Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dracula Factory posted:

How do I add you guys as friends in the playdom version?

Well here's my account. Send me an invite and I'll add you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Eddain posted:

Wonder Man is a piece of poo poo and it's like Playdom specifically designed him to always die in every spec op boss fight. He's a weak, paper-thin Bruiser with a permanent Protect and lovely single-target attacks.

Always use Wonders Never Cease as you first attack. That way he heals when he protects, while your Agent & other hero can wail on the enemy. Or just use him as an item mule (I just kept him munching Shwarma while Hawkeye arrow'd the bosses to death)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Duranki posted:

I'm still grinding the first chapter and have a measly 22 CP. Who would be a good character purchase? I think I read that Doctor Strange is a good blaster, who I'll be able to get with one more CP. Or should I grind a few more days and save for Storm?

Get Black Cat, grind 2.3.

You got Iron Fist as your free hero, right?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Duranki posted:

Free hero? Don't think there's such a thing in the iOS version. Or do you do something in-game to trigger that?

When you unlock PVP (You do get that on iOS, right?) they should offer you a choice of a free hero to pick.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Halloween Jack posted:

I started playing this a while back, but ragequit halfway through the tutorial. Now that I'm playing it again, I just can't get enough command points to train my heroes. I've gotten my starting heroes to about level 3, but the bennies I'm getting from my Facebook friends just can't keep up. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you're on facebook. Quit and start over on playdom. It's pretty much better in every way.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Fred is on posted:

Hahahahahahaha, oh my god. That was totally worth the buildup. It's like a Rob Liefeld character factory exploded.

Dammit I was expecting Chaos Space Marines.

I mean really, a secretive cult using an 8-pointed star as their emblem? I'm surprised GW haven't sued.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

FYI, if anyone wants to get started with this game on playdom, there's a handy SDCC freebie (scroll to the bottom of the page for details):

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I completely spaced and cleared 4.4 and five-starred it.

drat it :(

Oh well, there's always 12.2.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Are we officially talking about LeetHax in this thread?

Considering an official MAA screenshot had the leethax button in it, yes.

Codependent Poster posted:

I only use leethax for collecting bonuses because gently caress going to every ally's page and clicking all over for it.

I don't think any features work with it anymore either, but I'm not gonna use it or any other hack for gold or whatever.

The auto flightdeck still works. You need to update it every now and then, but it's worth the trouble.

Remember:set it to 10 minutes (3 for level 1 jets) for the most XP, and 20 for earning silver.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SiKboy posted:

I cant seem to get the auto flightdeck to work (its the only reason I want leethax). I go into the biohazard icon, check the box next to "Automate flight deck", then hit close, then nothing happens. Am I missing something? Does the game have to be the active tab in firefox or can I just leave it open in another tab while I do other stuff?

On an unrelated note, is there any point researching stuff? I'm level 87 and I fell behind on research a while ago because I didnt have enough silver to train people and research. Now I'm finding that the weapons I occasionally get from beating bosses/lockboxes etc are worlds better than anything I can research.

Sometimes you need to kickstart it by collecting your ally bonuses with leethax.

Bell_ posted:

I keep hoping they incorporate Leethax's best feature by far: Skipping animations during fights. It's not that I dislike the animation, but the sheer volume of fights they ask for make animations drag things out and get less fun.

Silver is ridiculous to get in the iOS version. Heck, I think they even make it two or three times expensive to buy compared to the FB version so nobody but the most ridiculous or naive whales think to spend on it.

Yeah, skipping the animations is another handy benefit. It's a shame subsequent waves don't actually appear. Although you can still fight them but it's a pain since you can't check the classes of the various enemies.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Fred is on posted:

Tony Stark stumbles into a convenience store, wearing his Mk42 armor with the visor off, beard unshaven and eyes bloodshot. Furiously, he grabs all the bagged nuts he can finds and dumps them in front of the cash register. "I tried beating up Test Subjects for their acorns," he mumbles to himself, wild-eyed, breath reeking of alcohol even across the counter, "but they wouldn't give them to me. No acorns. No acorns." He notices the cashier's confusion. "HEY. DON'T give me that look, kid. You're nothing. You're nothing. Christ. I'm a loving genius and a millionaire. You're nothing. How much?"

When the kid, on the verge of tears, manages to stammer out a price, Tony nods, still mumbling to himself, over and over, about how "where squirrels go, she will follow". Then, the door slides open, and a listless SHIELD agent walks into the store, pushing a wheelbarrow filled to the brim with gold ingots. After a near-hysterical phone call to the manager, the gold is dumped in the backstore while the acorns are put in the wheelbarrow, Tony leaves with the SHIELD agent. The second he's out the door, Tony stops and screams to the heavens, at the top of his lungs, "SQUIRREL GIRL! COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE!"

:allears:

This is comedy gold. Thank you for easing my Acorn-hunting pain.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I've resigned myself to the fact I'm probably stuck in diamond this season if I'm lucky.

Dammit, last two I managed to get to Vibranium. where did I go so wrong?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kelp Plankton posted:

So what's the fastest way to get Squirrel Girl that doesn't involve spending any money?

I don't really play this game anymore but on the off chance it becomes super awesome sometime in the future, I want to make sure I can use her.

Do you have rogue & gambit? if yes, you have nothing to worry bout, it explains the whole process as you go. But you need those two to complete the covert task.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

I don't know anything about that, but the Mutagen Emitter is effecting all my team when I use it now, which is awesome. Might have something to do with Ares and his War Never Changes buff.

I've had it happening even before I unlocked Ares. (I only got him day before yesterday, I had other poo poo to do)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

What is the deal with Tactical Thanos' beam blast? He just totally oneshots my guys and there's no way I can see to counter it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Bought the gold weapon for the set. It's not bad, but it only heals you for a few hundred. Probably not worth it. :(

It works if you have the Guardian or Watcher and Protector (you should at least have the guardian and protector from over the course of the SO). Activate the protector, then when you attack with the Watcher or Guardian, it'll follow up with the Might. I like the synergy. I'm glad that most of the functionality of the set is achievable with 3 out of the four pieces, though I'd like to nab the watcher before the SO ends.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TV Zombie posted:

Down to the last spec ops objective and they want me to beat Dorrammu, the epic boss in mission 2. The clue that was given to face off against Dorrammu was that I needed to complete my deploys as quickly as I could and the last deploys are Wasp, Psylocke and Red Hulk.

All characters that I do not have. Is Black Bolt worth this frustration?

FYI you will always need 3 heroes to complete the last challenge of an SO, one of which will be a PVP reward hero. So I'd suggest that however you approach this, grab Angel for next time. On after that will be bishop, one after that will be spiral, so on that account you can get out in front.

Also, the wiki will tell you which guys you need to get to complete once an SO drops, give or take a few days. Basically, whatever the deploys are for the epic boss mission, you'll need to buy them.

It sucks, but there are ways you can get around it.

But grab BB if you can, since I think they're only selling SO heroes for 50 gold now. so spending the 25 is worth it, relatively speaking.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

milward posted:

IŽll try that out.

And I did a PvP battle (and lost) but I am in the tier now. Do I need to keep fighting or is the 100K already secured?

EDIT: Does it only work on the FB version? I play on Playdom, is that a bad choice?

It does work on playdom. You made the right choice.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Halloween Jack posted:

Spider-Man, Thor, Hercules, Scarlet Witch, Hulk, and Black Knight are the 90cps I have left to get. I'm not big fans of any of these characters, but I wonder which ones unlock the most stuff. I know I need Black Knight for S2C1, but c'mon, he's Black Knight. I found him boring as hell to team with, but I guess he could bleed-combo pretty well with Elektra and Ares.

You need SW to unlock the epic mission for S2C2, so get her first.

Also, how can anyone not be a fan of Spider-Man, Hercules ,or Thor? You're allowed to dislike one of them, or mybe even two, but all three? Nuh-uh. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jetfire posted:

Bob counts as one of the 10 Hydra soldiers required in the Moon Knight quest task.
:allears:
They thought of everything.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Is the Retractable Claw Coutnerattack on the Toolkit doing poo poo damage for anyone else? Like, single-digit.

Yeah.

I think it's probably a bug. Hopefully they'll fix it for next season.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It is a mystery to me that the Loki lockbox covers don't have a single issue of Gillen's Journey into Mystery among them (pretty much the most important Loki stories in recent years), while Constrictor's had one from Avengers Arena (when he only had a single page appearance).

I wonder what the actual criteria is.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Opopanax posted:

MAA's in it's own weird little continuity so I'm guessing Fear Itself hasn't happened

I didn't think that had any real impact on the choice of covers (see: the use of Avengers Arena 8).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Georgia Peach posted:

I've found bruiser the easiest. Iron Man and Thane shut him and his dudes down.

I managed to take my Bruiser Kurse all the way down to 48% from 100%

he switched to Infiltrator afterwards.

Whereas I wound up fighting the previous run of Kurse multiple times (I only had an hour until it reset) and the rear end in a top hat stayed as an infiltrator. And I did manage to get him down enough to score some cold iron, so I don't know what the gently caress.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ayndin posted:

Anyone else finding Kurses to be rare as hell on Playdom? Outside of the first day, I never seem to have more than three or so up a day, and it's usually more like one or two. I only need at a maximum nine more cover pulls to get Loki, so I'm not overly concerned that I'll manage that, but if this is the shape of things to come I'm not looking forward to the next SO lockbox, where I probably won't be so lucky to have six covers after seven pulls.

I've had quite a few. But I purged a bunch of my inactive allies, so that might have had something to do with it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MrBling posted:

So the only thing the Daredevil alt gets is the master assassin passive? That seems pretty weak.

Yeah, compared to White Power Ranger and 'JEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN' Cyclops, it's a bit disappointing.

Still it has a Tactician option too, so at least you get a viable PVP bonus out of him.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Steve Vader posted:

There were a handful of kids from Avengers Academy in Avengers Arena (one of whom was X-23). Academy was a book I really liked, which is why I couldn't get behind Arena, because it was like 'let's take all these cool, fledgling characters and murder them because Hunger Games is popular.'

I'd like to see Academy folks show up in this game, too. Finesse, who may or may not be Taskmaster's daughter, Hazmat and Mettle...

Well they already have an 'academy' team-up bonus, so it could happen.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Defiance Industries posted:

So the Iceman spec ops: which Ice pun from Batman & Robin will it borrow for its name? There are so many of them.

The Iceman Cometh, duh.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

Is that all it does? I've seen people posting about having issues using it.

Also, leveling QS to 13 is the most boring slog I've ever gone through.

You can also have it so it automatically sends heroes off on flight deck missions, which works out as far more efficient than sending heroes off for missions for an equivalent amount of time.

You can also collect all of your ally bonuses at once which is very convenient.

It also had item drop functionality, but I think that's vestigal and they specifically warn you that it sometimes cause CVEs.

Usually if people are complaining about having issues they mean the automatic flight deck thing.

It's really very handy. And apparently at least some people at playdom agree, since I think there's been a stry screenshot that had the leethax button/logo thing in it. Usually has some issues whenever they put out new content, but otherwise there's no issue with it as far as playdom's concerned.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 29, 2013

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

Some AIM guy going "Oh crap we got Avengers here...wait, why is that girl wearing a squirrel tail?" When some team of grade D heroes shows up.

And then it's 'FLEE FROM THE ANTI-LIFE! SLAYER OF ALL THAT BREATHES!'

No, seriously. That's how AIM reacts when they're fighting Squirrel Girl in the comics. As well they should.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Liar Lyre posted:

I loving hate PvP. If my PvP bonus isn't over 70,000 (hint: it isn't) then every fight is nearly impossible. And gently caress WWII Cap. I can only hit him with Vibranium daggers once in a blue moon so when I miss I die in one shot. This game sucks because people spend way too much money on it.

Grab the plasma tubes/solar shields from the covert ops, they previde a bigger bonus than the for-gold equivalents right now. But only do it after you've started research on the fist of tamigotchi. They're not used up for that anyway.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wish they'd stop Big and Fast giving free turns when the protector in question is specifically being targeted. THAT DOESN'T COUNT AS PROTECTION. Either change it so it says 'chance of free turn when attacked' or unfuck your coding, playdom.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dammit, I'm right on the cusp of getting into adamantium, but I keep getting knocked back from the 1550 threshold.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

I'd really love Spec ops to start today, if it was on, I'd of had Iceman by now!

I'll be glad when this pvp season is over. What a pain in the rear end.

Hey, I made it into Adamantium for the first time!

That's only on account of the week's extension and I'm probably going to get smacked out again by the deadline, but hey, I managed it for the first time! :toot:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

YES! FIRST ADAMANTIUM PLACING! WOO!

Man, I'm lucky they extended it an extra week. I'm feeling chuffed I managed it.

edit:

twistedmentat posted:

Figure I'll grab an eISO for Havok and hulk, but I'm not sure which one to get. Isn't there one that increases damage when you unarmed attack?

There's ones that boost the critical rate for ranged and melee attacks that go for any class. The one that boosts damge for melee is for scrappers only.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 4, 2014

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Grimlook posted:

Yeah I saw this too. You can select him and he is lvl 9. Nice bugs.

Speaking of bugs, anyone else can't receive friends gifts on playdom? First time I run out of iso during a spec op

Yeah, it's happening to me too. Curses!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jetfire posted:

Latest D-list victims of the Circle: Two of the main characters from X-Men: Destiny :lol:

Which ones? I know the girl appeared on the promo image.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurks With Wolves posted:

So, uh, looks like I'm done playing this game.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Marvel: Avengers Alliance - The Worst Avengers Game We Can Stop Playing

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

new announcement out from the dev's:

Wow, that all sounds great!

Except the game's going to have died a death on Playdom before any of that poo poo happens. And I have zero interest in climbing the greasy pole all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

Groot will be a Lockbox character. Every page you get just is him saying "I am Groot."
There is no translation.

Yes, that sounds about right.

• Locked thread