use bruisers. I ran with a 3-bruiser team for a while last season, and nearly every agent is a bruiser it seems. The problem is that blasters give tacts too big of an advantage.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Is Emma still in pretty much every Adamantium team? I might bite the bullet and get her this time. Aside from how useful she seems to be she's the only spec ops hero I don't already have

I fight against her all the time in adamantium. She has some counters (e.g., Juggs) but they seem to be rarely used. I'd definitely pick her up, even if she isn't as dominate as what she used to be.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Grem posted:

Before you guys get all crazy about the Shephard's Staff, I'd like to note I have not lost to a single person that has been using it.

I don't think it's that good, tbh. I won't be using it, and I honestly probably won't spent any gold on it. If I get all the drops, fine. If I don't, then I don't.

For those PvPing, Kitty + Phx = easy-mode. Mindlink to kitty and watch the enemy kill themselves. It's even better nowadays because there are so few scrappers in play.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

You can get more than 1 lockbox from Blackheart. I've received 3 and 5 before. And ignore counter-classes. Wolverine is probably the best character for him. Get 3 bleeds on him and Wolverine can cause so much damage.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Kali11324 posted:

Maybe I have the wrong set up or I'm missing something but I am not impressed by it.

I don't think much of it either, although I do recognize its power on offense if you use while phased. I don't use phase much though.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Playdom already posted that everyone who received him in error this time gets to keep him. They never take things away from players. Not sure they even can?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Fred is on posted:

So which characters would you recommend for lazy players in that stretch, when you're overlevelled, between "strategy is no longer really necessary" and "Hulk can one-shot the enemy team"?

Right now I've got a good team going with Magneto and Cyclops, what with all the counters, followups and preemptive attacks, but I'm sure it can be improved. Union Jack, maybe? What would be good on my Agent?

Wolverine and Cyclops are a good combo. Wolverine gets extra turns and his damage is pretty drat good, especially when someone is bleeding.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I've used Havok more this season than before. He seems to be a good answer for protect teams. Except even with all the ISO I put into accuracy he still misses his level 1 almost every time I try to use it.

I use Havok on 100% of my offensive teams so far this season, he's just amazing. Can't really rationalize using any other hero. He can one-shot nearly any character and his exhaust debuff is just boss. If you have the Cosmic cardinal, Havok can take out Phoenix permanently nearly every time - Havok one-shots her, and your hero will do the cosmic cardinal follow-up and finish her off. The proc rate on this for the agent is so high that I am shocked when it doesn't happen.

I see Emma and/or Rescue more this season than ever before. As much as I enjoy PvP, it's really the same old heroes over and over.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

A good idea, except if Havoc attacks a Tactician THEY get an extra turn. And given that I've sometimes run into Rescue/Emma Frost/Iron Patrior teams (or on occasions all Tactician teams) giving those characters even one turn is sometimes enough to completely scrap your game plan. (Rescue just needs one partial turn to hit your infiltrator with Off Balance, Remove your buffs and still have an action left to Protect.)

That being said, if you do use his Plasma Spheres, they won't be getting extra actions.
I may try running a Havoc/Union Jack multi hit team if and when the Po4/Lewis gets nerfed.

Exactly, use his AOE and no one gets extra turns. Honestly, I know I've said it before, but I think he's the top 1 or 2 characters on offense.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Jagermonster posted:

Is this official? Or just something they have to fix? If this is the case, I'm never going to get enough to do this spec ops.

How is that possible? I usually finish spec ops well before the deadline, even with no additional UISOs. 50 a day from allies is more than enough.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Devo posted:

Had five lockboxes going into today, finished my PVP for five more. Then I got ten more on my bonus spin !!! :unsmith:

So of course I got two duplicates. I've been stuck on 7/8 for a week now while making sure to get my five wins in every day :smith:

I know it's all random and bullshit, but nowadays I always open mine 1 by 1 and it's worked out a lot better for me.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

So has anyone bought the Obliterator? Seems like it could be a really good anti-Rescue weapon with it's all enemy Catastrophic Shield Breaker.

It's not that good. Save your money.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yep. P5 Cyclops is pretty awesome. I had a battle last night where we almost got nuked in the first turn by Modern Thor, but he triggered all 3 of my characters into attack, and destroyed the other team.

I wish I had known you didn't have to complete incursions or heroic battles to unlock Doc Ock epic boss. That would have saved me so much anguish.

Is Angel's Alt worth getting? 90 CPs is a lot, and while I've got nearly 150 banked, I'm afraid there will be another 90 cp character released before Bishop gets released.

It's definitely not worth it, imo, unless you already have every other character. It's a nice alt outfit, but I don't think it's worth 90 cp. I won't be using it much.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I am getting that around 250 as well. My friends who are 100 or under all finished at either diamond and vibranium because the opponents are not nearly as tough.

I'm around level 240 and honestly, it's not that hard to win if you just pay attention to the meta and play enough. I do not have an armory full of gold items (in fact, nearly everyone I fight has a bigger armory than me), but this season, just using Cyclops and Phoenix was nearly an auto-win on offense. The key is to really play enough to get and maintain a high enough rating.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

I completely disagree with this.

Not sure what you disagree with. The system sucks, I think we can all agree on that. You have to play a lot in order to reach a high rating, that's just how it is. The problem many people have is that, each season, they go into the last day not realizing that it will be nearly impossible to rise through the ranks consistently because of the number of AFK attacks. If your goal is to reach 1310, which was the adamantium cut-off, you can't go into the last day with a score below that, or even at that. You need to be a few hundred points over that because the lovely system Playdom has in place means that you will be facing a bunch of AFK attacks. However, usually, the higher up you are, the less afk attacks you face. Think of it as crabs in a barrel, trying to get out. You want to be at the top of that barrel.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Technically true, but a)when they show up is up to the whims of Playdom (Valkyrie, for example, has been completely skipped over in favour of a Ghost Rider/Havok twofer, and Emma Frost has been up twice), b)they are very expensive (200 CP), c) "Limited Time" is roughly "three days".

I'm pretty sure Valkyrie was put back up since her initial release.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Kali11324 posted:

There are so many goddamn weapons in this game now that it makes my head spin. Signpost and Coulson's are my standbys. Other than that I really don't know what else to use. I have the gold to reforge a weapon right now and I have multiple WBAs. I saw lots of people using the horeforst mace in PvP and I could reforge that. I don't know though, I'm all hosed up.

The WBA is really the only weapon your agent ever, ever needs. Unfortunately.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

GLOSS posted:

drat, it looks like they finally deactivated the Juggernaut lockbox email, and I was down to one cover too. I just hope they didn't deactivate all the old Iso E-Mails too, that's always a good jumpoff for me when Spec Ops starts...

I get a shitload of pvp challenge points from the old emails. Love that.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

If you've fought your allys' Thanoses (Thanosis? Thanosessessses?), there's an extra reward level for taking him down by 5%. It's the "Guardian Shard" supply item. Once you collect 50 of those fuckers, you can build the mace.

Conveniently, they sell them in the store for 1 gold apiece!

Try 4 gold. So expensive for 50. Luckily people should be able to get 50 without much problem. I already have 22.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Jetfire posted:

Good lord, the "win 3 PvP battles" task is harder now than if it was during the last PvP season. Change your defense team to duds, people!

You can know the exact lineup of your opponent. How can you not win unless your bonuses are vastly lower?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Are you confusing PvP with Incursions? Because PvP isn't Incursions.

In order to win 3 pvp fights currently, you have to do practice matches. You can do a practice match against the same person/time 30 times in a row if you want. Just pick a team that counters their team.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Georgia Peach posted:

Every time I've fought a practice match it's given me the same five people to chose from without any mixing it up.

This is the case with me as well, and has always been the case.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

The thought of starting this game over again on a tablet without leethax makes me want to kick puppies

You couldn't pay me a billion dollars to start over on iOS. Too many hours invested.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Synthetic cube is certainly worth spending gold to complete if you're missing any of the parts. Its nice to watch Reality Hacking pop up over my agent as the other team tries to take him down over and over.

The cube is so ridiculous. Can't believe playdom thought it was a good idea. Sure, there are ways to counter it when you're on offense... if you're also using the cube.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sefer posted:

Which means scrappers should be powerful, unless they add more armor with that slot before the next season.

Scrappers will *never* be powerful because they buff they give to bruisers is just decimating.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So uh, facebook's large energy reward of the day can be claimed over and over again by F5ing the page. I've gotten about 100 large energies out of it so far.

Link to this? Can't find it.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Yeah, but Kurse has gotta be the easiest group boss yet.

Yeah I can regularly take about 70 to 80% off him using the cube and my cannon.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I don't have any Facebook friends who play the game, so I never get the non-PvP lockbox heroes.

Psylocke/Black Widow shreds stuff in PvP though so at least I get the daily 5 of whatever when they run those easy enough.

Probably too late, but next time create a facebook account just for games like this. That way, you can add all the random people you want.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Fred is on posted:

Or play on Playdom.

Edit: I just noticed that Heimdall can provide four of the Finest Hour buffs on his first turn. :stare: I guess I'll be checking how well he does with Omega Sentinel once I get him.

I think him and Wonderman is gonna be pretty common setup.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Opopanax posted:

As someone running two blasters, boy oh boy I hope so.

I'm guessing next season will be full of Cube agents with Wanda and Phantomax though

That setup really isn't that good, Wanda and Fantomex. Yeah, there's a lot of avoidance, but there's very little offense to worry about and if you can negative the avoidance effects (e.g., truestrike, blaster empowered iso, etc), they die super easy.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So how is the Mighty Thor suit? Worth the CP to shell out for the Scrapper version, or is the Bruiser version just fine?

I don't think any scrapper is ever worth playing since it boosts bruisers up so much. Ares + bruiser agents are very common.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mister Chompers posted:

Depends on how the meta goes, with all the agents using their shiny new inf suits things could change.

Hm possible but I doubt it. People will be using the new inf suits to add the anti-stun iso, but really, if scrappers become more common, running a bruiser agent and playing for enrage is worth it for the occasional stun. I'll eat that stun all day if it means my agent can gen enrage. We'll see.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

They've changed the Vigilantie tool kit. All of it's passive buffs now require you to use their ability to activate. (So you only get Protector after you use the Cap shield.)
That being said, it Protects Single and AOE attacks, so it's sort of a buff for it.
But they have changed the various Stamina cost for the weapon since previously it was almost free to use.

No change made to the Cube near as I can tell.

The PVP change is interesting. They've split your armoury bonus in half, so half goes to Offence and half goes to Defence. Hopefully this means fighting less teams with 50K hitpoints who instantly kill you. On the other hand, I guess this will mean that having High Level Heroes is worth more of a bonus, which I approve of. (Mainly because I've got like 6 level 13 guys.)

Yeah I've been chain leveling my guys up to level 13 since we've been able. It just takes so long. I am up to 14 level 13 characters.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I dunno, the marshmallow ghost that makes your whole team ethereal is pretty sweet.

Marshmallow... sweet... I see what you did there!

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I dunno, they are hyping it up pretty crazy. Sounds like they'll reveal the next few heroes they want to release.

Has to be more than that. I am hoping for some type of new gameplay/mechanic.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Arcade is the most annoying boss yet. He really is going to buff that often? Drags it out so much. Don't really want to fight him again.

Ah energy attacks. Doh.

commish fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

DoctorDelaware posted:

Task 10 is "Fight 5 Robo-Toads." Which, of course, only show up in hero-side Mission 2. On my first run (as a hero, having already gone through as a villain to finish an earlier task), I saw...two Toads.

This SpecOps is going to be annoying as hell.

Yeah, and it's harder to plan ahead with the boards being down. At least we have 35 days.

• Locked thread