Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Colin Cowherd is really good at gambling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
When is Will Arnett going to play Colin Cowherd in the biopic?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Parmesan Basil posted:

When is Will Arnett going to play Colin Cowherd in the biopic?

What, you think a guy in a $6000 suit is just not going to throw casual racism into his diatribes?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
edit: wrong thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GregABedard posted:

Looks like police are leaving Hernandez house. Search lasted little over 2.5 hours. One detective leaving with a cardboard box
Didn't see anything else brought out during the time they were in there. No comments from law enforcement.
I'll say it first: What's in the box?!!! - Se7en

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Probably a bunch of bongs.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
so much weed

so much

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Thank god Massachusetts decriminalized weed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Aren't warrants very specific as to what can be used as evidence if something is found? Like, if the warrant was to search the house for a murder weapon and they found weed, they couldn't use the weed as evidence?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

swickles posted:

Aren't warrants very specific as to what can be used as evidence if something is found? Like, if the warrant was to search the house for a murder weapon and they found weed, they couldn't use the weed as evidence?

Depends on the circumstances of finding it.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

As long as the illegal items found were in a reasonable place that the items they were looking for could have been, and that area is covered by the warrant, they can confiscate the item and prosecute. It does depend a bit on what the warrant said they were looking for and what it is that they found and where but in a very general sense; yes, they can go after you for it.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

swickles posted:

What, you think a guy in a $6000 suit is just not going to throw casual racism into his diatribes?

C'MON!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I always assumed he'd play Rovell. You think a guy with 300,000 twitter followers is going to respond to a guy with 65 twitter followers? C'MON!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thank god Massachusetts decriminalized weed.

Still against NFL rules.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

Still against NFL rules.

I thought it was substance use, not possession they can do anything about. He would have to piss positive for them to get him. I mean, if they did I find weed I am sure he would be "randomly" selected the next day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

I thought it was substance use, not possession they can do anything about. He would have to piss positive for them to get him. I mean, if they did I find weed I am sure he would be "randomly" selected the next day.

Why even do that?

God king roger goodell would just make an example of him unless the Israel lobby could convince him otherwise.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

swickles posted:

what if the weed...........was the weapon

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Arkane posted:

what if the weed...........was the weapon

Oh my god my D.A.R.E. officer was right

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Well if you really think about it he's actually a terrorist supporter so he's probably going to Guantanamo now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KettleWL posted:

Well if you really think about it he's actually a terrorist supporter so he's probably going to Guantanamo now

what does new england get from cleveland in return?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Anubis posted:

As long as the illegal items found were in a reasonable place that the items they were looking for could have been, and that area is covered by the warrant, they can confiscate the item and prosecute. It does depend a bit on what the warrant said they were looking for and what it is that they found and where but in a very general sense; yes, they can go after you for it.

Something a cop told me about this. Say they're looking for a stolen TV. Well, a warrant for said TV wouldn't let them search in drawers and such. If the warrant says "TV plus remote control", then it opens up a whole host of places to look, and if weed was found in a drawer then, its fair game.

He said they were looking for a stolen car once and listed a t shirt that was in the car on the warrant too, just so they could go through the dudes house and ended up getting him on a bunch of parole violations, even though he didn't have the stolen car.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The NFL would suspend for possession, I'm pretty sure they have done so in the past

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Crunkjuice posted:

Something a cop told me about this. Say they're looking for a stolen TV. Well, a warrant for said TV wouldn't let them search in drawers and such. If the warrant says "TV plus remote control", then it opens up a whole host of places to look, and if weed was found in a drawer then, its fair game.

He said they were looking for a stolen car once and listed a t shirt that was in the car on the warrant too, just so they could go through the dudes house and ended up getting him on a bunch of parole violations, even though he didn't have the stolen car.

Cop's are Piece's of poo poo, thanks. blitz

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
:ese:???

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

jefferson, what say you?

@ProFootballTalk: While reports insist Hernandez isn't a suspect, search warrants aren't granted without probable cause to believe evidence will be found.

HOW YOU GONNA ASK HIM AND NOT ME?

I'm crushed baby. I thought we had something

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Crunkjuice posted:

This is mostly with regards to cars. If you're looking for a baseball bat or a gun, you can't go searching in super small compartments. Cars are separate than personal property (ie your person) while homes are much more protected.

I can't remember the exact phrasing but one of the judges I worked for used to recite, like 5 times every conversation when discussing anything regarding warrants or probable cause searches, that basically said "Homes are very special and protected and you better bring some real poo poo before I sign off on this"

Then again mostly magistrates sign off on them but here we are.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So apparently a detective involved in the investigation is contradicting the prior ABC reports of AHern not cooperating.

Which means nothing I know but it makes me feel a bit better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

It's pretty great they managed to get the word "loving" uncensored on air by splitting it when he was talking about his suit

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So apparently a detective involved in the investigation is contradicting the prior ABC reports of AHern not cooperating.

Which means nothing I know but it makes me feel a bit better.

The coverup has already begun.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

KettleWL posted:

"Afghani kush da bomb fire" tripped the nsa filters

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

HOW YOU GONNA ASK HIM AND NOT ME?

I'm crushed baby. I thought we had something

bro

bro you weren't online at the time

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
@GregABedard: This area is basically Patriots-ville. Ty Warren used to own Hernandez's house, Adalius Thomas and Deion Branch were neighbors, others close

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Petey posted:

@GregABedard: This area is basically Patriots-ville. Ty Warren used to own Hernandez's house, Adalius Thomas and Deion Branch were neighbors, others close

It's all starting to make sense.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Bliggers- posted:

The coverup has already begun.

Excellent excellent, all orchestrated by Bill Belichick no doubt :evil:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Petey posted:

So its gone from clue to the girl with the dragon tatoo.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
It's being reported that the cops showed back up today, but after no answer they took a phone call then left.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/police-quiet-on-investigation-involving-aaron-hernandez/

Source: Aaron Hernandez Not Ruled Out As Suspect In Murder Probe

quote:

NORTH ATTLEBORO (CBS/AP) — New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in a murder investigation in North Attleboro, a law enforcement source told WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson.

The source also said Hernandez is not cooperating with investigators at this point in the probe.

State Police detectives were back at Hernandez’s home Wednesday morning. They knocked on the door and no one answered. After making a brief phone call, they left and would not talk to reporters.

Hernandez and a woman drove away from the home earlier in a white Audi SUV and also had no comment on the investigation that’s drawn national media to his North Attleboro neighborhood.

Police went to see Hernandez Monday after a jogger found the body of a man in an industrial park near Hernandez’s home.

The man was identified by his family Wednesday as 27-year-old Odin Lloyd of Dorchester. His death is being investigated as a homicide.

Lloyd was a linebacker for the Boston Bandits, a semi-pro football team from Boston. The Bandits are made up of former high school and college football players. Lloyd went to the O’Bryant School of Math and Science.

The man who made the grisly discovery did not want to be identified, but described what he found.

“I saw an African-American male, probably 25-35 years old, decently dressed,” the man told WBZ-TV. “He was stiff motionless, one of the police officers came back later and said it looked the guy had been shot somewhere else and dumped here.”

State and local police spent hours at Hernandez’s home on Tuesday night while other officers searched the industrial park.

Sports Illustrated reported that the link between Hernandez and the case was a rented Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island plates that police had been searching for.

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., said the SUV was registered to Enterprise and investigators wanted to analyze it for fingerprints.

Hernandez is represented by the Athletes First agency, which said it has no comment “on the Aaron Hernandez situation.”

The player’s mother said by telephone from Connecticut on Tuesday she had no knowledge of a case involving him.

The Patriots drafted Hernandez out of Florida in 2010. Since then, he has combined with Rob Gronkowski to form one of the top tight end duos in the NFL.

On Tuesday night, some police officers stood on the front steps of Hernandez’s home and others could be seen inside. Some walked around the driveway and in the garage with flashlights. Before wrapping up their work for the night, one officer took a box out of the massive house.

“I am aware of the reports, but I do not anticipate that we will be commenting publicly during an ongoing police investigation,” Patriots spokesman Stacey James said.

In 38 games, the 6-foot-1, 245-pound Hernandez has 175 receptions for 1,956 yards and 18 touchdowns. He missed 10 games last season with an ankle injury and had shoulder surgery in April, but is expected to be ready for training camp.

Last summer, the Patriots gave Hernandez a five-year contract. It was worth $40 million, according to reports, and came just months after the team locked up Gronkowski, through 2019.

Well then.

EDIT: Well gently caress, just re-read through that and realized I went to highschool with the victim, we played football together. (I was a senior, he was a freshman). This is now becoming surreal for me.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 19, 2013

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
The details of that article really sounds like he's about to get charged.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Why a dude rent a car tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Jesus, that's loving stupid. If you're going to whack someone why dump them a mile from your house and leave a rental car registered to you not far from the scene? Is he a noted retard?

• Locked thread