Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

commish posted:

If you guys have War Machine's newest suit, pair him with Rescue and I think that's the best AFK team currently. I was getting defensive wins against players rated above 2000 last season.

Rescue is way too overpowered right now. Her magnetic defensive bullshit should not work against stealthy attacks, but it does and I can't ever crit or kill the biotch thanks to her self heal and panacea response too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Something is very wrong with PVP right now. Its putting me up against players who have scores in the 1400s while I'm around 900 due to huge defensive losses that the Battle Reports isn't displaying (it says "pending battle history updates" in grey)

And I can't say this enough. gently caress Rescue. Her magnetic bullshit shouldn't trigger on stealthy and psychic attacks.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

MrBling posted:

5 free lockboxes every two weeks

where do you get free lockboxes?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

I guess they have decided not to give ISOs via ally visits. That sucks, that means you can only be guaranteed 50 a day, that gave you a chance to get 100.

Ugh, is there a faster way to get the defeat Ares with a score of more than 60K+ than just doing it over and over?

Is this official? Or just something they have to fix? If this is the case, I'm never going to get enough to do this spec ops.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Eddain posted:

I just want Iceman and I don't want him to be some bullshit PVP lockbox hero.

At this point they're just loving with us by withholding him.

Just beat the Spiderwoman heroic battle with her at only level 8. I was sick of leveling/playing her so I just gave it a go. Got all the Season 2 Ch. 1 junk and relieved I don't have to mess with her again. So for anyone who wants to try it before hitting level 9, if you go before Modok you should be good - he'll reset his clock almost every turn. Just put on vengeance and she should kill the other goons in 2 counters. Try spec'ing her attack and evasion. That's what I did.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Steve Vader posted:

Ah, yeah. That may be the problem, huh? Boo.

Its not. I don't run that, and I'm getting it too.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I didn't even attempt to collect all that dumb stuff for the Sunfire glove task since the drop rates seemed so low, but just now I completed the task for using the glove from enemy agents using it in PVP . . . . So now I could buy him if I wanted, but I probably won't since he won't be needed for any spec ops or anything. So there's that. Moral of the story - if you face an agent using the glove try to prolong the fight to get the task done.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Jai Guru Dave posted:

I really like the forced splitting of teams. It probably sucks hard for those who just started the game, but I like having another layer of strategy, and the excuse to use heroes who had just been sitting around playing Galaga on the helicarrier.

I just clicked through those team splitting screens and now I'm entering the third mission with teams of 3 heroes in two places with the rest split evenly over the other two missions. What did I do.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Liar Lyre posted:

I'd expect to see Chapter 4 next week and PvP 14 the week after. I mean we got a big Spec Ops to get through so I don't mind the gap in content.

I need more content to punch red ISOs out of. I just friended the poo poo out of people in the facebook group.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

Everytime i use Psi tap on mystique she uses ISO doping and it gets removed without doing damage.

Same - just spam her level 9 after tapping Blob. I put the 5 gold weak mind augmenter on it which completely destroyed Mystique. I also got that Diamond iso for Emma, so it looks like she's my new PVPer. Now if only her diamond punch knocked off Magneto's and Juggernaut's psi-proof helmets. . . that should totally be an iso for that move . . .

That sif fight is bullshit. It doesn't help that mine is only level 6.

There seems to be 3 types of heroic fights:

1. Straight up fun brawls - the x-men vs. brotherhood one in this chapter; Avengers vs. Hydra doubles in a past chapter
2. Gimmicky - mind control a minion, fight a deadpool enhanced Bob, etc
3. Impossible (until nerfed) - Jean vs. Black Queen, Sif vs. Enchantress - gently caress THESE

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Liar Lyre posted:

Domino is a pretty safe bet.

Or she was just for Chapter 4 and we'll need to get Fandral and Agent Venom . . .

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't understand the benefits of getting an alternate costume in a different class. Like, why should I get Bruiser WWII Cap instead of Tactician? Why should I get Infiltrator or Blaster Hawkeye instead of Tactician?

Some of the heroic battles are set up to be very very difficult, if not impossible at current level without an alt costume.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Lager posted:

Holy crap the drop rate on these items is awful. I've spent two hours and have gotten 1 tankard and 1 ham. I don't usually like to complain about the crap in this game, but this is a bit ridiculous.

The ham drop rate is indeed really bad.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Also - non-Jotun enemies can drop hams in that mission, so don't start over if you've cleared all the Jotun.

Second run through and I have 3 hams and about one millions miscellaneous items since I'm using weak multi-hit characters to try to milk them hamz

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Kali11324 posted:

Which characters are you using? I was thinking Reed would be good for this.

Using an agent with an un-ISO'd suit and an AR Spinner, Quicksilver, and have been switching around for the second hero - Deadpool has a lot of hits with his second attack, Reed is good too, Ares gets a lot of hits with his personal war and modern warfare attacks too.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Codependent Poster posted:

Wouldn't Squirrel Girl be great too?

Yeah probably. I don't gots her.

This lack of hams + abundance of uselss red ISOs I'm getting is infuriating. Fixing on starting my fourth run.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Opopanax posted:

Anyone find a good strategy for the mockingbird fight yet? I have Morale Boost on her but I don't really want to fork over the gold for the salve one

I found that the ISO that gives HP when you rest worked well for me. In the second wave you can rest a lot, restoring HP, and letting your infiltrator power do the work for you if you get a good turn order.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Is it bugged? Should I not be trying to play it?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

So using falcon in a team up, Mockingbird keeps showing up, but none of the abilities on him (or maybe its Fandral has an ability to summon women?) say anything about that.\

Twistedmentat, I want to thank you and also berate you for consistently posting the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen in a forum. As Opopanax pointed out, it's right in his lvl 9 tool tip. Although it is amusing to see you constantly complain or ask questions about poo poo that is right in front of your face, it is also annoying. I want you to go back through your post history and look at all the times you've asked a question or complained about something in this game only for someone to immediately point out to you what is happening based on readily available information. Also, if anyone is bored waiting for their energy to recharge in this game, I encourage you to also go through twistedmentat's posting in this thread. It is simply astonishing how wrong how often he is.

Pretty disappointed with this spec ops so far. I thought the strike teams last spec ops were a blast, especially since I impatiently clicked through the team building after the second mission and was stuck with 2 three person teams in the third mission, which was quite challenging and fun. I guess you could always artificially stick yourself with three characters, but there was something really fun about being stuck with three heroes sans your agent in some pretty tough battles.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Has anyone actually ever gotten one of those new ISOs from a deploy? I've gotten zilch

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
After seeing the Winter Soldier it is now apparent this is the most disappointing, tie-in-squandering spec ops. What a boring turd compared to the Apocalypse one. What about taking on hydra shield agents, taking down a helicarrier, capturing any sense of confusion and tension in SHIELD being infiltrated ?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Those stupid fucks broke Emma. None of her attacks apply debuffs. She was my main PVP character. Furious.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Defiance Industries posted:

Is she getting depowered or are you fighting dudes with ways to prevent them? I have IF keep prevent up all the time so I completely devour Emmas.

They hosed her up. She can no longer apply her buff to herself and her psychic debuffs, i.e. her whole utility, no longer apply mental anguish, migraine, or weak mind from the ISOs. Neither does her stun work. She's completely hosed.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I'm at 7/8 covers too with only one dupe. Either they slackened the drop rate or they messed up. Knowing them, probably the latter.

Speaking of bugs, Cap's discus shield throw counter eISO doesn't seem to work. It hasn't gone off once for me after all the many fights using him this Spec Ops. Is it working for anyone? I wonder if it's a Captain Steve Rogers alt costume thing.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Halloween Jack posted:

Are you sure you remembered to dequip it from another costume? I was just running 12-2 with Capt. Rogers this morning, and it triggered plenty of times.

I don't have that costume, it's just what the game gives you in this spec ops. I didn't realize that the eISOs are costume specific like the stat ISOs - I thought they just stuck with the character. That's it then.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Sometimes if I have a lot of windows open/processes going the game will lag and the characters will do bonkers things like go way past the enemy on an attack or stay right up in their faces instead of going back to where they belong. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Part of the game's charm.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

I think Sony has a good working relationship with Marvel, so thats probably why we are getting an ASM outfit.

Marvel Studios is still a co-producer of Amazing Spiderman 2 and Days of Future Past and pretty much any movie that uses its characters. Why wouldn't it try to maximize synergy?

Why won't they drop Chapter 5 already? All these previews for the next spec ops are annoying considering Chapter 5 is being released first.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

Also, a heroic were Kang and Doom team up to fight Thanos.

This game will be complete when you can play as Galactus taking on celestials.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Just hit the 50 CP on the roulette. Didn't think it was possible. I never get anything but energy and even worse - pvp points.

This really alleviates my f up of using all my CP to buy Agent Venom and Gamora thinking I'd need them, but still not having Valkyrie.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, in the FF heroic, just forge cage X-ray and Vector and let them kill themselves.

I like these heroics, they're not too easy, and not too hard.

That FF heroic was very very difficult for me since if the enemies want to they can just attack Sue repeatedly and kill her pretty quick while she's force caging X-ray, and there's not much you can do about it. Then, you can't beat it, because you need her force cages.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
How the heck are you supposed to get 100k on the Man-Ape fight?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Opopanax posted:

Get a good team up bonus, use lots of items, and try to be at full health when it ends (you can take hits, just heal back up before it's over)

Unless that's a heroic battle, then good luck

Thanks. Do you get more points for Challenge Mode or Regular?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Steve Vader posted:

Okay, I just used Iron Man against The Hood and Bullseye, spammed Unibeam and used Chrono Accelerators to make sure nobody ever got a shot off on the other side, Shawarmaed to keep Stamina up, and I STILL only got 72K. What the hell?

Also, they need an abort button for the HBs, so when you lose Invisible Woman in the first round you can just quit because there is no way to win.

Yeah I can't get the scores either. Eventually, we'll gain enough levels for the squirrel girl one that it shouldn't be a problem, but the Hercules one is always on level so that won't get easier and even with Iron Man's unibeam spam I've only gotten up to 90,000. What the hell.

I second the Heroic Battle abort. If they decide to wreck shop on Sue, there's not much you can do.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Starsnostars posted:

Scream is one of the new villains in the next spec ops, which is a step up from Hybrid seeing as I've actually heard of her (once, in passing, maybe).

Are they really going to do obscure symbiotes like Hybrid and Scream, but not Carnage? Why don't they just do Maximum Carnage? Complete with Green Jelly soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGEH-oArHY

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

twistedmentat posted:

I've been trying all afternoon, but I haven't been able to get the 85k vs the Hood. I've tried every suggestion in the thread, but the closest I got was 79k. Even with One shot and quartermaster, finishing everything with full health and stam, that's as high as I can get.

Both in regular and challenge mode.

I got it today. Try doing the Ironman unibeam strategy, but also bring an inf agent, slap a protect on him at some point and let him KO Bullseye with a counterattack (that's a bonus now). SG should basically just be an item slanger. You have to get kind of lucky with the turn order.

Glad I never have to that chapter again. Never got one of the FF eISOs after doing that horrible HB a dozen times. Oh well. I don't have good luck with that stuff.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
So Overloader is pretty crappy huh? Next season will be interesting with all the Diamond level yahoos running around with the Tac power armor with snappy service quick-actioning buffs. It's going to be ridiculous.

Some pure speculation of next chapter's heroic battles based on synergy and who hasn't had one yet:

- Iceman, Beast, and Angel
- Valkyrie and Heimdall
- Punisher
- Luke Cage and Iron Fist
- Cable, Domino, and Shatterstar

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Opopanax posted:

I was planning on buying Hogun as soon as he came out anyways, but he'll be pretty good for next season. Gets counters against all the new Tac agents, and gets CQC against all the people being smart and running infiltrators

Between him and QS, it might be wise to throw some Bruisers into the mix

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Defiance Industries posted:

Has anyone beaten the Red Hulk heroic battle in 2.5.6? My Rulk is level 10 and I'm kind of at a loss for how to handle this fight.

Even without Snappy Service, its completely doable by just 1) smacking Hulk 2) Bulwark 3) stomping on Hulk 4) repeat 2 and 3 (I did have the ISO that gives you some health every time you use a buff, which did make the difference in some fights)

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
"Bugfrak crazy." Never heard that one before, but seems appropriate for Carnage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
I just noticed that the Phoenix Five costumes are randomly back up for sale

• Locked thread